What the heck is THG that the NFL is up in arms about?

primal1

Awards
  • Established
it's a substance that victor conte (balco labs) is supposed to be supplying to athletes. it is supposed to be anabolic. similar to tren. i don't think it is on any banned substance list. they just re-tested 400 urine samples from athletes, and all they are saying is an alarming rate of the samples tested positive for this stuff.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
damn Barry Bonds just got subpeonaed involving it too

nsruffryder34

Banned
Awards
  • Established
this could be a very fine line...whether it is illegal or not. It could turn out to be a grey market supplement. This is definetly going to hurt ujs with the PH ban....

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
this is turning out to be BIG guys... i've seen 3 seperate articles on it on espn all involving big name athletes... whos the girl that is about to have her gold medal stripped from her because of it?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'm not surprised Barry Bonds was involved, he did get real big real quick. This sucks for the PH industry though, better stock up some more. I don't think it would be illegal, but Dr. Catlin (the steroid testing guy) said this compound was strategically engineered for it's ability to cause an anabolic effect without being detected, too bad one grumpy coach snitched them in

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
I'm not surprised Barry Bonds was involved, he did get real big real quick. This sucks for the PH industry though, better stock up some more. I don't think it would be illegal, but Dr. Catlin (the steroid testing guy) said this compound was strategically engineered for it's ability to cause an anabolic effect without being detected, too bad one grumpy coach snitched them in
all it takes is one bad apple to spiol it for everybody..

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
Giambi too, and sammy. BTW has anyone realized how much smaller sammy is? He lost like 25 lbs it looks like and all from his upper body. A funny thing I heard was Frank Thomas of the Chicago White sox said that this year no one would hit over 50 homers because there was steroid testing. (eventhough its a joke and not random) And he was right :)

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
nah Thomas is just a jealous overrated athlete :)

sammy would have gone over 50 this year easy if not for his suspension, his ingrown toenail that sidelined him and lets not forget about getting hit in the head with that fastball that gave him a concussion and made his numbers drop like a brick for a month or two... he still came back and got over 40hr
oh and he can still hit very hard... let us not forget the 495ft bomb that he slapped out on Penny in the 2nd game of the NLCS... i dont think he's lost that much weight tho...

pharaohf4

Awards
If it's not on any banned substance list YET. I want to get my hands on some. :)

bigbadboss101

Awards
if they are supplying athletes with it, and most of them make good $$, chances are they will cost a bundle.

pharaohf4

Awards
bigboss.....true but I've spent a good amount on AAS so far.