The Debate: Best player in the NBA right now

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
I have to go with Kobe Bryant, he just KILLS the other team, just flat our ruthless on the court. Lebron is #2, but i think he needs to lose the ridiculous headband, its holding back his mean streak.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Yeah its def betwenn those two. Im going with Lebron though. Kobe is just a flat out ball hog. I think Lebron carries his team and gets best out of them like Jordan did with the bulls.

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
Yeah its def betwenn those two. Im going with Lebron though. Kobe is just a flat out ball hog. I think Lebron carries his team and gets best out of them like Jordan did with the bulls.

yes I agree... never have been a Kobe fan tho.. so maybe im just biased in this opinion

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
Jordan was also a ball-hog in the same sense as Kobe. I would also have to say Kobe plays with a bunch of softies, so he almost needs to step it up. The way Kobe is playing now reminds me of the bulls/knicks series when Jordan just went f*cking nuts and just dunked and screamed at Ewing.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
It could really go either way. Kobe plays slightly better defense. Lebron's numbers are better. It's a toss-up. We'll have to see how they finish the season. I'd give it to Lebron though, admittedly due to Kobe's sh*t personality.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
I really like watching Dwight Howard. For a young guy hes got potential

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
Howard is definitely a freak, but he needs more of a mean streak in him.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
I think obviously down the line Lebron will be known as one of the top 5 players of all time. He seems much more motivated this year and his defense is improving, but its definitely not as tenacious as Kobe's. At least Cleveland got rid of Hughes and Gooden though, it looked at times like James was ready to kill them during certain games.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
a few weeks ago it would have been King James without a doubt. But KB has changed his game a bit now that Gausol is there, and for the better. He's starting to look for the open player more and is forcing less shots. As much as I cant stand him he is now playing like the best player in the NBA.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
Kobe just keeps making a case for himself, 17 in the 4th quarter last night at Sacto.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
KG will always be my favorite player of all time, the closest I lived to a NBA city was Minnesota but he still is my favorite after leaving. I'd have to pick him even though hes probably not the best.
I like watching Chris Paul.
Second favorite player Wally Szczerbiak, he pwns n00bs hard.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Lebron just hit another 50. Im sticking with him.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
havent watched or followed NBA much the past years but i dont like Kobe period. the way he plays, the way he looks, the way he acts.....sh1t. I will say he is a great player. Lebron is doing great in his progression. Ive always liked KG just because he is a guy id like on my team no matter what position i played. He can do it all for a big man and is totally unselfish all he cares about is the win. James would get my vote for best player this year.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
I came to my conclusion by who I would want to have the ball in the 4th quarter while my team is down. The answer hands down is Kobe. The same cannot be said for KG, although he is a great player. Lebron last night though made the knicks just look stupid, he is not far behind kobe.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I came to my conclusion by who I would want to have the ball in the 4th quarter while my team is down. The answer hands down is Kobe. The same cannot be said for KG, although he is a great player. Lebron last night though made the knicks just look stupid, he is not far behind kobe.
thats true. I mean kobe is a clutch player like him or not....he has the guts to take the final shot miss or make.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Daggers.........

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
kobe...he has the skills to lay back until the 4th Q and takeover a game, basically outscoring the other team.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I don't watch the NBA, but would you guys say that the top 10 NBA players are black? Def. not being racist... just another reason to justify that not all races are created equal.

I play basketball like a football player... against 13 year olds!!! ARGGGGHHH!!!

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established

Thats one way of looking at it. The other way is this: If you were starting a franchise which one player would take. IMO that would be James. Kobe isn't the most well liked player in NBA or even his own team. If Duncan was 5 years younger I would want him.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't watch the NBA, but would you guys say that the top 10 NBA players are black? Def. not being racist... just another reason to justify that not all races are created equal.

I play basketball like a football player... against 13 year olds!!! ARGGGGHHH!!!
Nowitzki won the MVP last year, and Nash the 2 years before that, so whitey's aren't that bad.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
Kobe has the stronger supporting cast right now, Lebron though is carrying that sorry ass Cavs team, shades of Jordan Pre Pippen and Horace Grant days.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Oh how I miss the Bulls in the 90's, especially watching Bill Cartwright shoot free throws.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Nowitzki won the MVP last year, and Nash the 2 years before that, so whitey's aren't that bad.
Good point.

Can someone tell me.......is Jason Kidd a black man or a white man?

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
Lebron James is not alone, he has Wally to back him up.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have to go with Kobe Bryant, he just KILLS the other team, just flat our ruthless on the court. Lebron is #2, but i think he needs to lose the ridiculous headband, its holding back his mean streak.
Kobe X2. Got to see him in action at the Gaaarden, he's a freaking monster around the boards.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
LeBron James.

He leads Kobe in a whole 2+ rebounds, points, and assists/game.

bryan4592

Awards
Lebron James is not alone, he has Wally to back him up.
Speaking as a Timbewolves fan and Minneapolis native. Wally is WORTHLESS!! That was the best trade McHale has made. He plays no D, doesn't pass, doesn't rebound and takes up a lot of cap space. I can see why he's been traded 17 times in 2 years.

bryan4592

Awards
The best players gotta be LeBron and Kobe as #1 and #1a. Chris Paul has gotta be the MVP this year though. Hornets would be garbage without him. He's really fricken good too....

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The best players gotta be LeBron and Kobe as #1 and #1a. Chris Paul has gotta be the MVP this year though. Hornets would be garbage without him. He's really fricken good too....
i thought he was on the blazers.....different guy i guess...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
i thought he was on the blazers.....different guy i guess...
You don't know who Chris Paul is? Good lord PP, I thought you watched a lot of basketball. Chris Paul is amazing, he does it all. He's a little undersized when it comes to defending bigger guards, but he makes up for it with craftiness. It's really a tough call as to who should win MVP. I can't believe people think KG should win, bwahaha. I wouldn't be disappointed to see Lebron, Kobe or Paul win.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't know who Chris Paul is? Good lord PP, I thought you watched a lot of basketball. Chris Paul is amazing, he does it all. He's a little undersized when it comes to defending bigger guards, but he makes up for it with craftiness. It's really a tough call as to who should win MVP. I can't believe people think KG should win, bwahaha. I wouldn't be disappointed to see Lebron, Kobe or Paul win.
naw, the past couple years i havent really watched any nba. I do know there is a guy on the blazers tearing sh1t up too, who is that then?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Brandon Roy, somewhat similar names. I think he might be injured right now. Too bad being a few games over 500 won't do jack for you in the West. Portland might be nasty in the future, we'll see how Oden pans out.

bryan4592

Awards
Brandon Roy, somewhat similar names. I think he might be injured right now. Too bad being a few games over 500 won't do jack for you in the West. Portland might be nasty in the future, we'll see how Oden pans out.
I think Oden is gonna be a real solid pro Not Dwight Howard but a real solid pro. The Blazers are going to have a lot of guys who can score, which will take some of the pressure off of him until his offensive game develops. He should be a beast down in the block on the defensive end right away. He seems to get it as a defender.

psychobabble

psychobabble

Awards
  • Established
Jordan was also a ball-hog in the same sense as Kobe. I would also have to say Kobe plays with a bunch of softies, so he almost needs to step it up. The way Kobe is playing now reminds me of the bulls/knicks series when Jordan just went f*cking nuts and just dunked and screamed at Ewing.

couldnt have said it better my self ..do a research people, jordan holds the most shots per game attempt

kobe is the best player in nba right now hands down, ever since the addition of pau(healthy) his numbers in assits have gone way up

eh stupid lakers need to get healthy

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
couldnt have said it better my self ..do a research people, jordan holds the most shots per game attempt

kobe is the best player in nba right now hands down, ever since the addition of pau(healthy) his numbers in assits have gone way up

eh stupid lakers need to get healthy
You think people don't know that Jordan was a ball hog? That is some of the most basic basketball knowledge their is. He was also better than Kobe in every way. I doubt we'll ever see a game as beautiful as Jordan's again.

I don't think you can say Kobe is hands down the best player in the NBA right now. He's up there, but saying hands down is pretty ridiculous. Lebron has better stats than him in virtually everything that matters.

bryan4592

Awards
You think people don't know that Jordan was a ball hog? That is some of the most basic basketball knowledge their is. He was also better than Kobe in every way. I doubt we'll ever see a game as beautiful as Jordan's again.

I don't think you can say Kobe is hands down the best player in the NBA right now. He's up there, but saying hands down is pretty ridiculous. Lebron has better stats than him in virtually everything that matters.

LeBron doesnt have much help either...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
LeBron doesnt have much help either...
That's true, but before Gasol came to LA, Kobe didn't have much either, but his stats were the same. All I'm saying is that it's very close. I don't think it's accurate to say that Kobe is hands down the best.

bryan4592

Awards
That's true, but before Gasol came to LA, Kobe didn't have much either, but his stats were the same. All I'm saying is that it's very close. I don't think it's accurate to say that Kobe is hands down the best.

I can't even decide who I think is better. THey are both at the top by themselves.

Lamar Odom is much much better than anyone Lebron has played with.