How to Eat for Size

Jetta

Awards
Wanted to post this since I keep reading threads from 20'somthings who suggest that they can't eat enough. I got
a little carried away yesterday (way beyond my desired calorie intake) but, the point is, it wasn't hard to do.

I cooked a roast beef and ate the whole thing througout the day:

1 Meat Ball Sub - Large (at sons football game)
2 c. oats, 4 scoops whey, 60 grams PB, 2 cups milk
4 roast beef subs (each one: 12" french bread roll, 1 # of roast beef, 1/4 c. Mayo, 2 slices of american Cheese)
2 Apples,
1 Cup of Assorted Nuts
Cream in all Iced Coffee

Fitday has me at about 12k Calories for the whole day. The point is this: don't be afraid to eat!!! You guys who are 185 and want to be 225, you can do it!

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
+1
Damn, you ate 4 lbs of roast beef........?

Jetta

Awards
Yes I did! 4# of roast beef as well as some meatballs and lots of sub rolls. Nuts, cream, pb etc. It was a fantastic feed yesterday!

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Where are you getting your fiber from man? I think your GI tract is gonna hate you if you're not getting the fiber, especially with all that meat and protein. I use Psyllium Husk in water.....might look into some if you need a source.

GET YER #2 ON

-Papa!-

Jetta

Awards
This was just one day of eating. I don't eat like this every day - lol. Even still, I had 2cups of oatmeal and about 48" of French bread in there - that's plenty of fiber. 32 grams in the oatmeal alone.

I just wanted to show how easy it is to get the appropriate calories. I've read and posted in threads where guys are like, " i know I have to eat 4k cal's a day but I just can't do it so I drink shakes instead". hogwash!!! I didn't drink a single shake yesterday and got about 12k calories.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
sometimes the eating isnt the issue, the cost of food is....its a frigging shame....crap food like twinkies are a buck something, but healthy food is overpriced for those who want to live lol.

Jetta

Awards
sometimes the eating isnt the issue, the cost of food is....its a frigging shame....crap food like twinkies are a buck something, but healthy food is overpriced for those who want to live lol.
Well the roast beef was on sale. I got like a 5 pound roast for like $11-. If you look around you can find deals. I tin of oatmeal is like $2-. Good food can be cheap. You can get the oatmeal for about the same as a couple of twinkies; that roast beef = less than the cost of two shakes at the gym. S&S was selling two packs of whole chickens for the price of one - that's 4 chickens for about $5-!!! Bag of Yams = less than $5. You can do it. Just have to put some effort in.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
You only need to eat 20 calories per a pound of body weight to grow on a mild steroid cycle (i.e. any orals).

Eating 12,000 calories a day will get you very fat very fast. Not even the largest competitive bodybuilders eat over 6,000 calories a day!