ice hockey

Page 5 of 16 First ... 34567 ... Last
  1. Bum M


    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    Well, it cost us over $2200 this year when you add in league cost, travelling costs, new skates/helmet/etc.
    I don't think he'll play through high school. Baseball is his main game. Plays football and hockey too, but I imagine he'll eventually focus on one.

    I am set for tonight. Wife is taking the younger two out for dinner and movie and Aiden and I are watching the game together.
    Dammm those are some series payments. How awesome is game 1 going to be chill n with your boy? Doesn't get any better then that!!!


  2. Will be fun.
    I see Gary Roberts is out tonight. Sucks.
    •   
       


  3. WOW what an amazing game.

  4. Game was insane last night. You gotta love the action so far in the second round. Pens really remind me of the habs this season. Their both skilled and fast and very capable of making a comeback. Tonight we're going to see what Philly has to offer. I'm predicting a Philly win tonight, I don't know why I am feeling it.

  5. Yup I called it, Philly won last night and it was a hell of a game. Biron was just absolutely amazing in nets. They said on hockey night in canada that he was the difference of the hockey game no doubt about it, stopped everything montreal could offer.

    Montreal's going to win game 3. The first two games they played like Don Cherry said, "Dopy" because of the game 7 win in Boston so they all feel like heroes but when they're on the road reality is going to hit them. I have to say Philly is a great team, everyone says they're just hitters but they have just as much skill as montreal if you ask me.

    Pens played a great game too, but Rangers came really close. It will be interesting to see how they play in New York.
    •   
       

  6. Ap


    Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Yup I called it, Philly won last night and it was a hell of a game. Biron was just absolutely amazing in nets. They said on hockey night in canada that he was the difference of the hockey game no doubt about it, stopped everything montreal could offer.

    Montreal's going to win game 3. The first two games they played like Don Cherry said, "Dopy" because of the game 7 win in Boston so they all feel like heroes but when they're on the road reality is going to hit them. I have to say Philly is a great team, everyone says they're just hitters but they have just as much skill as montreal if you ask me.

    Pens played a great game too, but Rangers came really close. It will be interesting to see how they play in New York.
    Dam Ap the last thing I wanted is another psychic prediction from you about tonight. I hope the message you decoded from your spirit guide was misinterpreted this time .
    The Habs are something like 9-1 in playoff games in Philly. Not to mention their amazing power play this year on the road was amazing. I think tonight's game 3 is so crucial it will determine the winner of the series.
    There was a cheap shot after game 2. It will be interesting to see if the Flyers dress Riley Cote. I think this game might get ugly in a hurry. Like the time Ed Hospidar fought Claude Lemeuix after pre game warm ups for shooting the pick into the Flyers net. And then Flyers Coach Mike Keenan had to lock Ron Hextall in the locker room so he wouldn't go out and get into the brawl.
    Pens/Rangers what can you say about that series? Simply amazing hockey being played in those 2 games.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    Dam Ap the last thing I wanted is another psychic prediction from you about tonight. I hope the message you decoded from your spirit guide was misinterpreted this time .
    The Habs are something like 9-1 in playoff games in Philly. Not to mention their amazing power play this year on the road was amazing. I think tonight's game 3 is so crucial it will determine the winner of the series.
    There was a cheap shot after game 2. It will be interesting to see if the Flyers dress Riley Cote. I think this game might get ugly in a hurry. Like the time Ed Hospidar fought Claude Lemeuix after pre game warm ups for shooting the pick into the Flyers net. And then Flyers Coach Mike Keenan had to lock Ron Hextall in the locker room so he wouldn't go out and get into the brawl.
    Pens/Rangers what can you say about that series? Simply amazing hockey being played in those 2 games.
    Well the reason the cheap shot was given was because(I forget his name) on Phily gave a really cocky smile so I think it was smolinski who gave him a cheap shot, wasn't a hard blow but still cheap. Ya it will definitely get rough in game 3, I know Montreal is pissed for losing at home but even though they have a good record against the Flyers in Philly it doesn't mean anything since the playoffs are a whole new season. It will be another intense game for sure. If Philly's going to beat Montreal they have to hit the net hard and Price needs to play better.

    The pens and Rangers is another good game. Crosby is diving a lot though, it's not his fault you have to do what it takes to win in the playoffs. He does have sick moves though I'll admit to that. It's not like the rangers are getting outplayed, they're pretty even with even chances but they need to formulate a line that can score quick. The pens are the only team in the playoffs with no losses, haven't seen that in awhile.

    Good luck to your Philly squad Marcus, will be another entertaining game.

  8. Saturday was a roller coaster at my house during the game. Missed it yesterday since my son had a baseball game, but I brought my XM radio and listed to some of it. That Phily game was fun too.
    San Jose...?
    Colorado looks tired.
  9. Ap


    Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Well the reason the cheap shot was given was because(I forget his name) on Phily gave a really cocky smile so I think it was smolinski who gave him a cheap shot, wasn't a hard blow but still cheap. Ya it will definitely get rough in game 3, I know Montreal is pissed for losing at home but even though they have a good record against the Flyers in Philly it doesn't mean anything since the playoffs are a whole new season. It will be another intense game for sure. If Philly's going to beat Montreal they have to hit the net hard and Price needs to play better.

    The pens and Rangers is another good game. Crosby is diving a lot though, it's not his fault you have to do what it takes to win in the playoffs. He does have sick moves though I'll admit to that. It's not like the rangers are getting outplayed, they're pretty even with even chances but they need to formulate a line that can score quick. The pens are the only team in the playoffs with no losses, haven't seen that in awhile.

    Good luck to your Philly squad Marcus, will be another entertaining game.
    Oh see in Philly we did not see the taunt at all, we didn't even see the cheap shot we just heard about it. So after hearing about the taunt, I can see why he deserved the shot. Price is a solid goalie your right the Flyers need to crash the net and get rebounds. Rebounds are just about the only way to beat Price.
    Guy Carbonneau is key if he can figure out for his wingers and center to get to the blue line and dump in, the Flyers D cant skate with the oncoming rush with out obstructing or interfering with the habs speed. Guy has a few more adjustments to make. Best of Luck to your Habs, I think this game will decide the series it just doesn't get any better then this. I am not sure who but a 4-2 final.

    I agree I do not think the blue shirts are getting outplayed either . The Pens are doing a better job of finishing off plays.

  10. The Goal Post and Biron are certainly the Flyers best friends.

  11. Great game last night. I sat next to the Habs bench. To me the Habs looked like they were in a daze. When they started to wake up they had a 5 Min major power play. The Flyers were lucky to skate away with game 3. I will post a few pics from last night.

  12. Once they killed the two man advantage and Mont hit the crossbar, you just had a feeling it was the Flyers night. Habs looked good in the third period though.
    Get the feeling the Flyers might be the team that keeps sneaking up on people this year. Daughter has a track meet tonight, so I have to listen to the games on my XM. Oh well.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    Once they killed the two man advantage and Mont hit the crossbar, you just had a feeling it was the Flyers night. Habs looked good in the third period though.
    Get the feeling the Flyers might be the team that keeps sneaking up on people this year. Daughter has a track meet tonight, so I have to listen to the games on my XM. Oh well.
    Habs looked amazing in the 3rd. I thought Guy was going to make me eat my words when I screamed a few things at him when he walked by me after the second period. If the Habs can play with as much intensity as they did in the 3rd Flyers will be in trouble. I think the Habs got their wake up call and are going to come out in game 4 and light up the board.
    Bum can you tape the Pen game? And watch it when you get home? Or do you need to know what is going on live?

  14. I thought about it, but I am one of those that needs it live. Maybe I'll try it. I was going to watch the late game when I got home and would hear the score anyway if I did.
    Guy looks like he's had a few broken noses, eh? They came screaming back. Hatcher....former North Star...grrr.
  15. Bm


    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    I thought about it, but I am one of those that needs it live. Maybe I'll try it. I was going to watch the late game when I got home and would hear the score anyway if I did.
    Guy looks like he's had a few broken noses, eh? They came screaming back. Hatcher....former North Star...grrr.
    Yeah guy was a great player and a class act. I cant believe I laid into him but I was toasted up and cocky after being up 3-0 after 2. Maybe you can help me out, I didn't see what Hatcher did, all I saw was dude bleeding as he walked past me to get repaired. Ill tell you what saved the Flyers besides the post was the to many men call with about 4 min left.

  16. Habs biggest problem is that they don't park a guy in front of the net. Biron can see every shot clearly and doesn't have to worry about deflections.

  17. He evidently elbowed and rode him into the boards. Boarding was the call. The guy had a visor on but there was still blood around the eye. I didn't see it either.

  18. Habs biggest problem is that they don't park a guy in front of the net. Biron can see every shot clearly and doesn't have to worry about deflections.
    Good point. I wonder why?

  19. Hab's Twigs


  20. Stunned Hab's bump


  21. Hatcher the retard he is, hit the guy from behind.
  22. Id


    Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    Hatcher the retard he is, hit the guy from behind.
    He has been playing some stupid hockey

  23. For about 18 years.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    Great game last night. I sat next to the Habs bench. To me the Habs looked like they were in a daze. When they started to wake up they had a 5 Min major power play. The Flyers were lucky to skate away with game 3. I will post a few pics from last night.
    That's just amazing. Can't wait to see the pics. I was in Plasttsburgh watching the game in my hotel. I could go to game 5 at the Bell Centre but I don't know if I'll have time. You must have had a blast! Yup the Flyers beat the Canadiens clean, no excuses there. Price is not looking good at all, he's going to get so much **** from the fans and the media when he returns. Game 4 will be even more exciting.

    BTW how did you manage to get those tickets?
  25. Ap


    Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    That's just amazing. Can't wait to see the pics. I was in Plasttsburgh watching the game in my hotel. I could go to game 5 at the Bell Centre but I don't know if I'll have time. You must have had a blast! Yup the Flyers beat the Canadiens clean, no excuses there. Price is not looking good at all, he's going to get so much **** from the fans and the media when he returns. Game 4 will be even more exciting.

    BTW how did you manage to get those tickets?
    Yeah Price's glove is a little shaky he still made some good saves. He ended up sitting next to me. I think The Habs of been awaken and will light up the board tonight. Im kinda not looking forward to it.
    My cousins have 4 seats 1st row next to the visitors bench. My other cousin has 2 1st row right on the blue line. And 2 more 12th row behind the sin bin. I got the call last minute for game 3. Good luck tonight. I seriously do not think the fly guys we be able to match the Habs intensity.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Is hockey dead ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 02:23 PM
  2. Ice Cold Showers for Post Cycle
    By Pirate in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 05:34 PM
  3. IGF-1 LR3 shipped without ice..ruined?
    By Tiltowait in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 09:26 AM
  4. Post hockey game nutrition?
    By Alt+F4 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 09:14 AM
  5. Need a name for a ball hockey team!
    By Juggernaut in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Log in
Log in