Friend is planning to NEVER cycle off steroids. wtf?

pdigs

Recently my friend staring cycling steroids and has gained alot of weight. he started with sustaton 375, then enanthate, now hes doing deca with tren. all these cycles are one after another. anyway...he says other guys in the gym (who he gets the juice from, and theyre bodybuilders as well)... they told him "its alright to never come off the juice as long as u keep switching to something different"
what do u guys think of this? what are the negative effects this could have on him?

Prometherion

Prometherion

Awards
Well, he'll be on steroids forever whether he wants to or not. HRT is in his future.

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
BYE,BYE LIVER:nutkick:

NOT A GOOD IDEA:nono:

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
HRT is in his future.
Precisely. He stands to permanently destroy his endocrine system. The plus side is he won't be able to breed.

I cant believe people still do this... this was common back in the day but it was achieved by running small, daily doses of dbol... not by simply switching compounds.

lol bloodwork or ban! :lol:

Prometherion

Prometherion

Awards
I cant believe people still do this... this was common back in the day but it was achieved by running small, daily doses of dbol... not by simply switching compounds.

x2

There is really no good reason to do this. From what I have seen, these people end up really regretting staying on. Usually, it's more sides and less gains.

Now if he is thinking of "cruising" that may be a different story. Either way, from what I gather from this guy he should NOT stay on.

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
Precisely. He stands to permanently destroy his endocrine system. The plus side is he won't be able to breed.

The plus side is he won't be able to breed:lol:

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
There are lots of health complications associated with NEVER coming off....HRT may be the least of his worries down the road.

holy

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Well, he'll be on steroids forever whether he wants to or not. HRT is in his future.

Dudes running deca and tren (without test) after test cycle. I would say HRT is inevitable even if he does come off.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
If his liver can take it, his endocrine system will not. He can also look forward to a lifetime (albeit a short one) of complications ranging from Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy to liver cancer.

He will also be the poster boy for new and harsher AAS legislation.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First I want to question how long are these cycles that he's done one after the other 2nd how long have these dudes who gave him the advice been on? The reason i'm asking this is because i've seen alot of people say they are going to stay on "forever" and it doesn't happen. Pinning becomes a chore, financial burden, etc etc, I mean i've known people who have done looong cycles i mean 12mo+ but they are also running "maintenance" doses. I dont' recommend this either. Also is he trying to be a PRO is this his life? Or his he just overly excited by the initial gains? Because alot of people aren't as enthusiastic after the gains slow and trust me they will slow especially if being on for long periods

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
your friend is in for a very expensive habit and not just financial but on his liver too....

he will ruin his health if he does not take time off gear

04svtspray

04svtspray

Awards
I was wondering about some stuff too, I caught the competing bug and placed pretty good at my last show. I would love to keep doing what I'm doing and maybe down the road TRY to achieve a pro card. What do amatuer bodybuilders do regarding staying on cycle all year? Do they run a low dose of test all year and every couple months use a compound like tren or EQ? I know many of them do not cycle off so what do they do??

MuscleMadness

MuscleMadness

Awards
Staying "on" for a long period of time, even at maintenance doses, just doesn't make any sense. If the level of test your using is even a little bit more then normal levels, (which they have to be to actually work!) then test shutdown will happen either way, your body adapts to to situations. You lift heavy weights, eat protein, your body adapts to it by getting bigger and stronger. Same goes for the endocrine system with test. You put it in there, your body doesn't need to make it. Not only will test levels decrease, but so will FSH and LH from the anterior pituitary, and that is something you do not want to mess with as it will stop spermatogenesis, soo don't plan on having kids in your lifetime if you plan on a loooong cycle. Growth of cardiac and smooth muscle, increases risk for a heart attacks greatly as well...

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If people think someone doing something like this is a rare occurrence your being naive.

There are thousands of people out there who never come off steroids. Is it healthy? Probably not. Especially not blasting all the time like it sounds like this guy is doing.

For instance:

Are the cardiac effects of anabolic steroid abuse in strength athletes reversible?

A Urhausen, T Albers, W Kindermann
Institute of Sports and Preventive Medicine, University of Saarland Saarbruecken, Germany

Correspondence to:
Correspondence to:
Dr Urhausen Axel
Institute of Sports and Preventive Medicine, University of Saarland, 66041 Saarbruecken, Germany; [email protected]

Objective: To investigate the reversibility of adverse cardiovascular effects after chronic abuse of anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) in athletes.

Methods: Doppler echocardiography and cycle ergometry including measurements of blood pressure at rest and during exercise were undertaken in 32 bodybuilders or powerlifters, including 15 athletes who had not been taking AAS for at least 12 months (ex-users) and 17 currently abusing AAS (users), as well as in 15 anabolic-free weightlifters.

Results: Systolic blood pressure was higher in users (mean (SD) 140 (10) mm Hg) than in ex-users (130 (5) mm Hg) (p < 0.05) or weightlifters (125 (10) mm Hg; p < 0.001). Left ventricular muscle mass related to fat-free body mass and the ratio of mean left ventricular wall thickness to internal diameter were not significantly higher in users (3.32 (0.48) g/kg and 42.1 (4.4)%) than in ex-users (3.16 (0.53) g/kg and 40.3 (3.8)%), but were lower in weightlifters (2.43 (0.26) g/kg and 36.5 (4.0)%; p < 0.001). Left ventricular wall thickness related to fat-free body mass was also lower in weightlifters, but did not differ between users and ex-users. Left ventricular wall thickness was correlated with a point score estimating AAS abuse in users (r = 0.49, p < 0.05). In all groups, systolic left ventricular function was within the normal range. The maximum late transmitral Doppler flow velocity (Amax) was higher in users (61 (12) cm/s) and ex-users (60 (12) cm/s) than in weightlifters (50 (9) cm/s; p < 0.05 and p = 0.054).

Conclusions: Several years after discontinuation of anabolic steroid abuse, strength athletes still show a slight concentric left ventricular hypertrophy in comparison with AAS-free strength athletes.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
unless your planning a career in profess. bodybuilding IMO it's retarded, but many people do stay on

in order to keep it relatively safe tho you have to incorporate "cruise" cycles, where you drop down to HRT test doses for time periods equal to a typical PCT and time off

and not sure where people are getting the idea that you can't reproduce on steroids, but thats completely false as well