NBA Playoffs 08

O

Oswizle

Awards
Lakers are gonna take it all....even though they lost last night...getting zero production from everyone but Kobe, its amazing how unstoppable Kobe looks this year in the Playoffs...just imagine if Andrew Bynum would be playing...they'd sweep the playoffs...next season...if he Bynum comes back healthy...they have a legit shot at breaking the Bulls 72-10 record from the Jordan Era

shyguy1

shyguy1

Awards
Well being that I'm from New Orleans, I gotta say that The Hornets could take it from the lakers. If we were to lose to san antonio. No way could they beat the lakers. They just played the best game they could have and they just barely beat us. We killed them the first two games, so I guess no sweep.
But kobe Playing facilatator is so dangerous, because if the other dudes get going he's just going to finish you off in the 4th quarter and nobody can come close to stopping him.

shyguy1

shyguy1

Awards
We'll see...

NOH VS Lakers next round..

Lakers 4-NOH-2
As a team I really like our chances but the lakers have two wildcards, not kobe and pau but Derek fisher and sasha.
See when those cats get those transition 3pters. Your defense get's stretched out and kobe and pau now have room to work.
Regardless it would be a great series. I just hope the jazz can prolong this series to 7 games so that we can get some rest after nocking the spurs.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Its been entertaining. These Game 4's are all crucial, all 2-1 (except Det. v. Orl....Orl should be up 3-1).

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
as a Knicks fan (yes there are a few of us) why the hell did we just sign D'Antoni for 4 years when we dont have anywhere near the personnel he wants

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
Hornets will take this series and we will see what happens from there. I lost my voice at the game on thursday night in San Antonio and still haven't gotten it back,lol.

For some reason, they weren't giving Peja any chances to bust 3's and thats what killed them.

BTW, wtf happen with the celtics last night?

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
BTW, wtf happen with the celtics last night?
Same thing thats happened in there other 3 road games: They cant win on the road. Cavs will win again on Monday.

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
Same thing thats happened in there other 3 road games: They cant win on the road. Cavs will win again on Monday.
makes sense...too bad for the spurs though because the hornets have had no problems beating them at the ATT center during regular season.

Look for Peja and his 3 pt shots tonight:clap2:

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I'm really hoping Lebron finds his shot sometime soon. It's pretty boring watching the terribly uncoordinated Ilgauskas pick apart the Celtics with 20 foot jumpers all day long.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Spurs are taking the next 2. That ones going 7. Think Detroit may have screwed themselves last night not showing up for 3 quarters, blowing home court back to Boston was huge.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I think we'll be seeing a classic Lakers\Celtics finals which will boost the NBA ratings quite a bit.

:bruce3:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think we'll be seeing a classic Lakers\Celtics finals which will boost the NBA ratings quite a bit.

Lakers Celtics would be sweet on the nostalgia factor it would be a good series too but Garnett has to really step up if the Celtics are going to win that series.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bleh not even going to watch the Finals. I hate Kobe for one (not his game, I dont like him, havent since he cried about Charlotte drafting him) and dont really care for the Celtics....think Im Boston'd out.

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
Bleh not even going to watch the Finals. I hate Kobe for one (not his game, I dont like him, havent since he cried about Charlotte drafting him) and dont really care for the Celtics....think Im Boston'd out.
Why would that turn you off of the greatest player in the NBA?

Keep in mind he was only 18 and he wasn't willing to settle for a sub-par team at the time.

P.S. It's official, the spurs are no longer clutch at all!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm all for the celtics/lakers final. GO CELTICS BABY!! :woohoo:

:dance:

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
Yeah, Go Lakers!

The West is just on a whole other level in on which Any team from the east will have trouble competing on, despite what may have happen during regular season.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, Go Lakers!

The West is just on a whole other level in on which Any team from the east will have trouble competing on, despite what may have happen during regular season.
Considering the celtics had the best record in the regular season, we'll see about that. ;)

IF the celtics bring their A game this series will be over quickly, if not it will be very interesting. If the big 3 are in tune.....good luck L.A.......

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
Considering the celtics had the best record in the regular season, we'll see about that. ;)

IF the celtics bring their A game this series will be over quickly, if not it will be very interesting. If the big 3 are in tune.....good luck L.A.......

Just from watching both teams during post season, the Celtics look a little sluggish before half-time even arrives. I just don't think they can compete and that goes for any team in the east.

Kobe has yet to shine during post season either, he's had mostly average games so I'm mosdef with the Lakers and so is my pocketbook.:hammer:

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why would that turn you off of the greatest player in the NBA?

Keep in mind he was only 18 and he wasn't willing to settle for a sub-par team at the time.
I think an 18 year old should show a little humility to a team that wants them and of course would be paying them millions of dollars. If he had ended up being...oh Jonathan Bender?...what would we be saying now?

And its more than that, his attitude when the team wasnt great (trade me, I hate it here, I hate Phil etc) compared to now is laugable. Now he loves LA and never wants to leave. Its easy to be a leader when things are going good. I dont care for prima donnas.

Dont get me wrong, I do respect the guys game and think hes an incredible player, may go down in history as a top 5 all time guy, but I really dont care for him.

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
I think an 18 year old should show a little humility to a team that wants them and of course would be paying them millions of dollars. If he had ended up being...oh Jonathan Bender?...what would we be saying now?

And its more than that, his attitude when the team wasnt great (trade me, I hate it here, I hate Phil etc) compared to now is laugable. Now he loves LA and never wants to leave. Its easy to be a leader when things are going good. I dont care for prima donnas.

Dont get me wrong, I do respect the guys game and think hes an incredible player, may go down in history as a top 5 all time guy, but I really dont care for him.
I don't know what we would be saying now, but I do know that it would be a non-issue to bring up a "player" like Bender and how he was rated by Sports Illustrated as #11 on the list of the 20 biggest busts in modern NBA draft history. I hadn't heard that name in so long, I had to wiki him.

And although all of what you said is true, the comments, the trash talk.....He totally turned things around this year and became a team player. Maybe it was for publicity, but it still earned him another title to put on his resume.

I'm sure you will never see a player of that caliber go or stay with a team that is going nowhere. History shows us that they will usually negotiate a deal to go where the money and talent all comes together.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't know what we would be saying now, but I do know that it would be a non-issue to bring up a "player" like Bender and how he was rated by Sports Illustrated as #11 on the list of the 20 biggest busts in modern NBA draft history. I hadn't heard that name in so long, I had to wiki him.

And although all of what you said is true, the comments, the trash talk.....He totally turned things around this year and became a team player. Maybe it was for publicity, but it still earned him another title to put on his resume.

I'm sure you will never see a player of that caliber go or stay with a team that is going nowhere. History shows us that they will usually negotiate a deal to go where the money and talent all comes together.
Would Charlotte have gone nowhere had he stayed?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

That completely demonstrates why i also could give two sh*ts about kobe.....

I hope the celtics BURY them! :D

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
Would Charlotte have gone nowhere had he stayed?
I am almost positive He would be an average player today if he would have stayed with Charlotte. He is the greatest player in the league now due to his NBA upbringing with the Lakers, but who can really answer that question? No one knows, no one cares...another non-issue lol.

That completely demonstrates why i also could give two sh*ts about kobe.....

I hope the celtics BURY them! :D
Alot of people thought the spurs would bury them as well. I love KG and he definitely earns his check, but they just don't have it in em' IMO

I smell a friendly paypal wager????

pm me if interested

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am almost positive He would be an average player today if he would have stayed with Charlotte. He is the greatest player in the league now due to his NBA upbringing with the Lakers, but who can really answer that question? No one knows, no one cares...another non-issue lol.

Alot of people thought the spurs would bury them as well. I love KG and he definitely earns his check, but they just don't have it in em' IMO

I smell a friendly paypal wager????

pm me if interested
The only betting i do is on horses........"The Belmont" FTW!

I personally despise the lakers in the same way i do the yankees. I hope they get stomped in the ground. I don't doubt that bryant is a great player, However, personally i don't care for him.

Go Celtics!!! :woohoo::hammer:

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
The only betting i do is on horses........"The Belmont" FTW!

I personally despise the lakers in the same way i do the yankees. I hope they get stomped in the ground. I don't doubt that bryant is a great player, However, personally i don't care for him.

Go Celtics!!! :woohoo::hammer:
I know what your saying about disliking an entire organization bc I am the same way with the spurs even know they are within a 100 miles of where I live. Everytime I talk about the spurs, I compare them to the Yankees as well, who wants to see the same group of boring(but good) players win time after time?"

Go Lakers!:drunk:

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
Great game last night! The trinity showed up I guess.

I'm sure the Lakers have an answer for this though. I am also interested to see how the notoriously road-weary celtics handle Games 3,4,5 all in LA.

Go Lakers!:cheers:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GO CELTICS!!! :drunk: :cheers::djparty:

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
Oh, it's ONNNNNNNNN tonight Gentlemen!

Goooooooooo Lakers!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great finish in tonights game, but the celtics defense frustrated those lakers all game long. Celtics up 2-0 going into LA. :D

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Next 3 games are going to be really interesting.

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
yeah, the celts were kickin arse out there. I don't even know what to think about the 3 in a row in LA.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I don't have a dog in this fight, I will say though, there is no way that Boston will sweep this series. This is the NBA's "Dream" match-up so, you can expect at least 6 games.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Lakers won last night with some HORRIBLE calls against them, favoring boston. None of Boston's guys showed up except Ray Allen last night though.

This series is going to be very interesting.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
KG needs to start producing more effectively here soon. IF the big three can get in sync, this series is all over. :D

Go Celtics Baby!!! :woohoo:

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
KG needs to start producing more effectively here soon. IF the big three can get in sync, this series is all over. :D

Go Celtics Baby!!! :woohoo:
KG has been slackin' a bit, but he's the highest paid player in the NBA for a reason.

This kinda reminds me of all the hoopla that spurs fans would talk "if we can get the big 3 on, it's over", and we all saw how that worked out.

Go Lakers! good luck celts

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What a historic comeback that was. L.A. is now in the hole 3-1. GO CELTICS BABY!!!!!:hammer::woohoo:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
What a historic comeback that was. L.A. is now in the hole 3-1. GO CELTICS BABY!!!!!:hammer::woohoo:
Yeah, it was a weird comeback, like the Lakers just sat back and watched it happen. I expected more fight out of Kobe. I'm not a fan of either teams, so I don't really care who wins. One thing I've noticed is that Paul Pierce cries as much as Kobe if not more.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, it was a weird comeback, like the Lakers just sat back and watched it happen. I expected more fight out of Kobe. I'm not a fan of either teams, so I don't really care who wins. One thing I've noticed is that Paul Pierce cries as much as Kobe if not more.
Come on now, nobody cries like kobe does. Pierce certainly isn't a saint himself, but kobe takes the cake imo. The lakers' looked like they rolled over and died in the 4th quarter. Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett are both class acts and great leaders.

This win was HUGE for the celtics morale and forward momentum.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Come on now, nobody cries like kobe does. Pierce certainly isn't a saint himself, but kobe takes the cake imo. The lakers' looked like they rolled over and died in the 4th quarter. Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett are both class acts and great leaders.

This win was HUGE for the celtics morale and forward momentum.
I thought Kobe took the cake too, until this years playoffs. Pierce cries even when he gets the call, like dude, what more do you want? I don't know, it's a toss up. I really like Ray Allen, Garnett is a class act too, but I'm not a fan of how seriously he takes himself, a bit pretentious in my book. It's pretty tough to find something wrong with KG, but that's the only slight flaw that I've noticed.

Go Lakers...........just to piss you off:woohoo:

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
Go LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RALLY TIME!:woohoo::woohoo:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
its done already. Celtics are winning the championship....guaranz

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
Unfortunately, I think this whole ref scandal may be spilling over into the present playoffs :sad:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought Kobe took the cake too, until this years playoffs. Pierce cries even when he gets the call, like dude, what more do you want? I don't know, it's a toss up. I really like Ray Allen, Garnett is a class act too, but I'm not a fan of how seriously he takes himself, a bit pretentious in my book. It's pretty tough to find something wrong with KG, but that's the only slight flaw that I've noticed.

Go Lakers...........just to piss you off:woohoo:

You bastard haha!!! :hammer:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unfortunately, I think this whole ref scandal may be spilling over into the present playoffs :sad:
Good god give it up.....

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
Good god give it up.....

give what up? you've got to be ignorant to think that those recent allegations have not affected the coverage of the finals? Odds and point spreads from Vegas were altered due to the allegations alone.

Forgive me if you misunderstood, but I am not insinuating that there are dirty refs in this series, but it has cast a shadow over the finals as a whole.

Cheers:hammer:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
give what up? you've got to be ignorant to think that those recent allegations have not affected the coverage of the finals? Odds and point spreads from Vegas were altered due to the allegations alone.

Forgive me if you misunderstood, but I am not insinuating that there are dirty refs in this series, but it has cast a shadow over the finals as a whole.

Cheers:hammer:
I'm not ignorant about anything. If anything, i find it hillarious how many people are ignorant to the fact that cheating exists in professional sports. It's like it's some big SHOCK all of a sudden that officials, teams, and players cheat. Give me a break.....

I'm not aiming this at you by any means, but it's utterly ridiculous that people seem to think this hasn't been going on for A LONG TIME.

Now, back to basketball........GO CELTICS!!! :D