Myth or Fact?

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
Does drinking Orange Juice on a cycle of "AAS" help to spread(for lack of a better word at this time) the steroid more efficiently or evenly throughout the body?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I doubt it. It won't hurt, but I can't imagine it would specifically help.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does drinking Orange Juice on a cycle of "AAS" help to spread(for lack of a better word at this time) the steroid more efficiently or evenly throughout the body?
not on an injectable but on an oral there is someting about the absorbtion i don't know if i would call it spreading more evenly but orange juice and grape fruit juice is something that was recommended for orals dbol etc in the old days

Machine Mind

Machine Mind

Awards
I think we're talking about citrus juices (esp. grapefruit) blocking Cytochrome P450 (sp?) which will help your oral AAS not get broken down as quickly and stay in sytemic circulation longer.

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
I think we're talking about citrus juices (esp. grapefruit) blocking Cytochrome P450 (sp?) which will help your oral AAS not get broken down as quickly and stay in sytemic circulation longer.

Would this apply(if legitimate) to a PH cycle as well:think:

Machine Mind

Machine Mind

Awards
Would this apply(if legitimate) to a PH cycle as well:think:
Theoretically, yes. But keep in mind it will do it's job of making half-life elimination longer. Take a look at the duration of action of your specific PH/DS and keep in mind that it will be extended when making dosage frequency decisions.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Any scientific studies to back that up? I did a quick pubmed and couldnt find anything.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
futurepilot...

just search either grapefruit or P450 on pubmed and you will see a number of studies about the effects of grapefruit juice on different medications...

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
It's still unclear to me which drugs are impacted by the inhibition of that specific enzyme.

Eyayo

Eyayo

Awards
i dunno about a steroids, but drinkin oj while trippin on E makes u trip harder

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

you are correct in that notion!!!

thats the enzyme in the liver that breaks it down i believe

and orange and apple could inhibit the amount of drug getting into your system

i read a thread on here about it in the supplement/article section

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Grape fruit juice does enhance the effects of medications, certain medications, and that is one of the main reasons why you are told not to take certain meds with grapefruit juice.

Whether or not it does this to orals, I have not researched this action.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
futurepilot...

just search either grapefruit or P450 on pubmed and you will see a number of studies about the effects of grapefruit juice on different medications...
I know that girls cant drink grapefruit while on birth control, but I havent seen anything specifically for AAS.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Search DHB, aka 6',7'-Dihydroxybergamottin and you'll find lots of stuff all over the place

Identification of 6',7'-dihydroxybergamottin, a cytochrome P450 inhibitor, in grapefruit juice

Grape fruit juice-drug interactions. [Pak J Pharm Sci. 2005] - PubMed Result
Grape fruit juice-drug interactions.
Arayne MS, Sultana N, Bibi Z.

Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270. [email protected]

Grapefruit juice can markedly augment oral drug bioavailability was originally based on an unexpected observation from an interaction study between the dihydropyridine calcium channel antagonist, felodipine, and ethanol in which grapefruit juice was used to mask the taste of the ethanol. Subsequent investigations showed that grapefruit juice acted by reducing presystemic felodipine metabolism through selective post-translational down regulation of cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP3A4) expression in the intestinal wall. Since the duration of effect of grapefruit juice can last 24h, repeated juice consumption can result in a cumulative increase in felodipine AUC and C(max). Clinically relevant interactions seem likely for most dihydropyridines, terfenadine, saquinavir, cyclosporin, midazolam, triazolam and verapamil and may also occur with lovastatin, cisapride and astemizole (Guo et al., 2000). The high variability of the magnitude of effect among individuals appeared dependent upon inherent differences in enteric CYP3A4 protein expression such that individuals with highest baseline CYP3A4 had the highest proportional increase. At least 20 other drugs have been assessed for an interaction with grapefruit juice metabolism mediated by CYP3A4 appear affected by grapefruit juice. Clinically relevant interactions seem likely for most dihydropyridines, terfenadine, saquinavir, cyclosporin, midazolam, triazolam and verapamil and may also occur with lovastatin, cisapride and astemizole. The importance of these interactions appears to be influenced by individual patient susceptibility, type and amount of grapefruit juice and administration-related factors. Although in vitro findings support the flavonoid, naringin, or the furanocoumarin, 6', 7'-dihydroxybergamottin, as being active ingredients. A recent investigation indicated that neither of these substances made a major contribution to grapefruit juice-drug interactions in humans (Guo et al., 2000).

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is nothing new and is in a few products that you most of you are aware of. AX Trisorbagen and ALRI Restore come to mind.

Machine Mind

Machine Mind

Awards
Thanks for the backup stxnas, repped. It's so much more credible when you have a study instead of the word of some random joe (me), LOL.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not a problem Machine Mind!

On a side note, I see you are at 190. That's my "Eleanor" (Gone in 60 Seconds reference). I've yet to make it past 190 :frustrate

Machine Mind

Machine Mind

Awards
Not a problem Machine Mind!

On a side note, I see you are at 190. That's my "Eleanor" (Gone in 60 Seconds reference). I've yet to make it past 190 :frustrate
It's my Eleanor too man...at least at a respectable bodyfat (been up to 202 but poor conditioning from the "see food diet"). :D

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had some abs at 190 and I was on the same diet...I just couldn't make it to 191, though. That's still not bad for a guy who was 5'8 and 115 in 9th grade though (still 5'8 now though :( )

I ****ed up my back since then though and I'm miserable when I'm heavier. I'm shooting for more of a ripped look now...we'll see what happens...

...anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread :run: