Cowboys: America's Team or NFL Disgrace?

Dallas: Do what it takes to win or Disgrace to the NFL?

• Disgrace

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • Win at all costs. More power to Jerry

Votes: 31 43.7%

• Total voters
OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Alright the title is a little bit harsh but I wanted to see what you other guys thought of this. Regarding Dallas's recent trend of picking up the leagues best known "criminals":

Do you feel Dallas is just trying to win and their actions are justified is Jerry Jones's actions a disgrace to the Cowboy's and on a larger scale the NFL?

Personally I want to see Goodell ban Pacman Jones from ever playing another game, but that is besides the point. Between picking up Tank Johnson while suspended for legit criminal charges and now this deal with Pacman I am really seeing Dallas as a disgrace to this league. Apparently character means nothing in Dallas's thirst for a title (yea we know Jerry, your desperate as hell) and giving these jokes a sense of desire for their talents despite any and all off field issues.

I could really turn this in a rant but won't. Believe me I am a very big propenent of doing everything neccessary to win aside from cheating, but come on Dallas wtf (and being a Broncos fan I am famailar with this, Maurice round 3??)?

Anyone else got a view on this?

bryan4592

Awards
Im not a Cowboys fan, but I can't fault them a bit. Its pro football, if it was college I would change my tune. They are getting talent on the cheap. TO has been a good boy, Tank Johnson has been fine and Pacman is to be seen. Worth the gamble IMO. I always want my team to do what it takes.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
It's definitely a gamble. But look at it this way, Tank was a steal for the caliber of talent he brings. Pacman seems the same.

I think that the success with TO, both on and off the field, has given Jerry that element to play with.

I won't go as far as to say it's a disgrace. It's a business move. They'll work with any player as long is the price is right.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They just need to sign Chris Henry and a few other people away from the Bengals and they can join the Texas Penal League.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Yea they are definitely getting steals here but at a cost of integrity imo (but of course Jones doesn't care and cowboys fans sure as hell don't)

If they picked up Henry I would just laugh my ass off.

Aso maybe the world will correct itself in the form of Tank and Pacman joining up forces to collectively be banned from the league!

bryan4592

Awards
Yea they are definitely getting steals here but at a cost of integrity imo (but of course Jones doesn't care and cowboys fans sure as hell don't)

If they picked up Henry I would just laugh my ass off.

Aso maybe the world will correct itself in the form of Tank and Pacman joining up forces to collectively be banned from the league!

THere is no integrity in the NFL.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
THere is no integrity in the NFL.
That is a little bit blunt, but I can see where your coming from.

I am really enjoying Goodell though, and his no BS attitude toward guys who think they are invincible now that they are in the NFL and seemingly indispensable.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Regarding Dallas's recent trend of picking up the leagues best known "criminals"
Hey, "criminals" won us Super Bowls in the 90s (Michael Irvin, Nate Newton to name a couple).

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Hey, "criminals" won us Super Bowls in the 90s (Michael Irvin, Nate Newton to name a couple).
Exactly, so Dallas does believe in win at all costs (however today its even more disgraceful imo since these are legit criminal charges see below).

However I am willing to bet that the majority of players in this league have used drugs at one time or another and the assaults were all over played imo. Newton's second career in drug smuggling was after his playing days as well. Pacman and Tank are guys with legit federal crimes in their past while in the nfl and remain in it (not playing the coke charge on Irvin, but a man is paralyzed and Pacman stills goes to strip clubs).

I think this is just my hatred for Jones in all honesty and just spilling it into a hate for Jerry Jones desire to win (I am a Broncos fan so Dallas isn't typically at my top level of hated teams.) Al Davis though, don't get me started.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I was cracking a joke, but I feel you. I'm not too big on the Pacman move myself...

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh lol, I missed that.

Yea Pacman is a joke of an individual
If people like that get paid millions of dollars, the world needs to stop and check itself.

The cowboys are always a contender. I personally do not like them, but give credit where it's due.

GO PATRIOTS!!! UGH!!!!!!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I can't fault them for getting Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones. You're judged by your championship rings at the end of the day, not the number of character guys you have on the roster. This is good news for Michael Vick LOL.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I don't know that I agree with what Jerry Jones is doing but there are some things to consider, at least to my way of thinking. 1. The expenditure that the Cowboys have made is minimal and could have a major return, if it doesn't work out, adios. 2. If these guys can get their act together, they have the right to make a living doing what they do best ( how many priests, stockbrokers, doctors, union heads, etc... have been allowed to continue in their profession after major criminal activities). Also, I don't see T.O as part of this, he may have been a bad team mate but he's no criminal.

:bruce3:

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
I have to say, as a cowboys fan, whatever it takes. If pacman had been sent to prison for the shooting, and Jerry somehow pulled some strings to get him out so he could come play for the cowboys, that would be one thing. The justice system has/is taking its actions against pacman, and if he is a free man and able to work in his profession of choice, why not let him help you win? I dont see it as disgraceful at all, its business, and Jerry Jones is better at it then most. If he gives Pac a chance and he stays out of trouble, turns his life around, and helps the cowboys, its a plus. If he acts like a retard again, the cowboys cut him and dont lose much at all, if anything. Jerry is far from dumb, and willing to take a chance. Id say its worked well for him in his life to this point.

And hello. Anyone ever heard of Ray Lewis? He confessed to taking part in a double homicide as part of a plea bargain, and didnt miss a single game for it. And now hes some kind of NFL golden boy somehow. And dont tell me you like Goodell? His handling of the patriots scandal, and now allowing them to play this weak a** schedule this year! If they dont go undefeated this season it will be an upset with an opponents 2007 win percentage of a whopping .386

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I voted for disgrace because I am a redskins fan. However, the way pac man's trade and contract is set up, I don't blame them too much. They are getting a potentially quality corner and very good return man without giving much and not paying him much if he doesn't perform

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am no cowboys fan by any stretch, and in the end they arent breaking any rules, but they can compete with the Bengals for the turd league

Stackt

Stackt

Awards
They are also lookin at Chad Johnson but I dont think the Bengals would trade him ....lol ,Marvin said if he doesnt want to play for us he'll sit on the bench . The Cowboys also picked up Zach Thomas LB from the free agent ....they should be entertaining to watch this season !

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
It's a stupid title, "America's Team", but I wouldn't go so far as to call them a disgrace. Neither.

BULLDOG

Awards
I think the Cowboys are to be applauded for what they do and the rest of the NFL is a disgrace. They have an outstanding system set up in their organization to rehab these guys through counseling and what not. Tank is a good example of this, since his signing with the Cowboys no trouble at all in fact he is now helping in counseling others. Other want to put T.O. in this group of trouble makers but he's never had law issues but is now also a model player. So which system is better the NFL's where they just thow a talent away for a useless life or the Cowboy way where they rehab a player and get good use out of him also

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
It's a stupid title, "America's Team", but I wouldn't go so far as to call them a disgrace. Neither.
The Dallas Cowboys are known as Americas team to millions around the world, and I am not a Dallas fan.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Down with the cowgirls! :dump::saw:

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
The Cowboys (Jerry) know what is on the line if they lay another Playoff egg like they have the last 2 seasons. I think this is the year that all the talent steps up and produces.

Pacman is worth the risk especially when Houston signed Jacques Reeves to a $20 mil contract and he is a scrub. Hell he basically handed the Giants the game with the long pass and personal foul at the end of the half.

I think pacman and tank have thug tendencies, but I think it was more about who they were hanging around. Without the same posse around folks can change if they surround themselves with good people.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I can't stomach the Cowboys...gives you a clue to my answer.

I admit I am a 49er fan- yes they have seen better days...My franchise has gone to sh*t ever since John York took over as owner...damn him!!!! I am also a Packer fan...hey I'm from Wisconsin and my dad was a Packer fan so go figure, but I still bleed my red and gold colors for my niners. Jerry Rice is still the greatest player ever...period!

Cheers!:cheers:

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
The Dallas Cowboys are known as Americas team to millions around the world, and I am not a Dallas fan.
I wasn't insinuating that you're a Dallas fan, nor that they aren't acknowledged as "America's Team" to many, I just think both titles, America's Team and NFL Disgrace, are extreme to me.

rhodesman

rhodesman

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't insinuating that you're a Dallas fan, nor that they aren't acknowledged as "America's Team" to many, I just think both titles, America's Team and NFL Disgrace, are extreme to me.
AMERICA'S TEAM :head:

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I have never been to Dallas, and the main reason is because I hear there is a lot of crack heads and drug dealers....and most of them play for the Cowboys...

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
americas team..at least in my book. seems like todays america's team is the patriots because everyone loves a winner..and hell, patriots are the founding fathers of america. Anyway as a cowboys fan this year(2008) must be our year or wade phillips is goin bye-bye cause jimmie dont take no crap

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Those guys are getting paid to play football....plain and simple. As long as they can play, they are going to have a spot on a team, somewhere. Bottom line.

holy

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Those guys are getting paid to play football....plain and simple. As long as they can play, they are going to have a spot on a team, somewhere. Bottom line.

holy
Truth. Look at the Bengals resigning Chris Henry. It's all about the Ws

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Cowboys 41 to Eagles 37!!!
Aweseome game!!!
America's team!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will say this, that offense when healthy is downright frightening. However, if they play a team with a stout D, and a good running game, they could be in trouble. Keep Romo and TO off the field. They dont matchup well with grinding out teams

Also, I am so impressed with Marion Barber. That kid can run and he will deliver some big hits doing so.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately for them, nothing the Cowboys do during the regular season will mean anything, they're in a no win situation. Now if they do well in the playoffs (which in recent past history is no guarantee), then it will be something to talk about. Don't forget one missed hand-off was the difference in the game last night. that being said, they did what they had to do.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget one missed hand-off was the difference in the game last night......:bruce3:
For both teams..as it were..........
Romo's botched handoff in the end zone :sick:
McNabb's botched handoff to Westbrook:woohoo:

Call it even.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
For both teams..as it were..........
Romo's botched handoff in the end zone :sick:
McNabb's botched handoff to Westbrook:woohoo:

Call it even.
Good point, :duel: forgot the Romo one :fool2:

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
Dallas Conboys...they love criminals on their team...they will never be as classy, however, as the G-MEN!!!

BULLDOG

Awards
They can have criminals on their team cause they are about the only team to have programs in place to straigten these guys out, which they should be given credit for. Giants classey when did this happen lol

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
They can have criminals on their team cause they are about the only team to have programs in place to straigten these guys out, which they should be given credit for. Giants classey when did this happen lol
well they should win a playoff game first..then they can talk. when was the last time? 98?

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
The Star is got "Scalped". Hail to the Redskins, talk about a big win for JimZorn. Check out T.O's statement after the game, I think he's a great athlete however, he really needs to get off of his own jockstrap. It's not always about him.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
my boys lost...ahhhhhhh!! i rayher em lose now than end of season when playoffs are on the line. skins looked great however. dallas defense wasnt what it is capable of. they will bounce back in a big way..watch.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
my boys lost...ahhhhhhh!! i rayher em lose now than end of season when playoffs are on the line. skins looked great however. dallas defense wasnt what it is capable of. they will bounce back in a big way..watch.
Agreed. If anything this will focus them as they go into the killer stretch of:

Cincinnati
Arizona
St. Louis

:head:

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
personally i agree. but i saw on nfl net. t.o. was upset because he couldnt "contribute" against washington even though he had 7 rec. and a td.
Yeah. I thought he'd moved past this crap this year....

:sick:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
When "His" team loses that's when the quarterback killer comes out in T.O, his crying act in the playoffs last year not withstanding. He was involved in 19 plays some of which he butterfingered. Maybe he should play quarterback and throw to himself. If for some reason they lose a couple in a row, watch out.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
**** the Cowboys, they are pathetic pieces of bullshit.

Redskins straight whooped up on Tony Homo and that whiny ***** TO!!!!

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
**** the Cowboys, they are pathetic pieces of bullshit.

Redskins straight whooped up on Tony Homo and that whiny ***** TO!!!!
:FUfinger:

Your foreskins won the first, we'll see how the boys do in 5 weeks when they play again. :numbered:

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
:FUfinger:

Your foreskins won the first, we'll see how the boys do in 5 weeks when they play again. :numbered:
LMFA.....hahahahahah.."foreskins"....hahah!!!!!!:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: