Acne (Tetracycline?)

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Will probably be running some Test Prop some time in the new year. I've run oral cycles before, and the only problem/side effect I've had is acne post cycle. It starts in the last few days on, and continues throughout and even beyond PCT. Nothing too bad, but its facial, so its irritating.

My guess is Test is only going to be worse for this, so I want to run some sort of protection.

I've tried B5 (pantothenic Acid) with little results (up to 10g a day, spread over 3 servings for a month period).

I want to avoid accutane for several obvious reasons.

I've been recommended tetracycline at ~ 500mg/day on cycle and throughout PCT. Any opinions on this? Experiences? Sides?

Anything else? Obviously I would prefer it to be OTC in the UK, but if not, I can get Rx Chems like tetracycline, etc.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I have some stuff. Tetracycline(sp?) you need to cycle as its estimated that it only is good for 2 week segments in your system then tolerance is built up. you got PM

KLaw666

KLaw666

Awards
clindamycin is the only thing that works for me. . . tho i never tried accutane. . .

dan12

Awards
tetracycline did nothing for me. The only thing that actually did do something for me was accutane. It may be just me but the side effects of accutane are not bad at all. Only thing i noticed was a little dry skin and that was not even bad.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Will probably be running some Test Prop some time in the new year. I've run oral cycles before, and the only problem/side effect I've had is acne post cycle. It starts in the last few days on, and continues throughout and even beyond PCT. Nothing too bad, but its facial, so its irritating.

My guess is Test is only going to be worse for this, so I want to run some sort of protection.

I've tried B5 (pantothenic Acid) with little results (up to 10g a day, spread over 3 servings for a month period).

I've been recommended tetracycline at ~ 500mg/day on cycle and throughout PCT. Any opinions on this? Experiences? Sides?

Anything else? Obviously I would prefer it to be OTC in the UK, but if not, I can get Rx Chems like tetracycline, etc.

ive used the dynacin at 200mg ED and it worked very well for me.

Tetra cycline at 200 mg per day 100 in the morning and a hundred at night. youll be set, the only thing is it inhibits protein synthesis, which is why accutane is so much more popular in bodybuilding, it wont inhibit protein synthesis.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the responses guys.

Mental Twitch, I've heard of the things you mentioned, and read a bit about them. My problem really isnt that bad, its a few zits, not a bad case in any way, shape or form, so for my problem, those mentioned seem to strong.

Any other opinions/experiences on tetracycline??? The protein synthesis seems like a bodybuilding nightmare, but on cycle I would think it wont be any issue.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
have u ever thought about tanning? maybe 2-3 times a week would be good for ur skin without being too noticable that ur tanning

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established

Do Not use tetracycline on AAS. They interfere with each others mechanism of action and one will be partially disabled, most likely the gear. Dish detergent has worked wonders for some in your situation, but if you have to go rx, go with retin A or accutane.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
have u ever thought about tanning? maybe 2-3 times a week would be good for ur skin without being too noticable that ur tanning
lol, yep thought about it. Would feel weird walking into a tanning salon! But I may give it a try on cycle. That and some B5, and have something else stronger on hand in case. I'd prefer not to use anything Rx.

Do Not use tetracycline on AAS. They interfere with each others mechanism of action and one will be partially disabled, most likely the gear. Dish detergent has worked wonders for some in your situation, but if you have to go rx, go with retin A or accutane.
I've heard that, but I've spoke to many who have used it, with AAS experience, and say the effects arent noticeable. Maybe use it in PCT?

Also can you expand a bit more on dish detergent?

I'd really prefer not to take anything like accutane, simply because the acne isnt bad enough, and not worth the sides for me.

Thanks guys

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
If it's just facial acne, why not a salicylic face wash? Or benzoyl peroxide night cream/treatment? Those are OTC obviously. You also might want to try Neutrogena's salicylic body wash.

If you can remedy your mild facial acne w/topicals vs. oral Rx treatments, I think that's the way to go dood.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
If it's just facial acne, why not a salicylic face wash? Or benzoyl peroxide night cream/treatment? Those are OTC obviously. You also might want to try Neutrogena's salicylic body wash.

If you can remedy your mild facial acne w/topicals vs. oral Rx treatments, I think that's the way to go dood.
Thanks Papa. I'm clueless about acne treatments, its never been a problem before!

I've heard of benzoyl peroxide, heard good things about it. Im gonna have a look around and pick one of the 2 you suggested up in a pharmacy.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Papa. I'm clueless about acne treatments, its never been a problem before!

I've heard of benzoyl peroxide, heard good things about it. Im gonna have a look around and pick one of the 2 you suggested up in a pharmacy.
Sounds good tnick. I too only get acne when on cycle. So I use OTC topicals. Benzoyl Peroxide creams are best for night time use as they can leave an obvious "film" on your skin. Might cause drying so have a good face lotion handy (not some oily crap). Salicylic Acid is a very standard acne treatment..found in Oxy pads and tons of other face washes.

For daytime use, go with Salicylic acid treatments.....and again, at night use benzoyl Peroxide before bed (best as a spot treater). :)

Good luck!

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good tnick. I too only get acne when on cycle. So I use OTC topicals. Benzoyl Peroxide creams are best for night time use as they can leave an obvious "film" on your skin. Might cause drying so have a good face lotion handy (not some oily crap). Salicylic Acid is a very standard acne treatment..found in Oxy pads and tons of other face washes.

For daytime use, go with Salicylic acid treatments.....and again, at night use benzoyl Peroxide before bed (best as a spot treater). :)

Good luck!
Nice! Thanks Papa

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Also can you expand a bit more on dish detergent?
Well, a good wash of the affected area, twice or so a day with palmolive or another brand of dish soap. I've never done it but some members of the board have, with success.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jbtwentytwo Anabolics 16
Trufitnessman2022 Anabolics 12
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
TravD77 Anabolics 2
Anabolics 4