keeping gains

rombusempire

Awards
I am a 27 year old male, 165lbs, 12%ish bodyfat, 5'9. 7 years lifting experience. Wrist circumference = 6.25 inches. Good understanding of training principles and nutrition. Unknown cause of secondary hypogonadism (below normal levels of LH and testsoterone). The gains have been EXTREMELY slow.

I am about to embark on a full journey to take 400mg/week of synovex converted test prop for a bulking phase, lasting 10 weeks.

Nolvadex will be used, 10mg ED since I am extremely gyno-prone.

For PCT, I plan to take 40-30-20-10mg nolvadex (4 week total).

Now, I have been reading quite a bit about how it is hard to keep gains from test prop. After my PCT, say if I never want to use test prop again and I continue training like teh way I had been for teh past 7 years (with my naturally low test levels), would the test prop gains POST PCT be 'relatively permanent'?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
where did u read that Prop gains are hard to maintain?

anyway, if u can eat to gain, then u can eat to maintain gains. its alllllllllllllll about diet

rombusempire

Awards
Well there are a good few articles that worried me. One is perhaps chemical wizardry? or some other file I cant remember but it shows a table listing the properties of each steroid. Sepcifically, it had an 'ability to keep gains' score out of 10 and it was a 4/10. Anavar rated 9/10 I believe.

That is teh thing I am vastly confused about. When they mean not able to keep gains do they mean 'not able to keep water gains' or 'not able to keep lean mass gains'. If it's the former then obviously you cannot keep it because the water goes away along with the steroid.

As for your comment about 'it's all about the diet'.... So say if my base calorie level to maintain my weight is 2400cals. When I go on the cycle, say if i up my calories to 3500-4000 or so. Then during PCT, I lower it back down to 2600 (to account for the new LBM gains) and keep it that way for the next 5 years. If I followed this scheme, then you're saying I will keep the post PCT gains povided I kept training and eating properly?

Thanks for the commnt, btw :D

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
As for your comment about 'it's all about the diet'.... So say if my base calorie level to maintain my weight is 2400cals. When I go on the cycle, say if i up my calories to 3500-4000 or so. Then during PCT, I lower it back down to 2600 (to account for the new LBM gains) and keep it that way for the next 5 years.
Thanks for the commnt, btw :D

Yes and no. to make gains ur going to have to up ur cals, but to KEEP gains ur not going to ever be able to go back down to 2400 calories to maintain. for ur body to maintain the new weight from ur cycle u have to keep ur calories high(er)

rombusempire

Awards
Ah, right. So as I suspected then, if I gain 10lbs of LBM, then I shoudl increase my calories accordingly, since i'll have a new BMR.

Is that ...the only issue with keeping gains? if that is the case then I am sure going to be able to keep my gains then!

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Ah, right. So as I suspected then, if I gain 10lbs of LBM, then I shoudl increase my calories accordingly, since i'll have a new BMR.

Is that ...the only issue with keeping gains? if that is the case then I am sure going to be able to keep my gains then!

u also keep more gains the faster ur natty test recovers. but yes, adjust cals accordingly

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
where did u read that Prop gains are hard to maintain?

anyway, if u can eat to gain, then u can eat to maintain gains. its alllllllllllllll about diet
Absolutely. Diet is the key. Steroids are not magic.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
never drop cals during pct or for a month or so after, add clomid 50/50/50/50 into your pct. this will restart your lh function faster hopefully helping you keep more of your gains.

wood23

wood23

Awards
I think lifting weight might have something to do with it...... When the weights you are lifting go down so does the size of muscles.So trying to maintain the same strength off steriods is also a key point in maintaining size.

rombusempire

Awards
Ok so here is what I learned about keeping gains from the members of this board.

Calories: During, PCT, gradually decrease calories to adjust for the inevitable loss of weight, then adjust and stablize calories to new post PCT LBM.
Training: try as hard as possible to lift the same weights to maintain size.

Is this correct?

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
Ok so here is what I learned about keeping gains from the members of this board.

Calories: During, PCT, gradually decrease calories to adjust for the inevitable loss of weight, then adjust and stablize calories to new post PCT LBM.
Training: try as hard as possible to lift the same weights to maintain size.

Is this correct?

do not drop cals during pct, thier is no reason to prepare for an inevitable weight loss, lift heavy and eat heavy during pct, their is no secret....is very easy.