Missing the "sweet spot" during injection

asavage24

Awards
Just out of curiosity, what happens if you miss the muscle designated for the injection (i.e. thigh injections). my legs are not that defined and i dont want to hit the wrong muscle. any advice?

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Just out of curiosity, what happens if you miss the muscle designated for the injection (i.e. thigh injections). my legs are not that defined and i dont want to hit the wrong muscle. any advice?
What length pins are you using? Unless you have incredibly fatty legs you're probably going to get it into the muscle.

asavage24

Awards
im using 1 inch pins. im not really worried about getting deep enough. my main concern is locating the correct muscle in my thigh. i dont want to inject myself in between two muscle groups or end up injecting into the wrong thigh muscle.

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
1. Make sure you dont hit a blood vessal...so always back pull on the pin

2. The quad isnt very hard to find...Flex then feel for the muscle mentaly mark the location and relax it and stick.

3. If you miss a muscle and it goes into fat. It will take longer to reach the blood stream.. This is not Ideal but is also not the end of the world.