• Total voters
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok so when I was doing carido the other day i was next to two woman watching a WNBA game and I wanted to kill myself. I'ts like watching JV high school basketball. After watching a whole game and seeing the size and skill of these woman I really think I could score 20 and grab 10 boards a night.

I really would like to see this thrive and try to stay positive but my goodness I wanted to throw up. Why do women think that the WNBA is so sweet? Who else thinks they could dominat in the WNBA

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I knew a few girls that played on the womens Uconn basketball team back in the day. I have to say, the girls were amazing shots. I couldn't believe it myself. As much as it pains me to say it DW, some of these women are pretty good.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I knew a few girls that played on the womens Uconn basketball team back in the day. I have to say, the girls were amazing shots. I couldn't believe it myself. As much as it pains me to say it DW, some of these women are pretty good.
Yea I'll give you that, they can shot the lights out not doubt about it. But do you really think you would give them that much space? They all shoot set shots. I'd throw that s h i t all day long.

I played a few games with girls that play in the big ten. I know big ten basketball doesn't compare to Uconn by any stretch but an athletic guy is sooooo much quicker than a girl. You can play super tight because even if they do get by you it takes 1.5 steps to catch up and if they try a lay up they may get 14" off the ground. Althought I could be wrong Uconn womens basketball is def in a league of its own.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea I'll give you that, they can shot the lights out not doubt about it. But do you really think you would give them that much space? They all shoot set shots. I'd throw that s h i t all day long.

I played a few games with girls that play in the big ten. I know big ten basketball doesn't compare to Uconn by any stretch but an athletic guy is sooooo much quicker than a girl. You can play super tight because even if they do get by you it takes 1.5 steps to catch up and if they try a lay up they may get 14" off the ground. Althought I could be wrong Uconn womens basketball is def in a league of its own.
I agree. In general the guy will win almost every time, however i've witnessed a few girls that just made me go.....WOW!

I say we start an AM intramural team. Guys against the girls in some hoops! :D LOL!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree. In general the guy will win almost every time, however i've witnessed a few girls that just made me go.....WOW!

I say we start an AM intramural team. Guys against the girls in some hoops! :D LOL!
haha true dat. A few times playing pick u with the girls guys will just leave them wid open but that only happens for a few possesions because they just seem to never miss sets shot 3 pointers,lol.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really can't even give a guess. I've never seen a wnba game or even an all female basketball game. I stayed at a Holiday Express lastnight and I've seen Juwana man, so that akes me an expert on the subject.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember watching Jenn Rizzotti play for UCONN back in the mid 90's. The chick was freakin' unreal.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really can't even give a guess. I've never seen a wnba game or even an all female basketball game. I stayed at a Holiday Express lastnight and I've seen Juwana man, so that akes me an expert on the subject.
Thats about all the more you need to be a WNBA expert!

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
All I can say is that having seen a few WNBA games in person over the last few years., some of you guys would be surprised at how well you wouldn't do against them.

:bruce3:

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So everyone knows. I have a buddy who's cousin will be signing with a WNBA team soon (or so he says). Right now she's playing in Europe. I will try and get a game going with her before I leave for school. It will be tough since she's in Europe but may be coming back to the states here soon.

Like I said I'll try and get a 1 on 1 game at the very least and video tape the whole thing. I am really trying to get a complete 5v5 game going and see how it goes. I'll keep guys updated.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Like I said I'll try and get a 1 on 1 game at the very least and video tape the whole thing. I am really trying to get a complete 5v5 game going and see how it goes. I'll keep guys updated.
Lol, hope you have game man, because you could very well get punked. There's this employee at my gym who kills men in basketball but claims she's not good enough for the WNBA. If you have height/speed on her though, it'd be very hard for her to beat you.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Most female sports are a total and complete joke. The only mainstream sports women are decent at are tennis, soccer and golf. Softball too if you consider that mainstream.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol, hope you have game man, because you could very well get punked. There's this employee at my gym who kills men in basketball but claims she's not good enough for the WNBA. If you have height/speed on her though, it'd be very hard for her to beat you.
Yea I can ball. I avg. close to 20 a game on JV as a frosh. Thats before I could jump to. I can almost dunk a girls basketball with adrenalen(sp?) of a game im pretty sure I could. Yea I'm also pretty sure I have speed on any woman alive that isn't an olympic sprinter.

Size I do not have. I'm only 5'9" so if my buddies cousin is a F/C it could be tough but woman aren't use to other woman who can jump from a stand stil and grab rim. So if I can anticipate the shots down low i should be able to hang.

If she's a gaurd i know im going to have to d up hard and not give her much room. I did play a girl in high school, 11th grade I think, who went on to play NAIA basketball, and may have been an all-american her senior year there. She was a gaurd and pop'd a few three's in my eye. I only gave her maybe a little over an arms length and didn't think she'd pull it and she did. I won 11-4, all her points were 2's and I was right up on her like I said.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most female sports are a total and complete joke. The only mainstream sports women are decent at are tennis, soccer and golf. Softball too if you consider that mainstream.
Yea I hate how they try and hype them up and woman try and say their equal (in sports :) ) Women are just slower and not as strong which means aren't as good of athletes. It's not their fault so its whatever I just hate when they say they could play and produce with the men. Throw any pro softball player an MLB curve and they wouldn't touch it now way. We have a real good softball program at my community college and are on baord with the fact baseball pitching is harder to hit than softball pitching.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I used to think like this awhile back, but I actually used to play with a girl at the gym who was a top 25 recruit in HS and now plays for UMD, and all I will say is, don't be fooled by how boring it is to watch. These girls are damn good, she was more than able to hold her own and then some playing with all grown men when she was in 9th and 10th grade...I can only imagine how good she would be now. All that being said, you still couldn't pay me to watch women's basketball

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to think like this awhile back, but I actually used to play with a girl at the gym who was a top 25 recruit in HS and now plays for UMD, and all I will say is, don't be fooled by how boring it is to watch. These girls are damn good, she was more than able to hold her own and then some playing with all grown men when she was in 9th and 10th grade...I can only imagine how good she would be now. All that being said, you still couldn't pay me to watch women's basketball

haha. True that. What position was she and what was her size, where/whats UMD? I'm just curious.

I am legit. I know its the internet and I could also say whatever but I hold my own against my buddy who play's D-2 basketball ball now. If I can't end up getting a game against the Europe girl when I go to school in the fall I will def get a game with them and post that ish up here. I know against high school girls I can go off for 40, I did a few weeks ago playing with my cousin at their summer camp. I had to shot 34 times though :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get those chicks DW!

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
haha. True that. What position was she and what was her size, where/whats UMD? I'm just curious.

I am legit. I know its the internet and I could also say whatever but I hold my own against my buddy who play's D-2 basketball ball now. If I can't end up getting a game against the Europe girl when I go to school in the fall I will def get a game with them and post that ish up here. I know against high school girls I can go off for 40, I did a few weeks ago playing with my cousin at their summer camp. I had to shot 34 times though :D
I think she's a shooting guard, she was prob 5'11 or so. UMD is university of maryland. Like I said, I had zero respect for women's sports before playing with her, now some but still can't watch a WNBA game. Like I said though, she was far from your typical HS girl's basketball player, she was a McDonald's All American

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All i can say is i would own in the lowpost. No doubt. They better be good at the outside shot cuz i would shut those women down!!! Str8 wavin the Mutumbo finger at um. :nono:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
As long as I am not going up against Margo Dydek, I will post up all day baby. I think I could snag some as well from the giant as well though. I am not cocky and said I would not be an all-star.... my first season :D

Margo:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as I am not going up against Margo Dydek, I will post up all day baby. I think I could snag some as well from the giant as well though. I am not cocky and said I would not be an all-star.... my first season :D

Margo:
:jaw: wow thats a big b***H!!!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
never heard of kenny george, sorry. maybe a Manute Bol comparison is better suited....minus the pigment
ahah true Manute was a damn giant. They are both 7'7 I think though so its actually perfect, except Manute was cooler because no one ever dunked over him.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=htwkRYa0gOk"]YouTube - Tyler Hansbrough Dunk on 7'7 Kenny George[/ame]

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
whats worse about that dunk was it was a WHITE GUY! LOL..
manute was the sh1t man i remember one day he made like 7 three pointers in one game it was unreal.
A 7'7 guy hitting the back board is impressive from beyond the arc, that is incredible.

Oh side note, I wanted to play your avi really bad, but it is off youtube. Find another one broski? :D

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
McDonalds all-american ehh. Yea at 5'11 she would probably somewhat athletic if she could move which may create some problems for me down low only being 5'8". I've been really itching to play some legit girls in basketball. I've been playing once a week with my cousins high school team because my uncle helps coach. Getting used to playing with the girls ball is kinda hard it's so much smaller and lighter.