anabolic diet on cycle

namctx

Awards
Im three weeks into my cycle of test e 500mg. bulking yes. This question may be better of in the nutrition or bulking forum but i didn't know if they would have the answer since it has to do with my cycle too... or maybe im an idiot. but anyway my question is would i be better off starting the anabolic diet after my cycle, since it is recomended to start the bulking portion of the diet after about 3 weeks into it, or would I be fine to start it now? Just looking for leaner gains...

EDIT: "better off" as in still bulking and making gains

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
I don't think the anabolic diet is worth it. Why not just carb cycle and go with most/all carbs post workout? Most people (no offense to anyone) that I've seen who have done the anabolic diet for years are at 15-20%+ bodyfat...

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I don't think the anabolic diet is worth it. Why not just carb cycle and go with most/all carbs post workout? Most people (no offense to anyone) that I've seen who have done the anabolic diet for years are at 15-20%+ bodyfat...
Cory Gregory of MusclePharm utilizes the anabolic diet down to *<2% body fat. I'm currently at 8,9,10 percent down from 12-13 on the anabolic diet.

namctx

Awards
Cory Gregory of MusclePharm utilizes the anabolic diet down to *<2% body fat. I'm currently at 8,9,10 percent down from 12-13 on the anabolic diet.
Have you bulked with the diet? how good were your mass gains and fat loss?

Medic

Medic

Awards
I dont know what the diet is exactly, but you said you were bulking so eat up. I see far too many people get FAT while on cycle from making themselves believe they have to force feed and eat everything in site to gain mass. I learned this the hard way and dieting is hell. Generally whatever my protein intake is i try to double in carb intake. Healthy carbs of course (oatmeal, flax bread) etc. Find a calorie calc online and see what calorie amount u need to cut, bulk, maint .... eat generally what the bulk cals say and if you arent gaining add 500 cals to the diet, if you are getting fat drop 500 cals.

namctx

Awards
I dont know what the diet is exactly, but you said you were bulking so eat up. I see far too many people get FAT while on cycle from making themselves believe they have to force feed and eat everything in site to gain mass. I learned this the hard way and dieting is hell. Generally whatever my protein intake is i try to double in carb intake. Healthy carbs of course (oatmeal, flax bread) etc. Find a calorie calc online and see what calorie amount u need to cut, bulk, maint .... eat generally what the bulk cals say and if you arent gaining add 500 cals to the diet, if you are getting fat drop 500 cals.
its a bulking or cuttin diet (which ever you want to do) that is supposed to yield lean gains and fat loss... thats why i was wondering about his mass gains/fat loss

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I say just keep your carbs the same (as in grams ED), but keep them on the low GI end, except for PWO meal/shake. Low carbing just flattens you out. Keep your carbs up and add in CARDIO.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
I'd recommend trying one thing at a time so you know specifically what works for you and what doesn't.

The Anabolic Diet is great for some people, while others do not like it.
The same can be said for many different anabolic compounds.

It would be a shame if you get results and later aren't sure what precisely you can attribute your gains to since you tried multiple new things.

I would agree with those that have advised you to stay on your usual diet plan until you finish your cycle. There will be plenty of time afterwards to check the anabolic diet out.

IMO, the best way to get a feel for what that particular diet does for you is to try it without anything besides food, protein, vitamins and aminos.

It will ultimately be a good experiment for you to compare your results on cycle to your results with the anabolic diet naturally.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
That's one person. I am not saying it doesn't work for anyone; the "inventor" also reported very good results, and I trust him (Maurio DiPasquale I think?), but I don't know that it's a diet that most people can do well on over the long term.

Also, how are you having your body fat tested? My feeling is that most people who feel they are 8-10% are more like 12-14%. At 8-10 your upper and lower abs should be fairly visible with no "flexing" in any light conditions.

By no means do I mean to denigrate the diet or anyone who has done well on it, but I think carb cycling works better for most people. And if you are 8-10%, good job - no need to prove it to me or anything like that. Just expressing my perspective based on what I have seen.

Medic

Medic

Awards
^ I agree, a lot of people think they are lower than they really are. Different things work for different people. The best way to start a cycle is to be lean to begin with. I got my body fat tested twice by 2 different people .... less than 8.1% both times. woot