2008 NFL predictions

Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I dont know if it was dirty. I watched the many, many replays and Pollard had someone on his back and he saw that Brady still had the ball.

    I can see where someonbe could think it was though. Tough hit
    Pollard certainly wasn't in the slightest convincing of his apparent "apology" to brady and his coaching staff in post game interviews imo.

    I know opinions will certainly differ here, but imo it was a dirty hit all the way and pollard certainly knows it was.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  2. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pa.
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    835

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Pollard certainly wasn't in the slightest convincing of his apparent "apology" to brady and his coaching staff in post game interviews imo.

    I know opinions will certainly differ here, but imo it was a dirty hit all the way and pollard certainly knows it was.
    I got to see some more in depth shots of the play. I still say that it might have deserved a flag but, I don't think it was malicious to the extent that Pollard Intentionally hurt him. Pollard was intent on making a play after being blocked to the ground. It is however, further illustration of how fortunate and resilient Bret Favre has been and Peyton Manning to a lesser degree.


    :bruce3:
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    I got to see some more in depth shots of the play. I still say that it might have deserved a flag but, I don't think it was malicious to the extent that Pollard Intentionally hurt him. Pollard was intent on making a play after being blocked to the ground. It is however, further illustration of how fortunate and resilient Bret Favre has been and Peyton Manning to a lesser degree.


    :bruce3:
    gotta agree, I dont think it was an intentional to hurt play, but I agree it deserved a flag.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    People will see this different all around. I've watched that clip 20x at least. The bottom line here is you don't jump at or attempt to tackle people at the knees. I don't care if you're on the ground or not, it's still wrong. If anything, these type of actions draw serious concern to the overall intent.

    We'll never know the true intentions overall anyway, but i think its pretty apparent in my mind that pollard had absolutely no remorse in his interview statements. The fact that tom brady himself hasn't acknowledged the "apology" speaks volumes in my mind. People may hate brady, but the guy is a class act all the way.

    It's just really sh*tty to see something like that happen 20 minutes into the start of a season. I put all my support in cassell now. It will be a challenge here, but if anyone can do it the pats can.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  5. Registered User
    plenny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    "THE COAL REGION"..PA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    49613

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    In observation of some other games

    1. Chad should have kept his Johnson, the Bengals are Ocho Stinko

    2. Tom Brady hurt but Pats sill win. Until the extent of the injury is known, not a big deal

    3. Watch out for Philly, McNab and crew look very sharp (my boys see them in week 3)

    4. Atlanta in surprisingly easy win over Detroit.

    5. Buffalo, don't sleep on them

    6. Jets win but ran out of gas towards the end of the game, came close to losing.

    7. Tennesee slapped Jacksonville around, somewhat of a surprise.

    8. Saints overcome Gustav and Tampa Bay in one week.

    Can't wait for the rest of the games, Good opening day

    :bruce3:
    #3.........eagles played the rams for cryin out loud. (poss. worse deffense in football)..wait till "my boys" get em next mon. nite in dallas.:bb3:
  6. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pa.
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    835

    Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    #3.........eagles played the rams for cryin out loud. (poss. worse deffense in football)..wait till "my boys" get em next mon. nite in dallas.:bb3:
    Looking forward to that one, typical NFC East battle. The Eagles also had 2nd string receivers in there. What was impressive was the precision by which they carved the rams up. Actually, I don't particularly care for the Eagles and hope the Cowboys at least tire them out next week. It will be a key game for both.

    Hey Trauma, as far as Brady is concerned, think about it. If you were laying there on the ground with your season in question, would you at that time acknowledge anything but the pain in your knee?


    :bruce3:
  7. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Looking forward to that one, typical NFC East battle. The Eagles also had 2nd string receivers in there. What was impressive was the precision by which they carved the rams up. Actually, I don't particularly care for the Eagles and hope the Cowboys at least tire them out next week. It will be a key game for both.

    Hey Trauma, as far as Brady is concerned, think about it. If you were laying there on the ground with your season in question, would you at that time acknowledge anything but the pain in your knee?


    :bruce3:
    Fast, did you see the clip? When exactly did he "apologize" for the lame hit like he alluded too initially? He got right up and walked away while brady lie on the ground.

    I've read this "apology" was actually given after the fact, not when it actually happened on the field.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    People will see this different all around. I've watched that clip 20x at least. The bottom line here is you don't jump at or attempt to tackle people at the knees. I don't care if you're on the ground or not, it's still wrong. If anything, these type of actions draw serious concern to the overall intent.

    We'll never know the true intentions overall anyway, but i think its pretty apparent in my mind that pollard had absolutely no remorse in his interview statements. The fact that tom brady himself hasn't acknowledged the "apology" speaks volumes in my mind. People may hate brady, but the guy is a class act all the way.

    It's just really sh*tty to see something like that happen 20 minutes into the start of a season. I put all my support in cassell now. It will be a challenge here, but if anyone can do it the pats can.
    I will say this, even though I dislike the Pats, it is for the same reason many dislike my Yankees, and to me Brady is like Jeter. Even if you dislike the team you actually like and respect their leader. It is crappy to see him out so quickly
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Fast, did you see the clip? When exactly did he "apologize" for the lame hit like he alluded too initially? He got right up and walked away while brady lie on the ground.

    I've read this "apology" was actually given after the fact, not when it actually happened on the field.
    I do think that Pollard shouldnt apologize on the field, as there is no way to know the extent to any injury. However, Herm Edwards came out and said that as soon as Pollard got to the sidelines he told her "Coach, it was an accident", or something to that extent. Take that for what its worth of course
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  10. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pa.
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    835

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Fast, did you see the clip? When exactly did he "apologize" for the lame hit like he alluded too initially? He got right up and walked away while brady lie on the ground.

    I've read this "apology" was actually given after the fact, not when it actually happened on the field.

    That may be true, only he and Tom Brady knows what really happened.


    :bruce3:
  11. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    That may be true, only he and Tom Brady knows what really happened.


    :bruce3:
    I can agree to that. It's just a damn shame.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  12. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pa.
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    835

    I don't know if anybody's watching but OMFG the Raiders SUCK. Never seen a Raiders team that couldn't get up for their *****ry with the Broncos. It's 24-0 in the 3rd and the raiders are laying there like a whipped rented mule. The game is in Oakland btw


    :bruce3:
  13. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    I don't know if anybody's watching but OMFG the Raiders SUCK. Never seen a Raiders team that couldn't get up for their *****ry with the Broncos. It's 24-0 in the 3rd and the raiders are laying there like a whipped rented mule. The game is in Oakland btw


    :bruce3:
    You aren't kidding, they're aweful......

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  14. Registered User
    IainDaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    250

    But how about Aaron Rodgers..... He looked solid.
  15. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pa.
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    835

    Yes he did, there's no reason why he shouldn't have despite the extra pressure put on him in the press. That being said, you know he will probably unfairly get crucified when he has his first bad game especially if Brett smokes someone that Sunday.


    On another note, as bad as the Raiders were was as good as the Broncos and Jay Cutler played in the other game.

    :bruce3:
  16. Registered User
    BULLDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Detroit
    Age
    55
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    190

    This was bound to happen to Brady sooner or later the guy is the most immobile qb in the league. Off lne was starting to show leaks last year as the Giants almost killed Brady. The hit was not cheap at all.
  17. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    This was bound to happen to Brady sooner or later the guy is the most immobile qb in the league. Off lne was starting to show leaks last year as the Giants almost killed Brady. The hit was not cheap at all.
    That is not true at all. Brady has some of the best movement within the pocket of any quarterback in the NFL.

    What's crazy is that the Jets are favored by 2.5 over the Patriots. I'm betting the bank on the Pats.
  18. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    This was bound to happen to Brady sooner or later the guy is the most immobile qb in the league. Off lne was starting to show leaks last year as the giants almost killed Brady. The hit was not cheap at all.

    Wow.......quite an eye you have for football there.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  19. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    That is not true at all. Brady has some of the best movement within the pocket of any quarterback in the NFL.

    What's crazy is that the Jets are favored by 2.5 over the Patriots. I'm betting the bank on the Pats.
    Agreed - It was a typical inflammatory brady hater statement. The pats have a challenge in front of them, but i think they can make the adjustments to still salvage a good season.

    Your boys looked pretty good this past weekend as well. I can't stand T.O. with a passion, but romo looked very sharp.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  20. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Your boys looked pretty good this past weekend as well. I can't stand T.O. with a passion, but romo looked very sharp.
    Yeah, they did look good. The score could've very well been 45-10 if they didn't start pounding in the early 4th quarter and didn't stop.

    TO was penalized for being TO hardcore that game:

    1- The officials didn't review his TD with under 2 minutes left in the half.

    2- The officials negated a huge gain by calling offensive pass interference when all he did was swipe away the defenders hands that were on him. If anything it was defensive holding or defensive pass interference.

    3- They called a 15 yd penalty for a low key, non-intrusive TD celebration. Lambeau leaps are more disruptive than that. Probably as soon as TO does one of those, the NFL will start throwing 15 yd flags for those.
  21. Registered User
    BULLDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Detroit
    Age
    55
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    190

    Agree on TO the NFL seems to hate him for some reason. Yeah he's outspoken but he's never been in trouble with the law or any of that other junk.
    Not a Brady hater but he couldn't move when he played here in Ann Arbor, it just a fact
  22. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Not a Brady hater but he couldn't move when he played here in Ann Arbor, it just a fact
    Brady is the king of taking half a step to the side while a DE goes flying past him. I'm not saying he moves well, but his ability to feel the pass rush and manuever around it is unmatched.
  23. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Agree on TO the NFL seems to hate him for some reason. Yeah he's outspoken but he's never been in trouble with the law or any of that other junk.
    Yeah. He's actually a team leader now and mentors the younger receivers. He also does quite a bit of charity work on the side, and even helped save a guy during an accident in the off season. I'm not defending the way he acts when he hates his team, but he does well when he's in the right environment.
  24. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pa.
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    835

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Agree on TO the NFL seems to hate him for some reason. Yeah he's outspoken but he's never been in trouble with the law or any of that other junk.
    Not a Brady hater but he couldn't move when he played here in Ann Arbor, it just a fact
    I'm not exactly Brady's biggest fan but there's no doubt that he is miles ahead of where he was playing in Mich.

    On the T.O thing, you can love him or hate him but one thing cannot be disputed, he lives a clean life, is always ready to play and is very giving of his time and money to help those who are less fortunate. He just loves him some him.


    :bruce3:
  25. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    He just loves him some him.:lol
    He's learning to be a good teammate....look at the book he wrote!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  26. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Rep Power
    13066

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    This was bound to happen to Brady sooner or later the guy is the most immobile qb in the league. Off lne was starting to show leaks last year as the Giants almost killed Brady. The hit was not cheap at all.
    He's not a good scrambler but the man has great pocket awareness and good mobility within the pocket. The same thing was true of Joe Montana but you can't compare these guys with scramblers because we'd be saying the same thing about all QB's who can't scramble

    I didn't think the hit was cheap, sh!t happens when you play football and body's begin flying at 100 mph. Important intangibles like quick release and quick (but smart) decisions are just as important. That's why guys like Peyton Manning are very successful although you'll rarely see him scramble for a first down.
  27. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Rep Power
    13066

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    I don't know if anybody's watching but OMFG the Raiders SUCK. Never seen a Raiders team that couldn't get up for their *****ry with the Broncos. It's 24-0 in the 3rd and the raiders are laying there like a whipped rented mule. The game is in Oakland btw


    :bruce3:
    Dude, I was at the game ! My best friend is a Raiders fan and he got tickets. I think my friend lost 1 year of his life from Monday's frustration LOL. The Raiders are an internal mess that can't get it together. Lane Kiffin is praying to get fired so that Al Davis will be forced to pay him out. Rob Ryan (defensive coordinator) practically doesn't talk to Kiffin because he's Al Davis' boy. The O-Line looks is in worse shape than a 50 year old washed up hooker and the receivers won't give Russell much help.

    I'm a 49ers fan so I don't have a better situation with my team
  28. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pa.
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    835

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    Dude, I was at the game ! My best friend is a Raiders fan and he got tickets. I think my friend lost 1 year of his life from Monday's frustration LOL. The Raiders are an internal mess that can't get it together. Lane Kiffin is praying to get fired so that Al Davis will be forced to pay him out. Rob Ryan (defensive coordinator) practically doesn't talk to Kiffin because he's Al Davis' boy. The O-Line looks is in worse shape than a 50 year old washed up hooker and the receivers won't give Russell much help.

    I'm a 49ers fan so I don't have a better situation with my team

    It's a shame to see two of the leagues great franchises in such sad shape. But, the cycle comes and goes, so you just have to wait it out.

    :bruce3:
  29. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Rep Power
    13066

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    In observation of some other games

    1. Chad should have kept his Johnson, the Bengals are Ocho Stinko

    2. Tom Brady hurt but Pats sill win. Until the extent of the injury is known, not a big deal

    3. Watch out for Philly, McNab and crew look very sharp (my boys see them in week 3)

    4. Atlanta in surprisingly easy win over Detroit.

    5. Buffalo, don't sleep on them

    6. Jets win but ran out of gas towards the end of the game, came close to losing.

    7. Tennesee slapped Jacksonville around, somewhat of a surprise.

    8. Saints overcome Gustav and Tampa Bay in one week.

    Can't wait for the rest of the games, Good opening day

    :bruce3:
    Very good analysis. I'd like to add the following

    1. Carolina surprised the hell out of me. I see the Chargers as a Super Bowl contender and now their pyshce will be tested after losing the opener at home and losing Lights Out for the year. This is possibly the second most important injury so far behind Brady's IMO.

    2. The Bears dominated the Colts in their brand new stadium. Forte looked awesome. The monster's of the midway looked like they did in 2006 when they went to the Super Bowl.

    3. The Broncos: I wasn't surprised that they won but I was surprised about the way they won. The game ended at 41-14 but it wasn't that close. The Raiders got pity TD's in the 4th quarter and Denver didn't even show up in the 4th quarter. We're about to find out if Denver is really good or if they beat up on a vastly overrated Raiders team.
  30. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    1. Carolina surprised the hell out of me. I see the Chargers as a Super Bowl contender and now their pyshce will be tested after losing the opener at home and losing Lights Out for the year. This is possibly the second most important injury so far behind Brady's IMO.
    Lights out is going to hurt bad. Sean Phillips is only as good as he is because teams focus on stopping lights out. Now Phillips will be the focus....any idea if they got a good number 3 OLB? If they don't they're screwed. Their 3-4 relies on pressure to the QB.
  31. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Rep Power
    13066

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Lights out is going to hurt bad. Sean Phillips is only as good as he is because teams focus on stopping lights out. Now Phillips will be the focus....any idea if they got a good number 3 OLB? If they don't they're screwed. Their 3-4 relies on pressure to the QB.
    I forgot the name of Merriman's backup but they did call him "Baby Lights Out" so we'll see if he lives up to the name. The Chargers should be happy if they get 10 sacks out of a backup OLB. Interesting to see how things will work out. The Chargers got off to a slow start last year and losing their defensive LT makes everyone's job that much harder.

    We'll see if Norv Turner has the head coaching ability to get the Chargers through this. Many have questioned his head coaching ability and see him as just a good OC.
  32. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    As much as i HATE seeing brady hurt for the year, my full support goes with matt cassell. Just as brady stepped up years ago with the bledsoe injury, this is a chance for cassell to prove himself as a leader with the team. I was fairly impressed with his performance last week, however much work needs to be done.

    It's good that at least he had a decent amount of playing time in the preseason. While i'm not sure that makes a huge difference, i think it gives him a bit more confidence with the offensive scheme overall.

    These patriots have some serious talent surrounding the offense as a whole, but in reality it all begins with effective leadership and the ability to make good decisions.....a brady trademark. Time will tell, but i believe that the pats offense has great depth allowing them to adjust to cassell's strengths and make it work. I can't think of having a better tutor all these years than brady.

    GO PATS!!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  33. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Rep Power
    13066

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    As much as i HATE seeing brady hurt for the year, my full support goes with matt cassell. Just as brady stepped up years ago with the bledsoe injury, this is a chance for cassell to prove himself as a leader with the team. I was fairly impressed with his performance last week, however much work needs to be done.

    It's good that at least he had a decent amount of playing time in the preseason. While i'm not sure that makes a huge difference, i think it gives him a bit more confidence with the offensive scheme overall.

    These patriots have some serious talent surrounding the offense as a whole, but in reality it all begins with effective leadership and the ability to make good decisions.....a brady trademark. Time will tell, but i believe that the pats offense has great depth allowing them to adjust to cassell's strengths and make it work. I can't think of having a better tutor all these years than brady.

    GO PATS!!!
    That offensive talent surrounding him along with a great coaching staff helps a ton. The biggest challenge will be keeping defenders off him, he should expect massive amounts of blitzing this week, which gives him an opportiunity to make big plays.
  34. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    That offensive talent surrounding him along with a great coaching staff helps a ton. The biggest challenge will be keeping defenders off him, he should expect massive amounts of blitzing this week, which gives him an opportiunity to make big plays.
    Agreed. The offensive line will play a HUGE role in his initial success/failure. If he is able to be fairly well protected, the ability to make those good decisions increases significantly. Whether or not that will happen is yet to be seen. Some QB's don't make good decisions regardless.

    I expect to see quite a few screen passes and quick out patterns to get him comfortable initially. I did like his guts though hitting moss with the bomb last week deep in their own territory.

    Get well soon brady!!!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  35. Registered User
    thaOrleanyte's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,400
    Rep Power
    9105

    saints will take nfc south.... i can see us playing dallas for nfc champs. that will be a tough one
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe
  36. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pa.
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    835

    Quote Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
    saints will take nfc south.... i can see us playing dallas for nfc champs. that will be a tough one

    Little early to make that prediction. My rule of thumb is to wait at least until the 1st 8 games have been played. There have been many great 1st or even 5th games that have been played only to find that team (Detroit to name one) out of the playoffs a few weeks later. I think the Saints have an excellent team but alot remains to be seen.

    :bruce3:
  37. Registered User
    thaOrleanyte's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,400
    Rep Power
    9105

    true.... but who do we have to worry about besides tampa....really.
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe
  38. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
    true.... but who do we have to worry about besides tampa....really.
    Philly, Green Bay, New York, Carolina looking good, Chicago may have a good year. I agree that its way too early to tell.

    Dallas and Pittsburgh are the only teams I'd go on record now as playoff teams.
  39. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    I agree Rob, and I wouldnt be surprised to see the Steelers whoop up on the Boys in the Super Bowl <I had to say it >
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  40. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I agree Rob, and I wouldnt be surprised to see the Steelers whoop up on the Boys in the Super Bowl <I had to say it >
    It would surprise me! We'll get a preview of that game during the regular season this year! Go Cowboys!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Alves vs GSP (UFC 100) Predictions?
    By Flyers2385 in forum MMA
    Replies: 272
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 04:28 PM
  2. New predictions
    By mindgame in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 07:42 PM
  3. 2008 Predictions
    By Totality in forum Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 06:59 PM
  4. NFL 07 Predictions
    By lilkev42 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 07:37 PM
  5. NBA Predictions
    By max-rot98 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 11:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in