Test for first cycle.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
So been looking into different things and I think im going to go with a solo test cycle. Question I have is theres so many different types of test I don't know which one to go with. What do y'all recommend going with and why? Want to find the best one for me.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
weight
bodyfat
lift maxes
lifting experience
cycle experience
goals

answering that helps us out
if you don't understand test esters yet you got a lot of research to do bro

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Test E or C are basically the same, both long esters. either one is to be pinned 2x a week for 10+ weeks.

and then theres test prop which is a short ester and can be utilized in 6+ week cycles but needs to be shot EOD

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
The biggest variable in picking which type of test to chose for a cycle is understanding how esters work...an ester is attached to the chemical structure and determines how quickly it takes to disperse once injected. You can have no ester (suspension), a short ester (propionate), longer esters (enanthate/cypionate), or a blend of esters (sustanon/omnadren)....there are others, but these are the most commonly available. Obviously the shorter the ester, the more frequent the injection must be...SO, if you dont want frequent injections, you can pick one of the longer esters and inject twice a week....if it doesnt matter, you can pick prop or suspension and go ED or EOD....

holy

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
weight
bodyfat
lift maxes
lifting experience
cycle experience
goals

answering that helps us out
if you don't understand test esters yet you got a lot of research to do bro
5'11"
190lbs
~13%bf (trying to lean a bit now)
Bench 340 max. Cant squat heavy because of back problems
Been lifting for 4 years
2 cycles of epistane over a year and a half
Goals are 195lbs @ ~10-11%bf

I know ive got alot of research to do and thats im trying to do. Just need a place to get started. I dont want to shoot EOD. Like to only do like once a week if possible. Or i guess twice if thats what needs to be done. Is the only difference with them and the esters is just how long it takes to get in your system? Or are there other pros and cons to the different ones?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yea basically the esters have different lengths that dictate how long it takes before they are cleaved and the test becomes active

Test E and Test C take about 4 weeks to kick in. If you only want to inject 1x a week you can run test Cypionate @ 500mg injected once a week. With Test-E you should shoot 2x a week and test propionate needs to be everyday or every other day

you could also get an oral to use as your kickstart during the first 4 weeks

+5 lbs and slightly leaner are good goals, i think diet will be most important, test will certainly help, good luck

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
One of my main concerns is keeping everything when I get off. With epistane I cant seem to keep but a small bit of what I gain. When I got off I was about 196 at 12%bf and now im at 190 at about 13% cause ive been eating a **** ton trying to keep it. I want to shoot to gain to about 200 so I can be at 195 when I get off PCT. How long would a good cycle length be of test C @ 500mg a week? Should Ii start 500 the first week or start lower and dose up?

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Comparing epistane to test is like comparing a swimming pool to the ocean...

If you ran cyp at 500mgs a week (as an example), for lets say 10-12 weeks, you are certainly going to go over 200#s unless you simply ignore your other variables like nutrition and working out.

holy

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
What would be a good cycle for me to do since its my first one. I dont want to just get all out massive and stuff so would I need to do 500 a week for 10-12 weeks?

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
What would be a good cycle for me to do since its my first one. I dont want to just get all out massive and stuff so would I need to do 500 a week for 10-12 weeks?
If you dont want to get too big, run a lower dose. Maybe 400mg or so for 10 weeks of Test E/C, and simple PCT of Nolva 40/40/20/20 or something along those lines.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
If you dont want to get too big, run a lower dose. Maybe 400mg or so for 10 weeks of Test E/C, and simple PCT of Nolva 40/40/20/20 or something along those lines.
ditto....

holy

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
400 through all 10 weeks? Or should I start at a lower dose for the first week or 2 and bump it up?

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
My buddy is on his cycle now and hes been helping me a little. He takes nolvadex for pct would that be good enough for me? I know prohormones pretty well just not sure if this is the same for PCT.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
My buddy is on his cycle now and hes been helping me a little. He takes nolvadex for pct would that be good enough for me? I know prohormones pretty well just not sure if this is the same for PCT.

yes nolva and/or clomid are good for PCT

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
I just saw the thread about clomid and nolva being horrible for you and that scares me lol.

i havent read the article, but im pretty sure the testing was over a whole year and the tests were done in either women or rats

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I just saw the thread about clomid and nolva being horrible for you and that scares me lol.
I havent seen it either, but remember this....nolva and clomid are not intended for use as PCT in bodybuilders....because of that, you wont find any real medical studies done on their efficiency or side effects....it would be unethical for them to do so...

holy

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Would PCT be about the same for a cycle of test as it would be for prohormones? Want to start getting my pct together and tis is all new to me. ALong with nolva go with PCS, and Cycle Support, do I need a test booster also?

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
IMO, overkill is the word of the day for PCT...I think generally speaking, nolva and clomid is sufficient.

holy

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
IMO, overkill is the word of the day for PCT...I think generally speaking, nolva and clomid is sufficient.

holy

Agre, just run nolva (if gyno is a worry) or clomid for your PCT. IMO with running PCT for the OTC designers, things are even more complicated, because although the time you are suppressed is shorter (so I guess HPTA is easy enough to get back to normal), estrogen is very suppressed, you have to worry about gyno from estrogen rebound. With a test only cycle PCT is simple IMO, clomid or nolva