About to Deploy

IronWolf9506

Awards
Hey all,

I'm about to deploy to Iraq for the next 7 months. Looking for something to pump up the muscles in the meantime. Not going to be able to keep a strict diet due to chow hall food but I will do my best.

Currently: 6' @ 210lbs with 16% Body fat. Trying to lower the fat % and raise some serious muscle in the process. Open to suggestions. Please help with the right supplement program pro or no steroid. Thanks.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
First off, good luck with your deployment....I hope you stay safe and the time flies by....

As far as a supplement regimen, are you talking about one you can do while you're there? Or something to do before you leave? If its a short time period until you leave, there really isnt going to be a quick answer for you....

holy

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
This really depends on what kind of unit you're in and if you'll be stationed out of a base. If you're in an infantry unit, expect to lose weight and not have time (or a source) to lift and eat properly. I don't know how it works for the Army, but in Corps, there wasn't sh*t for an infantry unit, everyone just lost weight.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Chances are you'll lose all muscle you gained while you're over there. Wait until you get back.

AFJON

AFJON

Awards
Chances are you'll lose all muscle you gained while you're over there. Wait until you get back.
I think it depends on where you are at. Being at one of the nicer bases down range (balad/anaconda), I made great gains on my last deployment. I agree though that there are locations where gaining muscle will not be very feasible. Good luck where ever you go though.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
why is this in the steroid section? are you looking to use steroids while there? if so id advise against it unless you plan on bringin a whole lot of supps with you like PCT and support supps as well.

Good luck and stay safe.

IronWolf9506

Awards
I'll have plenty of time to work out over there. I'll have a decent gym too. Was out there last year and was able to lift everyday for about 2 hours. So that Im not worried about. I posted this in the steroid section cause I didn't know what kind of supplements were going to be recommended.

IronWolf9506

Awards
First off, good luck with your deployment....I hope you stay safe and the time flies by....

As far as a supplement regimen, are you talking about one you can do while you're there? Or something to do before you leave? If its a short time period until you leave, there really isnt going to be a quick answer for you....

holy
No Something for while Im out there.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Well, since you indicated in your first post that macronutrients were going to be a concern because of eating in the mess hall, I would start off with some of the basics, like a decent protein powder, creatine monohydrate, and a good vitamin pack....none of those are going to spoil, or be jeopordized because of the heat or environment.

holy