College Football 2008 season

Page 3 of 40 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57341
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    I'd rather see the neutral field be the Georgia dome in Atlanta...then we'd see if the UF fans thought it was such a neutral site.
    Yes, or Ben Hill Griffin stadium in gainesville!!

    Bulldog fans would be running away in fear.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  2. New Member
    BULLDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    194
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    9.48%

    Dude the Wolverines put up 41 POINTS against the Gators, 3 against the Bucks and 90 total yards. Sure you were good 2 years ago but last year would you have even score against OSU. At least we made the national game the gators were just bait lol
  3. Advanced Member
    atjnutrition2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    385
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    54.74%

    I gotta say even as a UGA fan....I can't believe you just said UF wouldn't have scored against OSU. lol
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57341
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Dude the Wolverines put up 41 POINTS against the Gators, 3 against the Bucks and 90 total yards. Sure you were good 2 years ago but last year would you have even score against OSU. At least we made the national game the gators were just bait lol
    Wow.....i could have fun with this, but i won't. You also lost the championship game.....AGAIN, to yet another SEC team!

    The SEC owns your boys.....that is a FACT!

    Not to mention that Tim Tebow makes the best Ohio State has laughable. Did i hear......HEISMAN!
    Last edited by Trauma1; 07-16-2008 at 01:28 AM.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  5. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,977
    Rep Power
    11040
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    lol, i was kidding about the bashing, OSU has earned it in the last 2 title games. i already said they got killed by florida and tressel was horribly outcoached. Most in ohio will never criticize tressel because of his record against michigan, but I live far enough away from Columbus to be fairly objective about it....

    like I said earlier in the thread though, my pick is winner of OSU/USC vs. winner of UF/UGA. OSU plays at USC, so that one's pretty much a toss up in my mind...if it was at Columbus I would be quite confident. Dunno what to expect out of UGA really, but I know UF's offense is gonna be absurd. I just hope if we make it back, we don't get humiliated again
  6. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,205
    Rep Power
    18668
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    I'll continue to give you guys credit for beating the crap out of us.

    Kind of funny that Rammer Jammer fans TOTALLY forget the '90 Sugar Bowl in which Miami won it's 3rd national title by beating said Tide.


    In the end - we are 1-1 in championship games. I have no beef with Bama fans.

    Now - OSU fans are another story.
    lol, yeah, I have not forgot that one at all ... that one left me hurting.

    It was just that I got tired of all the talk that the canes had going into that 92' game.

    But yeah, OSU, I've always looked at them as paper champs, well, not champs but finalist.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  7. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,977
    Rep Power
    11040
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Dude the Wolverines put up 41 POINTS against the Gators, 3 against the Bucks and 90 total yards. Sure you were good 2 years ago but last year would you have even score against OSU. At least we made the national game the gators were just bait lol
    nice to see another bucks fan, but I cannot agree with you here at all. Look at the points UF put up last year

    September 1 Western Kentucky W 49-3 1-0 (0-0)
    September 8 Troy W 59-31 2-0 (0-0)
    September 15 No. 22 Tennessee W 59-20 3-0 (1-0)
    September 22 at Mississippi W 30-24 4-0 (2-0)
    September 29 Auburn L 20-17 4-1 (2-1)
    October 6 at No. 1 LSU L 28-24 4-2 (2-2)
    October 20 at No. 7 Kentucky W 45-37 5-2 (3-2)
    October 27 No. 18 Georgia L 42-30 5-3 (3-3)
    November 3 Vanderbilt W 49-22 6-3 (4-3)
    November 10 at South Carolina W 51-31 7-3 (5-3)
    November 17 Florida Atlantic W 59-20 8-3 (5-3)
    November 24 Florida State W 45-12 9-3 (5-3)
    January 1 vs Michigan L 41-35 9-4 (5-3)
    Inside College Football

    Don't get me wrong, their defense was uber-porous, but they'd put up points on ANYONE
  8. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57341
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by warnerve View Post
    nice to see another bucks fan, but I cannot agree with you here at all. Look at the points UF put up last year

    September 1 Western Kentucky W 49-3 1-0 (0-0)
    September 8 Troy W 59-31 2-0 (0-0)
    September 15 No. 22 Tennessee W 59-20 3-0 (1-0)
    September 22 at Mississippi W 30-24 4-0 (2-0)
    September 29 Auburn L 20-17 4-1 (2-1)
    October 6 at No. 1 LSU L 28-24 4-2 (2-2)
    October 20 at No. 7 Kentucky W 45-37 5-2 (3-2)
    October 27 No. 18 Georgia L 42-30 5-3 (3-3)
    November 3 Vanderbilt W 49-22 6-3 (4-3)
    November 10 at South Carolina W 51-31 7-3 (5-3)
    November 17 Florida Atlantic W 59-20 8-3 (5-3)
    November 24 Florida State W 45-12 9-3 (5-3)
    January 1 vs Michigan L 41-35 9-4 (5-3)
    Inside College Football

    Don't get me wrong, their defense was uber-porous, but they'd put up points on ANYONE
    I was at the western kentucky and tennessee games last year!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  9. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,977
    Rep Power
    11040
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    the Tennessee game was an impressive win for them....Tennessee should be top 10 this year too.
  10. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,637
    Rep Power
    3759024
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    90.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Wow this thread has had quite some action since i last posted!

    Whats with all this SEC and buckeyes talk there are still other conferences/teams out there
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  11. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,977
    Rep Power
    11040
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Wow this thread has had quite some action since i last posted!

    Whats with all this SEC and buckeyes talk there are still other conferences/teams out there
    prove it! we don't believe you
  12. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9663
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by warnerve View Post
    the Tennessee game was an impressive win for them....Tennessee should be top 10 this year too.
    My friends up there have convinced me of that. They have probably THE best safety in the country in Eric Berry.

    (Now - stop right now with that Major Wright or Chad Jones talk you Gate/LSU fans.)

    The D has some really good young players - Rico McCoy and D. Morely (can't spell his first name).
    The O has the same - Gerald Jones and Lucas Taylor.

    They are just breaking in a new QB - which can be harrowing.

    I don't think they are getting enough pub in the SEC east. S. Carolina is getting more hype than the Vols.
    I don't understand that.
  13. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9663
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Dude the Wolverines put up 41 POINTS against the Gators, 3 against the Bucks and 90 total yards. Sure you were good 2 years ago but last year would you have even score against OSU. At least we made the national game the gators were just bait lol
    Look man - that is a RETARDED post.

    I'm not a Gator fan in the least - but their offense was pretty damn good last year. I saw LSU carve that Buck D up with some no name tight end.

    Pretty sure Meyer would score in bunches on that devout Buck D.

    Now - the Gator D is another story.

    But to come post that they wouldn't score anything is flat retarded. I know you are an OSU fan - but come on man. Really.
  14. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57341
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    My friends up there have convinced me of that. They have probably THE best safety in the country in Eric Berry.

    (Now - stop right now with that Major Wright or Chad Jones talk you Gate/LSU fans.)

    The D has some really good young players - Rico McCoy and D. Morely (can't spell his first name).
    The O has the same - Gerald Jones and Lucas Taylor.

    They are just breaking in a new QB - which can be harrowing.

    I don't think they are getting enough pub in the SEC east. S. Carolina is getting more hype than the Vols.
    I don't understand that.
    Major Wright is very good, but i won't say he's the best in the country.

    Out of all the SEC teams, Tennessee rubs me the wrong way the most. I was so glad to be at the game as the gators DESTROYED them last year. I work with a few UT fans though.....BOOO!

    I know you're a UT grad J, but a miami fan at heart. Either way though.....god i love the SEC!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  15. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57341
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Look man - that is a RETARDED post.

    I'm not a Gator fan in the least - but their offense was pretty damn good last year. I saw LSU carve that Buck D up with some no name tight end.

    Pretty sure Meyer would score in bunches on that devout Buck D.

    Now - the Gator D is another story.

    But to come post that they wouldn't score anything is flat retarded. I know you are an OSU fan - but come on man. Really.
    The gator D is SOO iffy it's not funny. God i hope for Tebow's sake they hold their own this year. Meyer has the ability to plug the holes and make something work. Either way.....I can't wait for college football this year!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  16. New Member
    Gator Alum 03's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    317
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    79.82%

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    The gator D is SOO iffy it's not funny. God i hope for Tebow's sake they hold their own this year. Meyer has the ability to plug the holes and make something work. Either way.....I can't wait for college football this year!
    Inexperience at corner and starting a freshman safety in Wright, not to mention a horrible safety in pass coverage (Joiner), will do that. I think people don't realize though, is that the Gators were #1 against the run in the SEC last year. Easily overlooked.

    While losing Munroe was a blow, we are stacked at WR right now, and the talk is lately that the coaches are looking at possibly moving junior WR Riley Cooper to safety. He played safety in high school and at 6'3'' with 4.4 speed, he's an incredible athlete (also plays on the baseball team). By the time the season rolls around I expect Will Hill or Ahmad Black starting at the other safety position (opposite Wright). Our secondary will be vastly improved IMO, especially with Haden and Pierre-Louis with a year of experience. My only real concern is DT. I'm praying Omar Hunter comes up huge.
  17. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9663
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Major Wright is very good, but i won't say he's the best in the country.

    Out of all the SEC teams, Tennessee rubs me the wrong way the most. I was so glad to be at the game as the gators DESTROYED them last year. I work with a few UT fans though.....BOOO!

    I know you're a UT grad J, but a miami fan at heart. Either way though.....god i love the SEC!
    Agree on Wright. I've just seen a few Gator fans on other forums say he's the best. I'll give him his due - he should have been a Cane from where he grew up but whatever - but Berry is flat awesome in coverage.

    He reminds me a bit of Ed Reed, but taller. He's not a super athlete like Wright (who's more of a Sean Taylor type but not quite as superhuman).

    I only really root for UT when they play LSU - just to piss off everyone I work with.

    I went to all the games, unless it conflicted with a Miami game. I got on ESPN Gameday all 5 times they came to Knoxville my 5 years there (two or 3 times was wearing at least a Miami hat - LOL). I'm fond of my time in Knoxville.
    The UT team doesn't have a place in my heart, but I wouldn't trade the SEC experience/time for anything. Was different from my childhood in south FLA.

    (I don't regret UT - I do regret I couldn't make it to more Miami games because of money.)
  18. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57341
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post
    Inexperience at corner and starting a freshman safety in Wright, not to mention a horrible safety in pass coverage (Joiner), will do that. I think people don't realize though, is that the Gators were #1 against the run in the SEC last year. Easily overlooked.

    While losing Munroe was a blow, we are stacked at WR right now, and the talk is lately that the coaches are looking at possibly moving junior WR Riley Cooper to safety. He played safety in high school and at 6'3'' with 4.4 speed, he's an incredible athlete (also plays on the baseball team). By the time the season rolls around I expect Will Hill or Ahmad Black starting at the other safety position (opposite Wright). Our secondary will be vastly improved IMO, especially with Haden and Pierre-Louis with a year of experience. My only real concern is DT. I'm praying Omar Hunter comes up huge.
    I completely agree about Riley Cooper. He'd be a nice and well needed addtion to the secondary. As you already said, our WR slots are stacked as it is.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what chris rainey can add to this already dynamic offense. I honestly believe the gators will surprise everyone this year with a much improved defensive scheme and effort. If they can hold their own while the offense does its thing, UF without a doubt would be a serious contender for the national championship.

    I can't wait until this season gets underway!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  19. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,637
    Rep Power
    3759024
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    90.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Whats with all this Major Wright talk being the best? I love the man(since his highschool days hes been a beast) but i think its early to call him the best. I will say he could possibly be my favorite safety tho. Either him or Taylor Mays are my favorite safeties

    On a side note have any of you been playing the new NCAA Football 09? My boss has thought i needed to have extra work so far this week so i have only got a couple hours in on it...whats everyone thoughts thats played?
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  20. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,977
    Rep Power
    11040
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=825031

    didn't know where to put this and didn't wanna start a new thread, but it's very interesting...i like the idea a lot
  21. New Member
    Gator Alum 03's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    317
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    79.82%

    I give you...the new Percy Harvin. Bulked up to 205 and he's benching 400 +. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeast.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  22. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,637
    Rep Power
    3759024
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    90.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Percy is a beast!! He balled out real hard in VA so i have seen a ton of him. Looking jacked tho!
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  23. New Member
    Gator Alum 03's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    317
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    79.82%

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Percy is a beast!! He balled out real hard in VA so i have seen a ton of him. Looking jacked tho!
    Indeed. After the heel surgery this off season he hit the weights real hard. He's almost back to full speed. Even though most see him at WR at the next level, I'm pretty sure we'll see him at tailback. Just a hunch I suppose.

    Here's another pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images
  24. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,637
    Rep Power
    3759024
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    90.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Dang! Yea i like his versatility. He did EVERYTHING in highschool and was really good at doing everything. Good to see him get some bulk on him though and i look forward to him and tebow balling out this year.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  25. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57341
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post
    I give you...the new Percy Harvin. Bulked up to 205 and he's benching 400 +. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeast.
    He looks AWESOME!

    What an offensive weapon harvin is!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  26. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9663
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Ask David Boston what being jacked means as far as football skills....

    Not saying Harvin won't be better - but the looks test doesn't mean a whole lot on the field.
  27. Advanced Member
    atjnutrition2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    385
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    54.74%

    I have to admit, I'm a huge GA fan but I do think UF has been a bit underated this preseason. They are definitely gonna make a run for it.
  28. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,977
    Rep Power
    11040
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Ask David Boston what being jacked means as far as football skills....

    Not saying Harvin won't be better - but the looks test doesn't mean a whole lot on the field.
    david boston had a really big year when he first got huge, it just caused too many injuries down the line. as an ohio state fan it's a sad story
  29. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,637
    Rep Power
    3759024
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    90.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Ask David Boston what being jacked means as far as football skills....

    Not saying Harvin won't be better - but the looks test doesn't mean a whole lot on the field.
    I know it doesn't necessarily equate, but it at least shows he has made an effort in the off season to improve and i really believe he needed the bulk to his frame.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  30. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,977
    Rep Power
    11040
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I know it doesn't necessarily equate, but it at least shows he has made an effort in the off season to improve and i really believe he needed the bulk to his frame.
    i agree, with his size and that frame he could possibly make a good RB now at the next level imo
  31. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9663
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I'd agree with that Bolt - I just bristled at that whole discussion because a TON of Gator fans equated the new found physique to now being a Heisman winner or something stupid.

    Edit - not this board, but sports forums.
  32. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,637
    Rep Power
    3759024
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    90.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    I'd agree with that Bolt - I just bristled at that whole discussion because a TON of Gator fans equated the new found physique to now being a Heisman winner or something stupid.

    Edit - not this board, but sports forums.
    You know how fans of teams can get. One little thing is like the whole world

    If only i could get the players at Cal to try and do something to improve....
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  33. New Member
    Gator Alum 03's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    317
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    79.82%

    Coaches Poll is out :

    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

    1. Georgia (22) 11-2 1,438 3
    2. Southern California (14) 11-2 1,430 2
    3. Ohio State (14) 11-2 1,392 4
    4. Oklahoma (3) 11-3 1,329 8
    5. Florida (5) 9-4 1,293 16
    6. LSU (3) 12-2 1,163 1
    7. Missouri 12-2 1,143 5
    8. West Virginia 11-2 1,008 6
    9. Clemson 9-4 999 22
    10. Texas 10-3 979 10
    11. Auburn 9-4 888 14t
    12. Wisconsin 9-4 747 21
    13. Kansas 12-1 714 7
    14. Texas Tech 9-4 644 23
    15. Virginia Tech 11-3 568 9
    16. Arizona State 10-3 560 13
    17. Brigham Young 11-2 547 14t
    18. Tennessee 10-4 506 12
    19. Illinois 9-4 422 18
    20. Oregon 9-4 399 24
    21. South Florida 9-4 350 NR
    22. Penn State 9-4 313 25
    23. Wake Forest 9-4 203 NR
    24. Michigan 9-4 112 19
    25. Fresno State 9-4 91 NR
    USF on there but no FSU or Miami. My how times have changed . Here's how the teams from Florida shaped up :

    5. Florida - 1,293
    21. South Florida - 350
    29. Florida State - 50
    49. Central Florida - 2
    NR. Miami, FAU, FIU - 0

    Miami had 0 votes, and 55 schools received at least one vote. Interesting.
  34. New Member
    LSU Gladiator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    173
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    27.41%

    Until our new QB proves me wrong, I'm going to talk shat like he's Vince Young.

    LSU WILL REPEAT.

    BOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo ooooYA!

    (let the flaming begin )
  35. Senior Member
    Gtarzan81's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,363
    Rep Power
    781
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    96.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post
    Coaches Poll is out :

    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm



    USF on there but no FSU or Miami. My how times have changed . Here's how the teams from Florida shaped up :

    5. Florida - 1,293
    21. South Florida - 350
    29. Florida State - 50
    49. Central Florida - 2
    NR. Miami, FAU, FIU - 0

    Miami had 0 votes, and 55 schools received at least one vote. Interesting.

    Reps to my boys from Tampa!! Go Bulls!!!
  36. New Member
    chuebner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    212
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    38.12%

    I am so glad someone started this thread...altho with all this gator talk, I am a little skeptical about claiming my GAMECOCKS!!! It just irritates me to he** that we cannot find a good quarterback for anything. Garcia might be able to turn us around, but he cannot get his **** together off the field. I simply cannot wait for us to beat Georgia again and ruined their chances at being number one.

    The greatest night of my life was standing in the middle of athens and laughing at all the dawg fans walking to their cars after the game.


    GO COCKS!!!

    and yes i do agree Florida will be a major contender this year.
  37. Advanced Member
    BingeAndPurge's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    527
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%

    Wow, what happened to the days when this thread consisted of me, RD, and JMH? Good to see a lot more people on here. Sad to see theyre all Buckeye haters.

    I didnt want to play in that nc game last year, I wanted USC in the rose bowl. Felt that was where they belonged, so you won't hear me complaining about last year's outcome.
  38. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57341
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post
    Coaches Poll is out :

    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm



    USF on there but no FSU or Miami. My how times have changed . Here's how the teams from Florida shaped up :

    5. Florida - 1,293
    21. South Florida - 350
    29. Florida State - 50
    49. Central Florida - 2
    NR. Miami, FAU, FIU - 0

    Miami had 0 votes, and 55 schools received at least one vote. Interesting.
    Amazing isn't it.

    I really think our boys have a great chance to take a run at the title. As long as our D can hold up, our offense is going to punish those in our way.

    The new percy harvin looks amazing. Adding a little bulk to that kid is going to go a long way. Chris rainey should be yet another dynamic weapon in the arsenal. The spread offense is going to be more potent than ever this year!

    As it stands, i'm going to try to be at both games against UM and LSU.

    GO GATORS!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  39. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57341
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Just as i finished typing that, i read on ESPN news that our TE cornelius Ingram tore his left ACL in practice today. He'll miss the entire season. DAMN IT!!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  40. New Member
    Gator Alum 03's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    317
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    79.82%

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Just as i finished typing that, i read on ESPN news that our TE cornelius Ingram tore his left ACL in practice today. He'll miss the entire season. DAMN IT!!!
    Yeah, it sucks. As for our offense, I think TE Aaron Hernandez is just as much of a beast (Ingram was also underutilized last year IMO), but for it to happen to Ingram the way it did sucks. Murphy, Cooper, and juco transfer Carl Moore (6'4'') will probably be called upon moreso to step it up and make plays over the middle. The good thing is that Ingram is only a few credits away from graduating, unfortunately he used up his redshirt freshman year though.

    Let's root for him and a speedy recovery. Hopefully he's back full force and healthy come NFL draft time.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 2010 College Football Season
    By plenny in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2592
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 11:19 AM
  2. 2009 College Football Season
    By OldGator in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2751
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 05:13 PM
  3. off season 2008..
    By win247 in forum Pics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 07:54 PM
  4. Football Off season log
    By pavb10 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 10:32 PM
  5. College Football Pre-Season 2007
    By jmh80 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 11:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in