ice hockey - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 7

ice hockey

Page 7 of 10 First ... 256789 ... Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Sykora didn't play in the pre-season? He's extremely underrated for what he does, I think he's top 3 on the pens right now. Malkin has to be the best player though, Crosby's good but Malkin is just amazing. What do you guys think?
    lol wow thats a tough call they both can score yet they both are amazing passers. I would have to say whomever wears the C on their jersey is better.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

Malkin you tend to notice more. Crosby seems to lurk and then make the amazing pass. I'll take either. Better yet, both.
    Son's game for tomorrow was moved. I get to watch the game.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    Malkin you tend to notice more. Crosby seems to lurk and then make the amazing pass. I'll take either. Better yet, both.
    Son's game for tomorrow was moved. I get to watch the game.
    ahhhh hows that for divine guidance?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Pen's need to stop the no look drop pass BS and connect. Way to many misses last night!
    Formutech Nutrition | Online/Social Media Rep
    Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram for more promos!
    www.formutechnutrition.com |www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

Yep. Need to get past the blue line and start the cycle that they'd been so good at. Grind it out for a bit to open up the big play.
  6. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

I didn't expect it to be like this. I am sure it will be a different game when they play in Pittsburgh but my god is Detroit a powerful team. They just have all the experience. Pittsburgh has all the star players but lack to connect. Look at Franzen, Zetterberg, Datsyuk... who the hell are these guys anyways? No one heard of them 2-3 years ago and look at them now. Osgood isn't getting tested like he should, the pens had opportunities but still. The score in game 1 didn't reflect the hockey game as most goals were scored in the third but again a goal was called back in the first which clearly was a goal for Detroit. Game 2's score was legit. Game 3 will be crazy, can't wait. I predict Pittsburgh will win both their games at home. If they don't I'm a douche bag.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.

Both games? If the Wings survive the first 10 minutes of game 3 the series is over. The Pens are so frustrated they are punching Franzin in the head. I feel bad for Roberts he is having a hard time keeping up with the pace.
  8. New Member

I need a Domi jersey.
    I got one
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    Imagine if the Pens didn't represent the East. The wings would be embarrassing any other team. I just glad they are enjoyable games to watch and the Pens are extremely competitive.
    That is a little hard to speculate. It all comes to match ups.

However Detroit is pretty damn impressive.
  10. New Member

Look at Franzen, Zetterberg, Datsyuk... who the hell are these guys anyways? No one heard of them 2-3 years ago and look at them now.
    Zetterberg and Datsyuk have been on the radar since they joined the league. Remember these are both relatively young guys. Zetterberg is 28. Datsyuk is 30 and has had over 80 points the last few seasons.

I still Hate Detroit.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

I still Hate Detroit.
    Echoed!
  12. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    Zetterberg and Datsyuk have been on the radar since they joined the league. Remember these are both relatively young guys. Zetterberg is 28. Datsyuk is 30 and has had over 80 points the last few seasons.

I still Hate Detroit.
    Yeah sure but they're not household names yet. I personally have taken notice since the playoffs started at their performances.

I agree with Marcus, Roberts is taken a beating trying o keep up. He's sacrificing a lot of skill just to hit. He's one of the few pens who's even finishing the checks. At his age he's playing great. Watching the game now and the pens are damn good at home.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

Doo-bee-doo-bee-dooooo.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.

Bum

Doo-bee-doo-bee-dooooo.
    Congrats Bum you and your boys must have LOVED game 3 that was one of the most exciting games ever. Pens showed a lot of guts.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

Yeah, it was fun. Not just the win, but that 7 minute stretch in the third period was as good as any hockey I can remember ever seeing. That one shift Orpik had was amazing. That hit on Crosby was something else too. Was that draper? The game just had everything. For the most part the officials let them play physically while keeping it in control.
    At least the series will be more interesting now. Don't see them coming back, but at least they started to fight for it.
  16. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Great game. Crosby did earn some respect, he picked up his game and acted like a captain finally when it mattered. Pittsburgh definitely are strong at home. They were comfortable controlling the puck and not just shooting it away blindly. Although Detroit didn't play all that bad either. Zetterberg is just amazing, every shot he takes on net is an opportunity. Can't wait for the next game. I'd like to see Pittsburgh win again to make things even more interesting.

Do you guys watch the game via ESPN?
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.

Bum

Yeah, it was fun. Not just the win, but that 7 minute stretch in the third period was as good as any hockey I can remember ever seeing. That one shift Orpik had was amazing. That hit on Crosby was something else too. Was that draper? The game just had everything. For the most part the officials let them play physically while keeping it in control.
    At least the series will be more interesting now. Don't see them coming back, but at least they started to fight for it.
    Yes Draper hit the Captain. What impressed me was Sid's back checking 100% hustle he is scary when he is flying full tilt. He led his team to victory. Orpik was like a freight train during that shift he buried 3 wings on 1 shift. That was just a downright demonic shift. After that game ended it felt like I had been doing cardio for 10 min It was so exciting.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

I like the cardio comparison. I felt the same.
    ESPN? They lost the contract a couple years ago. Versus or NBC now. Up until the finals I could watch it on CBC, but now all I get are the US feeds.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.

hey BUM espn wanted absolutely nothing to do with the NHL after the strike or lock out thing right?
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

Yeah, didn't want to spend even more money on a league that was losing viewers. Outdoor Life jumped on it. I guess the ratings for the playoffs have been way up this year, so that's good.
    Thing that sucks about Versus is not everyone has it. I was up at the cabin this last weekend and I had to go to three bars before I found one that had that channel. Nice place, but they ran out of Summit. Had New Castle on tap so I guess it was a win/win.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.

Bm

Yeah, didn't want to spend even more money on a league that was losing viewers. Outdoor Life jumped on it. I guess the ratings for the playoffs have been way up this year, so that's good.
    Thing that sucks about Versus is not everyone has it. I was up at the cabin this last weekend and I had to go to three bars before I found one that had that channel. Nice place, but they ran out of Summit. Had New Castle on tap so I guess it was a win/win.
    Isn't it amazing the better buzz you get from better beer.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What I have noticed this series (I dont watch pittsberg ever) is that Andre Fleury gives up SOOOOO many rebounds. Dont get me wrong, he's great at stopping the intial shot and moves dece but my goodness!!!!!

If detroit would crash the net a little more they'd have triple the second chance oppertunities and score atleast an additional goal per game.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  23. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    What I have noticed this series (I dont watch pittsberg ever) is that Andre Fleury gives up SOOOOO many rebounds. Dont get me wrong, he's great at stopping the intial shot and moves dece but my goodness!!!!!

If detroit would crash the net a little more they'd have triple the second chance oppertunities and score atleast an additional goal per game.
    Ya but crashing the net and getting a goal in the cup finals the refs will for sure find some way to call it back. Franzen is the only guy that I know of who can do that cleanly. Roberts does it well too.

Pittsburgh played an incredible game last night. They Dominated the first period, then got dominated from periods 3 and 1st of over time then manage to get a goal in the last over time. Just awesome. Malkin is really struggling. The no look passes are coughing up a lot of opportunities for Detroit. He needs to get use to playing on the outsides. I'm not a big fan of Fleury but boy did he ever pick up his game in the moment of truth. I was hoping Pittsburgh would win to push a game 6.
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That was a hell of a game last night. I somehow knew that Pittsburgh would tie it up in the 3rd, but I had no clue how OT was going to go down. This is one of the many reasons why there is nothing like playoff hockey.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

I was pacing the room for hours. I felt the same way about tying it up, but everytime the Wings had the puck I thought it was about to end. How about Malone staying in the game? Gonchar coming back....Fleuery...yeah, he does give up rebounds, but how he moves that fast....
    Getting respect for Zetterberg. Seems like he can weave through anything. What a game. Bummer it ended on a penalty (ok, I don't mind), but at least it was a real penalty. The other three in overtime were weak.
    Anyone else sick of the guy between the benches breaking in with the same comments over and over?
    Just glad I didn't meet some friends at Old Chicago to watch. I'd be dragging worse than I am.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yea the wings D just tosses around Malkin and Crosby like they're rag dolls. I am really surprised by that (in a way) I figure those two would have a lot more impact but it's the others that are really stepping it up.

About crashing the net, it seems that most the pens critical goals are off crummy rebounds that the Detroit guys just seem to stand around and watch.

Im just a big fan of crashing the net hard on every play
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Detroit has been able to smother off the opposition for years now between the left-wing lock and the new system that Babcock put in after they fired Lewis.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Yea and it's about time they started winning in the post season to Im tired of all these president trophies and not beeing able to get out of the 1st round garbage
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.

Bum

I was pacing the room for hours. I felt the same way about tying it up, but everytime the Wings had the puck I thought it was about to end. How about Malone staying in the game? Gonchar coming back....Fleuery...yeah, he does give up rebounds, but how he moves that fast....
    Getting respect for Zetterberg. Seems like he can weave through anything. What a game. Bummer it ended on a penalty (ok, I don't mind), but at least it was a real penalty. The other three in overtime were weak.
    Anyone else sick of the guy between the benches breaking in with the same comments over and over?
    Just glad I didn't meet some friends at Old Chicago to watch. I'd be dragging worse than I am.
    I dont mind the dude in the middle of the glass. What I cant stand are the during the game interviews with the players and coaches wtf is that?
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Yea and it's about time they started winning in the post season to Im tired of all these president trophies and not beeing able to get out of the 1st round garbage
    As an Avs fan, I am legally and morally obligated to hate the Wings, Stars, and the entire NW division.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.

Got to hand it to the Pens. They came through for the NHL big time last night.
  32. New Member

Pittsburgh played an incredible game last night.
    I know most of you are Pitts fans, and I would like to see them win. But what game were you watching last night. Other then the first period, where it was relatively even, Pitts just happened to score. Detroit dominated them. Pitts looked horrible out there. Very sloppy play not hitting passes, giving away the puck, not chasing dump ins. They should have been Slaughtered.
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

I know most of you are Pitts fans, and I would like to see them win. But what game were you watching last night. Other then the first period, where it was relatively even, Pitts just happened to score. Detroit dominated them. Pitts looked horrible out there. Very sloppy play not hitting passes, giving away the puck, not chasing dump ins. They should have been Slaughtered.
    Correction-Fleury had an incredible game last night. He stole that game.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

I read alex's post differently. He pointed out that they got dominated much of the game. But...despite that, they sucked it up when they needed to and ended up winning. Incredible game.
    Anyway, Detroit took it to them after the first period and for much of overtime, but couldn't put it away. Looking forward to tomorrow.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Game was crazy, but thanks to the nearly 5hr long game I got about 2 hrs of sleep. I got tickets to tomorrows game though.
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.

Ziquor

Quote Originally Posted by Ziquor View Post
    Game was crazy, but thanks to the nearly 5hr long game I got about 2 hrs of sleep. I got tickets to tomorrows game though.
    you have what ????????????????????? that is awesome!!!
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    you have what ????????????????????? that is awesome!!!
    Yeah, it was actually dumb luck. Ended up getting them from a vendor. I'm glad they made it this far, the press all gave it to Detroit 4-0 and they're tough as hell. But regardless of the outcome the Pens team's so amazingly young so we should have a soild team for years to come.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

Agreed. Wow....Enjoy the game. Give that vendor some extra business!
    Where you from?
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Agreed. Wow....Enjoy the game. Give that vendor some extra business!
    Where you from?
    I hear ya, Pittsburgh. Just moved back from San Fran recently, big difference. But I grew up here & it's home.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

I grew up in Blackhawk.....been in Minnesota since 87, but get back now and then.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hockey Fights DVD
    By Chad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 01:46 PM
  2. Hockey sticks?
    By sogone2day in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 11:59 AM
  3. Is hockey dead ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk