1st PH Cycle

Dens228

Awards
I'm about to start my first PH cycle and am looking for some feedback. I've been reading up for several weeks.

My background is, 44 years old, 5-09, 230 lbs, lifting non-stop since 14 years old. Played some D1 college football, competed at a fairly high level in powerlifting until I switched to a bodybuilding workout this January. I'm currently training DC style. Three times a week, high intensity. Cardio in the morning three other days a week.

I did two short cycles of AAS back in the mid 80's, nothing of that nature since.

I'm looking to do a 4 week Epistane cycle, starting this Sunday.
I've been using Cycle Support, already use fish oil, Beta Alanine, cissus for joints, etc and get in about 350 grams of protein a day.

On to the cycle:

Week one, 10 mg for day 1, 20 mg day 2, 30 mg day 3 and the rest of the week.

Week two, 30 mg/day
Week three, 30 mg/day
Week four, 30 mg/day, maybe bump to 40 mg day.

I'm also toying with going to 40 mg/day on weeks 3 and 4.

DHEA throughout at 100 mg/day

PCT
I have Nolva and would do 20/20/10/10 if needed, otherwise I'm looking at PCS at four capsules per day, 2 in the morning, 2 in the evening. My support supps would remain the same.

Should I keep with the DHEA, maybe lower it throughout PCT,
100/75/50/25?

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
I'm about to start my first PH cycle and am looking for some feedback. I've been reading up for several weeks.

My background is, 44 years old, 5-09, 230 lbs, lifting non-stop since 14 years old. Played some D1 college football, competed at a fairly high level in powerlifting until I switched to a bodybuilding workout this January. I'm currently training DC style. Three times a week, high intensity. Cardio in the morning three other days a week.

I did two short cycles of AAS back in the mid 80's, nothing of that nature since.

I'm looking to do a 4 week Epistane cycle, starting this Sunday.
I've been using Cycle Support, already use fish oil, Beta Alanine, cissus for joints, etc and get in about 350 grams of protein a day.

On to the cycle:

Week one, 10 mg for day 1, 20 mg day 2, 30 mg day 3 and the rest of the week.

Week two, 30 mg/day
Week three, 30 mg/day
Week four, 30 mg/day, maybe bump to 40 mg day.

I'm also toying with going to 40 mg/day on weeks 3 and 4.

DHEA throughout at 100 mg/day

PCT
I have Nolva and would do 20/20/10/10 if needed, otherwise I'm looking at PCS at four capsules per day, 2 in the morning, 2 in the evening. My support supps would remain the same.

Should I keep with the DHEA, maybe lower it throughout PCT,
100/75/50/25?

Everything looks good:clap2:

I would keep the DHEA the same throughout

It shouldn't have any negative effect on you(specially since your over 40.....no offense intended).

Supposedly, it helps with lethargy as well.

Good luck

Dens228

Awards
Thanks for the input. No offense taken. I've taken DHEA off and on for the past few months and do notice a difference.

I put it in this plan to combat lethargy even though it may not occur I'd rather beat it to the punch. Since DHEA is so cheap I may as well include it from the start.

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the input. No offense taken. I've taken DHEA off and on for the past few months and do notice a difference.

I put it in this plan to combat lethargy even though it may not occur I'd rather beat it to the punch. Since DHEA is so cheap I may as well include it from the start.

:thumbsup:

:dance:

Dens228

Awards
I thought I'd update this and had a quick question.

I started the cycle Sunday morning, 09/21 with 10 mg, I actually weighed in at 225. I took 20 mg, split, on Monday, and have been on 30 mg/day since. Diet, training, cardio is exactly the same as prior to starting. This morning I'm up to 231. Strength is hard to gauge right now as I won't hit the same exercises until every other week.

My original thought was to bump to 40 mg/day starting the third week, but now I think if I keep gaining I'm just going to keep it at 30/day at least until week four. Or should I bump it up anyway as long as the sides aren't bad. Right now there aren't any but I didn't expect any this soon. But I also didn't expect to put on 6 pounds in the first five days either!

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
I thought I'd update this and had a quick question.

I started the cycle Sunday morning, 09/21 with 10 mg, I actually weighed in at 225. I took 20 mg, split, on Monday, and have been on 30 mg/day since. Diet, training, cardio is exactly the same as prior to starting. This morning I'm up to 231. Strength is hard to gauge right now as I won't hit the same exercises until every other week.

My original thought was to bump to 40 mg/day starting the third week, but now I think if I keep gaining I'm just going to keep it at 30/day at least until week four. Or should I bump it up anyway as long as the sides aren't bad. Right now there aren't any but I didn't expect any this soon. But I also didn't expect to put on 6 pounds in the first five days either!

Wow.....6 pounds in the first week...thats pretty stellar.
I would play it by ear on the dosage. Make a decision when the time gets closer. Sounds like going to 30 will be plenty for you....only time will tell.
30 mgs. seems to be the "sweet spot" for ED cycles anyway(pulse maybe not).
IMO you are probably going to want to use that Nolva. 20,20,10,10 should safice.

Good Luck

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
with any anabolic, less is more. if you can gain off taking less, expect to save money in your cycle. expect to take longer to build a tolerance (you can cycle more often with less), expect to not totally jack your blood lipids or triglycerides. the less you take and get an effect from is the best dose. always.

you'll also make your PCT so much easier if your test isn't totally shot - or your cholesterol isn't in the single digits.

my advice is stick with what works. if you don't increase in strength, or stop gaining, then bump it up. you might be able to gain at 30/day for your whole cycle. if thats the case, you're a lucky SOB - but not unheard of. listen to your body, and do what makes sense.

Dens228

Awards
Sounds good. I ramped up to 30 mgs by day three. I'll keep it there and see how it goes.

Dens228

Awards
Man, I've been at 40 mg/day since Oct 1st. My weight is up to 234 but my waist is down about an inch despite eating alot.
Strength is going up nicely. My cycle ends this coming Wednesday.

No visible sides at all until today unless it's coincidence.

I coach youth football and was on my feet for about four hours, jeeze is my lower back cramped. This is the first time it's felt this way and it is tight and staying that way!

Wednesday starts the Nolva and PCS for the next four weeks.

All in all a good cycle.

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
Man, I've been at 40 mg/day since Oct 1st. My weight is up to 234 but my waist is down about an inch despite eating alot.
Strength is going up nicely. My cycle ends this coming Wednesday.

No visible sides at all until today unless it's coincidence.

I coach youth football and was on my feet for about four hours, jeeze is my lower back cramped. This is the first time it's felt this way and it is tight and staying that way!

Wednesday starts the Nolva and PCS for the next four weeks.

All in all a good cycle.

Are you taking Taurine for back pumps!!

cjfight

Awards
DHEA helps quite a bit for lethargy?

SWEET! I have a full bottle and I'm about to start an Epi/Mdrol bridge and will surely get lethargic.

Dens228

Awards
I don't know if the DHEA is the reason I avoided it but I haven't experienced any at all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 2
Gothat3rs Post Cycle Therapy 21
Anabolics 12
Anabolics 11
Anabolics 19