needle size

mdtech123

Awards
Its big enough for anything, I used 25g for test enan(it took a while but it worked), I stick to 23g 1 inch for everything.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
You should be able to use a 23 guage for anything....except possibly for some of the crappier UG suspensions...

holy

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of greater importance is needle length.

Gauge simply refers to thickness. You can get it to flow from a 29g insulin syringe, but it wouldn't penetrate deep enough for an IM injection.

For glutes, you'll want 1 1/2".
For elsewhere, like thigh muscle, 1" tends to work fine.

devilsadvo

devilsadvo

Banned
Awards
pdigs is an idiot- be prepared for many dumb threads like this one

devilsadvo

devilsadvo

Banned
Awards
Of greater importance is needle length.

Gauge simply refers to thickness. You can get it to flow from a 29g insulin syringe, but it wouldn't penetrate deep enough for an IM injection.

For glutes, you'll want 1 1/2".
For elsewhere, like thigh muscle, 1" tends to work fine.

you must have a fat AZZ!!

mdtech123

Awards
i've used both 1 and 1.5 for glutes, and 1 inch works just fine unless u have a real fat a**, cause on average you would only go thru about a quarter to a half inch of fat before ur in the muscle.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you must have a fat AZZ!!
1.25" to 1.5" is the standard size for glute injection. I personally prefer the quad because it's easier to see what I'm doing.

You need to have the needle to penetrate deep enough for the 1-3mL's of oil to go only into the muscle. If you go too shallow, oil will accumulate on top of the muscle tissue and not disperse correctly.

You will also do not want to push the needle all the way down. You want to have some extra needle showing when in inject. In the event the needle breaks off the syringe, since there's not a whole lot of surface area keeping that thing attached, it's really convenient to pull it out yourself with a pair of tweezers, instead of dialing 911, to tell them your needle broke while injecting illegal steroids into your ass.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1.25" to 1.5" is the standard size for glute injection. I personally prefer the quad because it's easier to see what I'm doing.

You need to have the needle to penetrate deep enough for the 1-3mL's of oil to go only into the muscle. If you go too shallow, oil will accumulate on top of the muscle tissue and not disperse correctly.

You will also do not want to push the needle all the way down. You want to have some extra needle showing when in inject. In the event the needle breaks off the syringe, since there's not a whole lot of surface area keeping that thing attached, it's really convenient to pull it out yourself with a pair of tweezers, instead of dialing 911, to tell them your needle broke while injecting illegal steroids into your ass.
good points but you cant be so sure with the people that juice nowdays, some are very low bf% and can get away with a 1" pin. I usually go all the way in with the needle anyway, i feel it keeps it from moving around too much and anyway if it breaks off you dont know what youre doing and you dig that sh1t out yourself and suffer the pain if you fcked it up that bad to break the pin. Fck calling 911 in that case.

In the end its always your call on the gauge. If you have gear that wont go thru a 25g then that stuff totally sucks. It will go thru, the question is how long will it take and how patient are you? Im patient and dont want much scar tissue if i can help it so i use 25g. 25g to 23g is a big difference when i look at it. If you are fine with 23g then it should be able to let 98% of gear thru imo.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
good points but you cant be so sure with the people that juice nowdays, some are very low bf% and can get away with a 1" pin. I usually go all the way in with the needle anyway, i feel it keeps it from moving around too much and anyway if it breaks off you dont know what youre doing and you dig that sh1t out yourself and suffer the pain if you fcked it up that bad to break the pin. Fck calling 911 in that case.

In the end its always your call on the gauge. If you have gear that wont go thru a 25g then that stuff totally sucks. It will go thru, the question is how long will it take and how patient are you? Im patient and dont want much scar tissue if i can help it so i use 25g. 25g to 23g is a big difference when i look at it. If you are fine with 23g then it should be able to let 98% of gear thru imo.
LOL, that made me laugh.

My trick has always been to run the vial under hot water for a few minutes. Newtonian fluids lose viscosity (flow a lot easier) when they are heated up. The oil will move a ton faster if you do it this way.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL, that made me laugh.

My trick has always been to run the vial under hot water for a few minutes. Newtonian fluids lose viscosity (flow a lot easier) when they are heated up. The oil will move a ton faster if you do it this way.
i hear this all the time but honestly ive only done it once. I just have a phobia that it will become unsterile. Water is dirty you know? Then again i guess a alcohol swab takes care of that? Anyway i wont be running water under my vial unless it does............totally suck