Injection Question

Darkhorse08

Awards
When injecting today I pulled back on the plunger and blood drew into the syringe. I withdrew but am now wondering if it is ok to inject the gear with small amount of blood in the syringe? Or is this shot wasted?

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Im sure many, many guys will tell you to go ahead and use it...I wouldnt. I have seen two people who were close to me get abcesses, and once you see someone go through it, you'll never take any unneccesery risks.

holy

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When injecting today I pulled back on the plunger and blood drew into the syringe. I withdrew but am now wondering if it is ok to inject the gear with small amount of blood in the syringe? Or is this shot wasted?
I wouldn't use it. It dosen't seem like it would be sterile anymore.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I agree with holy...gear is so cheap why risk it?

I wouldn't use it. It dosen't seem like it would be sterile anymore.

Just to play devil's advocate...how wouldn't it be sterile? It's his blood...

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Just to play devil's advocate...how wouldn't it be sterile? It's his blood...
I think its more the fact that it was sterile up untill he injected, then when it came back out of the skin it was exposed to the air, and now this is some time later that he's asking the question so unless he does injections in a computer mother board clean room, probably would be best just to ditch it.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
But isn't the gear exposed to air anyway? There is air in the vial...

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
I think its more the fact that it was sterile up untill he injected, then when it came back out of the skin it was exposed to the air, and now this is some time later that he's asking the question so unless he does injections in a computer mother board clean room, probably would be best just to ditch it.

the juice never leaves the pin when aspirating, pin is the only thing not sterile. (love your avatar by the way, always makes me laugh) and holy are u saying that the tissue getting into the pin would make it a bad idea to use again? please elaborate, not questioning u, just have had this happen to me once and i just replaced the needle and pinned another spot.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
the juice never leaves the pin when aspirating, pin is the only thing not sterile. (love your avatar by the way, always makes me laugh)
thanks man. I guess i would just rather be safe than sorry.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
the juice never leaves the pin when aspirating, pin is the only thing not sterile. (love your avatar by the way, always makes me laugh) and holy are u saying that the tissue getting into the pin would make it a bad idea to use again? please elaborate, not questioning u, just have had this happen to me once and i just replaced the needle and pinned another spot.
No, the reason I say I wouldnt do it is because Ive seen a few abcesses and I wouldnt want to go through it myself. A buddy of mine who won the State Championship here years ago has a scar on his quad that makes it look like he got bit by a shark from an abcess he had....its nasty. I just would not take any risks I didnt need to, but Im probably TOO cautious.

holy

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
can never be too cautious when stickin needles in your body in the comfort of your "sterile" living room.:D

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
When I was trained in the medics they told us that re-administering the injection after you aspirate blood was fine, so long as you did it straight away.

I was also told you can pull the needle back and aspirate again and if there is no blood you can inject.

elinett7

Awards
As a health care professional, I wouldn't.The previous poster is correct in that once exposed to air, bacteria is present, especially since you have had it sitting for some time. When the needle gets moist, it is a breeding ground for bacteria (alcohol doesn't sterilize, only de-oils the skin to make it semi-clean). You should just draw the gear into a different syringe, or replace the needle if you have that kind. If it happens again, yes, just pull back the needle a bit without removing it from the muscle to get out of the vessel, aspirate, and go from there if your clear.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
As a health care professional, I wouldn't.The previous poster is correct in that once exposed to air, bacteria is present, especially since you have had it sitting for some time. When the needle gets moist, it is a breeding ground for bacteria (alcohol doesn't sterilize, only de-oils the skin to make it semi-clean). You should just draw the gear into a different syringe, or replace the needle if you have that kind. If it happens again, yes, just pull back the needle a bit without removing it from the muscle to get out of the vessel, aspirate, and go from there if your clear.

now that's a perfect explanation. weird though, your first post was medical advice?

wouldn't drawing the ear into a different syringe still pull some of the blood with it that came up into the syringe?

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
now that's a perfect explanation. weird though, your first post was medical advice?

wouldn't drawing the ear into a different syringe still pull some of the blood with it that came up into the syringe?
I think what he means is, if you aspirate blood to withdraw the syringe and change the needle. Then find a new site aspirate again and inject provided you didn't draw blood the second time.

Also blood is sterile, so you need not concern yourself with fears of being contaminated by your own blood.