why do people take ATD?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it competes for the AR? Esp if they are taking a prohormone with ATD. No wonder it lowers libido, your natural testosterone cant even reach the AR.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
If it competes for the AR? Esp if they are taking a prohormone with ATD. No wonder it lowers libido, your natural testosterone cant even reach the AR.
Once again, this was shown in studies providing extremely high doses, nowhere near the doses bodybuilders use. Oh, and it was done in rodents.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Once again, this was shown in studies providing extremely high doses, nowhere near the doses bodybuilders use. Oh, and it was done in rodents.
I see. Still hurts me to take something that could possibly compete for the AR while being on TRT. My goal for the ATD was to free up some bound testosterone and lower some estrogen...i was only going to go with 15mg EOD, so maybe it still will work out.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
I've also said before that I think ATD gets a bad rap because companies were recommending obscene doses of it when it first came out, like 50-75mgs daily. Since it was obliterating estrogen, people ended up losing libido - hence it started getting a bad name because most people didn't understand how it worked.

If you look at any other AI like letro and arimidex, people use low dosing as not to negatively impact libido by completely eliminating estrogen, unless they're combating gyno. In any case, most people recommend conservative dosing schemes.

I think keeping ATD doses around 25 mgs would be the equivalent conservative dose.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea...im just looking for mild estrogen control for TRT purposes...maybe ATD isnt the best bet.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
yea...im just looking for mild estrogen control for TRT purposes...maybe ATD isnt the best bet.
I think 25mg/day would be just fine for that purpose.

Try it out and see how it works for you??

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
your doctor doesnt prescribe you anything for estrogen control? (he wont?)

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He doesnt order estrogen on my bloodwork, so idk if its even high to get a presc. I am not getting anymore bloodwork done so...no. Most doctors dont, anyways.