ice hockey

Page 2 of 16 First 1234 ... Last

  1. PENS FTW! It's revenge time against Ottawa for last year..


  2. Do the Flyers have a shot against the CAPS?
    •   
       


  3. Flyers are always beasts so I'd say so...

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    PENS FTW! It's revenge time against Ottawa for last year..
    You guys have such a sick line up, Crosby, Malkin, Hossa just to name a few, definitely a cup contender. I stopped watching hockey but since Montreal did so good this season it brought a little of the passion back.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    You guys have such a sick line up, Crosby, Malkin, Hossa just to name a few, definitely a cup contender. I stopped watching hockey but since Montreal did so good this season it brought a little of the passion back.
    I know it man, I'm so pumped for the game tonight.. it's due or die cause I'm not sure if we can keep Hossa around next year, but who knows -- it's been a long time coming for the Pens to pull it together!

    It kinda feels unfair cause Ottawa just got plagued with injuries -- especially the Alfredsson one -- I felt awful when I saw the replay of him getting the elbow..

    Montreal is so good! They went under the radar around here (for whatever reason) and I just noticed about 3 weeks ago how well they were doing..
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    I know it man, I'm so pumped for the game tonight.. it's due or die cause I'm not sure if we can keep Hossa around next year, but who knows -- it's been a long time coming for the Pens to pull it together!

    It kinda feels unfair cause Ottawa just got plagued with injuries -- especially the Alfredsson one -- I felt awful when I saw the replay of him getting the elbow..

    Montreal is so good! They went under the radar around here (for whatever reason) and I just noticed about 3 weeks ago how well they were doing..
    Ya the Canadiens and the Pens are pretty much head to head in stats. I'm worried to play them if it comes down to it. At least it's different this year, you don't have the damn Devils dominating like always. In the west it's always Detroit since like 99', it's getting kind of annyoing. I'd like to see Chicago or Vancouver dominate for once.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Ya the Canadiens and the Pens are pretty much head to head in stats. I'm worried to play them if it comes down to it. At least it's different this year, you don't have the damn Devils dominating like always. In the west it's always Detroit since like 99', it's getting kind of annyoing. I'd like to see Chicago or Vancouver dominate for once.
    Don't alienate Bowman's career. Detroit's always been a powerhouse for a lot longer than that. Kinda obnoxious.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    [email protected]
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  8. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Don't alienate Bowman's career. Detroit's always been a powerhouse for a lot longer than that. Kinda obnoxious.
    Detroit had it's runs but dominating for a longer period than recently? No. My comment had nothing to do with Bowman, he's a top notch coach. I said I'd like to see another team other than Detroit rule the top in the west.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Detroit had it's runs but dominating for a longer period than recently? No. My comment had nothing to do with Bowman, he's a top notch coach. I said I'd like to see another team other than Detroit rule the top in the west.
    hahaha me too. I hate the redwings.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    [email protected]
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    LOL yeah as long as he has the puck.
    **Never hit a guy if you can see the back of his jersey numbers**
    You need to be in front of him or on the side of him.
    The key in Hockey is to keep your head up at all times. The skater with the puck with his head down is going to get run over and hell never see it coming.
    yep keep your head up...try and find Don Cherry's rock em sock em clips on you tube..you'll see why. I despise the red wings too

  11. I think keeping your head up is one of the biggest mistakes for un-experienced players.. that's how people get seriously injured -- and typically it's the forwards watching the puck while they stickhandle..

  12. I would recommend playing forward, Right wing center or left wing) Its really hard to get into hockey if youve never played...I'm lucky enough to live in Cold ass minnesota where I started skating at 2yrs old. But if at all poss. join a novice leauge. Its an awesome workout you'll have fun and It is by far the best game on EARTH!! GO WilD.

  13. The Pens without a doubt look like the Best Team right now!!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    The Pens without a doubt look like the Best Team right now!!
    They played Ottawa who lost a lot of their depth from last season. They sucked this season so it's no surprise the pens blew them away. I think they'll have a harder time in the second round.

  15. Yes, you bring up a valid point. I cant wait to see who they will play next.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    Yes, you bring up a valid point. I cant wait to see who they will play next.
    most likely New York. I think Montreal's going to meet the pens in the eastern final. That will be a sick match.

  17. i know we are in for a treat!!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    Yes, you bring up a valid point. I cant wait to see who they will play next.
    Me too! I'm so pumped we swept Ottawa after the kicked us right in the balls last year..

    My playoff beard itches already and it's only the first round..
  19. Red Dog


    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Me too! I'm so pumped we swept Ottawa after the kicked us right in the balls last year..

    My playoff beard itches already and it's only the first round..
    your playoff beard itching

  20. Is it me?;Or are the playoff games in the east being officiated terribly.

  21. west is too, but yes, the pens games seemed to be overly officiated. wild series too.

    ace, where in minnesota you at? i'm in eagan.

  22. The officiating is no different then the regular season. Overly officiated sure, but the players are well aware of that.

    I am sure as the playoffs go along, the whistles will be kept in the pockets, much like every year.

  23. I am not hating on the refs in any shape or form. It just seems like they are missing a lot of high sticks.

  24. I just wish they'd let them play more is all. Guess that's part of having two refs out there now.

  25. OMG Montreal got raped last night 5-1 at home!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Is hockey dead ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 02:23 PM
  2. Ice Cold Showers for Post Cycle
    By Pirate in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 05:34 PM
  3. IGF-1 LR3 shipped without ice..ruined?
    By Tiltowait in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 09:26 AM
  4. Post hockey game nutrition?
    By Alt+F4 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 09:14 AM
  5. Need a name for a ball hockey team!
    By Juggernaut in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Log in
Log in