ice hockey

Page 12 of 13 First ... 10111213 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    What position do you play?
    Mainly OF, but spent some time this season @2B and C
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

2. I ask because their was a Pro Scout I was sitting next to at the Phillies game the other night. We were talking about Chase Utley and his height. I had asked him if their was going to be a shift in signing the smaller framed baseball players. He said absolutely. Just thought I would add some more hope for your draft.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    I ask because their was a Pro Scout I was sitting next to at the Phillies game the other night. We were talking about Chase Utley and his height. I had asked him if their was going to be a shift in signing the smaller framed baseball players. He said absolutely. Just thought I would add some more hope for your draft.
    Thanks man. I really hope so!!!!

4. Yeah big time props to the 'Wings. That game was crazy I'm just happy I got the chance to be there. After the game it seemed like almost everyone stayed in the stadium until after the ceromony, so it rocked.

5. That must have been awesome!!!!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    That must have been awesome!!!!
    Yeah it was the 1st cup game I've been to, it was awesome. Now the season's over I just hope the Pens are able to retain Fleury. Out of everyone he's def the big priority. Seems like everyone's picking Stamkos to go 1st in the draft.

7. Ya the wings played good, no denying that. Pittsburgh came close to tying up the hockey game. But either way great series. What was with Chelios in the end? Looked like he just stepped out of a tanning booth.

8. LOL tanning booth. He was a healthy scratch the whole series right? and Mc Carty?

9. McCarty was in a couple. The one Holmstrom missed and I believe the other one as well. I thought Chelios had an injury he was rehabing. I'm probably wrong.

10. Yeah I cant see why he wouldnt play Chelly must have be strained.
    •   

11. Did you guys hear what tiger woods said about hockey? He was asked in an interview who he was going for, Detroit or Pittsburgh, he said, "I don't really care", and "Nobody watches hockey anymore". Lol I found this funny coming from a golfer, because after all golf is the most exciting sport to watch right?

12. Hes a California Kid so he is referring to when the Great One came to the Kings it really helped the NHL and its fan base back then. At least thats the way I see it.

13. He's probably only been exposed to hockey through Happy Gilmore.
    I did see that. I love to golf. I watch a lot of golf on Sunday afternoons. Best sleep aid since Melatonin.

14. lol hel yeah

15. Lol... Yeah sports come down to what you've been exposed to when you were a kid. I like everything from Basketball, tennis, soccer, hockey etc... He obviously wasn't exposed to hockey so he doesn't understand the intensity or playoff hockey. He doesn't know the thrills the game has to offer. I'll give him negligence because he doesn't know that all the major cities in North America have had hockey since the 1900's.

I think every sport has to be appreciated. Every sport has something to offer and requires a lot of skill. Golf is something I do to relax, I don't really take it seriously.

16. He'll probably buy a team in a few years.
    Ever watched the celebrity golf tour events? Seems like they are all hockey players, quarterbacks, or kickers. I bet Mario will join the Senior tour when he hits 50.

I agree about what you are exposed to. I like most sports, though I have trouble with basketball other than in March. I'm one of those who can watch soccer and enjoy a 0-0 match. Football and hockey tend to be more involved when watching, whereas I can watch a baseball/soccer/golf event and drift in and out, work in the garage, etc. They all have their place. Therapy, lol.
    I look at it this way as well....It keeps the kids off of cartoons/video games/etc. If the game is on in the background, they aren't glued to it. They read/play games, that kind of stuff in the winter. In the summer they are outside, so it is less of an issue.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    He'll probably buy a team in a few years.
    Ever watched the celebrity golf tour events? Seems like they are all hockey players, quarterbacks, or kickers. I bet Mario will join the Senior tour when he hits 50.

I agree about what you are exposed to. I like most sports, though I have trouble with basketball other than in March. I'm one of those who can watch soccer and enjoy a 0-0 match. Football and hockey tend to be more involved when watching, whereas I can watch a baseball/soccer/golf event and drift in and out, work in the garage, etc. They all have their place. Therapy, lol.
    Agreed! and football was a sport I forgot to mention, it has it's moment's of intensity and I'm sure I don't have to explain. Beautiful plays, catches, last second opportunities... very similar to hockey.

I just wont take the time to watch golf because it's not active enough. People are different and that's what makes this world the way it is but I respect that sport and everyone who watches it or has a passion for it.

18. The one I can't get into is NASCAR. Loyal fans though, wow. I tried and just didn't get the appeal.

you know what I hated? The glowing puck they had a few years back with the halo. I did kind of like the comet trail on the slap shots though, lol.

19. Yeah nascar fans are die hard. I just don't get it. I respect how intense it is the heat and the pit stops the driving but driving in 500 circles all day making left turns only make me dizzy just thinking about it.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    The one I can't get into is NASCAR. Loyal fans though, wow. I tried and just didn't get the appeal.

you know what I hated? The glowing puck they had a few years back with the halo. I did kind of like the comet trail on the slap shots though, lol.
    LOL tell me about it. They said it was for the older audience who couldn't see the puck very well. I wonder what the marketing department for the NHL was thinking?? They must have been payed very well too!

Yes Nascar is something I can't get into, I tried. I watched the whole Indy 500 (I think that's Nascar) and wow... Formula 1 on the other hand is some what more interesting. I won't sit there intentionally and watch it but if it's on I don't mind watching. For some reason all my other side of the family who are Italians just adore the event. Maybe it's the Ferrari aspect.

21. Here's my little guy. Don't have any baseball pics yet. He's in travelling U10 AA right now. Was his first year in Squirt hockey. I coached defense on his football team, was a blast. This was after the first playoff game in the mud. He and a few friends had a hockey clinic after and ended up skating with mud all over themselves....

aidencaptain.jpg

aidenplayoffs.jpg

22. Cute kid Bum. How did you find coaching? Was it fun? A pain? Out of the way?

23. Time of my life, actually. it was 3rd-4th graders. This year it's 5th-6th, so bigger/faster. Some rule differences. We had a great team, so that probably made it easier. We didn't go by the tryout ratings during the draft and went with kids we new from hockey and it worked out. 4-5 days a week was tough at times with work, but there are 4 coaches, so we were fine. Tryouts are the end of July and we're all coaching together again. Looking forward to it.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    Time of my life, actually. it was 3rd-4th graders. This year it's 5th-6th, so bigger/faster. Some rule differences. We had a great team, so that probably made it easier. We didn't go by the tryout ratings during the draft and went with kids we new from hockey and it worked out. 4-5 days a week was tough at times with work, but there are 4 coaches, so we were fine. Tryouts are the end of July and we're all coaching together again. Looking forward to it.
    That really sounds like fun. When I have a kids some day I will definitely enroll my son in Hockey and most likely coach. Never had that chance to play when I was a kid. It was either soccer most of my life or tennis. I did play tons of street hockey though but the atmosphere of a rink is indescribably.
  25. Bum

Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    Here's my little guy. Don't have any baseball pics yet. He's in travelling U10 AA right now. Was his first year in Squirt hockey. I coached defense on his football team, was a blast. This was after the first playoff game in the mud. He and a few friends had a hockey clinic after and ended up skating with mud all over themselves....

aidencaptain.jpg

aidenplayoffs.jpg
    Omg your son has Athlete written all over him. When I fist looked at him I could of sworn it was a mini Mats Sundin!!! Awesome!!!!!

26. Lol, Thanks.
    He enjoys it. My younger son is sick of going to all of the tournaments, etc, so I'm hoping he doesn't get turned off. Starts tee-ball in a few weeks.
    Coach for sure Alex, it is so rewarding. I didn't get to play hockey either since we didn't have it in Pitt back then. Only got to play soccer and wrestle as my parents always told me I was too small to play anything else. One of the few things I wish they had done differently. I will never tell my kids no to any activity as long as they follow through.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    Lol, Thanks.
    He enjoys it. My younger son is sick of going to all of the tournaments, etc, so I'm hoping he doesn't get turned off. Starts tee-ball in a few weeks.
    Coach for sure Alex, it is so rewarding. I didn't get to play hockey either since we didn't have it in Pitt back then. Only got to play soccer and wrestle as my parents always told me I was too small to play anything else. One of the few things I wish they had done differently. I will never tell my kids no to any activity as long as they follow through.
    My prayers are with you for that. My little brother was dragged to all my events etc.....Not to sound consedid(SP?) but I am a very good athlete and my brother, who has been gifted genetically @ 16yrs. 6'2" 170lbs and never lifted weights but a few times with me. Is prolly a 60ecto/40meso, hates sports.

He has tried to play but always quits and is somewhat of a loser. I know its sounds mean but I try every day to straighten him out and it just doesn't seem to work. We are night and day. Hangs out with a bad crowd etc....

28. That has to be tough. I am the oldest as well. I just didn't get to play much sports until I was in college and after. My little brother is 9 inches taller than I am, so he played football. Now he's heavy and out of shape and I'm taking care of myself. It's fun, my oldest will come down with me when I work out and walk on the treadmill and do a few push ups and crunches. Figure get him into the mind set now for when he's older and can hit it.
    Good luck with your bro. All you can do is keep trying to influence him.

29. Roberts and Malone are gone....

30. Orpik is the guy the pens need to keep. Why doesnt he want to stay? If I were a pens fan I would be happy Malone and Roberts moved on.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hockey Fights DVD
    By Chad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 03:46 PM
  2. Hockey sticks?
    By sogone2day in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 01:59 PM
  3. Is hockey dead ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 32