DNP: When and Why?

Jpm89

Awards
Greetings everyone, I've been lurking here for quite some time trying to gather as much information as possible on the subject of AAS as well as ancillary compounds. My question is this: When and for what exact purpose is ok to start using DNP?

First off, I am only 21 years old and have only been training (naturally) for a little over a year. I have no intentions of using AAS for a few years because I am still making great gains naturally. However, the worst part about being natural to me has to be cutting. I started bodybuilding at about 145 lbs and bulked for the first 8 months. Then, due to a bit of excess BF when I started and the fact that I ate a bit to much for my first few months of training in an effort to get big to fast I ended up having around 17% BF at 180ish and had to cut for 3 months to get back down to 10%. Right now I'm at about 12% BF and now with more knowledge on nutrition I should stay relatively lean during this bulk. However, I plan on bulking up to 200lbs and at that weight even with a great diet I'll probably be around 15-16% BF and have to cut for another 3 months to get back around 8-9% BF.

I would really love to run DNP at the end of this bulk in about 9 months because to me, if I can eliminate the long periods of time spent cutting, training naturally would be great. My main concern is what seems to be, at least to me, conflicting information about DNP. All the articles I've read caution on how dangerous it can be but at the same time go on about how safe it is, how there has been no evidence that is can cause cancer and how the side effects that you can get while on it will subside within a few days after coming off it.

I've been reading up on it for awhile now so I'd say I at least now what kind of cycle I'd want to run. I was thinking of running a two week cycle first at 200 mg/day just to see how I respond to it. Then, if all goes well, I would try another cycle about a month later starting at 200 mg/day for the first week, and then bumping it up to 400 mg/day for the second week to see how I respond to a higher dose.

Does this seem acceptable? What I would really like to know from some of the vets out there is at what point in your bodybuilding career is it ok start using DNP? Because if the side effects really aren't permanent and there is no long term damage than I don't see why I couldn't use this compound to shorten my time cutting each year and hopefully reach my natural weight goals a bit faster.

If you've gotten to this point thanks for taking the time to read my post and thanks in advanced for any advice you can offer me.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
Greetings everyone, I've been lurking here for quite some time trying to gather as much information as possible on the subject of AAS as well as ancillary compounds. My question is this: When and for what exact purpose is ok to start using DNP?

First off, I am only 21 years old and have only been training (naturally) for a little over a year. I have no intentions of using AAS for a few years because I am still making great gains naturally. However, the worst part about being natural to me has to be cutting. I started bodybuilding at about 145 lbs and bulked for the first 8 months. Then, due to a bit of excess BF when I started and the fact that I ate a bit to much for my first few months of training in an effort to get big to fast I ended up having around 17% BF at 180ish and had to cut for 3 months to get back down to 10%. Right now I'm at about 12% BF and now with more knowledge on nutrition I should stay relatively lean during this bulk. However, I plan on bulking up to 200lbs and at that weight even with a great diet I'll probably be around 15-16% BF and have to cut for another 3 months to get back around 8-9% BF.

I would really love to run DNP at the end of this bulk in about 9 months because to me, if I can eliminate the long periods of time spent cutting, training naturally would be great. My main concern is what seems to be, at least to me, conflicting information about DNP. All the articles I've read caution on how dangerous it can be but at the same time go on about how safe it is, how there has been no evidence that is can cause cancer and how the side effects that you can get while on it will subside within a few days after coming off it.

I've been reading up on it for awhile now so I'd say I at least now what kind of cycle I'd want to run. I was thinking of running a two week cycle first at 200 mg/day just to see how I respond to it. Then, if all goes well, I would try another cycle about a month later starting at 200 mg/day for the first week, and then bumping it up to 400 mg/day for the second week to see how I respond to a higher dose.

Does this seem acceptable? What I would really like to know from some of the vets out there is at what point in your bodybuilding career is it ok start using DNP? Because if the side effects really aren't permanent and there is no long term damage than I don't see why I couldn't use this compound to shorten my time cutting each year and hopefully reach my natural weight goals a bit faster.

If you've gotten to this point thanks for taking the time to read my post and thanks in advanced for any advice you can offer me.
I don't think using DNP is inappropiate at your age, per say, but I think should re-evaluate a few things. If it's important for you to maintain a low bodyfat, then you should consider lean bulking and gaining more slowly so that you don't have to cut for three months at a time. DNP helps a lot, but like any substance - it's only an aid, not the answer. The first time I used DNP, I tried to rely on it too much and didn't have the best results. You still need to have training and diet pretty tight. I also found it worked better after about a month of consistent cutting, then adding it in later for when fat loss starts to slow down.

As far as DNP goes...it's dangerous, but I think it can easily be used safely. The dosing you listed above is solid and relatively safe. It's important to start off with small doses and increase a little bit every 5-7 days until you reach your tolerance threshold because of DNP's half life. Monitoring temperature is the key to knowing your body's limits. A temperature above 99.1 degrees is when it can start to get dangerous.

I'm not sure where he posts these days but "Conciliator" is the best resource I have found as he's done tons of research on the substance. He has some posts here on DNP, but tons on bb.com. I'd meticuously read through his posts before starting.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DNP can give you cataracts and has been implicated in numerous deaths. Do you really want to risk blindness to lose weight?

Why not just cycle clenbuterol/albuterol and EC for alternating 2 week intervals? It's far safer and it's anti-catabolic.

But the most important thing as usual is getting your cardio routine and diet in check. Without any drugs you should be able to lose 2.5 pounds a week and you really need to ask yourself why that isn't enough.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
DNP is not worth it in my book. i know a few guys who use it for shows and they look no better then the rest of us who diet and use correctly.

clen or aluterol can help you out in this area. i lean towards albuterol over clen due to gains/sides ratio.

igf-1 works for some people. personaly i dont use it anymore because ive found GH is much better.

if that isnt the awnser your looking for the only other non aas things could be an OTC supp like recreate but i dont think those have the same effects of their non otc counterparts.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
ive used dnp in the past and honestly, the results were great...but it was 10 days of hell. the sides are awful...if you really want an uncoupling agent why dont you look into usnic acid. Dave palumbos fat burners (species line...I think???) are called lypolyze and somalyze. they incorparate usnic acid into a night time and daytime product. is supposed to be very effective and nowhere near the sides of dnp. im going to be looking at them for my next cut.

Jpm89

Awards
Thanks for all of the responses guys, very helpful. I think for now the risk vs. reward of DNP is to much so I'm going to hold off on it. However, at the very least I'm going to add some OTC fat burners into my cutting cycle this time around. Also, I'm very interested in Clen and Albuterol, gonna do some more research on those two and see what i can find out. Thanks again guys.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for all of the responses guys, very helpful. I think for now the risk vs. reward of DNP is to much so I'm going to hold off on it. However, at the very least I'm going to add some OTC fat burners into my cutting cycle this time around. Also, I'm very interested in Clen and Albuterol, gonna do some more research on those two and see what i can find out. Thanks again guys.
Go for Albuterol. Much easier to work with the doses, time and sleep.

Adams

Jpm89

Awards
DNP can give you cataracts and has been implicated in numerous deaths. Do you really want to risk blindness to lose weight?

Why not just cycle clenbuterol/albuterol and EC for alternating 2 week intervals? It's far safer and it's anti-catabolic.

But the most important thing as usual is getting your cardio routine and diet in check. Without any drugs you should be able to lose 2.5 pounds a week and you really need to ask yourself why that isn't enough.
Sorry for the noob question. but what does EC stand for?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DCP/Leviathan stack, Recreate, carb cycling, etc

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
without even reading this i can answer your when and why

When: NEVER
Why: Its ****ing Dangerous and toxic the LD50 is soo close to its working dose.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ive used dnp in the past and honestly, the results were great...but it was 10 days of hell. the sides are awful...if you really want an uncoupling agent why dont you look into usnic acid. Dave palumbos fat burners (species line...I think???) are called lypolyze and somalyze. they incorparate usnic acid into a night time and daytime product. is supposed to be very effective and nowhere near the sides of dnp. im going to be looking at them for my next cut.

solid advice Great products,

Wastes calories.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
With a solid diet and daily cardio in a fasted state 80-120 mcg of clenbuterol or 12-16 mg of albuterol is very effective. Just don't expect to lose much weight unless your dieting and training fundamentals are solid.

After 2 weeks of clenbuterol/albuterol, you switch to 75 mg of ephedrine and 600 mg of caffeine while your Ab2 receptors recover. After 2 weeks of EC you alternate back to clenbuterol/albuterol and repeat.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am actually fond of DNP at SUPER low dose maintained for several weeks.

Talking 75-100mg a day, which pretty much is not high enough to cause major sides (lethargy and insomnia are the worst for me), but still amplifying metabolism enough to have its place in a solid stack.

As a standalone? Nah.

Jpm89

Awards
With a solid diet and daily cardio in a fasted state 80-120 mcg of clenbuterol or 12-16 mg of albuterol is very effective. Just don't expect to lose much weight unless your dieting and training fundamentals are solid.

After 2 weeks of clenbuterol/albuterol, you switch to 75 mg of ephedrine and 600 mg of caffeine while your Ab2 receptors recover. After 2 weeks of EC you alternate back to clenbuterol/albuterol and repeat.
Thanks for the advice man. That's exactly what I want to do.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

no point in switching from clen to ECA they work on the same receptors, just stay on the clen.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Using DNP is cooking yourself alive, quite literally. I've been body building and supplementing for 10 years now, and the thought has never even crossed my mind. I'd go with an ECA stack over something like DNP most certainly. First things first though, however. It seems that you must be a meso, or possibly an endo, which means that you must utilize carb control in order to seek your goals. Alot of this is discussed in the nutrition section, but basically you want to slowly back off on the carbs until you start losing at the desired rate. As was already mentioned, cardio is a must. It doesn't have to be boring treadmill stuff either. You can mix it up, shoot hoops, implement some type of interval training, pylometrics, ect, but unfortunately (and especially for your body type) its nessesary. Best of luck.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
no point in switching from clen to ECA they work on the same receptors, just stay on the clen.
No, they don't. Clenbuterol and albuterol are adrenaline beta 2 agonists. While ephedrine is a sympathomimetic amine.

They are vastly different drugs with completely different profiles.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
No, they don't. Clenbuterol and albuterol are adrenaline beta 2 agonists. While ephedrine is a sympathomimetic amine.

Please see below. Ephedrine is definitely a beta receptor agonist to varying degrees depending on the isomer.

Direct effects of ephedrine isomers on human β-adrenergic receptor subtypes

Sandeep S. Vansala and Dennis R. Feller, , a

a Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy and National Center for the Development of Natural Products, University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677, USA

Received 22 September 1998; accepted 21 January 1999. Available online 23 July 1999.

References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

Abstract
Ephedrine and its alkaloids are used for the treatment of asthma, nasal congestion, and obesity. Ephedrine, with two chiral centers, exists as four isomers that exhibit direct and indirect effects on both α- and β-adrenergic receptors (AR). Our main goal was to study the direct effects of the ephedrine isomers on human β1-, β2-, and β3-AR expressed in Chinese hamster ovary cells. Previous work indicated that the ephedrine isomers are inactive as agonists and that 1R,2S-ephedrine is more potent than the 1S,2R-isomer as an antagonist of catecholamine-induced lipolysis in rat adipose tissue (Lee et al., J Pharmacol Exp Ther 190: 249–259, 1974). Stimulation of adenylyl cyclase, associated with cyclic AMP accumulations, was measured by a luciferase reporter gene assay. On human β1-AR, the rank order of potency ( 50 values, maximal response relative to isoproterenol = 100%) was 1R,2S-ephedrine (0.5 μM, 68%) > 1S,2R-ephedrine (72 μM, 66%) > 1S,2S-pseudoephedrine (309 μM, 53%) = 1R,2R-pseudoephedrine (1122 μM, 53%). On human β2-AR, the rank order of potency was 1R,2S-ephedrine (0.36 μM, 78%) > 1R,2R-pseudoephedrine (7 μM, 50%) ≥ 1S,2S-pseudoephedrine (10 μM, 47%) > 1S,2R-ephedrine (106 μM, 22%). Only 1R,2S-ephedrine showed significant agonist activity on human β3-AR with an 50 = 45 μM and a maximal response of 31%. Our studies demonstrated that (a) stereoselective and rank order differences exist among the direct effects of ephedrine isomers; (b) 1R,2S-ephedrine is the most potent of the four ephedrine isomers on all three human β-AR; and (c) 1R,2S- ephedrine was nearly equipotent as a β1-/β2-AR agonist and the only isomer possessing weak partial agonist activity on β3-AR.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
This KID has already had a thread locked down for being under age. I guess he didn't learn his lesson because he is back. I call for a ban!!!!!!!!!!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

they both work on beta receptors.

and yes they do have different profiles, but they work on the beta 2 receptors

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cheeky Monkey Supplements 22
RickyBlobby Anabolics 25
Anabolics 1
Supplements 37
Post Cycle Therapy 5