ice hockey

Page 7 of 13 First ... 56789 ... Last
  1. Id


    Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    Not sure what you mean?
    At the trade deadline high profile players such as Blake and Sundin to name a few were thinking about getting traded to a playoff contender. They decided they were going to stay put and try and make a playoff push it didn't work out but very admirable.


  2. Ah no they didn't try and stay for that reason.

    The leafs were really trying to move them. When you have over 20 million tied up with a crappy defence, something needs to be done.

    Sundin I can appreciate him staying he has been the only consistent player, just has no support cast.

    As a leaf fan, there is no optimistic view in the near future. They are near salary cap limit, with overpaid players, they won't be a playoff contender next year either.

    They did fire Paul Maurice yesterday (Head Coach) so there is speculation that a new GM will be hired soon.

    I just want a new team in Southern Ontario. Sure it would probably ruin the Buffalo franchise as those are mostly Canadians heading south to watch a game at a reasonable value. But atleast I would have a team to cheer for I have given up on the leafs 41 years since there last Stanely Cup. Heck 41 years since they last made the Stanley cup finals.

    Oh well..... my attention is too the Jays now LOL.
    •   
       


  3. I still want a Domi sweater. One of these days.
  4. Id


    Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    Ah no they didn't try and stay for that reason.

    The leafs were really trying to move them. When you have over 20 million tied up with a crappy defence, something needs to be done.

    Sundin I can appreciate him staying he has been the only consistent player, just has no support cast.

    As a leaf fan, there is no optimistic view in the near future. They are near salary cap limit, with overpaid players, they won't be a playoff contender next year either.

    They did fire Paul Maurice yesterday (Head Coach) so there is speculation that a new GM will be hired soon.

    I just want a new team in Southern Ontario. Sure it would probably ruin the Buffalo franchise as those are mostly Canadians heading south to watch a game at a reasonable value. But atleast I would have a team to cheer for I have given up on the leafs 41 years since there last Stanely Cup. Heck 41 years since they last made the Stanley cup finals.

    Oh well..... my attention is too the Jays now LOL.
    My bad thats how the media portrayed it in Philly.

  5. Bob Clarke Said he would consider the GM job in Toronto if offered.

    If that ever happened I would burn every leaf merchandise I own.

    He is borderline retarded.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    My bad thats how the media portrayed it in Philly.

    No worries.

    The leafs have a bunch of big deals with no trade clauses.

    The leafs tried to move them, but they either refused to waive the no trade clause, or they were not getting any bites for these over paid bums

  7. He was a dink when he was with the North Stars.

  8. i think the Red Wings will win this series. What do you guys think?
  9. Id


    Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    Bob Clarke Said he would consider the GM job in Toronto if offered.

    If that ever happened I would burn every leaf merchandise I own.

    He is borderline retarded.
    Great player bad GM lol he picked up ratche and hatcher even after they changed the rules lmao

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    i think the Red Wings will win this series. What do you guys think?
    I honestly think Dallas will give them a good run. They have been challenged.

    Detroit had two bird matches.

    I say Dallas wins.

  11. how many ot games will be in this series?

  12. this is going to be a great series. For some reason I have a hard time watching the Stars. The are gelling ill give them that!

  13. I can't stand the Wings. I hope they sweep Dallas though. No one I hate more than them.
    I say Wings in 6.

  14. I agree -- Wings in 6.

  15. Wings in 5 Pens in 6

  16. No Timonen. That's a blow for the Flyers. Wings in five looks like a good pick....
  17. Bum


    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    No Timonen. That's a blow for the Flyers. Wings in five looks like a good pick....
    Indeed Timonen is the center piece, he is a shut down D-Man. He played great defending Alexander the Great.
    Who's going to slow down Crosby now? Who is going to stop Malkin? Pens have way to much Fire Power. Biron is playing great but We are talking about Malkin and Sid the Kid.
    I would of said Flyers in 7 but now its Pens in 6.

  18. Well, they have big bodies, have to find a way to put it on them somehow. It is too bad. Didn't he run the powerplay too?
  19. Bum M


    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    Well, they have big bodies, have to find a way to put it on them somehow. It is too bad. Didn't he run the powerplay too?
    Yeah he is on the pk too. Hes played the most minutes per game then any other Flyer.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    Roberts, Ruutu, Laraque....gotta disagree....if the flyers win though, I'll be rooting for them as well.
    Your kidding right!!
    Formutech Nutrition | Online/Social Media Rep
    Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram for more promos!
    www.formutechnutrition.com |www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  21. Nope. Any Eastern team over Dallas or Detroit. Not a fan of the Flyers at all, but better than the West....Moot point anyway, I think.

  22. Looks that way. The Pens are the only team that can give the Red wings a run.

  23. Damn it I hate detroit... pricks.

  24. I was hoping Dallas would make it a series just to tire the wings out a bit.

  25. Same thing I had hoped the Rangers would do.
    The unsettling thing for Flyers fans is the Pens didn't even play well in game 2, yet they were still a strong enough team to keep winning. The Pens are very well coached and they are shutting down the Flyers #1 line. Much props to the Pens the Flyers will be lucky to win 1 of 2 at home.

  26. Downey shows what a retard he is again. Why is this guy still playing hockey?

    I wish someone would two hand him across the head.

  27. oh I wouldn't hold that pass against him too much, he's young and they tend to make mistakes now again -- Malkin did the same stupid cross ice pass that led to the breakway goal last game.. BUT I really didn't like the frustration hit he put on Sykora after he blew that pass.

  28. Malkin's was a brutal pass for sure.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Hockey Fights DVD
    By Chad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 03:46 PM
  2. Hockey sticks?
    By sogone2day in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 01:59 PM
  3. Is hockey dead ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 03:23 PM
  4. junior hockey
    By hckykrt91 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 05:45 PM
  5. Any Hockey fans here?
    By grock in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Log in
Log in