How do U CUT FAT while KEEPING Strength?

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
I've made some very good gains during my cycle and I want to know the best method for cutting fat (get ripped) without losing strength gains. I'm not as concerned with mass but they pretty much go hand in hand. I'm 6'1" 205 and pretty lean already but not ripped.

Cardio? I know it melts muscle if not done properly or over doing it. I know High Impact Cardio is effective but how much and what kind?

Cutting calories? That's a fine line as well if your looking to retain strength gains.

Types of diet? i know for sure about cutting major carbs and I've lived it. It works but I feel very lethargic and feel I would definately lose some strength?

Any advice guys? Cheers:cheers:

AnthonyEhsani

Awards
I used to do 2 x HIIT (high intensity interval training) and 3 x low impact cardio after weights, and I never experienced any loss in strength - maybe a little but nothing that got me depressed. I looked a bit smaller when i looked in the mirror, but that was because I was totally shredded.

Before each cardio session I had my EAA/BCAA's (purple wrath = makes cardio fun lolol) and my protein intake was extremely high

Heaps of people I know carb cycle, It works for them. I didn't cut carbs out completely though, i just kept carbs out after my workout.

BTW probably be best if you posted in the fat loss section of the forums.

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
I used to do 2 x HIIT (high intensity interval training) and 3 x low impact cardio after weights, and I never experienced any loss in strength - maybe a little but nothing that got me depressed. I looked a bit smaller when i looked in the mirror, but that was because I was totally shredded.

Before each cardio session I had my EAA/BCAA's (purple wrath = makes cardio fun lolol) and my protein intake was extremely high

Heaps of people I know carb cycle, It works for them. I didn't cut carbs out completely though, i just kept carbs out after my workout.

BTW probably be best if you posted in the fat loss section of the forums.
thank you.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
i eat the same amount of kcal, but i use healthier foods. i also do low intensity cardio every night before bed for 40 min and ive never looked better in my life.

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
i eat the same amount of kcal, but i use healthier foods. i also do low intensity cardio every night before bed for 40 min and ive never looked better in my life.
So, your able to lean out while keeping calorie intake that high? How many days a week for cardio? I'm guessing keeping protein high will help with retaining muscle. I 'm probably going to cut back on oatmeal, rice, and even whole wheat breads for a start. I'll only eat green veggies for carbs. I'm mainly concerned with leaning out but keeping all my muscle.