what happens if u inject into a vein?

pdigs

i injected into my glute today and forgot to pull back a little once i put it in.... anyway, after i pulled the needle out there was a few drops of blood in the tip of the syringe? is that normal or did i inject into a vein? kinda freaked me out

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
i injected into my glute today and forgot to pull back a little once i put it in.... anyway, after i pulled the needle out there was a few drops of blood in the tip of the syringe? is that normal or did i inject into a vein? kinda freaked me out
What were you injecting? Some substances are fine to inject into veins. That's performed often in clinical settings. But if you're injecting oil-based substances, for heaven's sake, be careful.

How could you tell there were drops of blood IN THE TIP of the syringe? To me, the "tip" is the needle and that is opaque.

Your "pull back a little.." is termed "aspirate". So you forgot to aspirate.

And for the sake of you negative rep points, do some research. The questions you ask have already been asked multiple times before. If not on here, GOOGLE. It's worth learning before you start injecting stuff into your body.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could have gone thru a vein and injected still into IM. If you're still alive, you're fine. There's previous posts on this. The danger is getting the oil/carrier into your vein/circulation

Pemmican

Pemmican

Awards
If it was test, you might get test flu for half an hour to an hour, but after that it will go away. If it was synthol, you might not make it back to read this post :toofunny:

pdigs

You could have gone thru a vein and injected still into IM. If you're still alive, you're fine. There's previous posts on this. The danger is getting the oil/carrier into your vein/circulation
if i did just shoot an oil carrier into my vein, would of felt some effect by now

ragnar

ragnar

Awards
If you hit a vein with, say, 1ml of oil, blood flow will carry the oil to the heart. The heart will then pump it to the lungs for gas exchange, but the gas exchange can't happen because the blood has been replaced with oil. The oil will stick in that spot in the lungs, resulting in a hard, nasty cough. In addition, the heart will beat profusely as it tries harder and harder to produce some gas exchange. I know a very reputable source who told me that injecting as little as 3ml this way has resulted in death.

pdigs

If you hit a vein with, say, 1ml of oil, blood flow will carry the oil to the heart. The heart will then pump it to the lungs for gas exchange, but the gas exchange can't happen because the blood has been replaced with oil. The oil will stick in that spot in the lungs, resulting in a hard, nasty cough. In addition, the heart will beat profusely as it tries harder and harder to produce some gas exchange. I know a very reputable source who told me that injecting as little as 3ml this way has resulted in death.
ok, but how long would this of taken?

pdigs

i am flipping out right now. i duno if i need to go to the hospital, im like making myself think my breathing is screwed up

ragnar

ragnar

Awards
ok, but how long would this of taken?
This usually happens within minutes.

BTW, it's not unprecedented for deep muscular injections to produce some small air bubbles and perhaps a tiny spot of blood when injecting. But if you hit a blood vessel, there will be no tiny bubbles and there will be plenty of red stuff.

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
Nice going there buddy. Most people would have done a bit of reading before injecting something into their body. I hope you have health insurance because I'd hate for my tax dollars to pay your hospital bill.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
i am flipping out right now. i duno if i need to go to the hospital, im like making myself think my breathing is screwed up

It would happen within seconds. The fact that you are still here is proof that you are ok. Chill. Your fine. Remember this experience NEXT time you inject.

dice404

Awards
The fact that you were able to post this means you are fine.

EDIT: Damn Redwolf beat me to it

devilsadvo

devilsadvo

Banned
Awards
pdigs is an idiot- he shows this time after time with dumb posts like this

pdigs

listen, i did research i just forgot to aspirate gimme a break please. jesus christ man sometimes its too much. well i guess im still alive.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
I hope you have health insurance because I'd hate for my tax dollars to pay your hospital bill.
I hope he doesn't have health insurance, 'cause he's making my premiums go up, and **** him.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
lay off the guy. he made a mistake, why is it every idiot is worried about their tax dollars paying for his medical bill or premiums going up. Life so easily measured by money to you guys? Get real.

He asked for advice because he was worried about his health/safety. Forgive him for caring about such things... mistakes happen, go get some vagiseal guys and stop thinking your all big and bad because you have always taken gear properly...

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
yeah...that would be unnoticable:lol:

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
ive hit a vein accidently before, and yes it happens, i do multiple shots daily and have been for a while, this goes to show it can happen to any of us. It was 1cc test prop 100mg 1cc tren ace 100mg., everything was normal till 2ish mins after i cleaned up and i got this buggin ass cough and i puked from overheating. i was fine again in like 15 mins but the whole experience was extremely unpleasent. and the worst part was i wasted tren :FUfinger:

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
I've known guys to inject 3ml+ when using older forms of Boldenone that only yielded 50mg/ml.
i bet...i just chukled to myself in my dark twisted mind at your wording! it sounded funny to me..."as little as"! if you manage to get 3ml in a vein you are probably doing the gene pool a favor.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
i bet...i just chukled to myself in my dark twisted mind at your wording! it sounded funny to me..."as little as"! if you manage to get 3ml in a vein you are probably doing the gene pool a favor.
HAHAHA. REPS

ragnar

ragnar

Awards
I feel ya, Ragin! :lol:

I just wanted to underscore, for the sake of some of our less experienced readers, that it doesn't take as much as people may think to mess themselves up. A little fear is a good thing if it leads to careful research--or at least consistent aspirating!

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
. Life so easily measured by money to you guys? Get real.

You might want to say that to yourself kid.

Take a look around, read a paper and watch the news once in a while. It's all about money.

feel free to weigh in on that kind of topic in 15 years when mommy and daddy aren't there to cover your butt anymore sonny.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
lay off the guy. he made a mistake...

He asked for advice because he was worried about his health/safety. Forgive him for caring about such things... mistakes happen, go get some vagiseal guys and stop thinking your all big and bad because you have always taken gear properly...
Read some posts once in a while. He was so worried about his health and safety he wanted to know the correct way to reuse needles so he could save 25 cents.

Bottom line is: The OP is doing things way too quickly. You don't cram overnight and then all of a sudden decide to jump right into AAS.

He is a microcosm of what is wrong with the BB'ing community, and I'm betting so are you if you identify with him so well.

I suggest you lay off of us. Guys like this need to be reminded of how naive they are being before they go out and kill themselves, and give some kids mother another reason to demonize our sport in the media.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Read some posts once in a while. He was so worried about his health and safety he wanted to know the correct way to reuse needles so he could save 25 cents.

Bottom line is: The OP is doing things way too quickly. You don't cram overnight and then all of a sudden decide to jump right into AAS.

He is a microcosm of what is wrong with the BB'ing community, and I'm betting so are you if you identify with him so well.

I suggest you lay off of us. Guys like this need to be reminded of how naive they are being before they go out and kill themselves, and give some kids mother another reason to demonize our sport in the media.

I agree brother, chillax and be more careful read up on more mishaps that can happen.

pdigs

this whole paragraph of bullsht was assumed, it means nothing. you don't know me at all, chill out. stop trying to act like u know what ur talking about and start asking some questions yourself. instead of telling a person who they are, ask them instead

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
this whole paragraph of bullsht was assumed, it means nothing. you don't know me at all, chill out. stop trying to act like u know what ur talking about and start asking some questions yourself. instead of telling a person who they are, ask them instead
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3223611

That's all I need to know.

You started using and then you started asking questions. Silly questions, that you should have known the answer to before you ever stuck a needle into your muscles. That's the wrong order to go about your business chief.

You have been messing with some toxic stuff, some questionably poor produced stuff, and some stuff you don't even know about despite signs of health complications.

You even have a "friend" to pin all the seedier stuff you have been thinking about doing on. (because, well, you couldn't be that naive, could you?)

The last thing I was going to do was encourage neg repping the living snot out of you, but you deserve every hit you get.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

hmm didnt realize it was the same person....anyhow I still stand by my ruling. Someone has to remain the professional. Think a doctor would stand there and call some retarded who was getting ready to die of a self inflicted gun wound, or try and save his life? thought so....

You can rant, I will try to teach.... Better he asks these than not ask at all, and become a statistic. This way, he has learned a rough lesson or two, but will live on, and maybe can influence someone else to not be so naive in starting AAS.....

You are not learning or teaching or leading....so what are you then? ranting or complaining or disassembling.

Mistakes will happen. Hell when I got back into lifting seriously I almost accidentally purchased a PH. Flame me for it or something, wait....at that time I had good people to guide me and teach me....so I learned, and didnt make as many mistakes.

Accept his mistakes, and prevent future ones. Unless you can walk on water, I dont think you are any better than him.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
you have done some dumb things my friend, do not doubt that. What are your stats?

Height:
Lifting experience:
Diet:

dont sink to a level of cussing...you only insult yourself in doing so.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
hmm didnt realize it was the same person....anyhow I still stand by my ruling. Someone has to remain the professional. Think a doctor would stand there and call some retarded who was getting ready to die of a self inflicted gun wound, or try and save his life? thought so....

You can rant, I will try to teach.... Better he asks these than not ask at all, and become a statistic. This way, he has learned a rough lesson or two, but will live on, and maybe can influence someone else to not be so naive in starting AAS.....

You are not learning or teaching or leading....so what are you then? ranting or complaining or disassembling.

Mistakes will happen. Hell when I got back into lifting seriously I almost accidentally purchased a PH. Flame me for it or something, wait....at that time I had good people to guide me and teach me....so I learned, and didnt make as many mistakes.

Accept his mistakes, and prevent future ones. Unless you can walk on water, I dont think you are any better than him.

Don't try to come off like that with me. The truth belies the facts in this case, and you're far from a teacher and nothing else.

You're insinuating that all of your near 1,500 posts since May of this year are substance sans flash?

Seriously?

PDigs was already pointed in the right direction, there was no need for me to do it. Someone made a comment and I responded to it. The "rant" was yours, partly in response to what I had said.

Is your memory that faulty that you don't remember this?

lay off the guy. he made a mistake, why is it every idiot is worried about their tax dollars paying for his medical bill or premiums going up. Life so easily measured by money to you guys? Get real.

Once again, back off. Quit acting like the forum Confucius. Your body of posts are hardly restricted to teaching, learning, or leading.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
you have done some dumb things my friend, do not doubt that. What are your stats?

Height:
Lifting experience:
Diet:

dont sink to a level of cussing...you only insult yourself in doing so.
do you know what a WOT is..pronounced 'watt'

WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!
border lined megawot for that matter...fuk his stats!

pdigs

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3223611

That's all I need to know.

You started using and then you started asking questions. Silly questions, that you should have known the answer to before you ever stuck a needle into your muscles. That's the wrong order to go about your business chief.

You have been messing with some toxic stuff, some questionably poor produced stuff, and some stuff you don't even know about despite signs of health complications.

You even have a "friend" to pin all the seedier stuff you have been thinking about doing on. (because, well, you couldn't be that naive, could you?)

The last thing I was going to do was encourage neg repping the living snot out of you, but you deserve every hit you get.
wow your real quick with your little search button arnt you. look dumbass, this is an internet forum.... unlike most people who create a new username to ask risky questions i dont. i dont care about humility on an internet forum that has no significance to me, big fukin deal. u also dont know if im asking questions for myself, or someone else. u dont know me, u dont know what im doing so the best thing u can do is give a simple answer or not comment at all. so take your "posi" rep points and your cool little attitude the fuk outa here. "324 and bulking" u fatass. your probably some god loving pussy jesus freak as well. fukin figures. goddamn closet hipocrit, why dont u go create a new username to ask all your stupid questions

AudiStrong

Awards
Same thing happned to me today

ive hit a vein accidently before, and yes it happens, i do multiple shots daily and have been for a while, this goes to show it can happen to any of us. It was 1cc test prop 100mg 1cc tren ace 100mg., everything was normal till 2ish mins after i cleaned up and i got this buggin ass cough and i puked from overheating. i was fine again in like 15 mins but the whole experience was extremely unpleasent. and the worst part was i wasted tren :FUfinger:

I used less than a ml of Tren 80 Mg to be exact, and I forgot to aspirate. Within seconds of pulling out the needle I started coughing real bad, sweating, my throat chocked up and I was very light headed, all for about 3- 5 minutes, felt like a lifetime though. How long did it take for you to feel back at 100 %, yoru lungs clearing up?? Because right now, Im feeling a little beat up. Any info would be helpful, I've been looking for someone else that was taking tren that had this happen to them. And did you take another shot after that one? was it completely wasted you think? and did you hit the vein even though you DID aspirate, or did you just forget to aspirate too?Thanks for your help:thumbsup:

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I used less than a ml of Tren 80 Mg to be exact, and I forgot to aspirate. Within seconds of pulling out the needle I started coughing real bad, sweating, my throat chocked up and I was very light headed, all for about 3- 5 minutes, felt like a lifetime though. How long did it take for you to feel back at 100 %, yoru lungs clearing up?? Because right now, Im feeling a little beat up. Any info would be helpful, I've been looking for someone else that was taking tren that had this happen to them. And did you take another shot after that one? was it completely wasted you think? and did you hit the vein even though you DID aspirate, or did you just forget to aspirate too?Thanks for your help:thumbsup:

You probably didn't hit a vein.... You got what is called Tren Cough. There are a few theories on what causes it, but I really don't think anyone knows for sure. Sometimes it just happens. And it really sucks when it does.

AudiStrong

Awards
Thanks Wolf ! I took it again today, no cough. I did alot of research on why the cough takes places and your right, every person says something different. Things from hitting a vein to increased prolactin levels. But what is consistant is that people say the cough is extremely harsh specifically with Tren. I just try and be careful, aspirate, inject slow and keep my fingers crossed it doesnt happen again. I have one quick question, this is my first time to use tren, however I have stacked, deca, sus, winni and test at diffrent times. Im only using 75-80 mg EOD of tren for 7 weeks, from your experiece do you beleave that it is sufficient to see a difference in mass and strength? Im not really looking to get masssive, just a slight gain and a better overall conditioned look. Thanks again

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Well, if your diet is on and depending on your routine, you should get noticeable gains. Hopefully your stacking it with some test. I've never run it solo, and the lowest dose i've run is 50mg/day. At the very least you should notice an increase in strength

hardmscl

Awards
It just happened to me ... after 16 years

After 16 years of injecting, I hit a vein. I foolishly had not aspirated. I started to cough and heat started to pound.
Very scary.. I considered going to the emergency room. But is seems to have passed now. Question: Has this in fact passed?
Any chance of it happening again during he day? What happens to the oil that may have gotten to the lungs?

GotHuge

GotHuge

Awards
After 16 years of injecting, I hit a vein. I foolishly had not aspirated. I started to cough and heat started to pound.
Very scary.. I considered going to the emergency room. But is seems to have passed now. Question: Has this in fact passed?
Any chance of it happening again during he day? What happens to the oil that may have gotten to the lungs?
You are fine. My buddy made a mistake and injected test into a vein. He started sweating, breathing heavy/coughing, and almost fainted... but he went back to normal, just needed time to rest. It can only happen again if you hit another vein. As for your last question, it should have no significance on your lungs, but if you feel skeptical go see a doctor just in case..