Nolvadex used alone.

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
I've got 45 tablets of 10mg Nolvadex and would like to use it pretty soon. Would it be of any use to me by itself for increasing the test/estrogen ratio? I'm thinking of going like 10 days or so at 20mg and then 10mg until I run out.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
you in a cycle or coming off of one? Not sure why one would want to take an anti-estrogen unless it serves a purpose.
Sage

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
theoretically it should give you a harder look and increase test : est ratio in the favor of testosterone... I finished a 1 test cycle 2 weeks ago. I took some 60x0 at 500mg then 400mg. Should I go back on a ph cycle first before I start it?

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I disagree with the concept of Nolvadex raising the test:estrogen ratio. This is because it only block the estrogen at certain receptor sites - not reduces estrogen at all.

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
thats true, but wouldn't it still give you a harder look in the places where estrogen is blocked?

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In my experience - no.

But I've seen where some guys *think* that it has assisted them in cutting. So do more research.

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
I just know that during extended peroids of dieting, estrogen can get out of control and make it hard to lose spots like lovehandles and such...I can imagine that nolva would do a good job assisting you like that.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just read a thread somewhere else on this. It seems that an aromatase inhibitor would be better, so that you reduce the overall estrogen present...

...but then you have the issues of lipid profiles.

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
freak, I'm getting some mixed answers here, does anyone have any experience with it alone, or experience where it had any good effects in any other areas besides gyno prevention? I'll just sell the stuff if it won't do anything, because I don't want to do another ph cycle because I'm prone to hair loss and 1 test thinned it out noticeably.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's excellent for PCT instead of Clomid. Otherwise, you could always try it. Hell, it's so cheap, you can't lose if it works or doesn't.

I think you should try it, and clue us in, since it's a possibility for it to work. You could help a lot of bros out.

Toneyfan

Awards
Yeah, just post your experiences in this thread. If you could do that, I know i'd be thankful. :)

Bryan

Awards
How long was you're 1-test cycle to thin your hair noticeably?

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
My hair was thinning even before I took it. It just accelerated the process for about 25 days. I thought that the short duration wouldn't do much, but it actually did.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just know that during extended peroids of dieting, estrogen can get out of control and make it hard to lose spots like lovehandles and such...I can imagine that nolva would do a good job assisting you like that.
Tamoxifen is actually an agonist for AVP therefore can cause water retention by that mechanism.

AI's are better suited for decreasing water retention.

TheTom

Awards
  • Established
lol, why would estrogen become out of control while dieting? If anything, the lower the bodyfat% you are, the lower your estrogen levels would be.

I see no benefit for stand-alone nolvadex use unless you have a specific condition that needs treatment.

Proviron on the other hand...

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
Nolva off cycle is a waste in my opinion. I tried 20mg a day for 2 weeks to see if it would affect what i thought may be early stages of gyno. No hardness or fat loss, no effects at all really.

Try a 7-keto product like Absolved by Avant. I just came off it. I was only about 10% bf, & I lost a full inch around my midsection in 10 days. I looked leaner overall & felt harder/more full as well.

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
that's some good advice guys, thanks for the opinions and experience stories.