testosterone short cycles

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
found this interesting study where we can see that even with a long ester test and a very short time period gains can be made(in a safe manner):
The effect of short-term use of testosterone enanthate on muscular strength and power in healthy young malesShane Rogerson, Southern Cross University
Robert P. Weatherby, Southern Cross University
Glen B. Deakin, James Cook University
Rudi A. Meir, Southern Cross University
Rosanne A. Coutts, Southern Cross University
Shi Zhou, Southern Cross University
Sonya M. Marshall-Gradisnik, Southern Cross University

Abstract
Use of testosterone enanthate has been shown to significantly increase strength within 6–12 weeks of administration (2, 9), however, it is unclear if the ergogenic benefits are evident in less than 6 weeks. Testosterone enanthate is classified as a prohibited substance by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and its use may be detected by way of the urinary testosterone/epitestosterone (T/E) ratio (16). The two objectives of this study were to establish (a) if injection of 3.5 mg·kg−1 testosterone enanthate once per week could increase muscular strength and cycle sprint performance in 3–6 weeks; and (b) if the WADA-imposed urinary T/E ratio of 4:1 could identify all subjects being administered 3.5 mg·kg−1 testosterone enanthate. Sixteen healthy young men were match-paired and were assigned randomly in a double-blind manner to either a testosterone enanthate or a placebo group. All subjects performed a structured heavy resistance training program while receiving either testosterone enanthate (3.5 mg·kg−1) or saline injections once weekly for 6 weeks. One repetition maximum (1RM) strength measures and 10-second cycle sprint performance were monitored at the pre (week 0), mid (week 3), and post (week 6) time points. Body mass and the urinary T/E ratio were measured at the pre (week 0) and post (week 6) time points. When compared with baseline (pre), 1RM bench press strength and total work during the cycle sprint increased significantly at week 3 (p < 0.01) and week 6 (p < 0.01) in the testosterone enanthate group, but not in the placebo group. Body mass at week 6 was significantly greater than at baseline in the testosterone enanthate group (p < 0.01), but not in the placebo group. Despite the clear ergogenic effects of testosterone enanthate in as little as 3 weeks, 4 of the 9 subjects in the testosterone enanthate group (44%) did not test positive to testosterone under current WADA urinary T/E ratio criteria.
The effect of short-term use of testosterone enanthate on muscular strength and power in healthy young males
guys if your objective is GOOD GAINS AND LOW SIDES this is the way to go

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
found this interesting study where we can see that even with a long ester test and a very short time period gains can be made(in a safe manner):
The effect of short-term use of testosterone enanthate on muscular strength and power in healthy young malesShane Rogerson, Southern Cross University
Robert P. Weatherby, Southern Cross University
Glen B. Deakin, James Cook University
Rudi A. Meir, Southern Cross University
Rosanne A. Coutts, Southern Cross University
Shi Zhou, Southern Cross University
Sonya M. Marshall-Gradisnik, Southern Cross University

Abstract
Use of testosterone enanthate has been shown to significantly increase strength within 6–12 weeks of administration (2, 9), however, it is unclear if the ergogenic benefits are evident in less than 6 weeks. Testosterone enanthate is classified as a prohibited substance by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and its use may be detected by way of the urinary testosterone/epitestosterone (T/E) ratio (16). The two objectives of this study were to establish (a) if injection of 3.5 mg·kg−1 testosterone enanthate once per week could increase muscular strength and cycle sprint performance in 3–6 weeks; and (b) if the WADA-imposed urinary T/E ratio of 4:1 could identify all subjects being administered 3.5 mg·kg−1 testosterone enanthate. Sixteen healthy young men were match-paired and were assigned randomly in a double-blind manner to either a testosterone enanthate or a placebo group. All subjects performed a structured heavy resistance training program while receiving either testosterone enanthate (3.5 mg·kg−1) or saline injections once weekly for 6 weeks. One repetition maximum (1RM) strength measures and 10-second cycle sprint performance were monitored at the pre (week 0), mid (week 3), and post (week 6) time points. Body mass and the urinary T/E ratio were measured at the pre (week 0) and post (week 6) time points. When compared with baseline (pre), 1RM bench press strength and total work during the cycle sprint increased significantly at week 3 (p < 0.01) and week 6 (p < 0.01) in the testosterone enanthate group, but not in the placebo group. Body mass at week 6 was significantly greater than at baseline in the testosterone enanthate group (p < 0.01), but not in the placebo group. Despite the clear ergogenic effects of testosterone enanthate in as little as 3 weeks, 4 of the 9 subjects in the testosterone enanthate group (44%) did not test positive to testosterone under current WADA urinary T/E ratio criteria.
The effect of short-term use of testosterone enanthate on muscular strength and power in healthy young males
guys if your objective is GOOD GAINS AND LOW SIDES this is the way to go

now that is a very nice article interesting idea too.....lower sides, still getting gains, and wasnt detected.

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I wonder what a logical PCT would be?

Week 1-6 300-500 mg Test E (depending on body weight)
Week 7-9 SERM
Week 10-16 300-500 mg Test E

Repeat?

3.5 mg / kg of Test is about 300 mg for a 200 pounder.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
There are some older threads about this. Try doing a search by board members names using the name Size.

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
i have heard about d-bol only shorties. but the ideal test to use would be prop.

e.g

W-1-6 100mgs prop eod
W-1-3 50mgs dbol ed
w-3-6 100mgs tren a eod

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it doesnt say how much the strength or muscle increased... interesting but i would use prop ester.

xtgear

xtgear

Awards
it doesnt say how much the strength or muscle increased... interesting but i would use prop ester.
I agree that prop is better but as an example the study was a very nice read, for the recreational bodybuilder this is very good to know:clap2:

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I agree that prop is better but as an example the study was a very nice read, for the recreational bodybuilder this is very good to know:clap2:
the main objective was inform about this kind of cycles cause sometimes we see some guys saying that short cycles are a waste of time and money, I don't think that way, short cycles are the safest way to cycle .
I agree that short esters are much better for this kind of cycles , but I got to say I was surprised that a low dose long ester may also be effective in the short run , we must remember that some guys don't like to pin and with 250 mg enanthate /week only 1 shot is needed