2008 NFL predictions - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

2008 NFL predictions

Page 2 of 8 First 12347 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    ahem...

Agreed, Pitt will own that division. I can't wait to see Mendenhall hawk goal line carries as well ahah.
    With the schedule the Steelers have they will be lucky to come out @ .500.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Knox View Post
    With the schedule the Steelers have they will be lucky to come out @ .500.
    Yea but the Browns have an identical schedule with the only real difference being they play the Colts instead of the Patriots.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Yea but the Browns have an identical schedule with the only real difference being they play the Colts instead of the Patriots.
    True BOTH teams will get banged up. The team with least injuries will take it.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    New England will have trouble this year, they got exposed in the SuperBowl. The only thing that saves them is their division is just awful.
    Exposed? They didn't play well in certain areas i'll give you that, but whatever, they lost so i'm over it. As bad as New England played, they still almost pulled it off.

An undefeated season alone speaks volumes of their success. Sure they didn' t win the superbowl which was devestating given the season they had, but when's the next time you'll see an undefeated team in the nfl again? Probably not in our lifetime.

You can bet you'll see the pats in the playoffs yet again this year.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Exposed? They didn't play well in certain areas i'll give you that, but whatever, they lost so i'm over it. As bad as New England played, they still almost pulled it off.
    Exposed is definitely over the top. I don't think anyone here would argue they the Giants were better than the Pats. The Pats were the best team of '07 hands down, and I'd argue that they were the one of the best teams of all time. 18-1 is no joke and they're still favorites to win the superbowl this year if you look at the vegas oddsmakers.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Exposed is definitely over the top. I don't think anyone here would argue they the Giants were better than the Pats. The Pats were the best team of '07 hands down, and I'd argue that they were the one of the best teams of all time. 18-1 is no joke and they're still favorites to win the superbowl this year if you look at the vegas oddsmakers.
    During the third week i almost placed a vegas bet on the pats winning it all. Parlay it every week, and the end result would have been some serious cash. Man, if i had done it, and then they won the superbowl.......

Legendary

7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

During the third week i almost placed a vegas bet on the pats winning it all. Parlay it every week, and the end result would have been some serious cash. Man, if i had done it, and then they won the superbowl.......
    Remember the obnoxious 24 point spreads? I made money of the 20+ pt spreads a couple of times.

I think the pats put a little too much into games early in the season and ran out of gas.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Remember the obnoxious 24 point spreads? I made money of the 20+ pt spreads a couple of times.

I think the pats put a little too much into games early in the season and ran out of gas.

pick em leagues were insanely easy last year thanks to that.

You can only be a one sided offense for so long, aka go without a running game, before you will be put to the limit (weeks 10-16 iirc). Pats were lucky Brady could drop back blind folded and find Randy deep or Welker over the middle every damn play.

My question for Pats fans on here (or rather John) do you think Maroney is going to bounce back, or is he in for a follow up junior year slump? Even if he stays healthy?
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

pick em leagues were insanely easy last year thanks to that.

You can only be a one sided offense for so long, aka go without a running game, before you will be put to the limit (weeks 10-16 iirc). Pats were lucky Brady could drop back blind folded and find Randy deep or Welker over the middle every damn play.

My question for Pats fans on here (or rather John) do you think Maroney is going to bounce back, or is he in for a follow up junior year slump? Even if he stays healthy?
    Maroney is my favorite kind of back........ballz to the wall! The guy is a power runner that gets it done. I really don't think he'll hit the slump, but who knows. Brady has enough weapons to do what he needs to.

I'm a huge advocate however of a team having a solid running game. Kevin Faulk should help add a good dynamic to the running game.

Legendary

10. New Member

I thought they were that good also, but Giants have an outstanding defensive line and that's what it took, pressure Brady and he's not going anywhere. If you look back in history there have been better defensive lines that the Giants,(Old Steelers, 85 Bears, DoomsDay) it would have been the same story against those defenses.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    I thought they were that good also, but Giants have an outstanding defensive line and that's what it took, pressure Brady and he's not going anywhere. If you look back in history there have been better defensive lines that the Giants,(Old Steelers, 85 Bears, DoomsDay) it would have been the same story against those defenses.
    It was the giant's day, and they won that game. I don't take away from that. However, you can't tell me that New England played their best game by ANY means either. That's why they play the games though. The pats were caught on an off day and lost......barely

Legendary

12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Man when i look back at it.....wow!

Legendary

13. Professional Member

WHOOOO Jacksonville Jaguars BABY!!!!
    Made some great moves during the draft and off-season. Mini camp is looking sic. We got the vet with some speed now Jerry porter....D-line got a new guy...new safty and corner....oh man.....bea ready! Jags take it 12-4 season.
    haha a hefty prediction but my guys gotta make it happen soon while they got fred taylor AND J.Drew.

AND HE BLOCKS!!!!

Its coming....
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Made some great moves during the draft and off-season. Mini camp is looking sic. We got the vet with some speed now Jerry porter....D-line got a new guy...new safty and corner....oh man.....bea ready! Jags take it 12-4 season.
    haha a hefty prediction but my guys gotta make it happen soon while they got fred taylor AND J.Drew.

AND HE BLOCKS!!!!

Its coming....

REEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

I HATE SD AND MORE IMPORTANTY HATE SHAUN "LIGHTS OUT MY ASS" MERRIMAN!!! sorry for the caps fellas, hatred is strong though. BTW Jags are the only expansion team I actually like/root for (mainly due to the comeback story/I just like Garrard).
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

It was the giant's day, and they won that game. I don't take away from that. However, you can't tell me that New England played their best game by ANY means either. That's why they play the games though. The pats were caught on an off day and lost......barely
    Although it goes much, much deeper than this; it must have been a fell of a thing to be such a favorite in a super bowl. I know I would hate being expected to win, and on such a grand scale as that. You win its expected, you loose your a goat. In the words of Cartman, lammmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee.

Maroney is my favorite kind of back........ballz to the wall! The guy is a power runner that gets it done. I really don't think he'll hit the slump, but who knows. Brady has enough weapons to do what he needs to.

I'm a huge advocate however of a team having a solid running game. Kevin Faulk should help add a good dynamic to the running game.
    Although Billy B made the correct decision by a mile (and this guy didn't warrant a 7th pick) but imagine if the Pats somehow managed to get Mendenhall. Talk about a double punch of a bruiser to another hardcore bruiser. That'd combo would be the demise of the age old defense during practice ahah.

5.5 weeks gents, and training camps are on the fringe of opening!!! Can't wait.

Oh ya, who is going to watch Hard Knocks this year on HBO on the Cowboys? I absolutely loved last years on the Cheifs (even being a die hard Broncos fan). I was so pumped to watch the Cowboys this year, but have no HBO is this damn interim rental. I am pissed. Who is going to update me?
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post

AND HE BLOCKS!!!!

Its coming....
    The jags got my beloved gator derrick harvey, so i guess i have to like them a little now.

Legendary

17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.

my NFL prediction? The 49ers will still suck and STILL be using 'rebuilding the franchise' as a cop out for sucking.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer View Post
    my NFL prediction? The 49ers will still suck and STILL be using 'rebuilding the franchise' as a cop out for sucking.
    agreed. patriots will keep cheating and maybe belichick will buy a new pair of sweatpants. adam jones will stab TO in practice..(please u people think he will change)..tony homo will finally come out of the closet..the lions will have their first winning season since like 2000. the dolphins will all go on next seasons dancing with the stars after they go 0-16. and the giants..were talking a minimum 8-peat here.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    agreed. patriots will keep cheating and maybe belichick will buy a new pair of sweatpants. adam jones will stab TO in practice..(please u people think he will change)..tony homo will finally come out of the closet..the lions will have their first winning season since like 2000. the dolphins will all go on next seasons dancing with the stars after they go 0-16. and the giants..were talking a minimum 8-peat here.
    Ha ha, your wrong about the Dolphins my friend. I'm not a Dolphins fan, but you can quote me on this, " The Dolphins will be considered the most improved team in football @ .500 +." They have alot of talent, and lost most of their games by 3 points. With new leadership, and a better offensive line they will have a winning season.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Ha ha, your wrong about the Dolphins my friend. I'm not a Dolphins fan, but you can quote me on this, " The Dolphins will be considered the most improved team in football @ .500 +." They have alot of talent, and lost most of their games by 3 points. With new leadership, and a better offensive line they will have a winning season.
    nah..well if they win 2 games they will be the most improved..but the best crappy team from last year will either be detroit or arizona. they don't really have that much talent...still think they shoulda taken brady quinn over ted ginn jr. and first they hafta find a leader....parcells can lead in the office and off the field..but u need someone on the field to slap people around and lead the way
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

As the NFL goes nowadays last years worst could be this years surprise playoff team. btw, the Patriots last year was this generations Titantic and the Giants perfectly illustrated the "any given day" mantra.

:bruce3:
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    As the NFL goes nowadays last years worst could be this years surprise playoff team. btw, the Patriots last year was this generations Titantic and the Giant perfectly illustrated the "any given day" mantra.

thats right thanks for the giants love! they werent afraid of them and did exactly what teams should have been doing...going straight at them. looking at ur avatar ur a steelers fan? if i was in the AFC i would be extremely worried about them this year. they r gonna do alot of damage
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

They will improve, but no way .500 +. I think 7-9 is very ambitious for them. They have some young talent, but its a new system and it will take a couple of years for them to be playoff caliber.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

They will improve, but no way .500 +. I think 7-9 is very ambitious for them. They have some young talent, but its a new system and it will take a couple of years for them to be playoff caliber.
    We'll see. Just don't be suprised if thats all you hear about is how good the Dolphins are playing, and blah blah blah most improved team in football blah blah blah. I really don't care either way. It's just a prediction that I feel strongly about, but like I said we shall see. Oh did I forget to mention that I love the game of football? Can't wait till opening week
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Can't wait till opening week
    Hell yeah! How bad is it that I get pumped for pre-season games this time of year?
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    looking at ur avatar ur a steelers fan? if i was in the AFC i would be extremely worried about them this year. they r gonna do alot of damage

I'm not worried at all about the Steelers. They ran out of gas last year, it showed in the game against the Jets I don't think that will happen again. I won't go as far as to say that they will win it all but, they will be heard from. btw, I lived in New Jersey from 77-96 and have been to Giant's Stadium many times. It was cool to see them win especially the way they did it.

27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

as a steelers fan myself, I have to agree, they will be heard from. my only concern is they have a rough schedule. I am happy to say I think the bengals and ravens will be terrible, so that makes me optimistic
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What a good way to start the year. With my Yankees stuck in neutral at least the Steelers got off to a good start with a whipping of the Texans. The O-Line looked good against a solid but not spectacular Texans d-line, and fast Willie looks like his old self with more td's today then all of last year. So happy to have him and Ben on my fantasy team.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    What a good way to start the year. With my Yankees stuck in neutral at least the Steelers got off to a good start with a whipping of the Texans. The O-Line looked good against a solid but not spectacular Texans d-line, and fast Willie looks like his old self with more td's today then all of last year. So happy to have him and Ben on my fantasy team.
    AS I said in one of my earlier posts, the Steelers are in the second year of the new offense and therefore much more comfortable with it. The defense made me very happy today. Other than the cosmetic
    TD's at the end of the game, they beat the crap out of the Texans.

30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

got to agree, teh d looked good albeit against a weak texans o. I am curious to see how well the D performs agains tthe Browns in Cleveland next week. D has never been the problem, and with all the extra firepower on O, and the Brady injury (dont know how severe) this could be a good year
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

In observation of some other games

1. Chad should have kept his Johnson, the Bengals are Ocho Stinko

2. Tom Brady hurt but Pats sill win. Until the extent of the injury is known, not a big deal

3. Watch out for Philly, McNab and crew look very sharp (my boys see them in week 3)

4. Atlanta in surprisingly easy win over Detroit.

5. Buffalo, don't sleep on them

6. Jets win but ran out of gas towards the end of the game, came close to losing.

7. Tennesee slapped Jacksonville around, somewhat of a surprise.

8. Saints overcome Gustav and Tampa Bay in one week.

Can't wait for the rest of the games, Good opening day

32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

very good opening day, and for buffalo as long as Lynch is healthy Jauron will have them pounding the ball.
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Buffalo looked very solid today. I think they're going to suprise a lot of people.

I can't f'in believe brady is hurt already. Hopefully the MRI will show no structural damage so my boy can get back on the field. Cassell actually impressed me for once today though. The goal line stand by the pats to end the game was very nice indeed.

Legendary

34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

any news on Brady, or will Bellicheck keep everyone in the dark till 2 minutes prior to game time?
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

According to NFL Network Tom Brady could be done for the season with a torn ACL. The AFC East just got a lot closer.

36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I was just reading that. They said the torn ACL is confirmed and there could be other damage. Wow, the AFC just opened up. It was a lousy hit too. Not saying dirty, but there should have been a flag. Pats are certainly far away from title contention now. AFC could run through Heinze field. Bad way to get it though
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I wouldn't stick a fork in the Patriots just yet. They won't be as good but I still think they will find a way to stay in contention. btw, that was a hit that should have been flagged.

38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    According to NFL Network Tom Brady could be done for the season with a torn ACL. The AFC East just got a lot closer.

There goes my fantasy keeper player
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I was just reading that. They said the torn ACL is confirmed and there could be other damage. Wow, the AFC just opened up. It was a lousy hit too. Not saying dirty, but there should have been a flag. Pats are certainly far away from title contention now. AFC could run through Heinze field. Bad way to get it though
    In all honesty reap, the hit on brady looked pretty dirty to me overall. Anytime someone lunges at the lower leg/extremity area like that their intentions there need be questioned imo.

Legendary

40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

In all honesty reap, the hit on brady looked pretty dirty to me overall. Anytime someone lunges at the lower leg/extremity area like that their intentions there need be questioned imo.
    I dont know if it was dirty. I watched the many, many replays and Pollard had someone on his back and he saw that Brady still had the ball.

I can see where someonbe could think it was though. Tough hit

Similar Forum Threads

1. Alves vs GSP (UFC 100) Predictions?
    By Flyers2385 in forum MMA
    Replies: 272
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 04:28 PM
  2. New predictions
    By mindgame in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 20