Anti-E's (Exemestane) and Clomid

Zim

Awards
I'm confused about this whole post-cycle stuff. There seems to be a HUGE preference for Nolva, and I'm not seeing any real back up beyond, "It's better than Clomid."

Correct me if I'm wrong, I've looked into it, but I'm far from knowledgable on the subject. (Hence the question.)

As I understand it, Nolvadex, Letrazole, and 6-Oxo are all anti-aromatase. It stops estrogen from being formed in the first place, and thus LH production is stimulated. However, all these eventually detach from the aromatase enzyme, as well as causing the body to produce more aromatase. So you get an increase in post-post-cycle estrogen.

Clomid, on the other hand, doesn't do anything to estrogen or to aromatase, it instead renders the estrogen useless by binding to the same receptors, but having a diminished estrogenic effect. According to the PDR, LH production is greatly increased. Even in normally producing adults.

The PDR does not list significant LH stimulation for the anti-aromatase drugs. (I'm guessing this means that LH won't be elevated above baseline in normally producing adults. So it's post cycle effectiveness is still in the dark for me, but anecdotal evedence suggests it works pretty well.)

Enter Exemestane. Exemestane is a suicide anti-aromatase. It permanantly occupies anti-aromatase, rendering it useless forever.

So, if you prefer anti-aromatase, why would you go with anything other than Exemestane?

But by my (admittedly shallow) research, anti-aromatase is best used during cycle, to prevent estrogenic effects. Gyno and the like. Clomid, by the accounts I've researched, is superior for returning normal hormone production. (Just lousy side effects.)

On this board, and a few others, Nolva seems king of post-cycle. Other boards warn against anti-e's post cylce, and reccomend Clomid.

So now I'm all confused as to what I should get before I start my 1-test 4-AD TD cycle.

Help?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Firstly, I don't think nolva is an anti-aromatase. Secondly, the way I personally run the above is I'll run an anti-e (leterzole/femura/exemestane) while on and 1-2 weeks into the post-cycle, while running nolva and clomid if it's a real gear cycle, and clomid only if it is a prohormone cycle. I've yet to get really emotional or anything on clomid, but some have.

ManBeast

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok so what the hell would be a good alternative to HCG.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't think there is a legal alternative to hcg, thats why phs/pst cycles have to be short to minimize testicular atrophy.

And Bills article is somewhat dated. He talks about shocking the body with a bolus dose of hcg _after_ the cycle instead of taking hcg _during_ the cycle at a low dosage to keep the boys intact for post cycle recovery. Its still a good article though comparing clomid/nolva.

TheTom

Awards
  • Established
Enter Exemestane. Exemestane is a suicide anti-aromatase. It permanantly occupies anti-aromatase, rendering it useless forever.

This last part, "rendering it useless forever" doesn't sound right to me.

I am not 100% sure though.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The way I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The deal is that anastrozole will lose its binding to the aromatase enzyme, but exemestane will not lose that binding. Of course, you will have more of the enzyme produced, so nothing is permanant.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
6OXO is also a suicide aromatase inhibitor.