Clomid hypothesis

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
You know, I was on a popular research chem site looking at the details for clomid, and one of the things that it said is

"It is freely soluble in methanol, soluble in ethanol; slightly soluble in acetone, water, and chloroform; and insoluble in ether"

I was wondering, is the solution that most chems use methanol? Because, I researched methanol, and one of the side effects of methanol poisoning is vision problems. I know that most have noticed vision problems while on clomid, and just curious if maybe this might actually have some bearing. I could be very wrong, I don't know though because I've never talked to anyone that has taken tabs so I don't really have a very good comparison. I could be very wrong, just wanted to throw it out there!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You know, I was on a popular research chem site looking at the details for clomid, and one of the things that it said is

"It is freely soluble in methanol, soluble in ethanol; slightly soluble in acetone, water, and chloroform; and insoluble in ether"

I was wondering, is the solution that most chems use methanol? Because, I researched methanol, and one of the side effects of methanol poisoning is vision problems. I know that most have noticed vision problems while on clomid, and just curious if maybe this might actually have some bearing. I could be very wrong, I don't know though because I've never talked to anyone that has taken tabs so I don't really have a very good comparison. I could be very wrong, just wanted to throw it out there!

i always thought they suspended it in Ethanol not methanol.

and methanol is supposedly sweet, which ois not the case for most SERMs when you taste it

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Thats an interesting observation, but I know ethanol (ethyl alcohol, pure alcohol, grain alcohol, or drinking alcohol) was used in the research chems from the company I was familiar with.

holy

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Well, if methanol is sweet, then that is in no way what my clomid is dissolved in. Must be ethanol then. Just thought I would throw that out there!

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
methanol sounds extremely bad for you....the methanol you use in your car for higher octane methanol injection, if you drink it you have to induce vomitting

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, upon a little further examination, it has to be ethanol that it is dissolved in, not methanol. They'd have to be semi-retarded to dissolve it in methanol and sell it as a research chem.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, upon a little further examination, it has to be ethanol that it is dissolved in, not methanol. They'd have to be semi-retarded to dissolve it in methanol and sell it as a research chem.

yeah they would be pretty much 100% tard if they were shipping it out suspended in methanol. i still know enough from HS chemistry and bio to know thats not a good move.

hyper24

hyper24

Awards
Yes I can vouch for that, NOTHING that is made for human consumption has methanol in it. Methanol is very toxic for you.
Ethanol on the other hand, is great for sat nights and down at the pub after work :)

Methylated spirits is normally 95% ethanol and the other 5% they put in methanol to stop people from drinking it. Hence the name methylated spirits. But when they realized too many people were still drinking it for cheap grog and just getting sick from the methanol they changed it to pyridine now. Well thats how it is in oz.