1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Bm

Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    I don't see the Rangers winning, but they are tough. Would rather have faced Washington. Hate Crosby? How about Jagr? Never could stand him, even when he was with Pitt. Regardless, will be a good series.
    I agree with the above, If the Flyers can bang them up yet stay out of the box, they can pull it off.
    Any thoughts on the Campbell, I mean Western, Conference?
    What do you not like about Jagr? He never cried or complained about anything.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.82%

All Jagr ever did in Pitt was cry and whine and only play offense. His own teamates were sick of him. As for Crosby being second best, I agree. Malkin is a bit better right now.

I'm looking forward to Ruutu/Roberts and Avery on the same ice...or Laraque.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Bum

All Jagr ever did in Pitt was cry and whine and only play offense. His own teamates were sick of him. As for Crosby being second best, I agree. Malkin is a bit better right now.

I'm looking forward to Ruutu/Roberts and Avery on the same ice...or Laraque.
    O yeah I forgot about his Jagr's younger years. O man I had Alex #1. The cool thing about Malkin is that he just goes about his business.
    yeah your right Ruuta/Roberts and Avery is gonna be awesome
    •   

4. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.53%

Jagar's a beast none the less. His puck handling is amazing. Crosby's just a cocky little arrogant kid who thinks he rules the NHL because of all this Media hype, listen to the way he talks to the media, I can't stand it. Ovechkin is a real hockey player, all class, loves the game and his skill is just absolutely amazing. Every time he scores or his team scores he celebrates like a junior. Washington's lucky to have him.

Because I'm a habs fan I have to say

Habs vs Pens eastern final
    Stars vs Avalanche Western
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.82%

Well, I guess we'll disagree on that. No worries. I only missed a few games this year (Tivo!) and didn't get the media issue with him. Maybe it's because I just saw the local media talk with him. Ovechkin is amazing, no doubt. Would have been a fun series if the Caps moved on. The hype would have been sickening though. Softball got rained out tonight, so I'll get to watch the games live. Lot of talk here about Gaborik wanting out and the Wild dealing him. Fine by me.

Stars/Avs. Ballsy! I just don't want Dallas to win anything.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Bum

Well, I guess we'll disagree on that. No worries. I only missed a few games this year (Tivo!) and didn't get the media issue with him. Maybe it's because I just saw the local media talk with him. Ovechkin is amazing, no doubt. Would have been a fun series if the Caps moved on. The hype would have been sickening though. Softball got rained out tonight, so I'll get to watch the games live. Lot of talk here about Gaborik wanting out and the Wild dealing him. Fine by me.

Stars/Avs. Ballsy! I just don't want Dallas to win anything.
    Gab was shut down they did a good job on him. I don't know how but they didn't give him a lot of open ice.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Ap

Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Jagar's a beast none the less. His puck handling is amazing. Crosby's just a cocky little arrogant kid who thinks he rules the NHL because of all this Media hype, listen to the way he talks to the media, I can't stand it. Ovechkin is a real hockey player, all class, loves the game and his skill is just absolutely amazing. Every time he scores or his team scores he celebrates like a junior. Washington's lucky to have him.

Because I'm a habs fan I have to say

Habs vs Pens eastern final
    Stars vs Avalanche Western
    Exactly on Crosby. anyone that walks around with an entourage is definitely a ***. Dam Ap We only agree on 1 team in the cup. This is going to get good.
  8. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.53%

Its' really hard to predict. Look at San Jose, best team in the second half of the season and they went to game 7 with Calgary. What's your team Marcus?

Talking about the Pens of the old. Mario lemieux, in my opinion, is probably one of the best hockey players of all time. You can trust that guy with the puck at any time. It's too bad he retired early, I also forget why, I think it was something to do with cancer am I right? If I were to choose between Mario or Gretzky I would have Mario on my team. Another player was Pavel Bure, man such a great star but again injuries...
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.82%

Well there we go Alex, we agree on something, lol.
    He had Hodgkins, but the main reason was back and ultimately hip issues. When he first retired he averaged over two points a game for his career. I'm with you on Mario. If only he could have been healthy. Not that you can go wrong with Gretzky. I loved Bure too (fantasy hockey). He sure could score. I'm more a fan of the muckers. Kasparaitis, Ulf Samuelsson, Gary Roberts, etc. But that's cuz I'm a slow skater and all I can do is grab a hold or hack at people.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Ap

Its' really hard to predict. Look at San Jose, best team in the second half of the season and they went to game 7 with Calgary. What's your team Marcus?

Talking about the Pens of the old. Mario lemieux, in my opinion, is probably one of the best hockey players of all time. You can trust that guy with the puck at any time. It's too bad he retired early, I also forget why, I think it was something to do with cancer am I right? If I were to choose between Mario or Gretzky I would have Mario on my team. Another player was Pavel Bure, man such a great star but again injuries...
    Yes it is. It seems weird in here cause when people post in here they are 97% accurate. Seeing predictions is weird lol.
    I guess it comes down to executing the game plan and Goaltending. Mario was awesome; Yeah Cancer at first Hodgekins he beat and came back. I think his back was all tweaked out thats he i think he retired for the last time. My team is the Flyers i know it sux for me year in year out. Yeah Pavel was an aweosme sick player.
  11. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.53%

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    Yes it is. It seems weird in here cause when people post in here they are 97% accurate. Seeing predictions is weird lol.
    I guess it comes down to executing the game plan and Goaltending. Mario was awesome; Yeah Cancer at first Hodgekins he beat and came back. I think his back was all tweaked out thats he i think he retired for the last time. My team is the Flyers i know it sux for me year in year out. Yeah Pavel was an aweosme sick player.
    The flyers lost today but it was a close game. I was jumping for joy at every goal we scored. I bet you got so ticked when we scored in the last minute of the period. Great game though, Biron's solid in nets. If Richards didn't nail Kovalev you guys would have won it. Even though the goals weren't pretty in the play offs a goal is a goal no matter how you get it.
  12. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.53%

Well there we go Alex, we agree on something, lol.
    He had Hodgkins, but the main reason was back and ultimately hip issues. When he first retired he averaged over two points a game for his career. I'm with you on Mario. If only he could have been healthy. Not that you can go wrong with Gretzky. I loved Bure too (fantasy hockey). He sure could score. I'm more a fan of the muckers. Kasparaitis, Ulf Samuelsson, Gary Roberts, etc. But that's cuz I'm a slow skater and all I can do is grab a hold or hack at people.
    Kasparaitis can be a dirty player at times but I see what your saying. I guess your a pens fan? We will see how your team performs tomorrow night against the rangers. I will definitely be watching that game.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Ap

The flyers lost today but it was a close game. I was jumping for joy at every goal we scored. I bet you got so ticked when we scored in the last minute of the period. Great game though, Biron's solid in nets. If Richards didn't nail Kovalev you guys would have won it. Even though the goals weren't pretty in the play offs a goal is a goal no matter how you get it.
    What a great game!! Price looked sharp. He doesn't play like a rookie. He won a championship for the Canada Jr team I think.
    The ref thought Richards hit was a knee to knee. It was definitely a shoulder and clean. What did the your TV announcers say on the reply? Nevertheless, props to the Habs for getting the tying goal with seconds left, and going hard to the net in ot on the game winner.
  14. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.53%

What a great game!! Price looked sharp. He doesn't play like a rookie. He won a championship for the Canada Jr team I think.
    The ref thought Richards hit was a knee to knee. It was definitely a shoulder and clean. What did the your TV announcers say on the reply? Nevertheless, props to the Habs for getting the tying goal with seconds left, and going hard to the net in ot on the game winner.
    I don't remember what they said to be honest, I did see the replay a few times. It looked like a clean hit, kovalev's knee got in the way and made it look a little more dramatic but then again I can't really make the judgment. Game 2 will be something, I thought Philly would have played less intense but they're not giving up. They did get a break with brisbois scoring on his own goal. He didn't have a choice but to try and intercept the pass because he was already beat and if he didn't put his stick out it could have been an open net goal. Overall great game and I think the habs know Philly wont be easy. Pens and Rangers is going to be something, can't wait for that.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Ap

I don't remember what they said to be honest, I did see the replay a few times. It looked like a clean hit, kovalev's knee got in the way and made it look a little more dramatic but then again I can't really make the judgment. Game 2 will be something, I thought Philly would have played less intense but they're not giving up. They did get a break with brisbois scoring on his own goal. He didn't have a choice but to try and intercept the pass because he was already beat and if he didn't put his stick out it could have been an open net goal. Overall great game and I think the habs know Philly wont be easy. Pens and Rangers is going to be something, can't wait for that.
    The Habs definitely played better then the Flyguys. The Hockey gods were on the flyers side with The Hab's hitting 3 post early. The better team won last night. Flyers need to win game 2 because the Habs are the #1 team winning on the road.
    I cant wait for tonights game I actually feel bad not having to pay an extra fee to watch it.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.82%

Kasparaitis can be a dirty player at times but I see what your saying. I guess your a pens fan? We will see how your team performs tomorrow night against the rangers. I will definitely be watching that game.
    Yeah, I grew up just outside of Pitt. Moved to Minnesota for college and stayed.
    I was watching both games and of course had switched over to Detroit and missed the goal at the end of regulation. Fun games. Stoked for tonight. My kids are Wild fans, but are on board for the Pens. My oldest son's (he's 10) hockey number was 68 this year to my chagrin, lol. He loves Jagr.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Thats so great you have your son skating. I forgot Jagr was a picker and didn't back check. He's come a long way and is a complete player now dont ya think?
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.82%

I love it. First year squirt, season ended in March. My daughter is 8 and skated a few years as well, but decided to focus on gymnastics. I have a five year old who starts mites this year. Yikes. I'll be broke.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Bum

I love it. First year squirt, season ended in March. My daughter is 8 and skated a few years as well, but decided to focus on gymnastics. I have a five year old who starts mites this year. Yikes. I'll be broke.
    You must be relieved your daughter decided to save you some $$ I was wondering what it is going to be like waking up at 5am not to mention the 500 bones per season. Imagine when they start competing in HS. Those games are gonna be awesome!
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.82%

Well, it cost us over $2200 this year when you add in league cost, travelling costs, new skates/helmet/etc.
    I don't think he'll play through high school. Baseball is his main game. Plays football and hockey too, but I imagine he'll eventually focus on one.

I am set for tonight. Wife is taking the younger two out for dinner and movie and Aiden and I are watching the game together.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Bum M

Well, it cost us over $2200 this year when you add in league cost, travelling costs, new skates/helmet/etc.
    I don't think he'll play through high school. Baseball is his main game. Plays football and hockey too, but I imagine he'll eventually focus on one.

I am set for tonight. Wife is taking the younger two out for dinner and movie and Aiden and I are watching the game together.
    Dammm those are some series payments. How awesome is game 1 going to be chill n with your boy? Doesn't get any better then that!!!
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.82%

Will be fun.
    I see Gary Roberts is out tonight. Sucks.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

WOW what an amazing game.
  24. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.53%

Game was insane last night. You gotta love the action so far in the second round. Pens really remind me of the habs this season. Their both skilled and fast and very capable of making a comeback. Tonight we're going to see what Philly has to offer. I'm predicting a Philly win tonight, I don't know why I am feeling it.
  25. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.53%

Yup I called it, Philly won last night and it was a hell of a game. Biron was just absolutely amazing in nets. They said on hockey night in canada that he was the difference of the hockey game no doubt about it, stopped everything montreal could offer.

Montreal's going to win game 3. The first two games they played like Don Cherry said, "Dopy" because of the game 7 win in Boston so they all feel like heroes but when they're on the road reality is going to hit them. I have to say Philly is a great team, everyone says they're just hitters but they have just as much skill as montreal if you ask me.

Pens played a great game too, but Rangers came really close. It will be interesting to see how they play in New York.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Ap

Yup I called it, Philly won last night and it was a hell of a game. Biron was just absolutely amazing in nets. They said on hockey night in canada that he was the difference of the hockey game no doubt about it, stopped everything montreal could offer.

Montreal's going to win game 3. The first two games they played like Don Cherry said, "Dopy" because of the game 7 win in Boston so they all feel like heroes but when they're on the road reality is going to hit them. I have to say Philly is a great team, everyone says they're just hitters but they have just as much skill as montreal if you ask me.

Pens played a great game too, but Rangers came really close. It will be interesting to see how they play in New York.
    Dam Ap the last thing I wanted is another psychic prediction from you about tonight. I hope the message you decoded from your spirit guide was misinterpreted this time .
    The Habs are something like 9-1 in playoff games in Philly. Not to mention their amazing power play this year on the road was amazing. I think tonight's game 3 is so crucial it will determine the winner of the series.
    There was a cheap shot after game 2. It will be interesting to see if the Flyers dress Riley Cote. I think this game might get ugly in a hurry. Like the time Ed Hospidar fought Claude Lemeuix after pre game warm ups for shooting the pick into the Flyers net. And then Flyers Coach Mike Keenan had to lock Ron Hextall in the locker room so he wouldn't go out and get into the brawl.
    Pens/Rangers what can you say about that series? Simply amazing hockey being played in those 2 games.
  27. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.53%

Dam Ap the last thing I wanted is another psychic prediction from you about tonight. I hope the message you decoded from your spirit guide was misinterpreted this time .
    The Habs are something like 9-1 in playoff games in Philly. Not to mention their amazing power play this year on the road was amazing. I think tonight's game 3 is so crucial it will determine the winner of the series.
    There was a cheap shot after game 2. It will be interesting to see if the Flyers dress Riley Cote. I think this game might get ugly in a hurry. Like the time Ed Hospidar fought Claude Lemeuix after pre game warm ups for shooting the pick into the Flyers net. And then Flyers Coach Mike Keenan had to lock Ron Hextall in the locker room so he wouldn't go out and get into the brawl.
    Pens/Rangers what can you say about that series? Simply amazing hockey being played in those 2 games.
    Well the reason the cheap shot was given was because(I forget his name) on Phily gave a really cocky smile so I think it was smolinski who gave him a cheap shot, wasn't a hard blow but still cheap. Ya it will definitely get rough in game 3, I know Montreal is pissed for losing at home but even though they have a good record against the Flyers in Philly it doesn't mean anything since the playoffs are a whole new season. It will be another intense game for sure. If Philly's going to beat Montreal they have to hit the net hard and Price needs to play better.

The pens and Rangers is another good game. Crosby is diving a lot though, it's not his fault you have to do what it takes to win in the playoffs. He does have sick moves though I'll admit to that. It's not like the rangers are getting outplayed, they're pretty even with even chances but they need to formulate a line that can score quick. The pens are the only team in the playoffs with no losses, haven't seen that in awhile.

Good luck to your Philly squad Marcus, will be another entertaining game.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.82%

Saturday was a roller coaster at my house during the game. Missed it yesterday since my son had a baseball game, but I brought my XM radio and listed to some of it. That Phily game was fun too.
    San Jose...?
    Colorado looks tired.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Ap

Well the reason the cheap shot was given was because(I forget his name) on Phily gave a really cocky smile so I think it was smolinski who gave him a cheap shot, wasn't a hard blow but still cheap. Ya it will definitely get rough in game 3, I know Montreal is pissed for losing at home but even though they have a good record against the Flyers in Philly it doesn't mean anything since the playoffs are a whole new season. It will be another intense game for sure. If Philly's going to beat Montreal they have to hit the net hard and Price needs to play better.

The pens and Rangers is another good game. Crosby is diving a lot though, it's not his fault you have to do what it takes to win in the playoffs. He does have sick moves though I'll admit to that. It's not like the rangers are getting outplayed, they're pretty even with even chances but they need to formulate a line that can score quick. The pens are the only team in the playoffs with no losses, haven't seen that in awhile.

Good luck to your Philly squad Marcus, will be another entertaining game.
    Oh see in Philly we did not see the taunt at all, we didn't even see the cheap shot we just heard about it. So after hearing about the taunt, I can see why he deserved the shot. Price is a solid goalie your right the Flyers need to crash the net and get rebounds. Rebounds are just about the only way to beat Price.
    Guy Carbonneau is key if he can figure out for his wingers and center to get to the blue line and dump in, the Flyers D cant skate with the oncoming rush with out obstructing or interfering with the habs speed. Guy has a few more adjustments to make. Best of Luck to your Habs, I think this game will decide the series it just doesn't get any better then this. I am not sure who but a 4-2 final.

I agree I do not think the blue shirts are getting outplayed either . The Pens are doing a better job of finishing off plays.
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.67%

The Goal Post and Biron are certainly the Flyers best friends.
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Great game last night. I sat next to the Habs bench. To me the Habs looked like they were in a daze. When they started to wake up they had a 5 Min major power play. The Flyers were lucky to skate away with game 3. I will post a few pics from last night.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.82%

Once they killed the two man advantage and Mont hit the crossbar, you just had a feeling it was the Flyers night. Habs looked good in the third period though.
    Get the feeling the Flyers might be the team that keeps sneaking up on people this year. Daughter has a track meet tonight, so I have to listen to the games on my XM. Oh well.
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Once they killed the two man advantage and Mont hit the crossbar, you just had a feeling it was the Flyers night. Habs looked good in the third period though.
    Get the feeling the Flyers might be the team that keeps sneaking up on people this year. Daughter has a track meet tonight, so I have to listen to the games on my XM. Oh well.
    Habs looked amazing in the 3rd. I thought Guy was going to make me eat my words when I screamed a few things at him when he walked by me after the second period. If the Habs can play with as much intensity as they did in the 3rd Flyers will be in trouble. I think the Habs got their wake up call and are going to come out in game 4 and light up the board.
    Bum can you tape the Pen game? And watch it when you get home? Or do you need to know what is going on live?
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.82%

I thought about it, but I am one of those that needs it live. Maybe I'll try it. I was going to watch the late game when I got home and would hear the score anyway if I did.
    Guy looks like he's had a few broken noses, eh? They came screaming back. Hatcher....former North Star...grrr.
  35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Bm

I thought about it, but I am one of those that needs it live. Maybe I'll try it. I was going to watch the late game when I got home and would hear the score anyway if I did.
    Guy looks like he's had a few broken noses, eh? They came screaming back. Hatcher....former North Star...grrr.
    Yeah guy was a great player and a class act. I cant believe I laid into him but I was toasted up and cocky after being up 3-0 after 2. Maybe you can help me out, I didn't see what Hatcher did, all I saw was dude bleeding as he walked past me to get repaired. Ill tell you what saved the Flyers besides the post was the to many men call with about 4 min left.
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.67%

Habs biggest problem is that they don't park a guy in front of the net. Biron can see every shot clearly and doesn't have to worry about deflections.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.82%

He evidently elbowed and rode him into the boards. Boarding was the call. The guy had a visor on but there was still blood around the eye. I didn't see it either.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.82%

Habs biggest problem is that they don't park a guy in front of the net. Biron can see every shot clearly and doesn't have to worry about deflections.
    Good point. I wonder why?
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%

Hab's Twigs

40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level