Favre retires

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did not see this coming,especially since he was so close to the Super Bowl last year.

IainDaniel

Awards
Guess will see if the hype behind rodgers is finally true. :D

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Favre's is the most over rated QB of all time. Sure he has good numbers and toughness but his flat out stupid throws he constantly made him a very mediocre playoff QB but a top notch choke artist. He could throw an INT like none else. #1 all time INT thrower.

At least I can enjoy his final pass being a horrendous choke in the playoffs! :rofl:

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
Favre's is the most over rated QB of all time. Sure he has good numbers and toughness but his flat out stupid throws he constantly made him a very mediocre playoff QB but a top notch choke artist. He could throw an INT like none else. #1 all time INT thrower.

At least I can enjoy his final pass being a horrendous choke in the playoffs! :rofl:

The Cal Ripken of football. Always showed up to play, but didnt always come through when it mattered. He could throw 5 TDs one game and 10 INTs the next.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I honestly didn't see this one coming either. The man is a legend. Sad times for pack fans.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I liked Favre, he always looked like he was out there to play. He had fun and was able to stick it out during the years that his O-line wasn't the best. I'm definately going to miss watching him play.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
he is still one of the greatest of all time.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am gonna miss Favre...he's one of my favorite players of all time

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I think it's the perfect time for him to retire. While of course he would've loved to win another Super Bowl, he's going out with his skills intact. Look at the quarterback for your team, Has he been around for 17 years and can still knock a bird out of the sky from 40 yards away. I think not because there is nobody else, Farve was a throwback to the old school QB's. IMO, Farve is "The Man" warts and all.

:bruce3:

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the man really is a great QB and sometimes when you play this much its easy to pick on a guy when he has a bad game since it will obviously happen more times then others who havnt played as long.

He still had a great arm and I remember watchin him in QB challenges where he could just bomb it.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a patriot fan at heart, but i can say i have so much respect for this man. What an athlete!!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's sad, but I also love the fact that he's going out after one of the best seasons of his career. A long career at that, you can't feel to bad for the man after making that decision.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
When the Packers lost that game, I was 99% sure that he was going to return. In previous years, as in the last 1, 2, 5(??!!) years that he has been contemplating retirement, I had always thought it could go either way.
But after such a successful season, with a young team with such potential, I thought it was a sure thing he would be back. Kudos though to him for making the decision to spend time with his family. It's just that, of ALL the seasons, I wouldn't guess this would be the last of his.

Tough guy though, gotta admire that. A true love for the game... very inspiring.

brandon615

Awards

everyone else is open becuz the ball is twenty yards down the field....

psychobabble

psychobabble

Awards
  • Established
def. one of the greatest qb to to ever play the game, i wont say the greatest, but he's def. in the top5 .. as for his INT's, blah who cares

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
def. one of the greatest qb to to ever play the game, i wont say the greatest, but he's def. in the top5 .. as for his INT's, blah who cares
Yeah who cares he has choked in the playoffs time after time and has thrown 6 ints in single playoff game. Who cares he has let his team down time after time when it counts the most.

Favre is the most over rated QB in the history of the NFL.

bryan4592

Awards
Favre is the most over rated QB in the history of the NFL.

That award goes to Joe Namath. Dan Marino comes is second.

I dont want to hear about him letting his team down, they would've 8-8 without him. THose 8 wins would have only been because their defense is pretty nasty.

Favre was fun to watch. The league will miss him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mich29 Sports Talk 11
Fastone Sports Talk 40
Sports Talk 18
POWER HOUSE Sports Talk 3
Fastone Sports Talk 7