Epistane and Rapid Fat Gain/Bloating?

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
Hey guys,

I'm a couple weeks into a short epistane cycle. The first 2 weeks or so were great, great increase in strength, rapid fat loss, improved muscle size and definition. However, at 30 mg's a day, it was making me relatively uncomfortable, sweating, increased heart rate, insomnia. So I began reducing the dosage to 25 mg, then 20 mg over the past few days. Then I began to notice some really strange side effects. Mostly bloating and abdominal discomfort. Like being full all the time. Then I began to notice that it seemed like I was putting on weight very very quickly, especially on my stomach and waist. I can't think of a reason why this should be happening. My calories have been substantially below maintenance this entire time, and I've maintained a good bit of cardio. Any ideas as to what could be going on here?

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
I know my waist definitely grows on epi, over an inch. Fat % stays the same according to accu-measure but the waist is definitely bigger. Stomach is slightly bloated as well.

stevan

Awards
hey mate

if your really 'really' feeling uncormfortable.. i'd suggest maybe consider starting your PCT.... otherwise if you can.. try holding out those extra 2weeks and finish off your cycle

im pretty much in the exact same situation as you.... similar stats... and in my 4th week of epi

i upped my dosage to 30mg in week 3 and soon after i had trouble sleeping, quite a high bp and significant bloat around the waist

few days ago i started taking extra dosage of celery seed extract along with the usual cycle support... + some extra garlic during the day :D .... and pushed my last dosage of epi back a few hours b4 i went to bed... bp dropped quite a bit... i feel fine... and get to sleep much easier

as for the bloating... just make sure your getting in enough water.. and dont worry too much about it, as im sure it would subside once you come off cycle

Awards
I experienced similar symtpoms while using epi.

To combat the gut issues (back up) I used gut health and drank plently of water, this helped significantly when it came to clearing my bowls.

In relation to the uncontrolable weight gain, I attributed that to water and glycogen retention. I though this effect was attributed to the dosage I was using, I was running it at 40mg, but you appear to be running it at a low dose. Fortunately, once I ceased using the product, the puffy appearance it gave me disappeared in about a week.

It will be interesting to read about what other people have to say in relation to this topic...

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I experienced similar symtpoms while using epi.

To combat the gut issues (back up) I used gut health and drank plently of water, this helped significantly when it came to clearing my bowls.
Same for me. Haven't heard of bloating from many people at all.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
i was definitely holding water and quickly shed about 3 lbs when I started PCT.

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
Thanks guys, I appreciate the info. I've reduced my calories a little more and increased my water intake. The discomfort has subsided considerably since the past few days.

Also, with the 25 mg's, I took the caps and divided them in half by eye. Which over 2 days, one might have been 6mg and the other like 4mg or so, but its definitely 50 mg in two days which evens out. :lol: