ice hockey

Page 6 of 13 First ... 45678 ... Last

  1. That was a great game with some amazing goal tending. I thought JR was going to score the game winner. Does Dallas have a shot against the WINGS?
    Well, didn't think they had a shot against the Ducks or Sharks, so never know, I guess. Can't see it though, but....

    Be fun to see the two kids who grew up in Pittsburgh, Malone and Umberger out there.

  2. Ap


    Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Biron is just unstoppable. I will be curious how the Pens figure him out but the flyers did a good job though so good luck to your team. I will have to obviously pull for the Pens now . Crosby, Malkin and Hossa will really test Biron, can't wait to see it.
    Wait hold on a sec you have to pull for the fly guys cause it makes the Habs look better. Seems logical to me!@#$%???
    •   
       

  3. Bum


    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    Well, didn't think they had a shot against the Ducks or Sharks, so never know, I guess. Can't see it though, but....

    Be fun to see the two kids who grew up in Pittsburgh, Malone and Umberger out there.
    I 100% agree about those 2 upsets. Whats up with Roberts condition?

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    Wait hold on a sec you have to pull for the fly guys cause it makes the Habs look better. Seems logical to me!@#$%???
    LOL ya it is logical but they did, after all, beat my habs so I have to pull for the Pens but either way the better team will win so we'll see who wants it more.
  5. Ap


    Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    LOL ya it is logical but they did, after all, beat my habs so I have to pull for the Pens but either way the better team will win so we'll see who wants it more.
    Well what about the underdog? Its not as fun to root for the favorite. Ap I am all of crafty rhetoric I guess I just deal with it.
    •   
       


  6. They're saying Roberts is set to go. Not sure about Talbot.
  7. Bum M


    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    They're saying Roberts is set to go. Not sure about Talbot.
    Oh man, thats not good news for the flyers. He plays a sound game. He beat the piss out of one of the Flyers this year in a fight.

  8. He works the hardest on the team other than maybe talbot. Not bad for an old guy. I guess his workout regiment is insane. Wish Friday would get here.

  9. Yeah Roberts is all business. We are in for a great series. Pitt has a sick home winning streak in the playoffs. I hate to admit this but the Pens might just be destined to win the cup. And to think they were almost sold recently to a group of investors.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    Yeah Roberts is all business. We are in for a great series. Pitt has a sick home winning streak in the playoffs. I hate to admit this but the Pens might just be destined to win the cup. And to think they were almost sold recently to a group of investors.

    I know in Canada

    I was hoping so I could finally cheer for another team other then the Leafs

  11. Went through it with the North Stars, and almost a number of times with the Pens. I hate it.

  12. My uncle was actually one of the investors. I dont think they will be going anywhere for a long long time. ID you have to love the fact that the Leafs stuck together and didn't opt out to me that was a great move for hockey.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    Well what about the underdog? Its not as fun to root for the favorite. Ap I am all of crafty rhetoric I guess I just deal with it.
    '

    You guys aren't really underdogs anymore, you have great players a great goaltender. The flyers hit the net hard and that's how you get the goals in the playoffs. I don't see the pens hitting hard enough. Biron will be tested but he's a better goalie than Fleury. Another thing, Montreal and Pittsburgh both have similar game stlyes where we depend on our skill and speed so if Philly can do what they did against montreal to the pens you guys are good to go to the cup finals and I'll pull for the flyers 100%

  14. Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    '

    You guys aren't really underdogs anymore, you have great players a great goaltender. The flyers hit the net hard and that's how you get the goals in the playoffs. I don't see the pens hitting hard enough. Biron will be tested but he's a better goalie than Fleury. Another thing, Montreal and Pittsburgh both have similar game stlyes where we depend on our skill and speed so if Philly can do what they did against montreal to the pens you guys are good to go to the cup finals and I'll pull for the flyers 100%
    You have a deal Ap

  15. I don't see the pens hitting hard enough.
    Roberts, Ruutu, Laraque....gotta disagree....if the flyers win though, I'll be rooting for them as well.
  16. Bum M


    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    Roberts, Ruutu, Laraque....gotta disagree....if the flyers win though, I'll be rooting for them as well.
    Roberts is haunting me already I think he will be the key to the series!! Laraque is pound for pound the toughest player in the NHL. It will be interesting to see if the Flyers dress Cote.

  17. They have to, don't they?
  18. Bum M


    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    They have to, don't they?
    It seems as if they have to. In fact I expect Laraque to make the score sheet a few times. He has great hands and commands a lot of room out there. I think the Flyers wont commit a lot of attention (simply cause they cant cause of Cros. and Mal.) much like they didn't to Brashear in the cap series. Wow this is going to be an intense series.

  19. We have a Steelers bar here in St. Paul. A lot of them are getting together there to watch the game. Trying to get the pass at home, but no go so far. Be ind of fun to see it with a group. If not, watching with my son isn't a bad deal either....
  20. Bum


    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    We have a Steelers bar here in St. Paul. A lot of them are getting together there to watch the game. Trying to get the pass at home, but no go so far. Be ind of fun to see it with a group. If not, watching with my son isn't a bad deal either....
    It's a win win for situation for sure.
    If you do venture out nothing like knocking back a few iron city's and maybe find a terrible towel to swing around

  21. errrrr im guessing they dont have any iron city there. you have time to ship some ups. Maybe they do if its a steelers bar. thats a good question huh?

  22. Actually, a few of the stores carry it, but they treat it like an import. Love the aluminum bottles, lol. In the old days, some of the pilots for NWA would bring some back for the playoff games. I have to go to Mays Landing, NJ periodically for work, fly into Philly. Had a few Yuenglings over the last year.

  23. Let me know if your going to be in South Jersey during a weekend in the summer. I head down there a lot.

  24. I know i'll be there August 18-22. Generally stay either in AC or Egg Harbor. Not sure if anything before that. Hope not, too much going on here. I know I'll be in Dallas and San Antonio this summer too. But yeah, I'll let you know for sure.

  25. Phillies play the Nationals and the Dodgers that week keep me posted. Your not bringing your clubs out are ya?

  26. I wish, the place I stay in Egg H has a course, but I've never been able to try it out. I'm our corporate trainer, so I give speeches and training sessions for new employees and for new processes, etc, so by the time I'm done it's getting dark. I stayed a weekend once last year, but that was in February.....Be fun to catch a game, pass by the stadiums everytime. When I head home, I stay right by the airport, so that's convenient...
  27. Bum M


    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    I wish, the place I stay in Egg H has a course, but I've never been able to try it out. I'm our corporate trainer, so I give speeches and training sessions for new employees and for new processes, etc, so by the time I'm done it's getting dark. I stayed a weekend once last year, but that was in February.....Be fun to catch a game, pass by the stadiums everytime. When I head home, I stay right by the airport, so that's convenient...
    My pop lives in Egg Harbor Township Right by AC. You have the ultimate Job. Your position is awesome!! Yeah let me know what night for the Phils ill hook up some duckets.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    Roberts, Ruutu, Laraque....gotta disagree....if the flyers win though, I'll be rooting for them as well.
    Hey don't get me wrong Mahoney, Pens do have a few guys that can really rush the net... but the entire damn Philly squad does just that. Umbergers a beast. The pens just have so many skilled players I can't see them struggling so it will be interesting to see these two teams match up.

  29. Love Umberger. He'll be up for this one, has to be weird playing the team you grew up with, and kind of fun. Be interesting if he and Malone get on the ice together, imagine some hitting will be going on. Tomorrow should be physical as they try to take the upper hand, lot of hitting I would guess. Orpik generally leads the Pens in hits. How did I forget about him? Hope Hartnell is in the box a lot like usual, hope Ruutu stays out. Doubt it.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    My uncle was actually one of the investors. I dont think they will be going anywhere for a long long time. ID you have to love the fact that the Leafs stuck together and didn't opt out to me that was a great move for hockey.
    Not sure what you mean?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Hockey Fights DVD
    By Chad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 03:46 PM
  2. Hockey sticks?
    By sogone2day in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 01:59 PM
  3. Is hockey dead ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 03:23 PM
  4. junior hockey
    By hckykrt91 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 05:45 PM
  5. Any Hockey fans here?
    By grock in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Log in
Log in