NBA Playoffs 08

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. NBA Playoffs 08


    Lakers are gonna take it all....even though they lost last night...getting zero production from everyone but Kobe, its amazing how unstoppable Kobe looks this year in the Playoffs...just imagine if Andrew Bynum would be playing...they'd sweep the playoffs...next season...if he Bynum comes back healthy...they have a legit shot at breaking the Bulls 72-10 record from the Jordan Era


  2. Well being that I'm from New Orleans, I gotta say that The Hornets could take it from the lakers. If we were to lose to san antonio. No way could they beat the lakers. They just played the best game they could have and they just barely beat us. We killed them the first two games, so I guess no sweep.
    But kobe Playing facilatator is so dangerous, because if the other dudes get going he's just going to finish you off in the 4th quarter and nobody can come close to stopping him.

  3. NOH VS Lakers next round..

    Lakers 4-NOH-2
    •   
       

  4. We'll see...


    Quote Originally Posted by kw1k View Post
    NOH VS Lakers next round..

    Lakers 4-NOH-2
    As a team I really like our chances but the lakers have two wildcards, not kobe and pau but Derek fisher and sasha.
    See when those cats get those transition 3pters. Your defense get's stretched out and kobe and pau now have room to work.
    Regardless it would be a great series. I just hope the jazz can prolong this series to 7 games so that we can get some rest after nocking the spurs.

  5. Its been entertaining. These Game 4's are all crucial, all 2-1 (except Det. v. Orl....Orl should be up 3-1).

  6. as a Knicks fan (yes there are a few of us) why the hell did we just sign D'Antoni for 4 years when we dont have anywhere near the personnel he wants
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  7. Hornets will take this series and we will see what happens from there. I lost my voice at the game on thursday night in San Antonio and still haven't gotten it back,lol.

    For some reason, they weren't giving Peja any chances to bust 3's and thats what killed them.

    BTW, wtf happen with the celtics last night?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by LeeN View Post
    BTW, wtf happen with the celtics last night?
    Same thing thats happened in there other 3 road games: They cant win on the road. Cavs will win again on Monday.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by joeflex73 View Post
    Same thing thats happened in there other 3 road games: They cant win on the road. Cavs will win again on Monday.
    makes sense...too bad for the spurs though because the hornets have had no problems beating them at the ATT center during regular season.

    Look for Peja and his 3 pt shots tonight

  10. I'm really hoping Lebron finds his shot sometime soon. It's pretty boring watching the terribly uncoordinated Ilgauskas pick apart the Celtics with 20 foot jumpers all day long.

  11. Spurs are taking the next 2. That ones going 7. Think Detroit may have screwed themselves last night not showing up for 3 quarters, blowing home court back to Boston was huge.

  12. I think we'll be seeing a classic Lakers\Celtics finals which will boost the NBA ratings quite a bit.

    :bruce3:

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    I think we'll be seeing a classic Lakers\Celtics finals which will boost the NBA ratings quite a bit.

    :bruce3:
    Lakers Celtics would be sweet on the nostalgia factor it would be a good series too but Garnett has to really step up if the Celtics are going to win that series.

  14. Bleh not even going to watch the Finals. I hate Kobe for one (not his game, I dont like him, havent since he cried about Charlotte drafting him) and dont really care for the Celtics....think Im Boston'd out.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by joeflex73 View Post
    Bleh not even going to watch the Finals. I hate Kobe for one (not his game, I dont like him, havent since he cried about Charlotte drafting him) and dont really care for the Celtics....think Im Boston'd out.
    Why would that turn you off of the greatest player in the NBA?

    Keep in mind he was only 18 and he wasn't willing to settle for a sub-par team at the time.

    P.S. It's official, the spurs are no longer clutch at all!

  16. I'm all for the celtics/lakers final. GO CELTICS BABY!!


    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  17. Hell Yeah! GO CELTICS!!!!!!!

  18. Yeah, Go Lakers!

    The West is just on a whole other level in on which Any team from the east will have trouble competing on, despite what may have happen during regular season.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by LeeN View Post
    Yeah, Go Lakers!

    The West is just on a whole other level in on which Any team from the east will have trouble competing on, despite what may have happen during regular season.
    Considering the celtics had the best record in the regular season, we'll see about that.

    IF the celtics bring their A game this series will be over quickly, if not it will be very interesting. If the big 3 are in tune.....good luck L.A.......

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  20. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Considering the celtics had the best record in the regular season, we'll see about that.

    IF the celtics bring their A game this series will be over quickly, if not it will be very interesting. If the big 3 are in tune.....good luck L.A.......

    Just from watching both teams during post season, the Celtics look a little sluggish before half-time even arrives. I just don't think they can compete and that goes for any team in the east.

    Kobe has yet to shine during post season either, he's had mostly average games so I'm mosdef with the Lakers and so is my pocketbook.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by LeeN View Post
    Why would that turn you off of the greatest player in the NBA?

    Keep in mind he was only 18 and he wasn't willing to settle for a sub-par team at the time.
    I think an 18 year old should show a little humility to a team that wants them and of course would be paying them millions of dollars. If he had ended up being...oh Jonathan Bender?...what would we be saying now?

    And its more than that, his attitude when the team wasnt great (trade me, I hate it here, I hate Phil etc) compared to now is laugable. Now he loves LA and never wants to leave. Its easy to be a leader when things are going good. I dont care for prima donnas.

    Dont get me wrong, I do respect the guys game and think hes an incredible player, may go down in history as a top 5 all time guy, but I really dont care for him.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by joeflex73 View Post
    I think an 18 year old should show a little humility to a team that wants them and of course would be paying them millions of dollars. If he had ended up being...oh Jonathan Bender?...what would we be saying now?

    And its more than that, his attitude when the team wasnt great (trade me, I hate it here, I hate Phil etc) compared to now is laugable. Now he loves LA and never wants to leave. Its easy to be a leader when things are going good. I dont care for prima donnas.

    Dont get me wrong, I do respect the guys game and think hes an incredible player, may go down in history as a top 5 all time guy, but I really dont care for him.
    I don't know what we would be saying now, but I do know that it would be a non-issue to bring up a "player" like Bender and how he was rated by Sports Illustrated as #11 on the list of the 20 biggest busts in modern NBA draft history. I hadn't heard that name in so long, I had to wiki him.

    And although all of what you said is true, the comments, the trash talk.....He totally turned things around this year and became a team player. Maybe it was for publicity, but it still earned him another title to put on his resume.

    I'm sure you will never see a player of that caliber go or stay with a team that is going nowhere. History shows us that they will usually negotiate a deal to go where the money and talent all comes together.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by LeeN View Post
    I don't know what we would be saying now, but I do know that it would be a non-issue to bring up a "player" like Bender and how he was rated by Sports Illustrated as #11 on the list of the 20 biggest busts in modern NBA draft history. I hadn't heard that name in so long, I had to wiki him.

    And although all of what you said is true, the comments, the trash talk.....He totally turned things around this year and became a team player. Maybe it was for publicity, but it still earned him another title to put on his resume.

    I'm sure you will never see a player of that caliber go or stay with a team that is going nowhere. History shows us that they will usually negotiate a deal to go where the money and talent all comes together.
    Would Charlotte have gone nowhere had he stayed?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by joeflex73 View Post
    I think an 18 year old should show a little humility to a team that wants them and of course would be paying them millions of dollars. If he had ended up being...oh Jonathan Bender?...what would we be saying now?

    And its more than that, his attitude when the team wasnt great (trade me, I hate it here, I hate Phil etc) compared to now is laugable. Now he loves LA and never wants to leave. Its easy to be a leader when things are going good. I dont care for prima donnas.

    Dont get me wrong, I do respect the guys game and think hes an incredible player, may go down in history as a top 5 all time guy, but I really dont care for him.
    That completely demonstrates why i also could give two sh*ts about kobe.....

    I hope the celtics BURY them!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  25. Quote Originally Posted by joeflex73 View Post
    Would Charlotte have gone nowhere had he stayed?
    I am almost positive He would be an average player today if he would have stayed with Charlotte. He is the greatest player in the league now due to his NBA upbringing with the Lakers, but who can really answer that question? No one knows, no one cares...another non-issue lol.



    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    That completely demonstrates why i also could give two sh*ts about kobe.....

    I hope the celtics BURY them!
    Alot of people thought the spurs would bury them as well. I love KG and he definitely earns his check, but they just don't have it in em' IMO

    I smell a friendly paypal wager????

    pm me if interested

  26. Quote Originally Posted by LeeN View Post
    I am almost positive He would be an average player today if he would have stayed with Charlotte. He is the greatest player in the league now due to his NBA upbringing with the Lakers, but who can really answer that question? No one knows, no one cares...another non-issue lol.





    Alot of people thought the spurs would bury them as well. I love KG and he definitely earns his check, but they just don't have it in em' IMO

    I smell a friendly paypal wager????

    pm me if interested
    The only betting i do is on horses........"The Belmont" FTW!

    I personally despise the lakers in the same way i do the yankees. I hope they get stomped in the ground. I don't doubt that bryant is a great player, However, personally i don't care for him.

    Go Celtics!!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  27. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    The only betting i do is on horses........"The Belmont" FTW!

    I personally despise the lakers in the same way i do the yankees. I hope they get stomped in the ground. I don't doubt that bryant is a great player, However, personally i don't care for him.

    Go Celtics!!!
    I know what your saying about disliking an entire organization bc I am the same way with the spurs even know they are within a 100 miles of where I live. Everytime I talk about the spurs, I compare them to the Yankees as well, who wants to see the same group of boring(but good) players win time after time?"


    Go Lakers!

  28. Great game last night! The trinity showed up I guess.

    I'm sure the Lakers have an answer for this though. I am also interested to see how the notoriously road-weary celtics handle Games 3,4,5 all in LA.

    Go Lakers!

  29. GO CELTICS!!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  30. Oh, it's ONNNNNNNNN tonight Gentlemen!


    Goooooooooo Lakers!

  31. Great finish in tonights game, but the celtics defense frustrated those lakers all game long. Celtics up 2-0 going into LA.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  32. Next 3 games are going to be really interesting.

  33. yeah, the celts were kickin arse out there. I don't even know what to think about the 3 in a row in LA.

  34. I don't have a dog in this fight, I will say though, there is no way that Boston will sweep this series. This is the NBA's "Dream" match-up so, you can expect at least 6 games.


    :bruce3:

  35. Lakers won last night with some HORRIBLE calls against them, favoring boston. None of Boston's guys showed up except Ray Allen last night though.

    This series is going to be very interesting.

  36. Team who wins Game 4 is winning this series.

  37. KG needs to start producing more effectively here soon. IF the big three can get in sync, this series is all over.

    Go Celtics Baby!!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  38. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    KG needs to start producing more effectively here soon. IF the big three can get in sync, this series is all over.

    Go Celtics Baby!!!
    KG has been slackin' a bit, but he's the highest paid player in the NBA for a reason.

    This kinda reminds me of all the hoopla that spurs fans would talk "if we can get the big 3 on, it's over", and we all saw how that worked out.

    Go Lakers! good luck celts

  39. What a historic comeback that was. L.A. is now in the hole 3-1. GO CELTICS BABY!!!!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  40. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    What a historic comeback that was. L.A. is now in the hole 3-1. GO CELTICS BABY!!!!!
    Yeah, it was a weird comeback, like the Lakers just sat back and watched it happen. I expected more fight out of Kobe. I'm not a fan of either teams, so I don't really care who wins. One thing I've noticed is that Paul Pierce cries as much as Kobe if not more.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Anyone else following Stanley Cup Playoffs?
    By adtrm4 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 03:09 PM
  2. NBA Playoffs are here!
    By 808rebel in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 02:13 PM
  3. NHL Playoffs
    By Marcus ATW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 02:10 PM
  4. bills WILL be in the playoffs this year.
    By CrAzyOttER in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Log in
Log in