ice hockey

Page 12 of 16 First ... 1011121314 ... Last
  1. Ziquor

Quote Originally Posted by Ziquor View Post
    Game was crazy, but thanks to the nearly 5hr long game I got about 2 hrs of sleep. I got tickets to tomorrows game though.
    you have what ????????????????????? that is awesome!!!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    you have what ????????????????????? that is awesome!!!
    Yeah, it was actually dumb luck. Ended up getting them from a vendor. I'm glad they made it this far, the press all gave it to Detroit 4-0 and they're tough as hell. But regardless of the outcome the Pens team's so amazingly young so we should have a soild team for years to come.
    •   

3. Agreed. Wow....Enjoy the game. Give that vendor some extra business!
    Where you from?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    Agreed. Wow....Enjoy the game. Give that vendor some extra business!
    Where you from?
    I hear ya, Pittsburgh. Just moved back from San Fran recently, big difference. But I grew up here & it's home.

5. I grew up in Blackhawk.....been in Minnesota since 87, but get back now and then.
    •   

6. I do not think the pens will have enough money to keep their top 5 players for the next few years. Can they stick together for at least 3-5 years?

7. Exactly, for the pens to be dominated the way they were and still win? They were out shot something like 54-24. It was exhausting just to stay up and watch the 3 OTs because I always have to get up early but it was worth it. I like crashing the net goals as well but it would have sucked if Detroit would have won the cup that way.

I wonder what the pens salary cap is. Reminds me of the Ottawa team a few years ago when they had an all-star team. They don't last very long though. I say maybe 2 more years.

8. There are a lot of free agents. Are we allowed to post links? I have an article that breaks it all down nicely. If not, I can pm it.

9. Bum what do you think personally? And congrats again

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    There are a lot of free agents. Are we allowed to post links? I have an article that breaks it all down nicely. If not, I can pm it.
    sure post the links

11. About the free agents? They have a long term issue. Malkin, Fleuery, and Stall are signed for next year, but need to be signed to long term deals like Crosby and Gonchar are. So they need to iron that out. July 1st is the start of free agency. Malone, Orpik, and Hossa will be pretty hot, so if they want to sign any of them, they need to get on it before July 1st, which means they need to work on the long term deals in order to know the cap room. Crosby took less in order to sign long term and stay. The other three have said they like playing together, so maybe they will follow suit, though I heard recently that Malkin wants to wait and see. Can't really fault that.
    I imagine they will hold onto those three for years to come. The other three will probably move on, unfortunately. Would like to keep at least one of those three if not more.
    In other words, I guess I have no clue what will happen, lol.

Regardless, their core will be awesome for a long time and they should just get better...

12. Here is the link that I shamelessly plagiarized above.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_568931.html

13. Great article Bum. I get the feeling Malkin wants to be the man on a team. I think he would like to switch conferences. Stall is awesome and a must keep. Whitney being locked up was a huge signing.

14. Crosby = diver, *****, whiner. I hate the Pens, i want Crosby to break his f'ing neck tomorrow. After that Rangers series, I had a new found hatred for Pittsburgh.

Malkin = dirty prick. He slew footed Mara (rangers defenseman) TWICE in one game. Dirty fella.

Fleury=French Canadian piece of sh!t.

However, they came through last night with 30 seconds, and ya you gotta hand it to them

15. dam you must be from Philly New York or New Jersey

16. Quote Originally Posted by qwerty666 View Post
    Crosby = diver, *****, whiner. I hate the Pens, i want Crosby to break his f'ing neck tomorrow. After that Rangers series, I had a new found hatred for Pittsburgh.

Malkin = dirty prick. He slew footed Mara (rangers defenseman) TWICE in one game. Dirty fella.

However, they came through last night with 30 seconds, and ya you gotta hand it to them
    Yawn.

17. Blackhawk, no ****? I live in Monroeville. I honestly don't think the Pens have a lot of 'big stars', they're just balanced well IMO. I think Crosby's good and at 20 he'll get much better by his mid 20's. But I think he's overrated, big time. Unless it's just a local thing around here, they hype him up like he'll be the next Gretzy or Lemieux but there's no way. He'll be great no doubt, but not like the media promises.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Ziquor View Post
    Blackhawk, no ****? I live in Monroeville. I honestly don't think the Pens have a lot of 'big stars', they're just balanced well IMO. I think Crosby's good and at 20 he'll get much better by his mid 20's. But I think he's overrated, big time. Unless it's just a local thing around here, they hype him up like he'll be the next Gretzy or Lemieux but there's no way. He'll be great no doubt, but not like the media promises.
    Yea Im with you there. Gretzky was sooo far ahead of everyone else in his day. His numbers are silly good. He's hundres of goals and points and what not ahead of the number 2 guys. He literally could score when he wanted to like a basketball player does now......Obviously its much harder in hockey when 4-5 goals are scored between the 2 team in a game vs. over 200 points in basketball.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

19. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Yea Im with you there. Gretzky was sooo far ahead of everyone else in his day. His numbers are silly good. He's hundres of goals and points and what not ahead of the number 2 guys. He literally could score when he wanted to like a basketball player does now......Obviously its much harder in hockey when 4-5 goals are scored between the 2 team in a game vs. over 200 points in basketball.
    Don't forget the era that he played in and all of the HoF players around him. Kurri, Messier, Coffey, and Glenn Anderson (should be in the HoF)
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

20. Yeah, those early 80's Islander teams and the Oilers teams were something. No one will score 2 points a game for a career like Mario did his first time around.

Yeah, grew up in Blackhawk and came here for college in 87 and ended up staying....used to skate at Monroeville Mall. There are some guys at our Steeler bar from Monroeville......

21. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Old School Oilers were the ****.

The Islanders were a dynasty for a while back in the 70's. Now look at 'em.
    Early 80's

Such a different era, 50 goal scorers where a dime a dozen, but now it's a huge accomplishment.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

22. Quote Originally Posted by qwerty666 View Post
    Crosby = diver, *****, whiner. I hate the Pens, i want Crosby to break his f'ing neck tomorrow. After that Rangers series, I had a new found hatred for Pittsburgh.

Based on these childish, inaccurate, biased, hateful, unreasonable, irrational, and generally ridiculous statements, it seems you must fall between the ages of 8-14 and seriously lack any legitimate education as well a functioning concept of modesty or integrity.

Take a look at this thread -- we don't act like little kids and talk **** in here. Nobody needs that. We discuss hockey like "grown-ups" instead of trying to piss on each other regardless of what teams we like. Actually, get 1 respected person of this board to support the behavior in your post and I'll never post in this thread again.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Based on these childish, inaccurate, biased, hateful, unreasonable, irrational, and generally ridiculous statements, it seems you must fall between the ages of 8-14 and seriously lack any legitimate education as well a functioning concept of modesty or integrity.

Take a look at this thread -- we don't act like little kids and talk **** in here. Nobody needs that. We discuss hockey like "grown-ups" instead of trying to piss on each other regardless of what teams we like. Actually, get 1 respected person of this board to support the behavior in your post and I'll never post in this thread again.
    alright guy, dont get your panties in a bunch...I was just venting and you dont vent? And yes, i am 9 years old using a bodybuilding forum, getting advice on how to use gear.

Anyway, i see you guys are talking about isle's.."duh duh duh duhdah duh duh duh dudah duh duh duh dudah duh.duh.duh." POTVIN SUCKS!! ahaha its hard to spell out.

24. Gretzky, Lemieux, Messier and Yzerman played in an era where it was legal to grab, hold and obstruct. Players today have it easy as far as offense goes in the NEW RULES NHL. The Great One is and always will be the GREATEST 1.92 points per game.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is hockey dead ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 02:23 PM
  2. Ice Cold Showers for Post Cycle
    By Pirate in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 05:34 PM
  3. IGF-1 LR3 shipped without ice..ruined?
    By Tiltowait in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 09:26 AM
  4. Post hockey game nutrition?
    By Alt+F4 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 09:14 AM
  5. Need a name for a ball hockey team!
    By Juggernaut in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 07:19 PM