College Football 2008 season

Page 2 of 40 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.48%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Damn, go Irish, I am thinking 12-0 this year

more like 4-8
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Gtarzan81 View Post
    Fixed it for ya!!
    Right......a whole lotta BULL-sh*t there.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Right......a whole lotta BULL-sh*t there.
    Hey now, I coulda made it say.....Go 'Noles baby!!!
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Hey now, I coulda made it say.....Go 'Noles baby!!!
    True.....The bulls aren't so bad actually. Definitely more tolerable than the noles!

Legendary

5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Attention Gator fans - discuss the following post I saw on a Rivals forum about your depth at safety now that junior Dorian Munroe is out for the season with an ACL tear.

I know you guys like to rip the lack of experience of The U - but I see no real differences ex-Wright in either secondary.
    You'll be playing true frosh Will Hill - we'll be playing true frosh Ramon Buchanon.

(Also saw DB John Curtis is out with an ACL tear also. What's the deal with him? I've not heard of him.))

Florida's depth at safety has taken a severe hit since the end of last season.

Jerimy Finch, the top-rated safety in the 2007 class by Rivals.com, has transferred; Jamar Hornsby was kicked off the team after he allegedly used the credit card of Ashley Slonina, the Florida student who died in a motorcycle accident in October along with former UF football player Michael Guilford; and four-star recruit Dee Finley, the sixth-best safety in the 2008 class by Rivals.com, could not make it academically and will go to prep school at Milford Academy in New York this season.

The pressure now builds on Wright, who finished fourth on the team in tackles as a freshman with 68, to become the leader at safety. Wright also had four forced fumbles and an interception.

Sophomore Ahmad Black, a converted cornerback, will be expected to see some more action at safety. He was one of the surprise performers in spring practice. Bryan Thomas might also be an option. Five-star freshman Will Hill, the top-rated athlete by Rivals.com, should also see more action since depth has become such an issue.
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

my national title prediction is the winner of UGA/UF against the winner of OSU/USC, although it's very possible for the loser of USC/OSU to run the table for the rest of the season and slip back in. SEC will be the best and big ten will be weak again. For Heisman, I think Tebow will have a great shot with such a good Florida offense, but they might hesitate to give someone the Heisman twice, so Chase Daniel, Knoswhon Moreno, and my sleeper pick, Michael Crabtree all have a shot.

here's an interesting article about the top "workout warriors"- http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...uce&id=3420212
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

graduated from auburn but a huge crimson tide fan so I'm screwed no matter the way but, I think this is ga best chance for a title...all they have to do is run the table...not an easy task but very do-able...actually I'm pulling for them this yr, somewhat.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.33%

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    graduated from auburn but a huge crimson tide fan so I'm screwed no matter the way but, I think this is ga best chance for a title...all they have to do is run the table...not an easy task but very do-able...actually I'm pulling for them this yr, somewhat.

Thanks for the support (somewhat)....go dawgs!!

It will be interesting at the end of the year to see if either Knowshon or Stafford will leave early. Either way, GA is pretty well set with Caleb King (who some say is better than Knowshon) to run the ball. And QB Logan Gray is possibly a better passer than Stafford, but with better legs.

I'm also looking forward to seeing if GA's true freshman receiver can live up to the hype.

Gotta be honest, I don't really know much about the depth of the other teams in the SEC. But I do believe that the SEC is teh conference to beat. The ACC has made some good strides though in the past few seasons. Clemson will be a team to watch this year.

On a side note, even if OSU runs the table this year, I believe they should be banned from the title game just based on their past two year's performance.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.61%

That's terrible bro. At least I can claim I'm not that bad - Tennessee grad but grew up a Hurricanes fan in south Florida. (Miami doesn't have engineering so was forced to go somewhere else for undergrad.)

But - the Iron Bowl? Man alive.

Not sure I agree. I'm taking a wait and see approach with the Dawgs early on in the season. If they can make it through - maybe, just maybe.
    But for all the hype last year - they didn't win their half of the SEC...
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.61%

Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    Gotta be honest, I don't really know much about the depth of the other teams in the SEC. But I do believe that the SEC is teh conference to beat. The ACC has made some good strides though in the past few seasons. Clemson will be a team to watch this year.

On a side note, even if OSU runs the table this year, I believe they should be banned from the title game just based on their past two year's performance.
    As I've mentioned in this thread - the Gator secondary is paper thin. Tennessee is pretty young - new QB. Dunno about S. Carolina.
    Those are your 4 contenders for the SEC East title.

Agree with you on OSU. I'm tired of them going in and losing. It's getting retarded.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    That's terrible bro. At least I can claim I'm not that bad - Tennessee grad but grew up a Hurricanes fan in south Florida. (Miami doesn't have engineering so was forced to go somewhere else for undergrad.)

But - the Iron Bowl? Man alive.

Not sure I agree. I'm taking a wait and see approach with the Dawgs early on in the season. If they can make it through - maybe, just maybe.
    But for all the hype last year - they didn't win their half of the SEC...
    yes, I am getting tired of eating porridge and ketchup every single year. It's this bet thing me and my fiance have going..she's a big Auburn fan and we bet...the fan of the team that loses the Iron Bowl has to eat a disgusting dish and every year it is porridge and ketchup...gosh awful

Ga is what now? number 2? I have not checked in a few weeks...preseason polling means everything when your in need of every thing going your way....I dunno, but I suspect if they run the table, but that's a BIG IF...that schedule is brutal. I'd hate to see them go and-0 then get the royal screwing.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.99%

Did everyone forget the Buckeyes won the national title a few years back?????????? They beat USC they deserve it again
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.33%

yes, I am getting tired of eating porridge and ketchup every single year. It's this bet thing me and my fiance have going..she's a big Auburn fan and we bet...the fan of the team that loses the Iron Bowl has to eat a disgusting dish and every year it is porridge and ketchup...gosh awful

Ga is what now? number 2? I have not checked in a few weeks...preseason polling means everything when your in need of every thing going your way....I dunno, but I suspect if they run the table, but that's a BIG IF...that schedule is brutal. I'd hate to see them go and-0 then get the royal screwing.

Last poll I saw on ESPN had GA number 1, they've been fluctuating between 1 and 2.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%

Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Did everyone forget the Buckeyes won the national title a few years back?????????? They beat USC they deserve it again
    Sorry, but frankly i'm tired of watching them get pounded by an SEC tream in the title game.

My gators in 2006 laid a whoppin' on them that i'll never forget.

Legendary

15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

All I'm saying is:
    Gainesville really= GHEY'sville
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%

All I'm saying is:
    Gainesville really= GHEY'sville
    Don't you talk about title town usa like that!

It's better than Talla-has been-ee!

Legendary

17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.99%

Gators laid a whippin on the Bucks two years ago, but it was nice to see the Wolverines kick some Gator butt last year
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%

Gators laid a whippin on the Bucks two years ago, but it was nice to see the Wolverines kick some Gator butt last year
    Yeah our defense looked lethargic and hungover......which they probably were. Oh well, on to 2008!

I just had to do this brother haha!

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Legendary

19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%

Legendary

20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.99%

With all the problems the Gators had with little Mike Hart I don't think they would handle Big Beanie Wells very well.
    And if Wells stays for his senior year like he says and you put Pryor in at QB, well you guys will be seeing alot of Buckeyes in the championship games for a while
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%

With all the problems the Gators had with little Mike Hart I don't think they would handle Big Beanie Wells very well.
    And if Wells stays for his senior year like he says and you put Pryor in at QB, well you guys will be seeing alot of Buckeyes in the championship games for a while
    I really don't think mike hart made any significant difference in that game at all. If florida's d had held up, that game wouldn't have even been close.

Ohio state talked a BIG game also before the 2006 BCS game, and look what happened. The smaller, faster, and more dynamic Florida team blew them out 41-14.

I think it would be funny seeing the buckeyes show up in the national championship game, and yet again get destroyed by an SEC team.

I'll tell you this much, IF florida's defense can hold its own this year, they will make a run at the title yet again. Florida's offense is imo the best and most dynamic in college football this year. You can be assured they will score all over the place.

Legendary

22. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%

Damn, what I would give to be the weather man on that show!!

But yeah, I remember when all the talk the UUUUUUUUU did towards Alabama before the National championship game back in the day: "They'll never score on us", "all they are is defense","There offense is horrid"

Then the tide preceded to dismantle them.

LOL
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%

But yeah, I remember when all the talk the UUUUUUUUU did towards Alabama before the National championship game back in the day: "They'll never score on us", "all they are is defense","There offense is horrid"

LOL
    Yeah that's a job every guy would be all over!

Glad i could contribute it to the thread haha.

Legendary

24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.61%

LOL
    I'll continue to give you guys credit for beating the crap out of us.

Kind of funny that Rammer Jammer fans TOTALLY forget the '90 Sugar Bowl in which Miami won it's 3rd national title by beating said Tide.

In the end - we are 1-1 in championship games. I have no beef with Bama fans.

Now - OSU fans are another story.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.61%

I really don't think mike hart made any significant difference in that game at all. If florida's d had held up, that game wouldn't have even been close.

Ohio state talked a BIG game also before the 2006 BCS game, and look what happened. The smaller, faster, and more dynamic Florida team blew them out 41-14.

I think it would be funny seeing the buckeyes show up in the national championship game, and yet again get destroyed by an SEC team.

I'll tell you this much, IF florida's defense can hold its own this year, they will make a run at the title yet again. Florida's offense is imo the best and most dynamic in college football this year. You can be assured they will score all over the place.
    Core midwestern values (true phrase I saw on Bucknuts once) won't allow them to acknowledge that they've gotten seriously out coached in those 2 championship games.

Meyer carved their D up and so did Gary Croton from LSU.
    I didn't know LSU even had a tight end and all of sudden he's running free down the field against them all night.

Tressell has fallen a notch with those last 2 bowl games in my mind.

(To be fair - he was never high in my book, but that's immaterial.)
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%

Core midwestern values (true phrase I saw on Bucknuts once) won't allow them to acknowledge that they've gotten seriously out coached in those 2 championship games.

I didn't know LSU even had a tight end and all of sudden he's running free down the field against them all night.

They were clearly out coached in every aspect.....in BOTH games. Tressell was never anything special to me either.

Meyer knows the spead offense and does it well.

Legendary

27. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

agree 100% on him being outcoached in both games, especially the florida game, and this is coming from an OSU fan. they needed to make some SERIOUS defensive adjustments to slow florida down, and never did, and they also just were not mentally prepared whatsoever. as for last year's game against LSU, I pretty much penciled LSU in as the national champs after their game against VT in the 2nd week...that team was beyond talented. From an OSU fan's perspective, the florida game was devastating, just an absolute sh1tting of the bed, whereas I wasn't completely upset about last year, I felt LSU was better. OSU was quite young last year and most of us didn't really expect them to be there and also didn't really deserve it....they just sorta got pushed in by all the late season losses ahead of them. that's the 2 cents of someone without "core midwestern values", lol.

ok, you guys can carry on your buckeye bashing, but i'll be watching :bruce2:
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%

I'm really not trying to buckeye bash, but they deserve the bashing they do get. Florida smoked them bad, however you'll never hear them admit that. Frankly, i'm just tired of hearing about ohio state. The SEC clearly has their number.

Lets keep this civil though guys. A little smack talking is allowed though. Just wait until UM vs. UF this year. JMH and I will be at it. ....However, in a friendly way!.....haha

J, make sure you hit me up before that game!

Legendary

29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.61%

Quote Originally Posted by warnerve View Post
    ok, you guys can carry on your buckeye bashing, but i'll be watching :bruce2:
    I'm done bashing you guys as it hearkens back to the last time we played.
    We aren't rivals in any sense. No point in it.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.61%

I'm really not trying to buckeye bash, but they deserve the bashing they do get. Florida smoked them bad, however you'll never hear them admit that. Frankly, i'm just tired of hearing about ohio state. The SEC clearly has their number.

Lets keep this civil though guys. A little smack talking is allowed though. Just wait until UM vs. UF this year. JMH and I will be at it. ....However, in a friendly way!.....haha

J, make sure you hit me up before that game!
    There were a few excuses on Bucknuts after the UF game. To be fair - a good number acknowledged the beatdown they got.

They didn't - and won't - come to admit that Sweater got out coached. From what I can tell, he's Bear Bryant. (Dunno why - but that's not my place to say.)

I will man. I gotta go to the Canes tailgate for a while, since I moderate a forum. My brother lives there so I don't know if he's got people he wants to see - doubt I'm going with him as he's scuzz.

I should have time to meet up with you some time - night before, pre game, or post game.

I'm not talking smack over the internet. I like doing it to little scrawny guys on liquid courage - like Tripdog.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%

There were a few excuses on Bucknuts after the UF game. To be fair - a good number acknowledged the beatdown they got.

They didn't - and won't - come to admit that Sweater got out coached. From what I can tell, he's Bear Bryant. (Dunno why - but that's not my place to say.)

I will man. I gotta go to the Canes tailgate for a while, since I moderate a forum. My brother lives there so I don't know if he's got people he wants to see - doubt I'm going with him as he's scuzz.

I should have time to meet up with you some time - night before, pre game, or post game.

I'm not talking smack over the internet. I like doing it to little scrawny guys on liquid courage - like Tripdog.
    We'll find time to chill and have a beer.

Man....low blow J. I let my irish side do the talking, and it NEVER lets me down!

Legendary

32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.61%

I don't drink - but that's not a big deal.

I've mellowed since my Dad died. Things I thought were a big deal now aren't. In year's past I would have let some stupid macho thing get in the way of talking to a Gator or Nole. Man I was a retard when I was younger.
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%

I don't drink - but that's not a big deal.

I've mellowed since my Dad died. Things I thought were a big deal now aren't. In year's past I would have let some stupid macho thing get in the way of talking to a Gator or Nole. Man I was a retard when I was younger.
    No problem brother. I was an azz in my younger days as well. I enjoy good conversation regardless.

Legendary

34. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.99%

Why is Tressel rated like he is? LOOK AT HIS RECORD, 5-2 in national champ games. Maybe USC has a better coach but that's it.
    Like someone wrote, they should no have been in national champ game last year. 2year ago they lost their defense in the draft, last year they lost their offense to the draft. This year they are primed and ready
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%

Why is Tressel rated like he is? LOOK AT HIS RECORD, 5-2 in national champ games. Maybe USC has a better coach but that's it.
    Like someone wrote, they should no have been in national champ game last year. 2year ago they lost their defense in the draft, last year they lost their offense to the draft. This year they are primed and ready
    So you're yet ANOTHER buckeye fan that can't admit meyer out coached and whooped their azz in 2006......please.....

Legendary

36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.33%

which SEC will be the one to do it to OSU this year?
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%

which SEC will be the one to do it to OSU this year?
    LOL

I know you're a bulldog........booooooo!!!! However, Go SEC!!

Are you going to be at the florida/georgia game this year brother?

Legendary

38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.33%

Nah...I doubt very seriously I'll be at that game, I wish they'd go back to a home/away rotation for that one.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.64%

Nah...I doubt very seriously I'll be at that game, I wish they'd go back to a home/away rotation for that one.
    Agreed - But it is kinda cool having a neutral field though.

Legendary

40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.33%

I'd rather see the neutral field be the Georgia dome in Atlanta...then we'd see if the UF fans thought it was such a neutral site.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2010 College Football Season
    By plenny in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2592
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 11:19 AM
  2. 2009 College Football Season
    By OldGator in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2751
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 05:13 PM
  3. off season 2008..
    By win247 in forum Pics
    Replies: 3