HGH and IGF1 - AnabolicMinds.com

HGH and IGF1

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

HGH and IGF1

I was wondering if when taking hgh or igf1 by injection if it shuts down your bodys own natual suply of hgh the same way that steroids shut down your bodys natural test?

MOD EDIT: Before wondering about the rules, maybe you should read them first. Last warning.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.

nope
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

I guess that crap they say in "powerfulls" profile is garbage then about it being better then hgh since it dos not shut you down like the real stuff.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mooch2321 View Post
    nope

This is wrong. If you don't know the answer to the question please don't answer it.

Effect of chronic treatment with biosynthetic growth hormone (GH) on the GH response to double GH releasing hormone administration in children with short stature.
    Author
    Scacchi M; Danesi L; Pincelli AI; Dubini A; Cavagnini F
    Address
    Cattedra di Endocrinologia II, Universit`a di Milano, Istituto Scientifico Ospedale San Luca, Italy.
    Source
    J Endocrinol Invest, 20(2):72 6 1997 Feb

Abstract
    Growth hormone (GH) exerts a negative feedback on its own secretion through direct and indirect mechanisms. Normal children, unlike adults, display consecutive GH responses after repeated GH releasing hormone (GHRH) administration. In this study, we investigated the effects of long term GH administration on this peculiar secretory pattern. Eight children with severe short stature and impaired GH responses to suprapituitary provocative stimuli associated with normal GH responsiveness to GHRH, underwent, while on chronic treatment with biosynthetic GH and on the 10th day following drug withdrawal, a double bolus GHRH test (two GHRH injections of 1 microg/kg b.w. given as i.v. boluses two hours apart). During GH therapy the GH response to the first GHRH bolus appeared to be reduced, though not significantly so, compared to that observed at diagnosis; after treatment withdrawal, this response returned quite similar to pretreatment. Both during and after treatment, the GH response to the second GHRH bolus was comparable for magnitude to that evoked by the first application. In conclusion, even prolonged treatments with rhGH do not induce persisting alterations of the physiological mechanisms subserving GH regulation.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Regardless of the OP's mistake, he does have a point. I've just been reading the ad for PowerFull too and it does say that any HGH supplementation will shut down your natural supply.

I don't know from "eight children with severe short stature and impaired GH responses", but I'd be more willing to accept this study if it was done on normal adults.

I love USPLabs, but this question needs answering.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Look at all the info posted in the IGF/HGH forum about GHRH's and GHRP's...there is most definitely a negative feedback loop for IGF/Growth.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 04:29 PM
  2. LR3 IGF1
    By buildingmuscle in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 09:25 PM
  3. MR IGF1-LR3
    By DarkAngel in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-23-2005, 05:33 PM