2008 NFL predictions

Page 6 of 12 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. god damn my team the vikings r getting there asses handed

2. Watch out for the Broncos. Our offense is unstoppable, and if we can get our defense to gel(pash rush and run stop) there will a new dominant power in the league.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
    i was just talking about nfc south. Unless brees and vilma get hurt, we're golden
    I wouldn't be overlooking the bucs too much here......

Their defense has been fairly impressive. The offense is also starting to gel. Ernest Graham has looked VERY impressive in these first two weeks.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

4. My pats also looked pretty good yesterday. Offense played a solid game with no mistakes. The defense made some big plays. It looks as though so far the adjustments are being made well. I truly believe with each week cassel will improve and become more relaxed in the role.

Beating a jet-lead favre is a fairly impressive first win feat.

Legendary

5. Quote Originally Posted by Sir Foxx View Post
    Watch out for the Broncos. Our offense is unstoppable, and if we can get our defense to gel(pash rush and run stop) there will a new dominant power in the league.
    I agree...they looked good. Cutler will be a top tier quarterback after this year. He's just oozing talent. Shanahan has balls of steel as well. Not many coaches would call for a 2 point conversion there, though I believe it was the right choice.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    My pats also looked pretty good yesterday. Offense played a solid game with no mistakes. The defense made some big plays. It looks as though so far the adjustments are being made well. I truly believe with each week cassel will improve and become more relaxed in the role.

Beating a jet-lead favre is a fairly impressive first win feat.
    The Pats look good, but I thought there were situations where they needed to put a little more on Cassel's shoulders (3 straight runs on the goalline). However, I was impressed with his play.

7. In what has been an incredible game so far, I just saw the dumbest play by a receiver ever. Deshon Jackson of the Eagles decided to celebrate before crossing the goal line after receiving a nice pass from McNab with a premature spike. Lucky for him they did manage to get the TD. I think the ghost of Leon Lett got into him.

:bruce3:

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    In what has been an incredible game so far, I just saw the dumbest play by a receiver ever. Deshon Jackson of the Eagles decided to celebrate before crossing the goal line after receiving a nice pass from McNab with a premature spike. Lucky for him they did manage to get the TD. I think the ghost of Leon Lett got into him.

Amazing game. Both teams look good. If they Cowboys can limit their mistakes (turnovers/penalties), I don't think any team can run with them.

9. Forget anyone in the NFC that's not in the East Division,3 of those teams will make the playoffs.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Forget anyone in the NFC that's not in the East Division,3 of those teams will make the playoffs.
    Agreed. I think Green Bay will also be a top tier team again this year. Looking forward to another shootout vs Dallas on Sunday night.

11. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Amazing game. Both teams look good. If they Cowboys can limit their mistakes (turnovers/penalties), I don't think any team can run with them.
    Don't discount Carolina, I don't think we've seen the best from them yet.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Sir Foxx View Post
    Watch out for the Broncos. Our offense is unstoppable, and if we can get our defense to gel(pash rush and run stop) there will a new dominant power in the league.
    Niceee, a fellow Bronco fan. Every game, Cutler is making the Titans hate Vince Young that much more. If the Bronco D of old can be even semi replicated, the Broncos will be top 2 or 3 favorites to go to the Super Bowl.

13. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I agree...they looked good. Cutler will be a top tier quarterback after this year. He's just oozing talent. Shanahan has balls of steel as well. Not many coaches would call for a 2 point conversion there, though I believe it was the right choice.

The Bronco's should have lost on Sunday. Two very poor calls.

14. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Agreed. I think Green Bay will also be a top tier team again this year. Looking forward to another shootout vs Dallas on Sunday night.
    Aaron is in over his head on this one.
    Dallas: 35
    GB: 13

15. I have to agree with GTarzan, he's not playing the Lions this week. The Falcons fell back down to earth this week after realizing that

16. They need to hope to god that Grant wasn't living off of the fact that he rarely saw 8 men in the box with Favre under center. If they can't establish Grant as a viable threat, I don't think Rodgers can keep this up the whole season. He has the tools to manage games, but they need a running game (especially when its starts getting dicey weather wise up at Lambeau)

17. Quote Originally Posted by Gtarzan81 View Post
    Aaron is in over his head on this one.
    Dallas: 35
    GB: 13
    If Grant can get healthy and play well it may not be that much of a blowout. However, if Aaron is seeing a lot of 3rd and longs, hes going to take serious beatings from Demarcus and Greg.

Also, the Cowboys secondary is leaps and bounds better than last year. You not have seen it against the Eagles, but I think if the McNabb played that amazingly against the boys with last years secondary the Eagles would have easily won that game.

18. Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    The Bronco's should have lost on Sunday. Two very poor calls.
    The Chargers could have stopped Denver on 3rd and 11, 4th and 4 or the two point conversion. Bad calls happen, they had 4 plays to make the bad call not matter, they didn't, Denver wins.

19. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Niceee, a fellow Bronco fan. Every game, Cutler is making the Titans hate Vince Young that much more. If the Bronco D of old can be even semi replicated, the Broncos will be top 2 or 3 favorites to go to the Super Bowl.

If we can a pass rush going, the rest of the league better watch out.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Sir Foxx View Post
    If we can a pass rush going, the rest of the league better watch out.
    Dummerville is dirty. I miss Williams at MLB though, so much better.

21. we will see you at mile high on sunday!
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe

22. Wow the Patriots are getting their asses kicked by Miami. Didn't see that one coming.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Wow the Patriots are getting their asses kicked by Miami. Didn't see that one coming.

That'll teach me to start Matt Cassel!

24. My boys are getting beat up in Philly but are still in the game. Update, they freakin lost, oh well. I must say though this is the best and most exiting early season in a while, everything is wide open. Some great comebacks and near comebacks.

25. Damn, my pats got whopped by the fish, and even in New England. My buddy is never going to let me live this one down.

Legendary

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. PREDICTIONS FOR WILD CARD WEEKEND IN THE NFL
    By Fastone in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 11:22 AM
  2. Make you 2007 NFL predictions
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 01:34 PM