2008 NFL predictions

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
It's never too early to discuss football and this is how I see it so far.

AFC East
1-New England #2 seed
2-Buffalo
3-NY Jets
4-Miami

AFC North
1-Cleveland #4 seed
2-Pittsburgh #6 seed
3-Cincinnati
4-Baltimore

AFC South
1-Jacksonville #3 seed
2-Indianapolis #5 seed
3-Houston
4-Tennessee

AFC West
1-San Diego #1 seed
2-Denver
3-Oakland
4-Kansas City

NFC East
1-Dallas #1 seed
2-Washington # 5 seed
3-NY Giants # 6 seed
4-Philadelphia

NFC North
1-Green Bay #3 seed
2-Detroit
3-Minnesota
4-Chicago

NFC South
1-New Orleans #2 seed
2-Tampa Bay
3-Carolina
4-Atlanta

NFC West
1-Seattle #4 seed
2-San Francisco
3-Arizona
4-St. Louis

Wild Card round (home team in caps)
GREEN BAY over NY Giants
Washington over SEATTLE
JACKSONVILLE over Pittsburgh
CLEVELAND over Indianapolis

Divisional Play-Off games
DALLAS over Washington
NEW ORLEANS over Green Bay
SAN DIEGO over Cleveland
NEW ENGLAND over Jacksonville

Championship games
DALLAS over New Orleans
SAN DIEGO over New England

Super Bowl
San Diego over Dallas

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will give this a go as well.

Patriots #2 seed
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

Steelers #4
Browns #6
Bengals
Ravens

Colts #1
jaguars #5
Texans
Titans

Chargers #3
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders

Giants #3
Cowboys #5
Eagles
Redskins

Vikings #2
packers #6
Lions
Bears

Saints #1
Bucs
Panthers
Falcons

Seahawks #4
Cardinals
49ers
Rams

Cowboys over Seahawks
Giants over Packers
Chargers over Browns
Steelers over Jaguars
Saints over Cowboys
Giants over Vikings
Chargers over patriots
Colts over steelers
Saints over Giants
Colts over chargers

Colts over Saints

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I agree with a lot of your picks Reaper. It seems as if we're both way off on Dallas and Indy so we'll see what happens. As Chris Berman says "that's why they play the games".

I'm hoping at least my 49ers can look respectable. The additions of Isaac Bruce and Bryant Johnson are a step in the right direction. Hopefully Mike Martz can revamp the struggling offense and make Alex Smith look like a decent player. We'll be good defensively if Manny Lawson can stay healthy and be the pass rushing threat that he's capable of.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the thing with me for Indy is Manning is still amazing. I am not sold on Dallas, as I could see a self destruction with TO, Pacman, and all teh other degenerates. However, they could be fantastic, so you never know.

I think a few teams could surprise, one being my Steelers. I loved their draft, and they stayed on the moderate side in FA as always

I think the 49ers could be better, but Smith has so much to prove and nolan's job is riding on it

cboesger

cboesger

Swag On
Awards
  • Established
All I know is that this is/*should* be the year for the browns. Doubt they will go all the way but I would definitely expect them to make it to divisional. I can however see Dallas taking it this year.

fooze

Awards
Okay, let's completely ignore Green Bay's potential as title contenders here.

Their defense is outstanding, with the only real issue being weak corners.

Our offense is pretty damn good too, even with the loss of Brett Favre. I would willingly put money on the fact that Aaron Rodgers will have an excellent breakout year. he has everything a QB could ask for in a team in his first starting season.

Short of injuries, what could go wrong?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My Patriots to win it all!!!! :D

cboesger

cboesger

Swag On
Awards
  • Established
I just don't see Rodgers being able to carry them through the playoffs. But I do agree that your D is quite good.

Pshh Browns will undoubtedly beat the Pats:lol:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Okay, let's completely ignore Green Bay's potential as title contenders here.

Their defense is outstanding, with the only real issue being weak corners.

Our offense is pretty damn good too, even with the loss of Brett Favre. I would willingly put money on the fact that Aaron Rodgers will have an excellent breakout year. he has everything a QB could ask for in a team in his first starting season.

Short of injuries, what could go wrong?
Rodgers can possibly be amazing but he has yet to prove it. He did have a good performance against the Cowboys last year but that's not enough to judge a player. I saw him play at Cal and I think he'll be a good pro but I don't know if he's good enough in 2008 but that's just my opinion.

The Saints boosted their defense a lot. Sedrick Ellis will help that run d a ton. I think the Cowboys are still better, they even improved their offense with Felix Jones. Their defense added the Pacman and this will give them the flexibility to switch Anthony Henry with Roy Williams in obvious passing downs. Zach Thomas will some killer instinct to their defense and they'll have Tank Johnson in the lineup from game 1 this year. These two make them better than the Packers in my opinion for those reasons. I'm also curious about how the loss of Brett Favre might affect a young guy like Ryan Grant.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
the thing with me for Indy is Manning is still amazing
I picked them below the Jaguars because the Jags helped their pass rush with the draft. Harvey's a beast and Groves is a little undersized but can put heat on the QB. Jerry Porter and Troy Williamson are the type of receivers this squad needed. Williamson is a burner. Porter has great physical tools and the Jags will make better use of him than the Raiders did.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
My Patriots to win it all!!!! :D
They have the talent to do it but I'm concerned with their losses in the secondary and their o-line was somewhat exposed by the Giants. I think a lot of teams will focus a little more on stopping Maroney and forcing the Patriots to convert on 3rd and long, which they're good at but can't realistically be sustained for 16 weeks therefore don't expect a perfect season :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I picked them below the Jaguars because the Jags helped their pass rush with the draft. Harvey's a beast and Groves is a little undersized but can put heat on the QB. Jerry Porter and Troy Williamson are the type of receivers this squad needed. Williamson is a burner. Porter has great physical tools and the Jags will make better use of him than the Raiders did.
I am not sold on derrick harvey as more than just a workout wonder (a la Mike Mamula to older fans). They still also need help at WR and I dont think that is Jerry Porter.

Regarding the packers, Rodgers could be very good, but could be is the operative term

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They have the talent to do it but I'm concerned with their losses in the secondary and their o-line was somewhat exposed by the Giants. I think a lot of teams will focus a little more on stopping Maroney and forcing the Patriots to convert on 3rd and long, which they're good at but can't realistically be sustained for 16 weeks therefore don't expect a perfect season :D
Even with New England's aging defense, the additions of tank williams and jerod mayo should help quite bit. I still think losing asante samuel was paramount, but in all reality, i guess they only would have been able to keep him or moss anyway. Moss was the better pick imo as well.

New England's offense is both dynamic and diverse. Even with the loss of Stallworth at WR, i really don't think it's a big deal imo. Chad Jackson(A former gator :) ) should fit into the role just nicely. He has both good speed and good hands. I think with welker, moss, gaffney, jackson, and watson in there they have many more options than most.

I completely agree that they won't go undefeated again this year(hell i never thought i'd see it by any team in my lifetime), however i wouldn't doubt seeing them back in the big game again this year IF the defense holds up its end.

I'm still very bitter about the superbowl loss! ;)...............nah i'm just kidding. I was razzed SOOO bad at work about it. In all honesty though, i still can't believe they lost that game. Oh well, on to 2008 baby!!!! :burg:

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
My prediction: Denver Broncos 13-3 regular season, SuperBowl winners. End thread:bruce1:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'm still very bitter about the superbowl loss! ;)...............nah i'm just kidding. I was razzed SOOO bad at work about it. In all honesty though, i still can't believe they lost that game. Oh well, on to 2008 baby!!!! :burg:
I am bitter about the loss, I lost $500 which is quite a bit of supps LOL. I thought the Patriots would destroy the Giants but the Giants found some holes in their o-line that others couldn't exploit or didn't see.

Mayo is a stud, he's a little undersized but the guy has incredible football instincts, which is what Bellichick looks for in many players. The secondary and some of the aging linebackers are the glaring problems right now. The Patriots should still go anywhere from 11-5 at worst to 14-2 at best IMO.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am bitter about the loss, I lost $500 which is quite a bit of supps LOL. I thought the Patriots would destroy the Giants but the Giants found some holes in their o-line that others couldn't exploit or didn't see.

Mayo is a stud, he's a little undersized but the guy has incredible football instincts, which is what Bellichick looks for in many players. The secondary and some of the aging linebackers are the glaring problems right now. The Patriots should still go anywhere from 11-5 at worst to 14-2 at best IMO.
I agree about mayo. I didn't like the fact that my pats took a tennesse player(YUCK! haha), but the kid as you said has great instincts. I've watched a few clips from some of his games, and i'm very impressed with what i saw overall. I think he really was a great pickup.

Tank Williams should help out in the secondary some, but time will tell exactly how much. If they can muster up even a mediocre defense at best(which they are very capable of), the offense should be able to carry them deep into the post season.

We'll see how it all plays out, but it looks to be a great year of football. He'll - I'm just as excited to see my Gators tear it up in College Football this year. Now if only the Patriots can swing a deal for Tim Tebow when his draft time is up! :D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
My prediction: Denver Broncos 13-3 regular season, SuperBowl winners. End thread:bruce1:
Hey buddy, where have you been hiding :) ? I sure hope you guys trounce the Raiders both times this season.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I've been around just not active too much. The Faiders are going down, going down hard.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the thing with me for Indy is Manning is still amazing. I am not sold on Dallas, as I could see a self destruction with TO, Pacman, and all teh other degenerates. However, they could be fantastic, so you never know.

I think a few teams could surprise, one being my Steelers. I loved their draft, and they stayed on the moderate side in FA as always

I think the 49ers could be better, but Smith has so much to prove and nolan's job is riding on it

*Ahem*
He doesn't want to be called Pacman anymore did you not geth thw memo? It was on the news?...lol

Just wanted throw that in. ha

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
AFC East
1-New England #2 seed
2-Buffalo
3-NY Jets
4-Miami

AFC North
1-Cleveland #5 seed
2-Pittsburgh #6 seed
3-Cincinnati
4-Baltimore

AFC South
1-Indianapolis #3 seed
2-Jacksonville #4 seed
3-Tennessee
4-Houston

AFC West
1-San Diego #1 seed
2-Denver
3-Kansas City
4-Oakland

NFC East
1-Dallas #1 seed
2-Washington #2 seed
3-NY Giants #5 seed
4-Philadelphia

NFC North
1-Green Bay #3 seed
2-Detroit
3-Minnesota
4-Chicago

NFC South
1-New Orleans #4 seed
2-Carolina
3-Tampa Bay
4-Atlanta

NFC West
1-Seattle #6 seed
2-San Francisco
3-St. Louis
4-Arizona

Wild Card round (home team in caps)
GREEN BAY over Seattle
NEW ORLEANS over New York Giants
INDIANAPOLIS over Pittsburgh
JACKSONVILLE over Cleveland

Divisional Play-Off games
DALLAS over New Orleans
WASHINGTON over Green Bay
SAN DIEGO over Jacksonville
Indianapolis over NEW ENGLAND

Championship games
Washington over DALLAS
SAN DIEGO over Indianapolis

Super Bowl
San Diego over Washington

It's a stretch putting Washington as the #2 seed in the same conference as the #1, but I truly believe they are the second best team in the NFC. The loss of All-Star Sean Taylor cut them deep.

It killed me having the Jags win over my hometown team, but I just can't see Jamal Lewis running against John Henderson and Mike Peterson, and Derek "Marginal Talent" Anderson beating Rashean Mathis and the up-and-coming Reggie Nelson and Gerald Sensabaugh. Drayton Florence is solid as well.

I can't see San Diego not taking it this year.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
BWAHAHAHAHAHA Troy F-ing Williamson.

And you picked GB to win the NFC North and the Vikes to finish 3rd?

Wow you fail miserably at football analysis. There is no possible way every close game and lucky bounce goes GB's way again this year. They will be wild card at best and the Vikes will flat out dominate the division.

Troy Williamson :toofunny:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's never too early to discuss football and this is how I see it so far.
DUI:
AFC - 4
NFC - 3

Drug Possession:
AFC - 2
NFC - 1

Domestic Violence:
AFC - 2
NFC - 1

Manslaughter:
AFC - 1
NFC - 1

Maybe I misunderstood the topic :D

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
DUI:
AFC - 4
NFC - 3

Drug Possession:
AFC - 2
NFC - 1

Domestic Violence:
AFC - 2
NFC - 1

Manslaughter:
AFC - 1
NFC - 1

Maybe I misunderstood the topic :D
:lol:

I think you don't give the NFL players enough credit, Drug possession and DUI will at least be in the double digits.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Hell yes my bronco brethren! Bring on the opening day trouncing of the Raiders (Javon who?) Although my predictions don't show it, I am still very high on the Broncos going into this year, especially when Selvin runs game behind Cutler. My only concern and reason for holding them off my predictions is the questions on D. If the Broncos D of old comes to life than they can make a case for 4+ seed. I am so pumped for this season to get under way!

AFC East
1-New England #1 seed
2-Buffalo
3-NY Jets
4-Miami

AFC North
1-Pittsburgh #3 seed
2-Cleveland #5 seed
3-Cincinnati
4-Baltimore

AFC South
1-Indianapolis #2 seed
2-Jacksonville #6 seed
3-Tennessee
4-Houston

AFC West
1-San Diego #4 seed
2-Denver
3-Kansas City
4-Oakland

NFC East
1-Dallas #1 seed
2-NY Giants # 4 seed
3-Philadelphia
4-Washington

NFC North
1-Green Bay #3 seed
2-Minnesota #6 Seed
3-Detroit
4-Chicago

NFC South
1-New Orleans #2 seed
2-Carolina
3-Tampa Bay
4-Atlanta

NFC West
1-Seattle #5 seed
2-St. Louis
3-San Francisco
4-Arizona

AFC:
Patriots are going to have a machine of an offense again. There time of possession is going to be ridiculous and take a lot of pressure off of their defense (and also give them oldies the rest they need). Despite my hatred for the Patriots, there going to be the 1 seed (not 16-0 though). Although I am high on the Jags the colts will finish above them and with the AFC South becoming a stacked division, playing those teams twice a year will rear its head and drop the Jags to the 6th seed (mainly due to their lack of weapons at Gerrard's disposal outside of the two headed monster of Mojo and Taylor. Pitt will be on a redemption path, and with a healthy Hines Ward and the potential for a legit running back by committee with 1 and 2 going to Parker and 3 and goal line touches to Mendenhall, watch the F out (plus Pitt D can always make a case for being playoff caliber). SD is SD (and will get in despite loosing both to Denver with Denver getting shafted by ignorant out of the division loses, Detroit game last year anyone? WTF!!). Its Cleavlands year to make a run to deep in the playoffs, BUT what I want to see is what they do when they actually have high expectations?
NFC:
Dallas is going to be a Juggernaut this year (out performing the Patriots for the best record in the league, depsite playing in a harder division with the GMen, Eagles, and revamped potential ridden Redskins). Dallas is going to show their team dynamics in Hard knocks and than go out and light up the score board (yea I drafted Romo in round 4 last year baby!!!!) and a D that is even better than last year is going to be fast and aggressive as hell. Baring a first full year at the back position injury to Barber, than they will run away with the 1 seed. Default 2 seed going to NO since I am not high on any other NFC team, enough said on that . GB is handing Arron Rodgers the reigns to a legit contender. Hes been under the wing of Favre for what like 4-5 years now? He's game shape ready and mentally tough imo. Now onto the 6 seed (other picks are self explanatory). It was a tough call between Minnesota and Phili. What pushed me over the edge to the Vikings is the fact that AD has the potential to carry the lack luster O lead by a very questionable Tavaris Jackson (he won't have to carry a ridiculous load as well since Minnesota has the best D in the entire game). The eagles although more solidified on D still have too many questions on offense (and Westbrook or McNaab is guaranteed to miss some time this year.) Vikings sneak into the playoffs behind AD and a god like defense.

Playoffs:
Pitt over Jags
SD over Clevland

Pats over SD
Pitt over Indi

Pats over Pitt

GB over Minn (in an awesome game).
Seattle over NYG

Dallas over Seattle
NO over Seattles

Dallas over NO

Dallas over NE ~ Tony Romo proposes to Jessica after the game.

JLM5151

JLM5151

Awards
I am liking the Cleveland love I am seeing.... We really do look good on paper this year... The new DL along with the OL playing together for the second straight season. I would like to see Anderson with some better consistency this year and another WR needs to step up and take Jerivicious spot. Hope these Linebackers can flourish behinf the new DL too... Should be a fun season..

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Dallas over NE ~ Tony Romo proposes to Jessica after the game.
Agree 100%. Dallas is the most talented team in the league this year. I think injuries to Romo or Owens could be very painful, but other than that their depth is outstanding everywhere else.

Superbowl win #6 baby!

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
N.E. will whoop the boys all over the field just like last year. ;)
I will take the bait:what are we putting on it?

I propose a case of Shiner Bock(good ole' Texas beer) against something from N.E. (or Yuengling :cool:)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will take the bait:what are we putting on it?

I propose a case of Shiner Bock(good ole' Texas beer) against something from N.E. (or Yuengling :cool:)
I'd take that bet anyday. Dallas has nothing for New England. They were blown out last year, and will be again. ;)

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
I'd take that bet anyday. Dallas has nothing for New England. They were blown out last year, and will be again. ;)
OK, cool let me give you my address, and you can PM me a tracking number for my sweet, sweet Yuengling :)

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Come on now, remember last year:

http://www.patriots.com/games/index.cfm?ac=gamereportdetail&pid=28344&pcid=47

I wouldn't expect this year to be any different. I'll expect my beer pronto upon the new england stomping of dallas yet again. :)
You're acting like the final score meant it wasn't a close game. When the game was tied in the 3rd quarter you can't tell me you weren't on the edge of your seat. It was a tight game. NE didn't score their last TD until inside the last 2 minutes when all they had to do was sit on the ball for the win.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're acting like the final score meant it wasn't a close game. When the game was tied in the 3rd quarter you can't tell me you weren't on the edge of your seat. It was a tight game. NE didn't score their last TD until inside the last 2 minutes when all they had to do was sit on the ball for the win.
Listen - It was a good game, but 48-27 isn't a close game either in the end. Romo sealed their own fate with that costly interception. Nothing is certain in football, so i'm glad they drove the stake through dallas with that final touchdown.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Why is everyone all over Cleveland's nuts this year? They had one decent season of Derek Anderson chucking the ball as far down field as he could and someone catching it. They added a few defensive players, but when is the last time Shaun Rogers put up a stellar season? They have possibilities, but they are not the best team in the AFC North. If you recall the Pittsburgh Steelers stomped them twice last year, and now they upgraded their offense with the likes of Mendenhall and Sweed. They have two linebackers from the draft two years ago, Timmons and Woodley who will be starting this year. Troy Polamalu will be back and healthy this year. They are without a shadow of doubt the strongest and most complete AFC North team. Even with a fairly weak OL Ben Roethlisburger had a breakout year.

Sigh, but keep placing the Browns at the top of the division. See how that stands at the end of this season when the Browns are once again 0-2 versus Pittsburgh.

Yes I am a Steelers fan, but I'm getting tired of everyone dismissing them because they fell off at the end of last year. They still only barely lost to Jacksonville in the playoffs and they were at 60% at best. I'm not saying they are a shoe in for the big game, because they aren't even close. But they are legitimate playoff contenders and without a doubt will be the Division winner this year...again...

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Listen - It was a good game, but 48-27 isn't a close game either in the end. Romo sealed their own fate with that costly interception. Nothing is certain in football, so i'm glad they drove the stake through dallas with that final touchdown.
Agreed, it was a good game. Not saying the Cowboys should have won that game by any stretch. However, New England took some hits in the secondary and Dallas upgraded their secondary big time. If these two teams meet in the Superbowl, Dallas will have them outclassed this year.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed, it was a good game. Not saying the Cowboys should have won that game by any stretch. However, New England took some hits in the secondary and Dallas upgraded their secondary big time. If these two teams meet in the Superbowl, Dallas will have them outclassed this year.
We'll see about that. ;)

Brady is the x-factor that weighs the heaviest overall. If he's on his game, it's lights out. He's proven to do it even with a mediocre offense in the past.

As for the D, new england always finds a way to plug its holes. Losing samuel was big, but the addition of tank williams will help out there. Jerod Mayo is a solid young LB that should see some playing time.

You can expect their defense to be more than adequate. Belichick is known to make even an average defense play/look very good.

The pats offense will ride them right back into the playoffs again this year.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Why is everyone all over Cleveland's nuts this year? They had one decent season of Derek Anderson chucking the ball as far down field as he could and someone catching it. They added a few defensive players, but when is the last time Shaun Rogers put up a stellar season? They have possibilities, but they are not the best team in the AFC North. If you recall the Pittsburgh Steelers stomped them twice last year, and now they upgraded their offense with the likes of Mendenhall and Sweed. They have two linebackers from the draft two years ago, Timmons and Woodley who will be starting this year. Troy Polamalu will be back and healthy this year. They are without a shadow of doubt the strongest and most complete AFC North team. Even with a fairly weak OL Ben Roethlisburger had a breakout year.

Sigh, but keep placing the Browns at the top of the division. See how that stands at the end of this season when the Browns are once again 0-2 versus Pittsburgh.

Yes I am a Steelers fan, but I'm getting tired of everyone dismissing them because they fell off at the end of last year. They still only barely lost to Jacksonville in the playoffs and they were at 60% at best. I'm not saying they are a shoe in for the big game, because they aren't even close. But they are legitimate playoff contenders and without a doubt will be the Division winner this year...again...
:clap2:

Tough schedule and all.

BULLDOG

Awards
New England will have trouble this year, they got exposed in the SuperBowl. The only thing that saves them is their division is just awful.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established

ahem...

AFC North
1-Pittsburgh #3 seed
2-Cleveland #5 seed
3-Cincinnati
4-Baltimore

Agreed, Pitt will own that division. I can't wait to see Mendenhall hawk goal line carries as well ahah.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
ahem...

Agreed, Pitt will own that division. I can't wait to see Mendenhall hawk goal line carries as well ahah.
With the schedule the Steelers have they will be lucky to come out @ .500.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
With the schedule the Steelers have they will be lucky to come out @ .500.
Yea but the Browns have an identical schedule with the only real difference being they play the Colts instead of the Patriots.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
Yea but the Browns have an identical schedule with the only real difference being they play the Colts instead of the Patriots.
True BOTH teams will get banged up. The team with least injuries will take it.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
New England will have trouble this year, they got exposed in the SuperBowl. The only thing that saves them is their division is just awful.
Exposed? :rolleyes: They didn't play well in certain areas i'll give you that, but whatever, they lost so i'm over it. As bad as New England played, they still almost pulled it off.

An undefeated season alone speaks volumes of their success. Sure they didn' t win the superbowl which was devestating given the season they had, but when's the next time you'll see an undefeated team in the nfl again? Probably not in our lifetime.

You can bet you'll see the pats in the playoffs yet again this year.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Exposed? :rolleyes: They didn't play well in certain areas i'll give you that, but whatever, they lost so i'm over it. As bad as New England played, they still almost pulled it off.
Exposed is definitely over the top. I don't think anyone here would argue they the Giants were better than the Pats. The Pats were the best team of '07 hands down, and I'd argue that they were the one of the best teams of all time. 18-1 is no joke and they're still favorites to win the superbowl this year if you look at the vegas oddsmakers.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exposed is definitely over the top. I don't think anyone here would argue they the Giants were better than the Pats. The Pats were the best team of '07 hands down, and I'd argue that they were the one of the best teams of all time. 18-1 is no joke and they're still favorites to win the superbowl this year if you look at the vegas oddsmakers.
During the third week i almost placed a vegas bet on the pats winning it all. Parlay it every week, and the end result would have been some serious cash. Man, if i had done it, and then they won the superbowl.......:frustrate

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
During the third week i almost placed a vegas bet on the pats winning it all. Parlay it every week, and the end result would have been some serious cash. Man, if i had done it, and then they won the superbowl.......:frustrate
Remember the obnoxious 24 point spreads? I made money of the 20+ pt spreads a couple of times.

I think the pats put a little too much into games early in the season and ran out of gas.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Remember the obnoxious 24 point spreads? I made money of the 20+ pt spreads a couple of times.

I think the pats put a little too much into games early in the season and ran out of gas.

pick em leagues were insanely easy last year thanks to that.

You can only be a one sided offense for so long, aka go without a running game, before you will be put to the limit (weeks 10-16 iirc). Pats were lucky Brady could drop back blind folded and find Randy deep or Welker over the middle every damn play.

My question for Pats fans on here (or rather John) do you think Maroney is going to bounce back, or is he in for a follow up junior year slump? Even if he stays healthy?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
pick em leagues were insanely easy last year thanks to that.

You can only be a one sided offense for so long, aka go without a running game, before you will be put to the limit (weeks 10-16 iirc). Pats were lucky Brady could drop back blind folded and find Randy deep or Welker over the middle every damn play.

My question for Pats fans on here (or rather John) do you think Maroney is going to bounce back, or is he in for a follow up junior year slump? Even if he stays healthy?
Maroney is my favorite kind of back........ballz to the wall! The guy is a power runner that gets it done. I really don't think he'll hit the slump, but who knows. Brady has enough weapons to do what he needs to.

I'm a huge advocate however of a team having a solid running game. Kevin Faulk should help add a good dynamic to the running game.

BULLDOG

Awards
I thought they were that good also, but Giants have an outstanding defensive line and that's what it took, pressure Brady and he's not going anywhere. If you look back in history there have been better defensive lines that the Giants,(Old Steelers, 85 Bears, DoomsDay) it would have been the same story against those defenses.