2008 NFL predictions

Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last

1. As the NFL goes nowadays last years worst could be this years surprise playoff team. btw, the Patriots last year was this generations Titantic and the Giants perfectly illustrated the "any given day" mantra.

:bruce3:

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    As the NFL goes nowadays last years worst could be this years surprise playoff team. btw, the Patriots last year was this generations Titantic and the Giant perfectly illustrated the "any given day" mantra.

thats right thanks for the giants love! they werent afraid of them and did exactly what teams should have been doing...going straight at them. looking at ur avatar ur a steelers fan? if i was in the AFC i would be extremely worried about them this year. they r gonna do alot of damage
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Hard Knox View Post
    Ha ha, your wrong about the Dolphins my friend. I'm not a Dolphins fan, but you can quote me on this, " The Dolphins will be considered the most improved team in football @ .500 +." They have alot of talent, and lost most of their games by 3 points. With new leadership, and a better offensive line they will have a winning season.
    They will improve, but no way .500 +. I think 7-9 is very ambitious for them. They have some young talent, but its a new system and it will take a couple of years for them to be playoff caliber.

4. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    They will improve, but no way .500 +. I think 7-9 is very ambitious for them. They have some young talent, but its a new system and it will take a couple of years for them to be playoff caliber.
    We'll see. Just don't be suprised if thats all you hear about is how good the Dolphins are playing, and blah blah blah most improved team in football blah blah blah. I really don't care either way. It's just a prediction that I feel strongly about, but like I said we shall see. Oh did I forget to mention that I love the game of football? Can't wait till opening week

5. Quote Originally Posted by Hard Knox View Post
    Can't wait till opening week
    Hell yeah! How bad is it that I get pumped for pre-season games this time of year?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    looking at ur avatar ur a steelers fan? if i was in the AFC i would be extremely worried about them this year. they r gonna do alot of damage

I'm not worried at all about the Steelers. They ran out of gas last year, it showed in the game against the Jets I don't think that will happen again. I won't go as far as to say that they will win it all but, they will be heard from. btw, I lived in New Jersey from 77-96 and have been to Giant's Stadium many times. It was cool to see them win especially the way they did it.

7. as a steelers fan myself, I have to agree, they will be heard from. my only concern is they have a rough schedule. I am happy to say I think the bengals and ravens will be terrible, so that makes me optimistic

8. What a good way to start the year. With my Yankees stuck in neutral at least the Steelers got off to a good start with a whipping of the Texans. The O-Line looked good against a solid but not spectacular Texans d-line, and fast Willie looks like his old self with more td's today then all of last year. So happy to have him and Ben on my fantasy team.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    What a good way to start the year. With my Yankees stuck in neutral at least the Steelers got off to a good start with a whipping of the Texans. The O-Line looked good against a solid but not spectacular Texans d-line, and fast Willie looks like his old self with more td's today then all of last year. So happy to have him and Ben on my fantasy team.
    AS I said in one of my earlier posts, the Steelers are in the second year of the new offense and therefore much more comfortable with it. The defense made me very happy today. Other than the cosmetic
    TD's at the end of the game, they beat the crap out of the Texans.

10. got to agree, teh d looked good albeit against a weak texans o. I am curious to see how well the D performs agains tthe Browns in Cleveland next week. D has never been the problem, and with all the extra firepower on O, and the Brady injury (dont know how severe) this could be a good year

11. In observation of some other games

1. Chad should have kept his Johnson, the Bengals are Ocho Stinko

2. Tom Brady hurt but Pats sill win. Until the extent of the injury is known, not a big deal

3. Watch out for Philly, McNab and crew look very sharp (my boys see them in week 3)

4. Atlanta in surprisingly easy win over Detroit.

5. Buffalo, don't sleep on them

6. Jets win but ran out of gas towards the end of the game, came close to losing.

7. Tennesee slapped Jacksonville around, somewhat of a surprise.

8. Saints overcome Gustav and Tampa Bay in one week.

Can't wait for the rest of the games, Good opening day

12. very good opening day, and for buffalo as long as Lynch is healthy Jauron will have them pounding the ball.

13. Buffalo looked very solid today. I think they're going to suprise a lot of people.

I can't f'in believe brady is hurt already. Hopefully the MRI will show no structural damage so my boy can get back on the field. Cassell actually impressed me for once today though. The goal line stand by the pats to end the game was very nice indeed.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

14. any news on Brady, or will Bellicheck keep everyone in the dark till 2 minutes prior to game time?

15. According to NFL Network Tom Brady could be done for the season with a torn ACL. The AFC East just got a lot closer.

16. I was just reading that. They said the torn ACL is confirmed and there could be other damage. Wow, the AFC just opened up. It was a lousy hit too. Not saying dirty, but there should have been a flag. Pats are certainly far away from title contention now. AFC could run through Heinze field. Bad way to get it though

17. I wouldn't stick a fork in the Patriots just yet. They won't be as good but I still think they will find a way to stay in contention. btw, that was a hit that should have been flagged.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    According to NFL Network Tom Brady could be done for the season with a torn ACL. The AFC East just got a lot closer.

There goes my fantasy keeper player

19. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I was just reading that. They said the torn ACL is confirmed and there could be other damage. Wow, the AFC just opened up. It was a lousy hit too. Not saying dirty, but there should have been a flag. Pats are certainly far away from title contention now. AFC could run through Heinze field. Bad way to get it though
    In all honesty reap, the hit on brady looked pretty dirty to me overall. Anytime someone lunges at the lower leg/extremity area like that their intentions there need be questioned imo.

Legendary

20. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    In all honesty reap, the hit on brady looked pretty dirty to me overall. Anytime someone lunges at the lower leg/extremity area like that their intentions there need be questioned imo.
    I dont know if it was dirty. I watched the many, many replays and Pollard had someone on his back and he saw that Brady still had the ball.

I can see where someonbe could think it was though. Tough hit

21. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I dont know if it was dirty. I watched the many, many replays and Pollard had someone on his back and he saw that Brady still had the ball.

I can see where someonbe could think it was though. Tough hit
    Pollard certainly wasn't in the slightest convincing of his apparent "apology" to brady and his coaching staff in post game interviews imo.

I know opinions will certainly differ here, but imo it was a dirty hit all the way and pollard certainly knows it was.

Legendary

22. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Pollard certainly wasn't in the slightest convincing of his apparent "apology" to brady and his coaching staff in post game interviews imo.

I know opinions will certainly differ here, but imo it was a dirty hit all the way and pollard certainly knows it was.
    I got to see some more in depth shots of the play. I still say that it might have deserved a flag but, I don't think it was malicious to the extent that Pollard Intentionally hurt him. Pollard was intent on making a play after being blocked to the ground. It is however, further illustration of how fortunate and resilient Bret Favre has been and Peyton Manning to a lesser degree.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    I got to see some more in depth shots of the play. I still say that it might have deserved a flag but, I don't think it was malicious to the extent that Pollard Intentionally hurt him. Pollard was intent on making a play after being blocked to the ground. It is however, further illustration of how fortunate and resilient Bret Favre has been and Peyton Manning to a lesser degree.

gotta agree, I dont think it was an intentional to hurt play, but I agree it deserved a flag.

24. People will see this different all around. I've watched that clip 20x at least. The bottom line here is you don't jump at or attempt to tackle people at the knees. I don't care if you're on the ground or not, it's still wrong. If anything, these type of actions draw serious concern to the overall intent.

We'll never know the true intentions overall anyway, but i think its pretty apparent in my mind that pollard had absolutely no remorse in his interview statements. The fact that tom brady himself hasn't acknowledged the "apology" speaks volumes in my mind. People may hate brady, but the guy is a class act all the way.

It's just really sh*tty to see something like that happen 20 minutes into the start of a season. I put all my support in cassell now. It will be a challenge here, but if anyone can do it the pats can.

Legendary

25. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    In observation of some other games

1. Chad should have kept his Johnson, the Bengals are Ocho Stinko

2. Tom Brady hurt but Pats sill win. Until the extent of the injury is known, not a big deal

3. Watch out for Philly, McNab and crew look very sharp (my boys see them in week 3)

4. Atlanta in surprisingly easy win over Detroit.

5. Buffalo, don't sleep on them

6. Jets win but ran out of gas towards the end of the game, came close to losing.

7. Tennesee slapped Jacksonville around, somewhat of a surprise.

8. Saints overcome Gustav and Tampa Bay in one week.

Can't wait for the rest of the games, Good opening day

#3.........eagles played the rams for cryin out loud. (poss. worse deffense in football)..wait till "my boys" get em next mon. nite in dallas.:bb3:

26. Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    #3.........eagles played the rams for cryin out loud. (poss. worse deffense in football)..wait till "my boys" get em next mon. nite in dallas.:bb3:
    Looking forward to that one, typical NFC East battle. The Eagles also had 2nd string receivers in there. What was impressive was the precision by which they carved the rams up. Actually, I don't particularly care for the Eagles and hope the Cowboys at least tire them out next week. It will be a key game for both.

Hey Trauma, as far as Brady is concerned, think about it. If you were laying there on the ground with your season in question, would you at that time acknowledge anything but the pain in your knee?

27. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Looking forward to that one, typical NFC East battle. The Eagles also had 2nd string receivers in there. What was impressive was the precision by which they carved the rams up. Actually, I don't particularly care for the Eagles and hope the Cowboys at least tire them out next week. It will be a key game for both.

Hey Trauma, as far as Brady is concerned, think about it. If you were laying there on the ground with your season in question, would you at that time acknowledge anything but the pain in your knee?

Fast, did you see the clip? When exactly did he "apologize" for the lame hit like he alluded too initially? He got right up and walked away while brady lie on the ground.

I've read this "apology" was actually given after the fact, not when it actually happened on the field.

Legendary

28. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    People will see this different all around. I've watched that clip 20x at least. The bottom line here is you don't jump at or attempt to tackle people at the knees. I don't care if you're on the ground or not, it's still wrong. If anything, these type of actions draw serious concern to the overall intent.

We'll never know the true intentions overall anyway, but i think its pretty apparent in my mind that pollard had absolutely no remorse in his interview statements. The fact that tom brady himself hasn't acknowledged the "apology" speaks volumes in my mind. People may hate brady, but the guy is a class act all the way.

It's just really sh*tty to see something like that happen 20 minutes into the start of a season. I put all my support in cassell now. It will be a challenge here, but if anyone can do it the pats can.
    I will say this, even though I dislike the Pats, it is for the same reason many dislike my Yankees, and to me Brady is like Jeter. Even if you dislike the team you actually like and respect their leader. It is crappy to see him out so quickly

29. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Fast, did you see the clip? When exactly did he "apologize" for the lame hit like he alluded too initially? He got right up and walked away while brady lie on the ground.

I've read this "apology" was actually given after the fact, not when it actually happened on the field.
    I do think that Pollard shouldnt apologize on the field, as there is no way to know the extent to any injury. However, Herm Edwards came out and said that as soon as Pollard got to the sidelines he told her "Coach, it was an accident", or something to that extent. Take that for what its worth of course

30. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post

That may be true, only he and Tom Brady knows what really happened.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Alves vs GSP (UFC 100) Predictions?
    By Flyers2385 in forum MMA
    Replies: 272
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 05:28 PM
  2. New predictions
    By mindgame in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 08:42 PM
  3. 2008 Predictions