Wimbledon Final

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Man, that was one of the best tennis matches I've ever seen, and I've been watching since the late 80's. Nadal seems to be passing Federer. I'm a Federer fan and I have faith that he'll find a way to beat Nadal next year at Wimbledon, and on hard courts anytime. Any tennis fans?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not really a tennis fan but i did really enjoy the match yesterday. It was very entertaining and i was rooting for Nadal so i was pleased :)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought it was amazing. After Nadal's straight set dismantling of Federer at the French, and now this, I think there is legitimate debate as to who is the current world #1. Hopefully, this also puts to rest any Tiger /Roger comparisons, as none of Tiger's competition has been this close.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I thought it was amazing. After Nadal's straight set dismantling of Federer at the French, and now this, I think there is legitimate debate as to who is the current world #1. Hopefully, this also puts to rest any Tiger /Roger comparisons, as none of Tiger's competition has been this close.
I'll admit that Federer has fallen off this year, but I also think that Tiger has no Nadal. Mickelson is the closest thing Tiger has, and he's not on Nadal's level. That said, I'd give Tiger the edge over Federer, but now Tiger's injured, so we'll see.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll admit that Federer has fallen off this year, but I also think that Tiger has no Nadal. Mickelson is the closest thing Tiger has, and he's not on Nadal's level. That said, I'd give Tiger the edge over Federer, but now Tiger's injured, so we'll see.
Well, either there's no Nadal, or Tiger is simply that much better than the field. Keep mind that Mickelson was only considered as a legitimate #2 recently - I did, and still would, rate Vijay above him. I think at one point Vijay, Els, and Duval (remember that name?) all were on the cusp of being mentioned in the same breath as Tiger, but he pulled away every time. Goosen, Els, Mick, Vijay, they were all multiple major winners in contention at many of the events Le Tigre won. The dude's just that good, IMO.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Best tennis match I have ever witnessed. I was pumped at break point in the 3rd set (had a wager on Nadal with a ladder if he won in 3), but the match just went from one level of greatness to the next. Turned out to be the highest Wimbeldon final in years (and each set had an increased number of viewers).

Nadal is closing the gap in the power rankings quicker than Nicole Richie dismisses a piece of pizza. He can take the number 1 spot by the end of the year if he has a good hard court Summer Series and makes a run at the US Open. Although hard court is going to be by far the hardest transition for Nadal to make (there are many similarities between clay and grass, not hard courts). Nadal is going to have to work his ass off to make a legitimate run at the title in Flushing this year, and he is also going to have to keep in the back of his head that every year on the courts is doing that much more damage on his body from his style (his knees must be in a living hell).