Test E only cycle - PCT

dank311

dank311

Awards
I will be running my first cycle of test E only at 500mg a wk for 10 wks. I do have arimidex already, but didnt know if this was enough for PCT. I have a buddy who is a old school juicer, and he recommends no PCT, just tapering up the test for the first few weeks, then at the end of the cycle just taper down.
What is the best way to go about PCT on a test E only cycle, do restart natty test?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Arimidex is an AI, which is not what is to be used for PCT. What you need to get is a SERM (e.g. nolva, clomid, toremifene) to help kickstart HPTA stimulation.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Arimidex is an AI, which is not what is to be used for PCT.
Thats extremely debatable, which I dont doubt you already know. However...

What you need to get is a SERM (e.g. nolva, clomid, toremifene) to help kickstart HPTA stimulation.
I would agree run a serm in PCT (clomid).

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i know someone who ran HCG arimidex and IDS PCT tabs, and his doc thoguht he was over dosing on clomid becuase his LH was throught the roof. this is what his PCT looked like...

HCG (2000 iu e3d total of 5 shots)
PCT tabs (then start this after you take your last shot of HCG)
Arimidex (run it .5mg through out the whole PCT.)

i would say yuo most likely dont need the HCG for anything under 14 weeks.

just a thought hopefully it helps

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
HCG generally is more than you'll need...arimidex is fantastic during a cycle, but will not have a ton of usefullness post cycle...

Nolvadex competes at the receptor site with estrogen, thats why its used post cycle....
Arimidex is a step up the food chain, and actually prevents the conversion to estrogen...since your test levels will be plummetting post cycle, there wont be much aromatising going on. Nolvadex would therefor be better POST CYCLE....

holy

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
HCG generally is more than you'll need...arimidex is fantastic during a cycle, but will not have a ton of usefullness post cycle...

Nolvadex competes at the receptor site with estrogen, thats why its used post cycle....
Arimidex is a step up the food chain, and actually prevents the conversion to estrogen...since your test levels will be plummetting post cycle, there wont be much aromatising going on. Nolvadex would therefor be better POST CYCLE....

holy

nolvadex is EXCELLENT post cycle, but i think clomid will be better only becuase it DOESNT LOWER IGF1 output from the liver.

Arimidex is Excellent PCT and aids in recover and increases LH in men.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Woops, I meant to say "What dose of clomid did he use?"

My bad...typin to fast.

he doesnt use ANY clomid.

him and his cuzin b oth got the same responses from their endo. im very curious to see how it works without the HCG

so i ordered an retarded amount of arimidex to run with other over the counter AIs l for PCT

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
he doesnt use ANY clomid.

him and his cuzin b oth got the same responses from their endo. im very curious to see how it works without the HCG

so i ordered an retarded amount of arimidex to run with other over the counter AIs l for PCT

I must have misinterpreted the below quote?

i know someone who ran HCG arimidex and IDS PCT tabs, and his doc thoguht he was over dosing on clomid becuase his LH was throught the roof. this is what his PCT looked like...

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
nonsense, HCG is not needed on cycle. why jump start your testes to produce test and raise estro levels on cycle when youll stay shut down anyway.

HCG off cycle. PERIOD

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
nonsense, HCG is not needed on cycle. why jump start your testes to produce test and raise estro levels on cycle when youll stay shut down anyway.

HCG off cycle. PERIOD
please check the link to the thread , I personally and a lot others (doctors included) think that keeping the balls working on cycle will help on a faster recovery but you can see the arguments to that protocol in the thread

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Crazyfool almost quoted dave palumbo word for word in regards to HCG use on cycle. Having said that I know Dr's who believe in both methods of HCG administration.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
agreed very knowledgle people are have answered u .....

now think about this

you tunr a car on, you turn it off, you do this constently your starter is more likely to stop working. right?

your keep priming your testes and then shuting them down. may be bad for your body.

if you turn the car on and juss let it run, how likely are you gunna need a new starter?

see where im going?

and HCG isnt needed on every cycle 14 weeks and higher i think youll need it, but you need something like arimidex when you use it becuase of the aromatase activity from the HCG.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Crazyfool almost quoted dave palumbo word for word in regards to HCG use on cycle. Having said that I know Dr's who believe in both methods of HCG administration.

yea if i said use 100mg of clomid for 3 weeks instread of the PCT tabs, it woulda been qouted. lol

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
true, but if I had to chose, after the research I made, I would run it on cycle, just my opinion though

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
cool, a car anology

you dont run your engine for a long time and you try to restart it in the middle of winter what happens?

nah, that one sucked. nevermind LOL

your testes are not shut down your BRAIN is shutdown from extra hormone.

hcg is an exogenous LH so your testes dont care where LH signal is coming from it will be ON during hcg administration. However your brain is down from exo test and exo LH, ehhh no matter thats what the true PCT is for when all the hormones are out and your endo LH is boosted.

now the argument is that your nuts are dormant from the lack of LH so waking up the slumbering raisins will be harder than already full nuts that are tuned to receiving LH. and your brain will sense low steroids when you are completly off and start LH production and your nuts will sensitively respond.

BUT

there are tons of people swear hcg for the end so im not trying to attack you here just saying the obvious argument of the other side.

i am doing a 6 month cycle low dose test and running hcg throughout, next year i will do the same maybe without hcg depending on how i recover this time.

as for the topic starter, wait 2-3 weeks after your last shot of test then do your PCT whatever you have in mind. thats the best way to start PCT IMO for test only cycle. i like test only cycle too.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
with a 6 monther i would do HCG at week 10 and 20 then PCT. but 14-16 weeks, ill do it at the end lol

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
nolvadex is EXCELLENT post cycle, but i think clomid will be better only becuase it DOESNT LOWER IGF1 output from the liver.

Arimidex is Excellent PCT and aids in recover and increases LH in men.
Clomid isnt necesseraily better than nolvadex, as they work via two totally different pathways....clomid is going to help stimulate the leydig cells, and nolvadex is going to compete with estrogen at the receptor site...two different methods of PCT....

holy

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Clomid isnt necesseraily better than nolvadex, as they work via two totally different pathways....clomid is going to help stimulate the leydig cells, and nolvadex is going to compete with estrogen at the receptor site...two different methods of PCT....

holy

clomid is in the SERM catagory as well... clomit acts on the pituitary to help stimulate the leydig cells.

clomid is better only because it doesnt lower IGF1 output from the liver..... are you going to lower you IGF1 factor when u try and maintain your gains? i wont.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
cool, a car anology

you dont run your engine for a long time and you try to restart it in the middle of winter what happens?

nah, that one sucked. nevermind LOL

your testes are not shut down your BRAIN is shutdown from extra hormone.

hcg is an exogenous LH so your testes dont care where LH signal is coming from it will be ON during hcg administration. However your brain is down from exo test and exo LH, ehhh no matter thats what the true PCT is for when all the hormones are out and your endo LH is boosted.

now the argument is that your nuts are dormant from the lack of LH so waking up the slumbering raisins will be harder than already full nuts that are tuned to receiving LH. and your brain will sense low steroids when you are completly off and start LH production and your nuts will sensitively respond.

BUT

there are tons of people swear hcg for the end so im not trying to attack you here just saying the obvious argument of the other side.

i am doing a 6 month cycle low dose test and running hcg throughout, next year i will do the same maybe without hcg depending on how i recover this time.

as for the topic starter, wait 2-3 weeks after your last shot of test then do your PCT whatever you have in mind. thats the best way to start PCT IMO for test only cycle. i like test only cycle too.

either way runing hCG will desensitize your leydig cells

dank311

dank311

Awards
great replies guys...

I will NOT be using HCG on or off cycle. Thats out of the question.

Now for PCT..I know how each drug works, as I have done tons of research on AAS/PCT, as well as have a few friends who have done AAS for almost 20 years.

I mainly started this question to have a debate on old school VS new school way of going about PCT...

Tapering off of synthetic test (old school) VS. adding AI during cycle through PCT, as well as a SERM after discont of test(new school).
I know there are pro's and con's of both, but would like to hear from some of those that maybe who have done both and can share their experience. Most of the guys I know dont use SERMS b/c of the cons of it and they think its just another synthetic going in your body and when you come off of a SERM you still can have rebound naturally from your bodies reaction to the synthetic SERM.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A cycle like this doesn't need HCG. You'd be completely fine doing Torm or Nolva only. Now if you were doing a long cycle of Test/Deca or something then HCG would be very helpful.