Campbell to San Jose.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not to happy that the Pens traded Angelo Esposito, but Hossa is a big time scorer. I am more than ecstatic about the return of Foppa and Footer to the Avs, however.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I loved Armstrong and Christiansen -- I don't know how I feel about that trade for Hossa yet..

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I am so mad buffalo lost campbell. we had such a good team and we've traded away our core. Very disappointed but at least we traded to a west coast team.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I loved Armstrong and Christiansen -- I don't know how I feel about that trade for Hossa yet..
It depends whether or not they can resign him. Pittsburgh's window is not going to be very long with their current squad because of the cap. Between Malkn, Crosby, Whitney, and Fluery, their cap space will not be very high (unless they increase the cap).

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
It depends whether or not they can resign him. Pittsburgh's window is not going to be very long with their current squad because of the cap. Between Malkn, Crosby, Whitney, and Fluery, their cap space will not be very high (unless they increase the cap).
I know, that would terrible if they traded all those assets just to have him leave after a year.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
I am so mad buffalo lost campbell. we had such a good team and we've traded away our core. Very disappointed but at least we traded to a west coast team.
He was gone come July 1st anways. The Sabres simply couldn't afford to sink that kind of money into Campbell...especially seeing as they're going to have to pay Miller some big money come this offseason.

Unfortunately the Vanek deal really handcuffed the Sabres front office, and will cause issues with future signings. Edmonton really screwed them there. Honestly, I think if they were able to sign vanek for a reasonable deal then Campbell would still be here.

On the bright side, they picked up Bernier who's a hell of a player. He's a big banging power forward who can score. The sabres have been looking for a player like him for years and they've finally got one. He'll thrive under Lindy Ruff. In addition, they picked up another 1st round pick from San Jose in this years draft which figures to be an extremely deep draft.

In the long run, I think that this deal will really work out in the sabres favor. The Sharks really gave up too much for a rental player IMO as I don't see campbell resigning with them this offseason. Sharks fans had better hope that they win the cup this year.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
I don't like this trade one bit from a Pittsburgh point of view. Hossa is a very good player, but there's no way Pittsburgh is going to be able to keep him after the season. Also, he tends to disappear in the playoffs. Just ask Ottawa.

Armstrong and Christiansen are the type of talented role players that you need to win a championship. Plus they're still young.

If I were an atlanta fan, I'd be thrilled with this deal.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Anyone listen

Some good moves

Hossa to Pittsburgh

Richards to Dallas

Campbell to San Jose.
How about Huet for a 2nd rounder? Canadians putting all that pressure on the 20 yr old net minder, Price.

Ballsy.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think the AVS made out great. My Flyers didn't do much looks like they are getting ready for next year.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
I don't mind the Hossa trade, though I would have liked to see what Esposito could do. Hope the injury isn't too serious to Hossa. Good to get Gill in there as well just for some size on defense. Scratch my back with a hacksaw.

cjbadboy

Awards
He was gone come July 1st anways. The Sabres simply couldn't afford to sink that kind of money into Campbell...especially seeing as they're going to have to pay Miller some big money come this offseason.

Unfortunately the Vanek deal really handcuffed the Sabres front office, and will cause issues with future signings. Edmonton really screwed them there. Honestly, I think if they were able to sign vanek for a reasonable deal then Campbell would still be here.

On the bright side, they picked up Bernier who's a hell of a player. He's a big banging power forward who can score. The sabres have been looking for a player like him for years and they've finally got one. He'll thrive under Lindy Ruff. In addition, they picked up another 1st round pick from San Jose in this years draft which figures to be an extremely deep draft.

In the long run, I think that this deal will really work out in the sabres favor. The Sharks really gave up too much for a rental player IMO as I don't see campbell resigning with them this offseason. Sharks fans had better hope that they win the cup this year.

Bernier has alot of potential but i wouldnt say that he is a player that the sabres have been looking for for years. He was an easily dispensable piece of the sharks roster that will be filled by Ryan Clowe who is just as good when he gets back. And the sharks have cleared a ton of cap room so they will be able to sign campbell if they please. But i do agree with you that the window is closing for them...but cheech is heating up and marleau is bound to soon. So look out Lord Stanley

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SkRaw85 Sports Talk 8
Misfit28 General Chat 25
Sports Talk 17
Wrivest Sports Talk 101
Sports Talk 12