ice hockey

Page 2 of 10 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    Yes, you bring up a valid point. I cant wait to see who they will play next.
    most likely New York. I think Montreal's going to meet the pens in the eastern final. That will be a sick match.

2. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

i know we are in for a treat!!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Yes, you bring up a valid point. I cant wait to see who they will play next.
    Me too! I'm so pumped we swept Ottawa after the kicked us right in the balls last year..

My playoff beard itches already and it's only the first round..
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

Red Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Me too! I'm so pumped we swept Ottawa after the kicked us right in the balls last year..

My playoff beard itches already and it's only the first round..
    your playoff beard itching
  5. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

Is it me?;Or are the playoff games in the east being officiated terribly.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Answers

west is too, but yes, the pens games seemed to be overly officiated. wild series too.

ace, where in minnesota you at? i'm in eagan.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

The officiating is no different then the regular season. Overly officiated sure, but the players are well aware of that.

I am sure as the playoffs go along, the whistles will be kept in the pockets, much like every year.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

I am not hating on the refs in any shape or form. It just seems like they are missing a lot of high sticks.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Answers

I just wish they'd let them play more is all. Guess that's part of having two refs out there now.
  10. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

OMG Montreal got raped last night 5-1 at home!
  11. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

The Habs are definitely not making it out of the east. Ill even go so far as to say they wont make it out of the second round.
  12. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

The Habs are definitely not making it out of the east. Ill even go so far as to say they wont make it out of the second round.
    If they keep playing like last night they don't deserve it. Remember though, pens played an injured Ottawa so they had to have 4-0 them. The second round will answer a lot of questions.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

Being a die hard Flyers fan, I dispise the Pens and all their awesome talent. I would love for the Flyers to make it out of the Cap series alive and to play the Habs, instead of the Pens. Best case for the Flyers is for the Pens and the Rangers to face off in the second round. And for the Flyers to play the Habs. I rather play a rookie goalie in a series any day.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Answers

Lol, growing up in the Burgh, I feel the same about the Flyers. I agree that the best thing for Philly would be for Pens to face the Rangers. Well, other than that they should first get past Washington....
  15. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

BM your are 100% correct.
    The Flyers again had a 2 goal lead and blew it. I guess this game 7 is going to come down to coaching adjustments. I am definitely stressing this one. Alex may be to much for the Flyers to handle tonight. Nevertheless, the winner of the Pens/Rangers is going to win the Eastern Conference.
  16. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Game 7 between Philly and Rangers is going to be interesting to watch. Glad Montreal blew Boston out in game 7. The second round is going to answer all the questions, we're gonna see who has more depth.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Answers

I agree with you Marcus on the coaching and Rangers/Pens.
    I think I'd rather play the Caps if I were the Pens and count on outscoring them. Would be a fun series. The Rangers make me uneasy. Think I'll pull for the Caps I suppose. Both games tonight...going to be great. Can't wait.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

Must be nice to kick back and not have to worry about your team in a pivotal game 7. FLYERS MUST WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! lol enjoy the games tonight haha
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Answers

Hasn't happened in a while for me!
    Guy in the next office is from Atlantic City. Been having some spirited Flyers discussions all day.
    Imagine we'll have something to talk about tomorrow. Good luck...
  20. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Opps I meant Philly and Wash.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

I never want to go through the drama of a game 7 again. I cant wait for the Pens/Rangers series. I definitely think the Flyers can beat the Habs. Then they will get smoked by the Pens.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Answers

Exciting game. I caught the first and most of the third period and overtime. I think the Flyers will get past the Habs too. Rangers worry me a bit, but I think the Pens will be fine.
    So is Mike Keenan the most arrogant coach ever?
    Detroit Colorado could be fun. Wish Claude Lemieux was still around, lol.
  23. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

I couldn't watch the Flame game after the Flyer's game because I was so mentally drained. What did Keenan say? He was a tough coach when he coached the Flyers in the 80's and the BlackHawks. He won a cup with the Rangers. Everywhere he has been he caused a lot of Sh**.
    I met Claude a few years ago when I was working with the Coyotes out in Arizona. Awesome guy. I didnt ask him about Draper. I did however ask him about Hextall lol
  24. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

I am still a little bent at Forsburgh not coming back to Philly. But I guess winning a cup with the AVS I can see why he chose to be reunited with them. I think he would of came to Philly if Gagne didn't go down. Nevertheless, I don't want him to to win the cup. Plus my girl is from hockeytown usa. Yeah its gonna be a great series.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Answers

He pulled Kiprosov in the 2nd after a goal he had no chance on. Put Cujo in and he gave up a soft one a few seconds later. made it 5-2 I think. Anyway, the announcers were confused and finally concluded it was just one of the things he does and no one knows why. Flames looked deflated after that.
    I sat next to Keenan at an NHL awards banquet when he was with the Flyers. He was quiet, but polite. (I was working with the North Stars). What did you do with Phx?
  26. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

Bum

Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    He pulled Kiprosov in the 2nd after a goal he had no chance on. Put Cujo in and he gave up a soft one a few seconds later. made it 5-2 I think. Anyway, the announcers were confused and finally concluded it was just one of the things he does and no one knows why. Flames looked deflated after that.
    I sat next to Keenan at an NHL awards banquet when he was with the Flyers. He was quiet, but polite. (I was working with the North Stars). What did you do with Phx?
    Oh Man the North stars Neil Brotten was the shizzy. I loved that organization.
    Actually, I worked for one of the Coyotes. I worked the door for Andre Nazorov he owned a club in downtown Phoenix. It was great meeting/hanging with all the guys. As you know first hand the Players are so cool and laid back. Brad May was one of the nicest guys I have ever met.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

I don't know if you saw last night after Lupal's goal the Cap fans were throwing stuff at the Flyers. Carter was doing an interview and a Cap fan was throwing stuff at him. How low class is that? Even the Philly fans don't do that lol
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Answers

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. Imagine some interesting people passed through the door. Does he still own it? I am slated to head down there in June for work.

Neil Broten was fun. Three weeks ago my friend's band played a bar in Baldwin, WI. Not far over the Minn/Wisc border from the Twin Cities. Broten was there of all things. I recognized him right away and spoke for a few minutes. Said he wanted to get out without dealing with people. Of all places. Anyway, it looked like my group was the only one that recognized him. He seemed pretty tuned up.

Was great when the North Stars (won't call them the Stars) played the Pens in the cup. Got to see Lemieux and all the others lift the cup.
    Needless to say, I'm pulling for San Jose. My second favorite team is whoever is playing Dallas.
    The players are laid back. Fun to be around. I kept stats and went down to record locker room interviews (wasn't permitted to ask questions, lol) whenever ESPN or MSG was in town.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Answers

Never been to a game there. It was low class all the way. Of the places I have been, Chicago was the worst. Some of the Hawks-North Stars games were crazy back then. Second worst....the Spectrum. I had exit routes planned out after a few minutes.
  30. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Phillys good but no good enough to take out Montreal. I say the series will end in 5 to 6 games, no more than that.
  31. Registered User
    Answers

Not that it really means anything as was demonstrated last series.

But the habs went 4-0 this season against the Flyers outscoring them 15-6
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Answers

Hartnell needs to stay out of the box.
  33. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

Bum

Never been to a game there. It was low class all the way. Of the places I have been, Chicago was the worst. Some of the Hawks-North Stars games were crazy back then. Second worst....the Spectrum. I had exit routes planned out after a few minutes.
    Wow That Chicago rink was really small must of been a great place to watch the game. Spectrum lol @ ext routes planned thats so crazy.
  34. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

Bumm

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. Imagine some interesting people passed through the door. Does he still own it? I am slated to head down there in June for work.

Neil Broten was fun. Three weeks ago my friend's band played a bar in Baldwin, WI. Not far over the Minn/Wisc border from the Twin Cities. Broten was there of all things. I recognized him right away and spoke for a few minutes. Said he wanted to get out without dealing with people. Of all places. Anyway, it looked like my group was the only one that recognized him. He seemed pretty tuned up.

Was great when the North Stars (won't call them the Stars) played the Pens in the cup. Got to see Lemieux and all the others lift the cup.
    Needless to say, I'm pulling for San Jose. My second favorite team is whoever is playing Dallas.
    The players are laid back. Fun to be around. I kept stats and went down to record locker room interviews (wasn't permitted to ask questions, lol) whenever ESPN or MSG was in town.
    Can you believe the only one I missed meeting on that team was the great one? "Prive" folded after about a year, it was inside the San Carlos Hotel in d/town Phoenix. Place is actually haunted. Some weird stuff would happen at the same time every night. It was fun while it lasted. Your gonna love AZ hopefully it wont be to hot.
    I can't believe you ran into the Brot Man that must have been so cool to see him again.
    Wow seeing that Pitt Cup series must have been amazing. What an awesome gig you had.
  35. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

Ap

Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Phillys good but no good enough to take out Montreal. I say the series will end in 5 to 6 games, no more than that.
    I think Fly Guys have a decent shot. Especially, if they can get to the rookie Price early in the series.
  36. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

I think Fly Guys have a decent shot. Especially, if they can get to the rookie Price early in the series.
    Philly needs to hit hard, hit the top players all the time if they want a chance. Look what Boston did, they started hitting hard, going to the net and made montreal play their style in games 5 and 6 but montreal got their act together for the final game. They took boston lightly and they obviously know Phillys no joke so we shall see tonight. Phillys an entertaining hockey team so this will be exciting. Can't wait for the pens and rangers, that's going to be a hockey game. I think the pens plan of facing ottawa in the first round back fired. Now they have to play a tough rangers squad in the second round. To be honest I hope rangers win, I can't stand Crosby.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Answers

I don't see the Rangers winning, but they are tough. Would rather have faced Washington. Hate Crosby? How about Jagr? Never could stand him, even when he was with Pitt. Regardless, will be a good series.
    I agree with the above, If the Flyers can bang them up yet stay out of the box, they can pull it off.
    Any thoughts on the Campbell, I mean Western, Conference?
  38. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

Ap

Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Philly needs to hit hard, hit the top players all the time if they want a chance. Look what Boston did, they started hitting hard, going to the net and made montreal play their style in games 5 and 6 but montreal got their act together for the final game. They took boston lightly and they obviously know Phillys no joke so we shall see tonight. Phillys an entertaining hockey team so this will be exciting. Can't wait for the pens and rangers, that's going to be a hockey game. I think the pens plan of facing ottawa in the first round back fired. Now they have to play a tough rangers squad in the second round. To be honest I hope rangers win, I can't stand Crosby.
    Dam it AP after seeing your post about the habs in 5 or 6 you got me worried. I actually forgot how dam fast the habs are.
    I despise Crosby cause hes a big phuc*ing BABY. Ill give it up he is the second best hockey player in the NHL. Nevertheless a baby and easy to hate.
  39. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

Bm

I don't see the Rangers winning, but they are tough. Would rather have faced Washington. Hate Crosby? How about Jagr? Never could stand him, even when he was with Pitt. Regardless, will be a good series.
    I agree with the above, If the Flyers can bang them up yet stay out of the box, they can pull it off.
    Any thoughts on the Campbell, I mean Western, Conference?
    I am so not interested in the Sharks vs Stars game. The Wings vs Avs is going to be a great series.
  40. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Answers

What do you guys think? Here is how I see it.
    Flyers
    Pens
    -----------
    Red Wings
    Sharks
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hockey Fights DVD
    By Chad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 01:46 PM
  2. Hockey sticks?