Maintaining Size - AnabolicMinds.com

Maintaining Size

1. New Member

Maintaining Size

Hey guys, I was talking to a buddy in the gym today and we are talking about juicing. A topic came up and neither of us knew the answer. Lets say you've done 4 proper cycles, have an above average bodybuilder type body and and relatively lean. For whatever reason, you put down the syringe and stop doing cycles and just leave the game with 4 proper cycles followed by proper pct (which is rare to see now a days). Now your 5'9" and are 210 pretty lean, and start training naturally. With almost perfect diet, training, and rest, is it possible to hold on to that, and I'm talking long term, not just a month. Could you hold on to that size for 5 or even 10 years down the road. And to continue growing over time? Because your body will go back to homeostasis and over time wont your muscle start to diminish? The reason I ask is because, if I have to continually do cycles to maintain/grow, I am not sure how many more cycles I will do. In a weird way it seems pointless. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE being on from my results and strength. A dumb way of askin this question would be, If Jay Cutler had no way of every getting steroids, how big would he be with all his cycles he has done.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

i would think you could hold on to them if its within your bodies natural range of weight. 210 and lean might be a stretch for you at 5'9" but maybe not. i think you could maintain that naturally, though it would take a lot of work. i have a small frame, and i can maintain 181 naturally at 5'9", so if your frame is bigger, than i'm sure you can.

your second question... jay.. i don't think any of the pro's can maintain their weight steroid free. i mean they're 260 contest weight, 320 off season. i don't think its possible to carry that much muscle naturally, but i'm not an expert in this.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

i don't see why not. it will definately be tougher and his weight will probably fluctuate a bit but i think it is definately do-able. he might have a tad higher bf % from time to time but if he sticks to it i think he'll be fine
    •   

4. New Member

Thanks for the posts so far. But that's my concerns, I mean doesn't it seem like a waste of money to just juice get big and then lose it? I mean I've done my first cycle and am in my PCT and I've absolutely LOVED it. It just seems stupid, because I thought after I was off for a long time, I mean all good things come to an end, I wouldn't want to just go back to a natural build. Because what was the point of all the money and certain damage to the body, when I could have just trained naturally and end up at the same point. I am still going to cycle, and already have enough gear for my second and third cycle (picked up quite a bit) because I love being on and getting bigger and stronger, just what's the point of filling a tire with a slow leak in it?
  5. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by eatsleeplift View Post
    Thanks for the posts so far. But that's my concerns, I mean doesn't it seem like a waste of money to just juice get big and then lose it? I mean I've done my first cycle and am in my PCT and I've absolutely LOVED it. It just seems stupid, because I thought after I was off for a long time, I mean all good things come to an end, I wouldn't want to just go back to a natural build. Because what was the point of all the money and certain damage to the body, when I could have just trained naturally and end up at the same point. I am still going to cycle, and already have enough gear for my second and third cycle (picked up quite a bit) because I love being on and getting bigger and stronger, just what's the point of filling a tire with a slow leak in it?
    ive thought of this quite often and it makes me think that natty is the wat to go but being on is just so much FUN! lol. Seriously i think most muscle can be kept but it takes alot of work and dedication, slip up just once and you can be back to the starting line.... makes you think you should just live on steroids right? yeah, i know what you mean.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Everybody thinks it's harder to grow naturally. I think it's more complicated when you throw all the chemical variables into the equation. Natural growth just takes longer. If I am 19 and weigh 180 and can put on 10 lbs a year...5 yrs from now I will be 230. You have to be dedicated as hell for those 5 yrs.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.

just run growth with your cycles, gains will be easier to keep
  8. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mooch2321 View Post
    just run growth with your cycles, gains will be easier to keep
    is this in your experience? how much did you use or reccommend?
  9. New Member

i would think you could hold on to them if its within your bodies natural range of weight. 210 and lean might be a stretch for you at 5'9" but maybe not. i think you could maintain that naturally, though it would take a lot of work. i have a small frame, and i can maintain 181 naturally at 5'9", so if your frame is bigger, than i'm sure you can.
    That has been true in my experience. I'll run a PH and then when I come off I maintain my intensity and cals and my body weight dwindles over the course of the next year (I've never run more than one cycle in a year) back to a comfortable weight. I think that in addition to your frame, diet, and exercise habits a particular concentration of hormones must be maintained in order to maintain your weight.

I think I've read a study done on lab rats that was controlled for diet and exercise, and when one of the rats was castrated he atrophied. That indicates that for a given caloric intake and activity level, the hormones were what was maintaining the weight.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

LSU, I agree with you on paper but I myself sort of contradict that study. I am 49 and should be declining in hormone availability but have put on 15 lbs in 2 years unassisted chemically aside from BA and creatine. I just eat like a horse, cleanly, and found a training style that I took to like a duck to water: DC. It is just a matter of constant progression that your body has to compensate for.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  11. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by eatsleeplift View Post
    The question is how far below his natural potential was he before the 4 cycles?? AAS will get you to your natural potential far faster and easier than the natural route. now if after 4 cycles you have gotten to your absolute natural potential than it is possible to keep it naturally with good diet training etc. If you've gone above what your body can naturally hold you can't keep it with out juice. That stated however one's natural potential is probablly alot higher than most people think. You have to remember in the real world it is very Hard to make it to ones true potential because of work, kids etc. we all dont' have personal chefs, the time to work out anytime and for any length we want etc. we get injuries colds etc. So bottom line is if he juiced and it got him to his natural genetic potential quicker and easier than yes he has a good chance at keeping it.
  12. Senior Member

Kevin Levrone

this should answer your question. He comes in at about 1:30.

YouTube - Burning Hollywood #2 - The Bodybuilder
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.

What your body can maintain naturally is all genetics.

if you are talking 5'9 210 and lean being 9-10% bodyfat I think that can be maintained naturally if it wasn't too hard to get there assisted, i.e. there has to be a delta between what you can maintain for months vs. the peak of a heavy cycle.

anyway, all genetics
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    this should answer your question. He comes in at about 1:30.

YouTube - Get Strong, VOTE!

oh god.....
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

There's only so much muscle your natural body can sustain. I reckon if any of the pros came off, they would lose at least half. No way could there hormones/genetics sustain that type of mass. No matter how good your genetics are you wouldn't even be close to holding onto that type of mass. Not a snowballs chance in hell. Even if you did everything right, train/diet etc...
  16. New Member

To be fair, Levrone didn't try to keep any of his size.
  17. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prometherion View Post
    To be fair, Levrone didn't try to keep any of his size.
    How did you come to that conclusion?
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.

no ****! thats kevin levrone?
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Its obvious he didnt try and keep any of his size, how could he get to such a small size then? thats like saying if he trained naturally for 20 years thats as big as he would ever get.

Unless he stuffed up his hormones with all the steroid use, then even if he did try to keep it he wouldnt be able to.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hyper24 View Post
    Its obvious he didnt try and keep any of his size, how could he get to such a small size then? thats like saying if he trained naturally for 20 years thats as big as he would ever get.

Unless he stuffed up his hormones with all the steroid use, then even if he did try to keep it he wouldnt be able to.
    thats f#*king sad...aint it!!!
  21. Professional Member

I read somewhere that Levrone stopped training to slim down to get more into acting, similar to arnold and hell even the rock.
  22. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyper24 View Post
    even if he did try to keep it he wouldnt be able to.
    Thats the whole point, without staying ON you lose that unmanagable size.

Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    I read somewhere that Levrone stopped training to slim down to get more into acting, similar to arnold and hell even the rock.

Makes sense I guess.
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

I think anything between 20-30 lbs above your set point weight is managable as long as you keep proper diet and train just as hard.

I put on 50 lbs in three years and went a year without a cycle and walked around at about 5 lbs less then i was at my max. Iam 212 now
  24. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Thats the whole point, without staying ON you lose that unmanagable size.

Makes sense I guess.
    Yeah, I think Flex said he would run all the time to lose mass. Of course he wasn't going to look like he did in the 90's but he could of maintained a lot of size if he wanted to.

Edit: Also, I think he especially tried to get small for that video so people would stop asking if he's coming back.
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    is this in your experience? how much did you use or reccommend?

gains made while on growth are a lot more manageable, u dont really need to run all that much, all ive ever done is 3 iu for 5 on and 2 off.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. maintaining muscle
    By rawfeels in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 09:34 PM
  2. Maintaining your abs while cycling...
    By pdigs in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 11:04 AM
  3. Maintaining Weight
    By cassiusclay in forum Exercise Science
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 02:59 PM
  4. Maintaining Weight
    By cassiusclay in forum Weight Loss
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 08:31 AM
  5. maintaining your gains