LOL wow

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
TOKYO, April 17 (Reuters) - A Japanese high school pleaded for a regional game to be abandoned after surrendering 66 runs in less than two innings, local media reported on Thursday.

The coach of Kawamoto technical high school threw in the towel to spare his pitcher’s arm with his team losing 66-0 with just one batter out in the bottom of the second.

The hapless hurler had already sent down over 250 pitches, allowing 26 runs in the first inning and 40 in the second before Kawamoto asked for mercy.

“At that pace the pitcher would have thrown around 500 pitches in four innings,” Kawamoto’s coach was quoted as saying. “There was a danger he could get injured.”

Opponents Shunshukan were officially credited with a 9-0 victory, giving the scoreline a tinge of respectability for the luckless Kawamoto school. (Writing by Alastair Himmer; Editing by Justin Palmer)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Japanase pitchers go through hell when they are coming up through the Japanese little leagues and college levels as far as training goes (I'm talking absurd very detrimental amounts of training as you can see from the 250 pitch count above). Its why so many of them that are in the MLB have such arm problems.

Even Wang on the yankees has some issues and people are worried how long he will last after coming up in Taiwan (who are also god awful on pitchers/young players.)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
250 pitches ! ? That's insane LOL.
There was an article on Wang in SI and they interviewed him and he said it was the norm for a young pitcher (including little leaguers ~ you know how there LL teams are always insanely good) for a pitcher to throw 80-130 pitches in a game, go do pitching exercises like throwing and such, then do ANOTHER 50-100 BP SESSION. I read that and was just dumbfounded at how ignorant these coaches over there are. They have talked to coaches and they say they are working on how these kids are treated (yea until they stop wanting to win...)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
It's not over training if you win?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
naw its only over training after their arm falls off 2 years into their pro days.
You do know what that means then. It's time for real Relief pitchers. Just imagine crazy pitches you'd get from these guys.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I hear Asimo is nasty. Appertnly he has a pitch that can defy physics and go from 90 to 0 in .01 seconds and freeze in space, then regain velocity as fast as it dropped it. Its called the "perfect game no longer is impressive".

I hope the day that robots can participate in sports and or have their own league that I am dead and buried.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I hear Asimo is nasty. Appertnly he has a pitch that can defy physics and go from 90 to 0 in .01 seconds and freeze in space, then regain velocity as fast as it dropped it.
That and he's Honda. Just wait til that V-Tech kicks in baby. Asimo Type-R!