Supp to reduce BP, with pubmed paper

hyper24

hyper24

Awards
Just thought id share this find, if its been posted before sorry.
Natural antioxidants from tomato extract reduce bl...[Am Heart J. 2006] - PubMed Result

extract
"then an 8-week treatment period with tomato extract, 250 mg Lyc-O-Mato, and a 4-week control period with placebo. RESULTS: Systolic blood pressure decreased from 144 (SE +/- 1.1) to 134 mm Hg (SE +/- 2, P < .001), and diastolic blood pressure decreased from 87.4 (SE +/- 1.2) to 83.4 mm Hg (SE +/- 1.2, P < .05)."

Lyc-O-Mato is a brand name incase your wondering.

hyper24

hyper24

Awards
I did a year of chem at uni (realized it wasn't for me and changed course), so Ill try my best to interpret...

It says after 8 weeks of 30mg/day of lycopene which is the supp extract from tomato, IGFBP-1 was increased significantly, IGFBP-2 where higher but not as much as IGFBP-1.
But IGF-I, IGF-II, and IGFBP-3 were not significantly increased.

If IGFBP-1 has an effect for us then this supp might be a double whammer, lowers blood pressure significantly and helps muscle building. Either way im getting this stuff just for the blood pressure as hawthorn berries seem like a crock of **** (the two papers ive read showed hawthorn berries didnt affect blood pressure after 8 weeks)