Liquid Letrozole Question

Blatalian

Awards
I've commonly heard that letrozole is to be used during cycle for its anti-estrogen and anti-bloating properties....

but how about for post-cycle therapy? Can it be used in place of Nolva?

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
I used it with clomid last cycle, recovered very nicely. Bobo is who suggested it to me to use.

size

Awards
  • Established
It could be used. I think it would be effective to use during the last days of PCT just to avoid any possible rebound effect.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually advocated this some time ago but now have changed my mind (not completely though) for the simple fact it can suppress estrogen too much causing a nasty rebound weeks and maybe months after (look at some Clomid studies and you'll see why). If you do you use it, I suggest using it in the beginning and tapering it just like you would Nolva but run Nolva for a week maybe 2 beyond that. I got into a discussion with Swale over at CEM and he would never advocate using an AI post cycle for the simple fact that you could have a bad rebound when all is stopped (he runs an HRT clinic if your not familiar). All this is theoretical since there really is no study using AI's during PCT (we have Nolva and Clomid studies) but since that discussion with Nandi and Swale some time ago, I agree it COULD have some nasty rebounds. Maybe using it for just the first week could provide some benefit. Remember full recover is usually many weeks, sometimes months after your cycle and high test levels 6 weeks after does not mean they will be high 3 months down the road.

size

Awards
  • Established
Bobo,
I think you take the right approach on this. It may be helpful or it might not. I would be concerned about the rebound effect as well.

My knowledge on this topic is 0 b/c I ahve never used it for post cycle and have been successful using a 4 weeks tapering system with typical post meds.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I actually advocated this some time ago but now have changed my mind (not completely though) for the simple fact it can suppress estrogen too much causing a nasty rebound weeks and maybe months after
just out of curiosity.. how is there a rebound with an anti-aromatase? i thought the rebounds were more with the receptor blockers like nolva and clomid?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
AI's suppress systemic estrogen much more than blockers. The more you suppress, the more the rebound.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
AI's suppress systemic estrogen much more than blockers. The more you suppress, the more the rebound.
cool thanks for the clarification.. one thing though.. wouldnt tapering the dosage work out fine for letro? i mean bringing it down slowly it doesnt seem like there is a reason for a bad rebound..again you have done more than i have so you would know more than i would..

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your already in a low estrogen environement, what would be the point? If you do use it then yes start with regular dosage then taper as you go along but its really easily to lower them to subphysiological level so the chance for a rebound down the road increases. Using letro probably won't speed it up that much anyway. Your body will only rebound so fast using anti-e's. People seem to think more is better but it really isn't. The only thing that significantly speeds up the process is HCG.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Your already in a low estrogen environement, what would be the point? If you do use it then yes start with regular dosage then taper as you go along but its really easily to lower them to subphysiological level so the chance for a rebound down the road increases. Using letro probably won't speed it up that much anyway. Your body will only rebound so fast using anti-e's. People seem to think more is better but it really isn't. The only thing that significantly speeds up the process is HCG.

i c i c.. so what are you recommending?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nolva :D

Or HCG, Nolva, Clomid if necessary.

AI's are to used only during cycle since they greatly reduce the effects of estrogen and/or its metabolites which are more potent. Even then it should only be used if your susceptible to gyno because an AI will hinder some gains but people seem to be fanatical about reducing bloat.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
yeah i have found out first hand that it hinders the gains.. and yes i already use nolva, on and post cycle.