workout during cycle, advise if possible

adampl2t

adampl2t

Awards
One quick question: I'm starting my first cycle on monday and was thinking, is the workout routine maybe too light? I had to change my workout completely because body got used to the old ones.
My workout routine at the moment: 12 Week Bodybuilding / Strength Training Workout Program I'm finishing the first 3 week program and would have to say that body takes it quite well again. But I worry, if I should push my body harder than this routine suggests, during cycle? Thanks.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
We have had this discussion on here before, and opinions were somewhat varied....It is my opinion that you should crank it up a notch to take full advantage of the added recovery abilities. You have to give your body a reason to grow. If you give your body the same stimulus all the time, there is no reason for it to respond by getting bigger and stronger...

holy

adampl2t

adampl2t

Awards
We have had this discussion on here before, and opinions were somewhat varied....It is my opinion that you should crank it up a notch to take full advantage of the added recovery abilities. You have to give your body a reason to grow. If you give your body the same stimulus all the time, there is no reason for it to respond by getting bigger and stronger...

holy

Yes, I raised this question once in the past. After that I chose this 12 week routine. I could say that I got the answer from You, so I don't mind if moderators will delete this thread. Thank you.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established

holy

Agree. Up volume and intensity, but keep it sensible, dont go doubling everything up because you think you will recover in 3 minutes!

Holy what do you think of DC training on or off cycle?

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
You know, Im still a little unsure how I feel about the DC program...I have tried it more than once, and I like the short intense workouts, but I have two problems with the program in general, and to be honest, I guess they arent really problems with the program...First off, its virtually impossible to do alone. I work PT in a gym that a friend of mine owns, and I can tell you that the vast majority of people work out alone. Secondly, you will always fail mentally before you do physically and I just dont think most people are mentally strong enough to push through the barriers in this program. It clearly is an effective program if you're mentally strong enough....I think guys like Justin Harris and Steve Kucklo though are not representative of most trainees. I personally have a hard time doing it myself now because I have a few injuries I train around...

What are your thoughts?

holy

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
You know, Im still a little unsure how I feel about the DC program...I have tried it more than once, and I like the short intense workouts, but I have two problems with the program in general, and to be honest, I guess they arent really problems with the program...First off, its virtually impossible to do alone. I work PT in a gym that a friend of mine owns, and I can tell you that the vast majority of people work out alone. Secondly, you will always fail mentally before you do physically and I just dont think most people are mentally strong enough to push through the barriers in this program. It clearly is an effective program if you're mentally strong enough....I think guys like Justin Harris and Steve Kucklo though are not representative of most trainees. I personally have a hard time doing it myself now because I have a few injuries I train around...

What are your thoughts?

holy
Well I strongly agree, you cant do this without a training partner, and at the moment I'm working out alone. Can't really ask someone to spot you for every set, ask them to wait whilst you pause!

I'm interested, but never tried it. I may give it a go when I'm back to training with the guy I usually train with. I also agree, I think you will need to be really fired up for every workout to make it efficient, or you will fail mentally.

Whatever I have tried in the past, I always tend to go back to a 5 day split, just mixing up exercises and order etc, but reading over at intensemuscle guys who do it really love it and swear by it with passion, which intrigues me.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I go over there sometimes just to read the threads on it...It intrigues the hell outta me too...LOL....Like I said Ive tried it before, but it just takes a person cut from a certain cloth to really be able to succeed, I think. Its funny though because my best friend is an IFBB Pro, and he would lose his mind if I suggested we try that...Hes cut and dry two on, one off.....

holy