ice hockey

Page 2 of 13 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    I know it man, I'm so pumped for the game tonight.. it's due or die cause I'm not sure if we can keep Hossa around next year, but who knows -- it's been a long time coming for the Pens to pull it together!

It kinda feels unfair cause Ottawa just got plagued with injuries -- especially the Alfredsson one -- I felt awful when I saw the replay of him getting the elbow..

Montreal is so good! They went under the radar around here (for whatever reason) and I just noticed about 3 weeks ago how well they were doing..
    Ya the Canadiens and the Pens are pretty much head to head in stats. I'm worried to play them if it comes down to it. At least it's different this year, you don't have the damn Devils dominating like always. In the west it's always Detroit since like 99', it's getting kind of annyoing. I'd like to see Chicago or Vancouver dominate for once.

2. Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Ya the Canadiens and the Pens are pretty much head to head in stats. I'm worried to play them if it comes down to it. At least it's different this year, you don't have the damn Devils dominating like always. In the west it's always Detroit since like 99', it's getting kind of annyoing. I'd like to see Chicago or Vancouver dominate for once.
    Don't alienate Bowman's career. Detroit's always been a powerhouse for a lot longer than that. Kinda obnoxious.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Don't alienate Bowman's career. Detroit's always been a powerhouse for a lot longer than that. Kinda obnoxious.
    Detroit had it's runs but dominating for a longer period than recently? No. My comment had nothing to do with Bowman, he's a top notch coach. I said I'd like to see another team other than Detroit rule the top in the west.

4. Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Detroit had it's runs but dominating for a longer period than recently? No. My comment had nothing to do with Bowman, he's a top notch coach. I said I'd like to see another team other than Detroit rule the top in the west.
    hahaha me too. I hate the redwings.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    LOL yeah as long as he has the puck.
    **Never hit a guy if you can see the back of his jersey numbers**
    You need to be in front of him or on the side of him.
    The key in Hockey is to keep your head up at all times. The skater with the puck with his head down is going to get run over and hell never see it coming.
    yep keep your head up...try and find Don Cherry's rock em sock em clips on you tube..you'll see why. I despise the red wings too
    •   

6. I think keeping your head up is one of the biggest mistakes for un-experienced players.. that's how people get seriously injured -- and typically it's the forwards watching the puck while they stickhandle..

7. I would recommend playing forward, Right wing center or left wing) Its really hard to get into hockey if youve never played...I'm lucky enough to live in Cold ass minnesota where I started skating at 2yrs old. But if at all poss. join a novice leauge. Its an awesome workout you'll have fun and It is by far the best game on EARTH!! GO WilD.

8. The Pens without a doubt look like the Best Team right now!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    The Pens without a doubt look like the Best Team right now!!
    They played Ottawa who lost a lot of their depth from last season. They sucked this season so it's no surprise the pens blew them away. I think they'll have a harder time in the second round.

10. Yes, you bring up a valid point. I cant wait to see who they will play next.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    Yes, you bring up a valid point. I cant wait to see who they will play next.
    most likely New York. I think Montreal's going to meet the pens in the eastern final. That will be a sick match.

12. i know we are in for a treat!!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    Yes, you bring up a valid point. I cant wait to see who they will play next.
    Me too! I'm so pumped we swept Ottawa after the kicked us right in the balls last year..

My playoff beard itches already and it's only the first round..
  14. Red Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Me too! I'm so pumped we swept Ottawa after the kicked us right in the balls last year..

My playoff beard itches already and it's only the first round..
    your playoff beard itching

15. Is it me?;Or are the playoff games in the east being officiated terribly.

16. west is too, but yes, the pens games seemed to be overly officiated. wild series too.

ace, where in minnesota you at? i'm in eagan.

17. The officiating is no different then the regular season. Overly officiated sure, but the players are well aware of that.

I am sure as the playoffs go along, the whistles will be kept in the pockets, much like every year.

18. I am not hating on the refs in any shape or form. It just seems like they are missing a lot of high sticks.

19. I just wish they'd let them play more is all. Guess that's part of having two refs out there now.

20. OMG Montreal got raped last night 5-1 at home!

21. The Habs are definitely not making it out of the east. Ill even go so far as to say they wont make it out of the second round.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    The Habs are definitely not making it out of the east. Ill even go so far as to say they wont make it out of the second round.
    If they keep playing like last night they don't deserve it. Remember though, pens played an injured Ottawa so they had to have 4-0 them. The second round will answer a lot of questions.

23. Being a die hard Flyers fan, I dispise the Pens and all their awesome talent. I would love for the Flyers to make it out of the Cap series alive and to play the Habs, instead of the Pens. Best case for the Flyers is for the Pens and the Rangers to face off in the second round. And for the Flyers to play the Habs. I rather play a rookie goalie in a series any day.

24. Lol, growing up in the Burgh, I feel the same about the Flyers. I agree that the best thing for Philly would be for Pens to face the Rangers. Well, other than that they should first get past Washington....

25. BM your are 100% correct.
    The Flyers again had a 2 goal lead and blew it. I guess this game 7 is going to come down to coaching adjustments. I am definitely stressing this one. Alex may be to much for the Flyers to handle tonight. Nevertheless, the winner of the Pens/Rangers is going to win the Eastern Conference.

26. Game 7 between Philly and Rangers is going to be interesting to watch. Glad Montreal blew Boston out in game 7. The second round is going to answer all the questions, we're gonna see who has more depth.

27. I agree with you Marcus on the coaching and Rangers/Pens.
    I think I'd rather play the Caps if I were the Pens and count on outscoring them. Would be a fun series. The Rangers make me uneasy. Think I'll pull for the Caps I suppose. Both games tonight...going to be great. Can't wait.

28. Must be nice to kick back and not have to worry about your team in a pivotal game 7. FLYERS MUST WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! lol enjoy the games tonight haha

29. Hasn't happened in a while for me!
    Guy in the next office is from Atlantic City. Been having some spirited Flyers discussions all day.
    Imagine we'll have something to talk about tomorrow. Good luck...

30. Opps I meant Philly and Wash.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hockey Fights DVD
    By Chad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 02:46 PM
  2. Hockey sticks?
    By sogone2day in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 12:59 PM
  3. Is hockey dead ?