YAY for infection

04svtspray

04svtspray

Awards
So on sunday did a quad shot, 1.5cc of test e. Now three days before that I was coming down with a nasty cough and running/stuffy nose. Quads used to be a easy spot for injection but this time I knew something was wrong. I had the needle on the skin and pushing down slowly, ( i dont like pressing hard incase I hit something) well the needle wouldnt budge at all. I went down about an inch and inserted it again and this time it took some strength to break the skin. Anyways finally got it in and injected SLOWLY and so forth. Now i swabbed the area good and the viral too. I dont no what really caused the infection but to make it short, went to the doctor today because I can barely walk and they did a blood test and examined my quad and she said it was infected:hammer: So she wrote me a script for antibiotics and hopefully I will be good to go. I had to pay it out of pocket because I didnt want my insurance company to know.:sad:

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
So on sunday did a quad shot, 1.5cc of test e. Now three days before that I was coming down with a nasty cough and running/stuffy nose. Quads used to be a easy spot for injection but this time I knew something was wrong. I had the needle on the skin and pushing down slowly, ( i dont like pressing hard incase I hit something) well the needle wouldnt budge at all. I went down about an inch and inserted it again and this time it took some strength to break the skin. Anyways finally got it in and injected SLOWLY and so forth. Now i swabbed the area good and the viral too. I dont no what really caused the infection but to make it short, went to the doctor today because I can barely walk and they did a blood test and examined my quad and she said it was infected:hammer: So she wrote me a script for antibiotics and hopefully I will be good to go. I had to pay it out of pocket because I didnt want my insurance company to know.:sad:

Why not the buttocks...like Forrest G. said "its the million dollar wounded, but you wouldn't you know I haven't seen a penny of that money yet":toofunny:

Sorry to hear that bro....never heard of that happening before,sterile needle and clean suface and all

Good Luck

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
how much was it for all of that out of pocket? infection is something that really worries me :sick:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What was the diagnosis, cellulitis or abscess?

Sorry to hear about this bud. What antibiotic did you get?

04svtspray

04svtspray

Awards
What was the diagnosis, cellulitis or abscess?

Sorry to hear about this bud. What antibiotic did you get?
Cellulitis, she prescribed me some clevar or something I'm not at home with the bottle. Maybe it started with a K?? Anyways I have to pay it tomorrow, because the clerk at the payment desk left early. She said it would be around 200.00

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
Cellulitis, she prescribed me some clevar or something I'm not at home with the bottle. Maybe it started with a K?? Anyways I have to pay it tomorrow, because the clerk at the payment desk left early. She said it would be around 200.00

OUCH:aargh: 200.00

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
Just tell them you were doing B12 injections or something. Then again, self-administering injectable anything outside the auspice of doctor advice probably doesn't sound good nonetheless.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just tell them you were doing B12 injections or something. Then again, self-administering injectable anything outside the auspice of doctor advice probably doesn't sound good nonetheless.
it could be hard to pass off stories like that when you're totally built, i wouldn't bother, doctors do their jobs

04svtspray

04svtspray

Awards
it could be hard to pass off stories like that when you're totally built, i wouldn't bother, doctors do their jobs

I told her what it was, she was cool about it and did everything thing she could to help me.:clap2:

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Probably gave you Keflex. Strong anti-biotic. You can actually get it from pet stores if you know what you are looking for....

I have a bottle from of them from a softball wound (sliding on gravel).

Sucks that you got infected though. $200 is cheap if it goes away.