2008 NFL predictions

Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I'd take that bet anyday. Dallas has nothing for New England. They were blown out last year, and will be again.
    OK, cool let me give you my address, and you can PM me a tracking number for my sweet, sweet Yuengling

2. Quote Originally Posted by Gtarzan81 View Post
    OK, cool let me give you my address, and you can PM me a tracking number for my sweet, sweet Yuengling
    Come on now, remember last year:

http://www.patriots.com/games/index....=28344&pcid=47

I wouldn't expect this year to be any different. I'll expect my beer pronto upon the new england stomping of dallas yet again.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

•   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Come on now, remember last year:

http://www.patriots.com/games/index....=28344&pcid=47

I wouldn't expect this year to be any different. I'll expect my beer pronto upon the new england stomping of dallas yet again.
    You're acting like the final score meant it wasn't a close game. When the game was tied in the 3rd quarter you can't tell me you weren't on the edge of your seat. It was a tight game. NE didn't score their last TD until inside the last 2 minutes when all they had to do was sit on the ball for the win.

4. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    You're acting like the final score meant it wasn't a close game. When the game was tied in the 3rd quarter you can't tell me you weren't on the edge of your seat. It was a tight game. NE didn't score their last TD until inside the last 2 minutes when all they had to do was sit on the ball for the win.
    Listen - It was a good game, but 48-27 isn't a close game either in the end. Romo sealed their own fate with that costly interception. Nothing is certain in football, so i'm glad they drove the stake through dallas with that final touchdown.

Legendary

5. Why is everyone all over Cleveland's nuts this year? They had one decent season of Derek Anderson chucking the ball as far down field as he could and someone catching it. They added a few defensive players, but when is the last time Shaun Rogers put up a stellar season? They have possibilities, but they are not the best team in the AFC North. If you recall the Pittsburgh Steelers stomped them twice last year, and now they upgraded their offense with the likes of Mendenhall and Sweed. They have two linebackers from the draft two years ago, Timmons and Woodley who will be starting this year. Troy Polamalu will be back and healthy this year. They are without a shadow of doubt the strongest and most complete AFC North team. Even with a fairly weak OL Ben Roethlisburger had a breakout year.

Sigh, but keep placing the Browns at the top of the division. See how that stands at the end of this season when the Browns are once again 0-2 versus Pittsburgh.

Yes I am a Steelers fan, but I'm getting tired of everyone dismissing them because they fell off at the end of last year. They still only barely lost to Jacksonville in the playoffs and they were at 60% at best. I'm not saying they are a shoe in for the big game, because they aren't even close. But they are legitimate playoff contenders and without a doubt will be the Division winner this year...again...
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Listen - It was a good game, but 48-27 isn't a close game either in the end. Romo sealed their own fate with that costly interception. Nothing is certain in football, so i'm glad they drove the stake through dallas with that final touchdown.
    Agreed, it was a good game. Not saying the Cowboys should have won that game by any stretch. However, New England took some hits in the secondary and Dallas upgraded their secondary big time. If these two teams meet in the Superbowl, Dallas will have them outclassed this year.

7. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Agreed, it was a good game. Not saying the Cowboys should have won that game by any stretch. However, New England took some hits in the secondary and Dallas upgraded their secondary big time. If these two teams meet in the Superbowl, Dallas will have them outclassed this year.
    We'll see about that.

Brady is the x-factor that weighs the heaviest overall. If he's on his game, it's lights out. He's proven to do it even with a mediocre offense in the past.

As for the D, new england always finds a way to plug its holes. Losing samuel was big, but the addition of tank williams will help out there. Jerod Mayo is a solid young LB that should see some playing time.

You can expect their defense to be more than adequate. Belichick is known to make even an average defense play/look very good.

The pats offense will ride them right back into the playoffs again this year.

Legendary

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    Why is everyone all over Cleveland's nuts this year? They had one decent season of Derek Anderson chucking the ball as far down field as he could and someone catching it. They added a few defensive players, but when is the last time Shaun Rogers put up a stellar season? They have possibilities, but they are not the best team in the AFC North. If you recall the Pittsburgh Steelers stomped them twice last year, and now they upgraded their offense with the likes of Mendenhall and Sweed. They have two linebackers from the draft two years ago, Timmons and Woodley who will be starting this year. Troy Polamalu will be back and healthy this year. They are without a shadow of doubt the strongest and most complete AFC North team. Even with a fairly weak OL Ben Roethlisburger had a breakout year.

Sigh, but keep placing the Browns at the top of the division. See how that stands at the end of this season when the Browns are once again 0-2 versus Pittsburgh.

Yes I am a Steelers fan, but I'm getting tired of everyone dismissing them because they fell off at the end of last year. They still only barely lost to Jacksonville in the playoffs and they were at 60% at best. I'm not saying they are a shoe in for the big game, because they aren't even close. But they are legitimate playoff contenders and without a doubt will be the Division winner this year...again...

Tough schedule and all.

9. New England will have trouble this year, they got exposed in the SuperBowl. The only thing that saves them is their division is just awful.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    Why is everyone all over Cleveland's nuts this year? They had one decent season of Derek Anderson chucking the ball as far down field as he could and someone catching it. They added a few defensive players, but when is the last time Shaun Rogers put up a stellar season? They have possibilities, but they are not the best team in the AFC North. If you recall the Pittsburgh Steelers stomped them twice last year, and now they upgraded their offense with the likes of Mendenhall and Sweed. They have two linebackers from the draft two years ago, Timmons and Woodley who will be starting this year. Troy Polamalu will be back and healthy this year. They are without a shadow of doubt the strongest and most complete AFC North team. Even with a fairly weak OL Ben Roethlisburger had a breakout year.

ahem...

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post

AFC North
    1-Pittsburgh #3 seed
    2-Cleveland #5 seed
    3-Cincinnati
    4-Baltimore

Agreed, Pitt will own that division. I can't wait to see Mendenhall hawk goal line carries as well ahah.

11. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    ahem...

Agreed, Pitt will own that division. I can't wait to see Mendenhall hawk goal line carries as well ahah.
    With the schedule the Steelers have they will be lucky to come out @ .500.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Hard Knox View Post
    With the schedule the Steelers have they will be lucky to come out @ .500.
    Yea but the Browns have an identical schedule with the only real difference being they play the Colts instead of the Patriots.

13. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Yea but the Browns have an identical schedule with the only real difference being they play the Colts instead of the Patriots.
    True BOTH teams will get banged up. The team with least injuries will take it.

14. Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    New England will have trouble this year, they got exposed in the SuperBowl. The only thing that saves them is their division is just awful.
    Exposed? They didn't play well in certain areas i'll give you that, but whatever, they lost so i'm over it. As bad as New England played, they still almost pulled it off.

An undefeated season alone speaks volumes of their success. Sure they didn' t win the superbowl which was devestating given the season they had, but when's the next time you'll see an undefeated team in the nfl again? Probably not in our lifetime.

You can bet you'll see the pats in the playoffs yet again this year.

Legendary

15. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Exposed? They didn't play well in certain areas i'll give you that, but whatever, they lost so i'm over it. As bad as New England played, they still almost pulled it off.
    Exposed is definitely over the top. I don't think anyone here would argue they the Giants were better than the Pats. The Pats were the best team of '07 hands down, and I'd argue that they were the one of the best teams of all time. 18-1 is no joke and they're still favorites to win the superbowl this year if you look at the vegas oddsmakers.

16. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Exposed is definitely over the top. I don't think anyone here would argue they the Giants were better than the Pats. The Pats were the best team of '07 hands down, and I'd argue that they were the one of the best teams of all time. 18-1 is no joke and they're still favorites to win the superbowl this year if you look at the vegas oddsmakers.
    During the third week i almost placed a vegas bet on the pats winning it all. Parlay it every week, and the end result would have been some serious cash. Man, if i had done it, and then they won the superbowl.......

Legendary

17. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    During the third week i almost placed a vegas bet on the pats winning it all. Parlay it every week, and the end result would have been some serious cash. Man, if i had done it, and then they won the superbowl.......
    Remember the obnoxious 24 point spreads? I made money of the 20+ pt spreads a couple of times.

I think the pats put a little too much into games early in the season and ran out of gas.

18. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Remember the obnoxious 24 point spreads? I made money of the 20+ pt spreads a couple of times.

I think the pats put a little too much into games early in the season and ran out of gas.

pick em leagues were insanely easy last year thanks to that.

You can only be a one sided offense for so long, aka go without a running game, before you will be put to the limit (weeks 10-16 iirc). Pats were lucky Brady could drop back blind folded and find Randy deep or Welker over the middle every damn play.

My question for Pats fans on here (or rather John) do you think Maroney is going to bounce back, or is he in for a follow up junior year slump? Even if he stays healthy?

19. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    pick em leagues were insanely easy last year thanks to that.

You can only be a one sided offense for so long, aka go without a running game, before you will be put to the limit (weeks 10-16 iirc). Pats were lucky Brady could drop back blind folded and find Randy deep or Welker over the middle every damn play.

My question for Pats fans on here (or rather John) do you think Maroney is going to bounce back, or is he in for a follow up junior year slump? Even if he stays healthy?
    Maroney is my favorite kind of back........ballz to the wall! The guy is a power runner that gets it done. I really don't think he'll hit the slump, but who knows. Brady has enough weapons to do what he needs to.

I'm a huge advocate however of a team having a solid running game. Kevin Faulk should help add a good dynamic to the running game.

Legendary

20. I thought they were that good also, but Giants have an outstanding defensive line and that's what it took, pressure Brady and he's not going anywhere. If you look back in history there have been better defensive lines that the Giants,(Old Steelers, 85 Bears, DoomsDay) it would have been the same story against those defenses.

21. Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    I thought they were that good also, but Giants have an outstanding defensive line and that's what it took, pressure Brady and he's not going anywhere. If you look back in history there have been better defensive lines that the Giants,(Old Steelers, 85 Bears, DoomsDay) it would have been the same story against those defenses.
    It was the giant's day, and they won that game. I don't take away from that. However, you can't tell me that New England played their best game by ANY means either. That's why they play the games though. The pats were caught on an off day and lost......barely

Legendary

22. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post

Man when i look back at it.....wow!

Legendary

23. WHOOOO Jacksonville Jaguars BABY!!!!
    Made some great moves during the draft and off-season. Mini camp is looking sic. We got the vet with some speed now Jerry porter....D-line got a new guy...new safty and corner....oh man.....bea ready! Jags take it 12-4 season.
    haha a hefty prediction but my guys gotta make it happen soon while they got fred taylor AND J.Drew.

AND HE BLOCKS!!!!

Its coming....

24. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    WHOOOO Jacksonville Jaguars BABY!!!!
    Made some great moves during the draft and off-season. Mini camp is looking sic. We got the vet with some speed now Jerry porter....D-line got a new guy...new safty and corner....oh man.....bea ready! Jags take it 12-4 season.
    haha a hefty prediction but my guys gotta make it happen soon while they got fred taylor AND J.Drew.

AND HE BLOCKS!!!!

Its coming....

REEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

I HATE SD AND MORE IMPORTANTY HATE SHAUN "LIGHTS OUT MY ASS" MERRIMAN!!! sorry for the caps fellas, hatred is strong though. BTW Jags are the only expansion team I actually like/root for (mainly due to the comeback story/I just like Garrard).

25. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    It was the giant's day, and they won that game. I don't take away from that. However, you can't tell me that New England played their best game by ANY means either. That's why they play the games though. The pats were caught on an off day and lost......barely
    Although it goes much, much deeper than this; it must have been a fell of a thing to be such a favorite in a super bowl. I know I would hate being expected to win, and on such a grand scale as that. You win its expected, you loose your a goat. In the words of Cartman, lammmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Maroney is my favorite kind of back........ballz to the wall! The guy is a power runner that gets it done. I really don't think he'll hit the slump, but who knows. Brady has enough weapons to do what he needs to.

I'm a huge advocate however of a team having a solid running game. Kevin Faulk should help add a good dynamic to the running game.
    Although Billy B made the correct decision by a mile (and this guy didn't warrant a 7th pick) but imagine if the Pats somehow managed to get Mendenhall. Talk about a double punch of a bruiser to another hardcore bruiser. That'd combo would be the demise of the age old defense during practice ahah.

5.5 weeks gents, and training camps are on the fringe of opening!!! Can't wait.

Oh ya, who is going to watch Hard Knocks this year on HBO on the Cowboys? I absolutely loved last years on the Cheifs (even being a die hard Broncos fan). I was so pumped to watch the Cowboys this year, but have no HBO is this damn interim rental. I am pissed. Who is going to update me?

26. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    WHOOOO Jacksonville Jaguars BABY!!!!

AND HE BLOCKS!!!!

Its coming....
    The jags got my beloved gator derrick harvey, so i guess i have to like them a little now.

Legendary

27. my NFL prediction? The 49ers will still suck and STILL be using 'rebuilding the franchise' as a cop out for sucking.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer View Post
    my NFL prediction? The 49ers will still suck and STILL be using 'rebuilding the franchise' as a cop out for sucking.
    agreed. patriots will keep cheating and maybe belichick will buy a new pair of sweatpants. adam jones will stab TO in practice..(please u people think he will change)..tony homo will finally come out of the closet..the lions will have their first winning season since like 2000. the dolphins will all go on next seasons dancing with the stars after they go 0-16. and the giants..were talking a minimum 8-peat here.

29. Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    agreed. patriots will keep cheating and maybe belichick will buy a new pair of sweatpants. adam jones will stab TO in practice..(please u people think he will change)..tony homo will finally come out of the closet..the lions will have their first winning season since like 2000. the dolphins will all go on next seasons dancing with the stars after they go 0-16. and the giants..were talking a minimum 8-peat here.
    Ha ha, your wrong about the Dolphins my friend. I'm not a Dolphins fan, but you can quote me on this, " The Dolphins will be considered the most improved team in football @ .500 +." They have alot of talent, and lost most of their games by 3 points. With new leadership, and a better offensive line they will have a winning season.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Hard Knox View Post
    Ha ha, your wrong about the Dolphins my friend. I'm not a Dolphins fan, but you can quote me on this, " The Dolphins will be considered the most improved team in football @ .500 +." They have alot of talent, and lost most of their games by 3 points. With new leadership, and a better offensive line they will have a winning season.
    nah..well if they win 2 games they will be the most improved..but the best crappy team from last year will either be detroit or arizona. they don't really have that much talent...still think they shoulda taken brady quinn over ted ginn jr. and first they hafta find a leader....parcells can lead in the office and off the field..but u need someone on the field to slap people around and lead the way
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Alves vs GSP (UFC 100) Predictions?
    By Flyers2385 in forum MMA
    Replies: 272
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 05:28 PM
  2. New predictions
    By mindgame in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 08:42 PM
  3. 2008 Predictions
    By Totality in forum Politics